Am I Crazy for wanting to rank up my 7 star Gamora before Hercules?

SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 526 ★★★
Did anyone here do this by any chance? I’m at 3 Cosmic catalysts right now, so I would still have to wait a little, but I’m considering holding off on the Herc r5 and doing Gamora first once I have the materials. She’s unawakened, btw.

Comments

• AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    It's just a game
    U are a player playing this game
    I assume u play it for fun & enjoyment

Go with the option which makes the game more enjoyable for u, not the one that is more popular/common

I will make it a bit easier for u.....next progression title will obviously be linked to 7* champs, most probably 7* R3
    At that time u will want more ranked up 7* options, not 6*
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,345 ★★★★★
    No. No you are not.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    I was originally stoked on wanting to r5 my herc, then i realized that BGs is everything if you care about getting actual meaningful reaards so I thought of doing Hulkling instead.

Now I am actually considering holding off on both and going in the direction of 7 stars entirely , even though I have zero 6r5.

Like the person above said about the progression titles being tied to 7 stars. Also you’ll eventually get a cosmic 6r5 gem, that you can just use on your Herc without having to sacrifice t6cc.

I remember a time in 2019 where I picked a 6* stealthy over a 6* G2099 because I had her as a 5* already. This was the biggest regret for me later on because stealthy was never once used and g99 was a monster at the time.

Back then 5 stars were still usable. The same way 6 stars are still viable now, but if you think ahead for the future, the 6 stars will eventually phase out. They already have significant disadvantages going up against 7 stars in BG’s.

Because of this, I am actually thinking of picking tech in selectors from now to be able to r2 my Shuri. She’s nowhere near as good as my r5 future antman, but she’ll benefit more in the long run.

So yeah definitely not crazy. If you were , then so would half of the people that voted yes on this poll I created.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/340428/should-t6cc-be-prioritized-on-7-star-champs#latest
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Member Posts: 167
    I haven’t, but I’m considering. I actually got 7 Cosmic T6C from the recent deals to rank 5 6* Hercules and rank 2 7* Gamora. But I’m thinking about just upgrading Gamora. I’ve been impressed with her performance in BG and elsewhere.

My other 7* are War Machine and Sauron. So, I will probably rank up Nimrod and Magneto over 7* or save for better 7*. Sauron is growing on me, though.