**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

I Have Returned and Need Your Help.

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
I doubt any of you remember me and that’s fine idc however I would like if some of you are able to share with me the changes in game and the “meta” that have occurred since my absence.
I left right before the Hulkling update. Thank you in advance.

I also apparently had a 6* Nexus so uh who should I choose? Don’t care for alliances btw

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,028 ★★★★★
    I feel like posts about coming back are almost as pointless as posts about people leaving. Just play the game and decide for yourself If you like new characters or not.
  • Options
    Hoitado said:

Buttehrs said:

I feel like posts about coming back are almost as pointless as posts about people leaving. Just play the game and decide for yourself If you like new characters or not.

I feel like comments that aren’t useful in any way are pointless. Just don’t comment if you have no useful information.
    It was useful. Try the new champs out yourself and don't worry about what others think. You'll have a different opinion
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Hoitado said:

Buttehrs said:

I feel like comments that aren’t useful in any way are pointless. Just don’t comment if you have no useful information.
    It was useful. Try the new champs out yourself and don't worry about what others think. You'll have a different opinion
    Not really useful tbh. I understand the premise of your comment but it’s of no use to me as I have no idea what has happened.

How am I supposed to who has been buffed, possibly nerfed, and what game mechanics have been introduced and stuff?

In regards to my last comment, apologize if I came off as rude but I am genuinely confused about the state of the game right now.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,527 ★★★★★
    Mangog is decent for BG if he’s r5, but as Pikolu said, there’s a 7* version of him so don’t both ranking him up. Spidey cosmic is still bad. I’d grab heimdell for the synergy unless you already have him as a 5*. Then I’d grab Mangog.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Hoitado said:

Buttehrs said:

The point is to say they don't know what happened or how the meta is now. Did Sym Spidey get buffed? Is heimdall more or less valuable, does mango shine now,
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,451 ★★★★★
    Welcome back.
    I remember the name.
    Take hiembro or mango
    Why???
    Go autmai and check what synergy you would like more. They got useful synergies.

Champion buffs are kinda dead, so hopes of spider buff is non-existent atm.
  • Options
    Hoitado said:

Buttehrs said:

Hoitado said:

Buttehrs said:

Not really useful tbh. I understand the premise of your comment but it’s of no use to me as I have no idea what has happened.

How am I supposed to who has been buffed, possibly nerfed, and what game mechanics have been introduced and stuff?

In regards to my last comment, apologize if I came off as rude but I am genuinely confused about the state of the game right now.
    In all honesty, nothing has really changed. Especially regarding older champs. Heimdall is still a synergy safety net, sym spidey still blows and mangos hasn't changed. The meta only changes when 1 of two things happen. Either an all around champ like Hercules comes out ( which hasn't happened) or the victory track/gladiator circuit in Battlegrounds is favorable( which changes on a regular basis meaning you gotta look at your deck and make necessary adjustments.)
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 896 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    As someone has already mentioned @Hoitado , auntm.ai is an excellent resource and well-maintained. The main Contest website also has champ info too, but auntm.ai really gets into the nuts and bolts of each kit.

IIRC, KT1 ,KarateMike and Lagacy all do tier lists based on their own perspectives. They do agree on most of the champions. Search out their channels on YouTube.

Without seeing the rest of your roster it's hard to call exactly, but all things being equal I'd do Heimdall, then Mangog. Symbiote Spidey needs a buff - not war and peace, just an uplift and maybe an extra ability or two.

And welcome back to the Contest :)
  • Options
    Welcome back to The Contest!

I would personally go with Heimdall. He is super useful, especially for progressing players. He is a solution for a few roadblocks.

Mangog is a pretty good defender so there's that as well.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 914 ★★★
    Run. Before it’s too late.
    Hoitado said:

Buttehrs said:

Hoitado said:

Buttehrs said:

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,869 ★★★★★
    funnily enough i actually do remember you welcome back amigo

heimdall all the way