**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

To whom it may concern at Kabam

obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 829 ★★★
AW is currently disabled no?

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,228 ★★★★★
    This kind of stuff is programmed to display on a schedule. No need to remove it.
  • Options
    Ainy said:

click on the green arrow button, it replaces the objective. hope that helps! <3</p>

Can you provide screenshots? Not 100% sure what you're referring too. This game can be confusing at times.
  • Options

This kind of stuff is programmed to display on a schedule. No need to remove it.

Cite your source please.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,430 ★★★★★
    obsidiman said:

Cite your source please.

The source is Kabam. Technically, we're in off-season for AW and we're supposed to be having wars but right now we don't.

You can refresh these like you can with the daily ones as well.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

obsidiman said:

Cite your source please.
    For long time observers of how the game works operationally, this is common knowledge. There have been several discussions in the past about how the objectives and events work in general, as well as public statements made about the issues surrounding changing scheduled events.

Since I have been in direct conversations with the developers regarding the objective and event systems, technically speaking the source I can cite is me.
    The most reliable source hahahahaha
  • Options
    I'm not seeing this. Perhaps you're misunderstanding what I'm asking. Is it part of the Sigil? I'm not paying money to push a button.

You guys should be helping forum members not trolling them.
  • Options

obsidiman said:

Cite your source please.

The source is Kabam. Technically, we're in off-season for AW and we're supposed to be having wars but right now we don't.

You can refresh these like you can with the daily ones as well.
    What do you mean by "off season"? There's no war currently right? I can refresh war?? How does that work?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    obsidiman said:

I'm not seeing this. Perhaps you're misunderstanding what I'm asking. Is it part of the Sigil? I'm not paying money to push a button.

You guys should be helping forum members not trolling them.

Demonzfyre's post above literally points a gigantic red arrow to the button in question. Although it was described as an arrow, it is actually a bit of a loopy arrow that is circular on a green button.

Everyone gets one free push of that button for both daily and weekly objectives (one each). Using it causes that objective to be replaced by a randomly selected one. Successive pushes within the same objective set (not just the same objective) will cost units to use. In other words, if you push the button for Alliance War fighting that will replace that objective with a random one. If you try to push it for Alliance Fighting which is also in the weekly tab in the same day, the game will charge you units (it should try to confirm that request first. That looks like this:

Again: first one per day is free, and only additional requests to randomly redraw an objective in the same tab in the same day cost units.
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

What do you mean by "off season"? There's no war currently right? I can refresh war?? How does that work?

Everyone (I think) is assuming that your question was "since war is currently disabled, and since I therefore cannot satisfy this objective, what am I supposed to do about it." Everyone is pointing out that since yes, that objective cannot be satisfied at the current time you can replace that objective with a different one by using the redraw button which will replace it hopefully with one you can actually satisfy to get the rewards (the redraw is random).

However, if you're simply asking why it is even there at all, that is because these objectives are programmed to run on a schedule, and the game engine doesn't know there's no way going on: it just keeps pumping them out on the same schedule, and it takes too much effort to change it, so Kabam is simply going to let it go. Players can ignore it or use the redraw button if they choose.

If you're asking if this objective actually *affects* war in any way, it does not. It is a way to reward players who participate in war by granting a small reward when the objective is satisfied, which happens when you defeat three defenders in war. Changing the objective doesn't affect alliance war or your alliance's enlistment in war. It is simply a thing on the side where players can earn small amounts of rewards for participating in certain parts of the game. Do it, change it, or just ignore it.

Alliance war is scheduled into seasons. During a war season, individual wars score points towards an overall season leaderboard, for which there are rewards given to alliances depending on how high they place on that leaderboard. War seasons are not back to back to give players a break, during which you can still do alliance war but those wars are just individual wars that do not count for anything else. This is referred to as the off season period for war.

As Kabam is working on a new feature for alliance war (the persistent placement feature) and as this feature is currently not working correctly, wars have been disabled completely until this is resolved. This is technically still the off season period (we are outside of a season) but wars have also been disabled completely, which is a different thing entirely.
  • Options
    Can I ask a serious question?

What about my original post makes it seem serious and not just a funny observation? Was it the Michael Jordan meme? Guys I am a 7 year player well versed in how the select a new objective arrow works. I have unlocked a new achievement of forum trolling however. So thanks for that.

I will be more vigilant about prefacing my not so serious posts with a sarcasm or satire warning.
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

What about my original post makes it seem serious and not just a funny observation? Was it the Michael Jordan meme? Guys I am a 7 year player well versed in how the select a new objective arrow works. I have unlocked a new achievement of forum trolling however. So thanks for that.

I will be more vigilant about prefacing my not so serious posts with a sarcasm or satire warning.

Its Monday, and I tend to be cautious about presumptions when it comes to forum questions. I will, however, make a mental note to be much more skeptical about your questions when they seem blatantly obvious in the future.
  • Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... you're a good man @DNA3000.

I knew you'd understand. I'll use the crying Michael Jordan meme for my next satirical post.

P.S. First thing I did after seeing the weekly objectives and shaking my head in disbelief was to press the select new objective button. I came up complete 12 quests. To the best of my knowledge, Kabam didn't cancel quests so I should be able to hammer this new objective out.
  • Options
    As for the linked post... guilty as charged.

I admit, I forgot there were shards in the calendar. I am a big enough person to admit my short comings. However, in my minimal defense there have been instances in the past where special shards did not add up to an even number of crystals despite collecting from all sources.
  • Options

• Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 252 ★★★
    I had a feeling that this was a troll post, hence my original comment, but I did double down and explained where to click on the curved arrow - that comment needed admin's approval though and I don't see it in this thread, so I hope it'll get approved later, even after it was established that you're trolling lol
  • Options
    @KnightOfTheRealm... from your perspective, you may have thought it was a serious post covered quickly with red in the face, c.y.a. response posts. But I know the person who posted it very well, and I can assure you with 100% certainty that is was always a funny observation. My source on this info is quite reliable.
  • Options
    Case in point (and I know... not credible since there are only 2 objectives remaining. Sorry, I took care of one while at the gym. You're just gonna have to trust me.)

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,586 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    obsidiman said:

Because you're acting like an idiot and we cant tell if it's on purpose or not

Edit: I apologize that was rude. Im older and wiser now and can see the error of my ways
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

obsidiman said:

Edit: I apologize that was rude. Im older and wiser now and can see the error of my ways
    You must've experienced a lot in those two minutes, I forgive you.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    He's obviously trolling you guys
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

obsidiman said:

Well that hurt. But then again it could be that I am an idiot or maybe a guy just trying lighten the mood of the forums with a little humor.

@ahmynuts I will stick to serious stuff from here on out. Pinky swear.