**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

People tanking in battlegrounds

1235»

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

I still stand by the VT not being a competition. It's just the required work to get into the actual competition, which is the GC.

Per the Oxford dictionary the definition of competing is striving against one another to gain or win something. You can consider it as analogous to a World Cup qualifying match. Every team is of course trying to get into the World Cup tournament but you have qualifying matches to earn a spot. It’s still a competition in the preliminary rounds.
    U wanna use the world cup?..
    There is a term "Death Group" in the group stages.. it means that the hardest teams fell in it and anything can happen.. also there is a whole event where groups are drawn... So yeah qualifiying, group stages are competitive... Different from giving lower people a pass to Plat and then letting bigger accounts smash em...

Does Bolivia or Peru get to skip playing Argentina or Brasil until the world cup?
    Bolivia and Peru get to skip all the European teams until World Cup. USA gets to skip Argentina and Brazil and all the European teams. The country hosting the game is automatically qualified. African/Asian/ME teams have their own qualifying group. Everybody doesn't play everybody to decide who goes into world cup, because then it wouldn't be a world cup.
    Yeah yeah we got your point u will nitpick everything to get to the point that lower progression deserve to compete and they don't get the same rewards....
    Well guess what the world cup everyone competes for the same reward.. so use it as an example or don't .. u dont get to use the little details that favor your argument...
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

I still stand by the VT not being a competition. It's just the required work to get into the actual competition, which is the GC.

Per the Oxford dictionary the definition of competing is striving against one another to gain or win something. You can consider it as analogous to a World Cup qualifying match. Every team is of course trying to get into the World Cup tournament but you have qualifying matches to earn a spot. It’s still a competition in the preliminary rounds.
    There is a term "Death Group" in the group stages.. it means that the hardest teams fell in it and anything can happen.. also there is a whole event where groups are drawn... So yeah qualifiying, group stages are competitive... Different from giving lower people a pass to Plat and then letting bigger accounts smash em...

Does Bolivia or Peru get to skip playing Argentina or Brasil until the world cup?
    Bolivia and Peru get to skip all the European teams until World Cup. USA gets to skip Argentina and Brazil and all the European teams. The country hosting the game is automatically qualified. African/Asian/ME teams have their own qualifying group. Everybody doesn't play everybody to decide who goes into world cup, because then it wouldn't be a world cup.
    Yeah yeah we got your point u will nitpick everything to get to the point that lower progression deserve to compete and they don't get the same rewards....
    Well guess what the world cup everyone competes for the same reward.. so use it as an example or don't .. u dont get to use the little details that favor your argument...
    Lower progression players shouldn't be at the same level, but a game mode that was meant to be peak "skill based" "competitive" gameplay turned into a huge p2w whale fest real quick. The same 80% of champs in every deck for the whales. With half of the deck being r5 or 7* r2, it's mental. Ain't no amount of skill can overcome that unless they're bots that bought their account and somehow die.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

Lower progression players shouldn't be at the same level, but a game mode that was meant to be peak "skill based" "competitive" gameplay turned into a huge p2w whale fest real quick. The same 80% of champs in every deck for the whales. With half of the deck being r5 or 7* r2, it's mental. Ain't no amount of skill can overcome that unless they're bots that bought their account and somehow die.
    I didn't know there were r5s and 7* in season 2-7...
    9 seasons accomodating lower progression for what it was advertise as the new mode with the most competitive solo of the game.. and here we are mid season 9... With people still asking "I'm only cavallier i only have 1 r3 how am i supposed to win against Paragon with R5s"
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

I didn't know there were r5s and 7* in season 2-7...
    9 seasons accomodating lower progression for what it was advertise as the new mode with the most competitive solo of the game.. and here we are mid season 9... With people still asking "I'm only cavallier i only have 1 r3 how am i supposed to win against Paragon with R5s"
    That's why I said, lower progression players shouldn't be up there. But I don't like what it's turning into. I've 100% all content but don't spend so Im about 7 r5s and 10 7*s or so behind these guys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    edited July 2023

DUHveed said:

Use whatever definition you want but a ladder with siloed groups is just homework before the real test. Anything that restricts people from facing each other (without a point reward for harder matches) is not a competition.

