**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Addressing Mythic Crystal Issue (1250 Crystals instead of Shards)

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I know many people are mad and angry that they didnt get to open all these crystals or they think the players who did opened them its their fault. As the saying goes "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth”
    If you came across 1000$ that could change your life, just laying around in the middle of somewhere. Im 100% sure most people would take it. Kabam han an objective mission reward that stuff and people saw it and didnt thought twice. If kabam meant it to happen, then why should they complain? if kabam didnt well then it sucks because of how crappy this game has bean lately. You would think they would take greater care of trying to remove any new bugs coming into the game. I also feel like this is being slightly blown out of proportion as the most this does is
    1- Take potential money out of kabams pocket
    2- Affect people in maybe AW and bg negatively like thats its really and even then all those new champs takes a lot of gold and iso to level up and rank up that most people wont have anyways. At most maybe people get 1 or 2 6 stars at a decent rank because of this. Definitely not as bad as people say. Aswell as all the iso it gave but which tbh we needed that, the economy right now in the game is trash after july 4th and many people dont even have a single piece of iso. The 7 stars for me are the problem though, if there was a way to just remove the 7 stars would be a lot more easier because that is the future.
    In my opinion if kabam wants to maintain goodwill with their community they let people keep what they got and compensate those who didnt get anything. Although as i said before removing only the 7 stars champs you got is a great idea because first of all it would be way easier than removing abosulety everything you got. These tbh really changed the present and changed the future because we all can agree the economy is absolutely garbage right now with only the bg store being decent. Some people i know got their dream champs they wanted long ago which they didnt had before simply because of the economy. If kabam does keep this and let the others have their compensation i think would be the easiest and fair thing. At the end of all its only champs were talking about, not even resources, ONLY CHAMPS. MANY people needed some champs they got from there. That is my opinion and remove the 7 stars shards too. If you dont agree with me thats okay but i think this is the most logical situation.

Only champs? U got any idea how much iso is 1250 5* champs only?... How many 6* shards and 7* shards?...
    I'm actually more concerned that you consider 1000 dollars life changing actually...
    and from another point of view is called exaggeration. same thing yall are doing about this mistake kabam did. I hope you can see the similarity because from what you said you havent read what i said which i really talk about takin off the 7 stars and iso or increase the iso economy. For paragons that have been around 5 years didnt care about 5 star champs and 6 star champs. it was mostly iso and 7 shards. For cavaliers though idk what they gonna do
    U took 3 posts to respond 1...
    -1250 mythic crystals is a lot of ISO, gold and shards regardless of progression
    -1000 dollars for a homeless might change 1 or 2 weeks not his life (and u know this..u wouldn't have changed to 2000 on your other response)
    - Im a 7 year Paragon I would like 1250 mythic crystals
    - If u wanna exagerate exagerate on the ammount lol
    and the point is to clarify what i said in other comments
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I know many people are mad and angry that they didnt get to open all these crystals or they think the players who did opened them its their fault. As the saying goes "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth”
    If you came across 1000$ that could change your life, just laying around in the middle of somewhere. Im 100% sure most people would take it. Kabam han an objective mission reward that stuff and people saw it and didnt thought twice. If kabam meant it to happen, then why should they complain? if kabam didnt well then it sucks because of how crappy this game has bean lately. You would think they would take greater care of trying to remove any new bugs coming into the game. I also feel like this is being slightly blown out of proportion as the most this does is
    2- Affect people in maybe AW and bg negatively like thats its really and even then all those new champs takes a lot of gold and iso to level up and rank up that most people wont have anyways. At most maybe people get 1 or 2 6 stars at a decent rank because of this. Definitely not as bad as people say. Aswell as all the iso it gave but which tbh we needed that, the economy right now in the game is trash after july 4th and many people dont even have a single piece of iso. The 7 stars for me are the problem though, if there was a way to just remove the 7 stars would be a lot more easier because that is the future.
    In my opinion if kabam wants to maintain goodwill with their community they let people keep what they got and compensate those who didnt get anything. Although as i said before removing only the 7 stars champs you got is a great idea because first of all it would be way easier than removing abosulety everything you got. These tbh really changed the present and changed the future because we all can agree the economy is absolutely garbage right now with only the bg store being decent. Some people i know got their dream champs they wanted long ago which they didnt had before simply because of the economy. If kabam does keep this and let the others have their compensation i think would be the easiest and fair thing. At the end of all its only champs were talking about, not even resources, ONLY CHAMPS. MANY people needed some champs they got from there. That is my opinion and remove the 7 stars shards too. If you dont agree with me thats okay but i think this is the most logical situation.

