**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoners Names

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows when accounts lose their summoners names. Just wondering as I want a specific name but I see that the account with the name I want hasn’t been logged into for 200+ days

Comments

• Options
    I believe names do disappear after a length of time, yes. I know people who have players in their Friends List who have blank names. Old accounts that haven't opened the game in a long time.

I don't know how long it takes for an account to get to that point, though. I also have no clue if the username is put back into the market when this happens, either.

Hopefully others here have more insight. I am also curious.
  • Options
    BigZillaBigZilla Posts: 4
    I see, hopefully someone does come around and answers our question.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    I think the accounts with blank usernames are the blocked ones. I think what you want is to change your username, it's simple. You would need an edit token from store. 1st use is free though, you won't need that token. Clear on profile pic and change username.

Edit: Oh i understood now, you want a username that is with your other account you no longer use, ignore my above response then
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    I believe the names go back to being available once they've been blanked on an account. I had a second account I created soon after the game's release, and I promptly forgot about it. I went to sign in on my main, and absent-mindedly put in my alt email, and was greeted with a screen to enter a new name. Looked around and recognized that it was the long forgotten account.

As for how long it takes to blank the name, I do not know.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    One of my friends has their account name blanked, they haven't played since like 2017. Not sure if their old username would be restored or not if they got back on because I don't communicate with them anymore

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,179 ★★★★★
    I stopped playing for three years, came back and still had my original name.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    I've had old alt accounts lose their names after like a year of not logging in. But im not sure if thats a criteria or not because theres one that still has its name in the same situation