**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Gambit 7* R2 or not?

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,139 ★★★★
So.. I have a duped 7* gambit and 5* gambit relic equipped.

I run suicides 24/7.

I also have R4 sig 200 omega red and R4 sig 200 namor, as well as R4 kitty, R4 cable and R4 apocalypse.

I am not in a prestige race.

I've been surprised how hard gambit hits and of course, he regens around 6% health at the start of every fight from willpower on suicides.

But I don't use him as much as omega, cable or apoc. Or namor. These others are safer (for me) and pump out more damage.

Am I missing something on gambit and should I opt for him over R5 ing one of the others? I'm close to 3 mutant t5cc and wondering if I should save for the 4th or not...

Comments

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I would without a doubt. People have mixed feelings on Gambit but I think most of those people don't realize how much content you can cheese with 100% perfect block (with Apoc).

Many people forget that the og perfect block synergy was nerfed many years ago for being too op. I forget the actual percentage of it, but it was way below the 100% from Gambit and it was nerfed as too op, so that says a lot about Gambit at 100%

Gambit also does very good damage with easy ramp up but as others will say, it is crit dependent (for the very high damage) and sometimes you have to make a choice between going for high damage or taking no block damage.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 915 ★★★
    No
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    Do it, rank who you enjoy. Eventually you'll be able to r5 all your mutants like you r5 5*s now
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★★
    When playing gambit, I always have a weird feeling. I think I don’t like his design, he looks so stone aged
  • Options
    5th5th Posts: 151 ★★
    edited July 2023
    One of the worst crit rng champ!
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    I'd put the usual suspects to r5 in that class before I'd bother with him at r2.
  • Options
    Gambit is amazing right now, and shines in BGs as well. Omega might be better overall, but im huge fan of Gambit.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★

Dew it. No regerts
  • Options
    Thanks @Demonzfyre , I was going to tag @BitterSteel too as I know he's got one.

Do you use him more than your mutant r4s, or was he mainly a prestige play?
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    Thing is, it's totally up to you

I have 4 R5 champs right now and am now going to start trying to focus on 7s, simply because the next progression title will be tied to 7s, not 6s and will also likely be r3 7s
  • Options

Thanks @Demonzfyre , I was going to tag @BitterSteel too as I know he's got one.

Do you use him more than your mutant r4s, or was he mainly a prestige play?

I was using him mostly in BGs. He's great for this months MEQ. As 1 sp2 generally ends the fight. I have a 5* gambit relic at rank 3 attached as well.

He's great for BGs because he can end the fight quickly and forces people to choose to decide to ban him or a defender instead.

Prestige is great and rotation is simple.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone, really appreciate it!

With the relic, he really is awesome for BGs on offense.

Going to main him in clearing cav EQ when burning energy and see what he's like.

(Have unduped 7* sunspot too... Too much choice!)
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t listen to Chatter, Bitter or Demonzfyre, sure the perfect block synergy is great, but he needs Apoc for it so it wont even matter in BG’s. And last i checked all story content is doable with a myriad of champs. Gauntlet? You’re telling me youd bring gambit over horseman AA that can 1) nuke down the rights in a fraction of the time gambit would? 2) turn off ability accuracy? Gambit is literally just specials damage and perfect block and needs synergy for that perfect block. Champs like sunspot get it out of the gate without needing a synergy.

R2 mats are too scarce to waste on someone like gambit. Bishop, sunspot , and domino are leagues above him in the 7* pool
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,224 ★★★★
    I shouldn't have looked into this thread. Just awakened my 7* Gambit *sigh*
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    Yeah guys dw gambit sucks, he’s awful please keep him open for me in BGs he can’t do anything

(No big crit sp2 against Nick there btw)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Also an Attuma match without a crit on specials here. Both of those were R5s

• Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 915 ★★★
    He’s not good enough to waste mats on
  • Options

Anyone is good enough to use Mats on if you enjoy them.

We play a game. Game is fun.

To anyone considering Gambit, try him out, use him and if you enjoy him rank him. If not, no harm done!

He has some really fun and relevant utility. Mainly in BGs, but when relics are added to war he’ll be very viable there. I cannot wait to try him with a mutant power booster with relics on I tell you.

He has no damage back from mediums/heavies/specials, so no Attuma or Korg, electro or Terrax damage.

He reduces opponent power gain during stuns, so you can parry and hit during stun, you’ll get more power than they do

He has an 85% concussion on sp2, which is 100% against skill champs. Been very useful against Korg’s, Nick Furies, Killmongers, just watch out for Attuma on that one.

He has 150% bleed resistance, meaning willpower healing from bleeds.

He pauses stuns during specials, so an example of that being useful recently is the VT meta where you can parry and throw an sp2 while they’re unstoppable and it’ll just hit them, the stun is paused so they can’t retaliate.

He has a similar armour rating to doom, so he’s actually damn tanky , it’s a little lower and he has less block proficiency so it’s not as tanky as doom, but he can take way more blocked hits and punishment than other champs and feel pretty good.

He’s also likely a 7* if you’re considering it. So he has extra health/attack, challenger rating, which means you crit more and harder.

And this is without including the 200k Sp2s or 80k sp1s he can get with his massively boosted crit rate via the gambit relic.

Even if he doesn’t crit, you’re looking at 60-70 second fights and if you’re using him - it’s probably against a Nick, korg or Attuma which he just shuts down making it a safe fight. If you do crit, it’s looking like 35-45 second fights.

Is he the best champ? No. Is he the objective best use of mutant cats? No probably not. But is he a waste? Absolutely not. If you enjoy using them, don’t ever let anyone tell you a champion is a waste.

And if Gambit is a waste, then I guess all the people banning him against me in BGs in C6/5 are making a huge mistake. Or they’ve seen the scores he can put out in BGs consistently. You make up your own mind on that one.
  • Options

You should end that sentence with "in my own opinion".
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I would not
    But if u love using him then go for it
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,157 ★★★★★
    5th said:

One of the worst crit rng champ!

Rintrah would like to have a discussion with you.