Only champs? U got any idea how much iso is 1250 5* champs only?... How many 6* shards and 7* shards?...
    I'm actually more concerned that you consider 1000 dollars life changing actually...
    and from another point of view is called exaggeration. same thing yall are doing about this mistake kabam did. I hope you can see the similarity because from what you said you havent read what i said which i really talk about takin off the 7 stars and iso or increase the iso economy. For paragons that have been around 5 years didnt care about 5 star champs and 6 star champs. it was mostly iso and 7 shards. For cavaliers though idk what they gonna do
    -1250 mythic crystals is a lot of ISO, gold and shards regardless of progression
    -1000 dollars for a homeless might change 1 or 2 weeks not his life (and u know this..u wouldn't have changed to 2000 on your other response)
    and i already can tell you havent read my other comments so just get outta here. The 3 things you said i talked about everything.
    Get out of a public forum?.. 🤔 nah thanks
    U keep on adding nonsense about 5 year Paragon not caring about 5 and 6... Well how about those 6* give u 7* shards?.. there is a screenshot going around with 22k 7* shards from opening all those
    dude i literally talked about that. Thats the thing i said was the dumbest and they should def fix that. At this point youre clearly just ignoring and live in your own world. Sorry to tell ya but it will save time for you if you just get out of this post.
    Dude u got 40 disagrees from the get go...i think you are the one living in your own world..
    An explanation to that its everyone disagrees what they are not thinking about. You literally disagreed to my comment and almost didnt say anything💀 "to clarify” and you disagreed. People be thinking everythings possible to revert and stuff so they just disagreed on everything that is not that.
    Everything is possible to revert, it all depends if its worth doing it or not, and the method...
    Its data... Not 1000 life changing dollars 🤣
    "everything is possible to revert” yeah not talking to ya. Youre defo a kid that knows nothing about money. With 1000 dollars i started dropshipping and made 7k profit in 1 month. Now while im becoming a lawyer and studying hard im gaining so much profit from income. And youre here just being ignorant. Plz dont reply again so i dont have to reply to you. thx
    Plz don't reply again so I don't have to reply back...
    With your argument skills I'll definetly see your picture on the side of busses
    “argument skills” hahaha. Clearly funny. Have already a degree in laywer. Youre the one here being ignorant just like the last time. I know you remember. Thats exactly why i hate forums. Ignorant people that know nothing and decide to talk so much
    U mean the post where i owned up that i was wrong, like most grown ups do?..
    Mr Law Student you should recant your post.. 40 jurors disagree with your nonsense
  • Options
    gordopechochogordopechocho Posts: 78

I also think they should give me lots of free stuff all the time because

It was their mistake and people couldnt resist themselves. If kabam doesnt find a way to fix we defo need compensation
    If your bank accidentally put 1 million in your account, you gonna spend it as well?
    that is a terrible example of what happened in here. 1 million dollars doesnt even compara to this💀. The example i gave is far better
    No. The examples are the same. You know you're not supposed to have an extra million in your account and you know they weren't supposed to give 1250 mythic crystals.
    Its the most important thing that loans you money and never does mistakes compared to a game. How come you be comparing 1 million to the economy of a game. Impressive tbh. This game is well known for their mistakes and letting modders a 7 day ban for getting thousands of units which ended up being better than what just happened right now
    considering they sell 6* Nexus crystals for thousands of units, and people could have received over 200 6* champs plus 5 7* champs thru this exploit, the modder comparison mentioning thousands of ill-gotten units is not equivalent at all
    i think you still stuck in conteder buddy. Paragon deals for thousands of units were the most valuable stuff in the game which were ranking resources, 7 star shards, any champ selector you wanted
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,451 ★★★★★

I also think they should give me lots of free stuff all the time because

It was their mistake and people couldnt resist themselves. If kabam doesnt find a way to fix we defo need compensation
    If your bank accidentally put 1 million in your account, you gonna spend it as well?
    that is a terrible example of what happened in here. 1 million dollars doesnt even compara to this💀. The example i gave is far better
    No. The examples are the same. You know you're not supposed to have an extra million in your account and you know they weren't supposed to give 1250 mythic crystals.
    Its the most important thing that loans you money and never does mistakes compared to a game. How come you be comparing 1 million to the economy of a game. Impressive tbh. This game is well known for their mistakes and letting modders a 7 day ban for getting thousands of units which ended up being better than what just happened right now
    I'm not talking about the economy of the game. I'm talking about right from wrong.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,451 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