Your WC example also fails in the fact that stronger clubs get to face weaker competition or get byes on their way up.
    So your solution is to just put UC players up against Paragon's? And then what? Tell them to get good? Spend those years building their accounts or just don't play the game? I think it's fairly obvious why the current system is fine the way it is and changing it just so big accounts have a little more fun and small accounts cannot participate is never going to be the right move.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    My solution would be to scrap the VT all together and put those rewards into objectives. Drop everyone a few tiers each off-season and put a minimum fight requirement to qualify for the rewards.
  • Options

DUHveed said:

Use whatever definition you want but a ladder with siloed groups is just homework before the real test. Anything that restricts people from facing each other (without a point reward for harder matches) is not a competition.

Your WC example also fails in the fact that stronger clubs get to face weaker competition or get byes on their way up.
    So your solution is to just put UC players up against Paragon's? And then what? Tell them to get good? Spend those years building their accounts or just don't play the game? I think it's fairly obvious why the current system is fine the way it is and changing it just so big accounts have a little more fun and small accounts cannot participate is never going to be the right move.
    UC should have never been allowed into it for 1 main reason in the game... Masteries...How do u excuse having lvl 40 players and call it Competitive PVP 🤣
  • Options

My solution would be to scrap the VT all together and put those rewards into objectives. Drop everyone a few tiers each off-season and put a minimum fight requirement to qualify for the rewards.

Wouldn't that just put the top tier in the game down a few tiers and immediately allow them to work their way back up to the top in just a few days? I feel like the best players would then be given the short end of the stick by being forced to try the hardest for the entire season just to earn the same VT rewards and then qualify for the same tier they've been in the entire time.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

UC should have never been allowed into it for 1 main reason in the game... Masteries...How do u excuse having lvl 40 players and call it Competitive PVP 🤣
    I think level 40 players fighting level 40 players is extremely reasonable competition
  • Options
    Old_Man_LimnosOld_Man_Limnos Posts: 60
    Match making in BGs is completely broken. You’d never face a significantly weaker alliance in war. I’m paragon and waltz through platinum and Diamond in BGs fighting accounts that had 3* and 4*champs in their roster. I’m ok with it because I’m in gladiator track now but it doesn’t make any sense to me how matching works.
  • Options

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

I think level 40 players fighting level 40 players is extremely reasonable competition
    Yeah that's why they should have had a separate BG
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

Bronze through Gold already is seperate. Creating a different mode that separates the small accounts entirely would do nothing but lower player counts, and therefore queue times. And in that seperate BGs, none of those lower tier players would ever experience a real challenge causing a lack of motivation to improve and grow. It'd be a lose lose situation overall.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

Bronze through Gold already is seperate. Creating a different mode that separates the small accounts entirely would do nothing but lower player counts, and therefore queue times. And in that seperate BGs, none of those lower tier players would ever experience a real challenge causing a lack of motivation to improve and grow. It'd be a lose lose situation overall.
    Its Bronze - Plat not Gold...
    And they nerfed it to the ground with the 2 coin 1 coin change.. I repeat 9.5 seasons looking for a way to make it better for lower progressions... Nothing done for higher..
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

And they nerfed it to the ground with the 2 coin 1 coin change.. I repeat 9.5 seasons looking for a way to make it better for lower progressions... Nothing done for higher..
    Plat is not seperate, that's when everyone is thrown into the same pool. Some say plat 2, I experience it at plat 3.

That's because nothing needs to be done for higher. The game mode allows you to get to GC and beyond, not those lower accounts. If you don't like the game mode, I promise you it's not because smaller accounts are having literally any impact on your experience aside from a few free wins.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    They are not nerfed to the ground. Good Lord. It's BGs. Not Act 6.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

Plat is not seperate, that's when everyone is thrown into the same pool. Some say plat 2, I experience it at plat 3.

That's because nothing needs to be done for higher. The game mode allows you to get to GC and beyond, not those lower accounts. If you don't like the game mode, I promise you it's not because smaller accounts are having literally any impact on your experience aside from a few free wins.
    Yeah I guess nothing has to be done for endgame players in a competitive mode.. just find ways so lower accounts can get some rewards ..
    Feed em and send them to the slaughter house...
    It was promoted as brand new PVP competitive mode.. not a grind...
  • Options

They are not nerfed to the ground. Good Lord. It's BGs. Not Act 6.

So for 7 seasons u had a hard time to get out of Silver/Gold.. all of the sudden seasons 8 and 9 You are able to make big moves to GC or Diamond... And you really gonna tell me it hasnt been nerfed to the ground?
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

Yeah I guess nothing has to be done for endgame players in a competitive mode.. just find ways so lower accounts can get some rewards ..
    So what do you want them to do to make the experience more enjoyable for you? If the answer is to make it worse for those below you, you're going in the wrong direction.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

So what do you want them to do to make the experience more enjoyable for you? If the answer is to make it worse for those below you, you're going in the wrong direction.
    As it is right now there is nothing that can be done... It just became anothet monthly grinds...
    Sweat bronze to plat, stomp some lower accounts... Get to gc.. play a few matches try to get the best score possible while doing objectives...its just a grind...
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Match making in BGs is completely broken. You’d never face a significantly weaker alliance in war. I’m paragon and waltz through platinum and Diamond in BGs fighting accounts that had 3* and 4*champs in their roster. I’m ok with it because I’m in gladiator track now but it doesn’t make any sense to me how matching works.

That’s because in AW rating persists between seasons, and all ally’s don’t start with zero rating at each new season.
    On the other side, this doesn’t happen at BGs yet, because seeding is coming to solve that problem.
    As for the matchmaking it makes absolutely sense to give these match ups at Platinum tiers, because those small accounts you were matching, had been propelled through earlier VT tiers by Prestige matchmaking, and are facing there the harsh reality of an open competition.
    Kabam should had a matchmaking that gradually changes from Prestige to Random matchmaking (Gold3 to Platinum3), so people didn’t face all of a sudden much better competitors.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    The way the matchmaking works now is basically how it used to work. But it cuts off for lower players at plat instead of in the GC. Seems the solve for “point farming” is make GC worth more points.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

The way the matchmaking works now is basically how it used to work. But it cuts off for lower players at plat instead of in the GC. Seems the solve for “point farming” is make GC worth more points.

It may seem like a solution, but it's really not an effective one.
    A player can point farm in GC too.
    You can still lose with energy lowering your rating, far below your competitive strength, even to zero, and then play with EM while at that, having serious odds to win the match.
    Only two real solutions exist, both having their negatives:
    A. Point multiplier for each individual VT and GC tier, increasing going upper in brackets.
    But even this can be farmed (to a lesser extend of course), since energy and EM points difference is chaotic.
    And that bring us to the second solution:
    B. Reduce the difference between energy and EM points from 6x that is now, to 2x.
    This can happen by increasing the points energy matches award by 100%, and reducing the points EM matches award by 33%.
    Of course adjustments to EM prices will be needed (66% lower), and here is the biggest drawback of that solution.
    Only the combination of these two things can eliminate point farming, else nothing can prevent it from happening, at least to a degree.
    I personally doubt Kabam is willing to change the EM economy, leaving only hopes for individual bracket point multipliers, at some point in the future 🙂
  • Options
    DogfoodLidDogfoodLid Posts: 130
    Personally i think they should limit bg to 3*. Mastery and skill determines winner instead if "my roster is huge,eff off". This mode is the most boring for me. I only play it to hit alliance minimum requirement
  • Options

Personally i think they should limit bg to 3*. Mastery and skill determines winner instead if "my roster is huge,eff off". This mode is the most boring for me. I only play it to hit alliance minimum requirement

It's just up to preference. BGs is my main motivation for ranking up champions and getting better at the game. If they changed it, I'd lose the majority of my interest in mcoc.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Wouldn't that just put the top tier in the game down a few tiers and immediately allow them to work their way back up to the top in just a few days? I feel like the best players would then be given the short end of the stick by being forced to try the hardest for the entire season just to earn the same VT rewards and then qualify for the same tier they've been in the entire time.
    The rank rewards would have to reflect that at season's end.
  • Options
    Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

As it is right now there is nothing that can be done... It just became anothet monthly grinds...
    Sweat bronze to plat, stomp some lower accounts... Get to gc.. play a few matches try to get the best score possible while doing objectives...its just a grind...
    It's gonna be less of a grind from season 10 or season 11. Jax said in the recent livestream that seeding in VT will begin from then.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

But the number of spots available in the WC are assigned based on the perceived strength of the regions. The idea is that the relative quality of teams at the cut will be comparable, especially since some spots are left to playoffs between two continents.

If spots in GC were assigned based on total strength, uncollected and Cav players should be in a pool where the top few players get spots and that’s it. Wildly skilled players with developing rosters.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,560 ★★★★★
    Has Kabam commented on the tanking aspect yet and I missed it?
  • Options
    hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 ★★
    edited July 2023
    happened to me throughout diamond. even had a whale forfeit lol