and i already can tell you havent read my other comments so just get outta here. The 3 things you said i talked about everything.
    U keep on adding nonsense about 5 year Paragon not caring about 5 and 6... Well how about those 6* give u 7* shards?.. there is a screenshot going around with 22k 7* shards from opening all those
    dude i literally talked about that. Thats the thing i said was the dumbest and they should def fix that. At this point youre clearly just ignoring and live in your own world. Sorry to tell ya but it will save time for you if you just get out of this post.
    Dude u got 40 disagrees from the get go...i think you are the one living in your own world..
    An explanation to that its everyone disagrees what they are not thinking about. You literally disagreed to my comment and almost didnt say anything💀 "to clarify” and you disagreed. People be thinking everythings possible to revert and stuff so they just disagreed on everything that is not that.
    Everything is possible to revert, it all depends if its worth doing it or not, and the method...
    "everything is possible to revert” yeah not talking to ya. Youre defo a kid that knows nothing about money. With 1000 dollars i started dropshipping and made 7k profit in 1 month. Now while im becoming a lawyer and studying hard im gaining so much profit from income. And youre here just being ignorant. Plz dont reply again so i dont have to reply to you. thx
    “argument skills” hahaha. Clearly funny. Have already a degree in laywer. Youre the one here being ignorant just like the last time. I know you remember. Thats exactly why i hate forums. Ignorant people that know nothing and decide to talk so much
    You have a degree in Lawyer? How do get a degree for lawyer?

I thought you got degrees to practice law, and you get a job as a lawyer. That's why it's Law school and not lawyer school.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I thought you got degrees to practice law, and you get a job as a lawyer. That's why it's Law school and not lawyer school.
    He said degree on Laywer....not the same (🤣)
  • Options
    XreissXreiss Posts: 58
    I feel rewarding those who don’t abuses obvious glitches. Might help promote a better player base. Let’s be honest there will be other glitch people can exploit from time to time. And if they motivate people to not abuse glitchs. When they do happen less people will do it meaning they don’t have to ban/ regime the items on as many accountants. Plus there have been a ton of other bugs this month so giving out a bit of comp would be the worst idea.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,070 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Not excusing players who should have known better, but…

…what member of the game team would ever look at 1250 of any kind of crystal as a reward and not pause for at least a moment to reconsider?

Dr. Zola

It really does make me wonder how they didn't catch that.

Obviously I have no idea how it works, but did it just get programmed that way accidentally, then just forgotten about until it went live?
    Most probably a simple mistake like putting in mythic_crystal instead of mythic_crystal_shard.
    In many professional fields, a single word is the subject of intense negotiation and can have massive consequences for any of the involved parties.

I tend to think *simple* mistakes arise from insufficient attention to detail.

Dr. Zola
    Insufficient attention to detail on the programmer's part, definitely. But honestly, the simplest errors can be the most difficult ones to spot. Probably because the brain is fixated on finding more complex issues that it doesn't even see the 'simple' errors/ it filters them out unconsciously. Like the trick where they put two the's in a sentence and ask people to find the mistake.
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★

Coppin said:

i talked about the iso and of course i know 1000 dollas is not life changing. Im a student currently in college to be a lawyer, i work at walmart and others companies and i def make more than 2000 a week but what im saying is its FREE. Thats the key word. 1000 dollars in july 4th got you like 7 rank 5s, whole lotta of ranks 3/4.

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Hmmmmm. First you’re in college studying law. While working at Walmart. And a few posts later you “have already a degree in lawyer” do you mean degree in law? I hope you have WM 2 weeks notice between your posts.

But seriously there is no reason anyone of sound mind would actually believe the rewards for a single milestone should be be 1,250 CRYSTALS! If you can’t honestly sit there and be like “oh yeah I can get 1,250 CRYSTALS just for doing a 10/10 milestone l! Seems legit” you KNEW this was wrong from the moment you saw it.
  • Options
    Xreiss said:

I feel rewarding those who don’t abuses obvious glitches. Might help promote a better player base. Let’s be honest there will be other glitch people can exploit from time to time. And if they motivate people to not abuse glitchs. When they do happen less people will do it meaning they don’t have to ban/ regime the items on as many accountants. Plus there have been a ton of other bugs this month so giving out a bit of comp would be the worst idea.

From one post in the forums..
    U get rewarded by not being banned
  • Options
    Sparky9494Sparky9494 Posts: 58
    edited July 2023
    Let me just check if I got this right or is this a joke: is Kabam solution for the 1250 mythic crystals abusers is a 7 days ban? That's all? And then after those 7 days are over those abusers gonna come back to their shiny new stacked accounts?
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • Options
    joe883193joe883193 Posts: 4
    an account ban for opening the crystals is braindead. if kabam had a shred of common sense the most they would do is rollback the accounts that opened them.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    The reward should be…..

1250 mythic crystals!!!

Muahahaha.
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 451 ★★★
    No They said they are removing the items gained by the crystals as to if that happens that is another thing. Have to wait and see if they stick to their words then again Miike said "we don't anticipate having to ban any players"
  • Options
    NavieenNavieen Posts: 137 ★★
    I’m assuming that it’s a sort of temporary ban for now, whilst they figure out what to do with these accounts. You have to bear in mind that some people may have opened a couple and decided to stop whilst others may have opened all 1250. It is very situational depending on what each player has done. However I do believe (and hope) Kabam will remove all rewards that were gained from this bug.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    No, they are using the ban period to remove the rewards from the crystals.

My assumption is that they need time to do that and they need to freeze those accounts now to minimize how complicated it is to remove the rewards and minimize the impact in other game modes like BG.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    The bans are almost definitely in place for them to more effectively remove anything a player gained from the crystal without them further abusing the exploit. So there is more happening than just the bans.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 510 ★★★

Let me just check if I got this right or is this a joke: is Kabam solution for the 1250 mythic crystals abusers is a 7 days ban? That's all? And then after those 7 days are over those abusers gonna come back to their shiny new stacked accounts?

Kabam will remove all the items in the mean while.
  • Options

joe883193 said:

an account ban for opening the crystals is braindead. if kabam had a shred of common sense the most they would do is rollback the accounts that opened them.

An account ban for opening all the crystals is exactly what I would expect. I would have probably opened 10 by accident then, out of shock, look to the forums for info. Would never risk my 8 year old account for some crystals.
    why would an account ban even be possible tho
  • Options

Coppin said:

i talked about the iso and of course i know 1000 dollas is not life changing. Im a student currently in college to be a lawyer, i work at walmart and others companies and i def make more than 2000 a week but what im saying is its FREE. Thats the key word. 1000 dollars in july 4th got you like 7 rank 5s, whole lotta of ranks 3/4.

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Hmmmmm. First you’re in college studying law. While working at Walmart. And a few posts later you “have already a degree in lawyer” do you mean degree in law? I hope you have WM 2 weeks notice between your posts.

But seriously there is no reason anyone of sound mind would actually believe the rewards for a single milestone should be be 1,250 CRYSTALS! If you can’t honestly sit there and be like “oh yeah I can get 1,250 CRYSTALS just for doing a 10/10 milestone l! Seems legit” you KNEW this was wrong from the moment you saw it.
    do you even know what a degree. In many colleges you need different types of degrees. Im 2 years in and im missing my bachelors degree which with hard work im prob gonna get in 3 years
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 265 ★★★
    JustAGuy said:

No the stuff was/will be removed.

When they already opened crystals and used items on champions they got from the crystals, it's very hard or almost impossible for Kabam to revert the process. This happened several times, but the latest was the spring cleaning where TB players were able to get way more 6*s from the store than they were supposed to and Kabam just let them own all those crystals bc of the error.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

of course its law school. Im only 2 years in and missing bachelors degree. Many other colleges are far more strict about it and in some you need a lot of stuff and takes far more years
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

i really never said i did it hahaha
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    joe883193 said:

joe883193 said:

An account ban for opening all the crystals is exactly what I would expect. I would have probably opened 10 by accident then, out of shock, look to the forums for info. Would never risk my 8 year old account for some crystals.
    why would an account ban even be possible tho
    You must be new. Kabam has long ago established a precedent of banning accounts that clearly and intentionally took advantage of obvious bugs. That is what I was warning OP about yes but don't think he believed me.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I’m guessing they are all going to be 7-day bans, not permanent bans.
  • Options

joe883193 said:

They’re gonna need time to roll back 910 crystals. A ban makes sense in some cases because players should not be able to use those champs while Kabam sorts out removing them all.
    i understand that it would be abusive to use the champs in bgs or progression but wouldnt a rollback imply that everything the player has done since the beginning of the rollback would be reverted?
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 254 ★★★
    joe883193 said:

The temp bans are most likely so they can go through the data packages of each of these accounts and determine what champs/ISO/gold need to be rolled back before any additional rewards can be obtained from clearing new and harder content. We the playerbase really have no insight as to how many of these accounts there are and what kind of power Kabam is going to have to invest in the rollbacks.
This discussion has been closed.