Unsellable items

DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
Is there anyway this could be revisited with a focus on title progression? Anyone who has made Paragon should be responsible enough to manage whether or not they want to sell something before it expires.

Another thought is to only allow those high value items be sold if they are in the last 24-48 of expiring.

Open to any and all ideas but really tired of seeing those sought after resources disappear.

Comments

• EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 325
    Like T4 class catalysts getting you nothing and having a store option to turn 2 into 1? I am sure there will be a store purchase soon for the problem you are refering to.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    The only think I really think should be unsellable are champs, other than that I agree
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Actually I’m losing tons of T2As and T5Bs. I’d even consider selling some T5Cs if I needed a few T6C shards for a tank up.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 914 ★★★

The idiocy of some on these forums never ceases to amaze me. How can anyone disagree when I state a fact about myself? Are you me from a parallel dimension?

You've played into just what the people who disagreed wanted. People will disagree with simple statements just to get under the skin of the poster. Some disagree because they say a forum name they just don't like. Maybe some disagree thinking that there will be some negative connotation to it like a Reddit down vote. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

State your opinion and let it go at that. Don't worry about an disagrees. They have no effect on you post in the slightest.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

The idiocy of some on these forums never ceases to amaze me. How can anyone disagree when I state a fact about myself? Are you me from a parallel dimension?

Because you obviously don't manage your resources responsibly like you claim if you have all that in overflow and expiring lol
    I am at the point where I am mostly ranking up to r4 and r5. So I am using up more t5b compared to t2A and have 62 or so in overflow. Few of them are going to expire. I have tried to balance but it’s not possible. I am going to let them expire. It would have been nice to have the option to sell even for gold rather than just have it disappear. And I am not ranking up a useless champ just to use t2A because I cannot spare any t5b which I really need.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

Side note and unrelated to the original post, but somewhat pertinent to the follow on discussion:

How about adding a feature that allow you to see who agrees, disagrees, lol, etc. with your post. That will prevent all the trolls from simply hiding behind anonymous comments.

How am I supposed to troll you? ;)

Side note and unrelated to the original post, but somewhat pertinent to the follow on discussion:

How about adding a feature that allow you to see who agrees, disagrees, lol, etc. with your post. That will prevent all the trolls from simply hiding behind anonymous comments.

How am I supposed to troll you? ;)
    Well played summoner!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,563 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

So anyone who clicks disagree is automatically a troll? Pretty sure that isn't how it works.
    Depending on the comment it certainly can work that way. Indisputable facts that someone chooses to click disagree is absolutely the action of a troll. Some examples below:

"MCOC is licensed by Marvel"
    "My favorite color is red"
    "Alaska has the most land mass of any state in the USA"
    "Water is wet"

All facts that can't be disagreed with.
    Have you ever met someone who believes the earth is flat? Even though earth is a sphere, which is undeniably a fact, they still disagree. Yet they aren't a troll. Just sayin.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,208 ★★★★★

The forum mods already have the ability to do this so i doubt they would give it to the public now

ahmynuts said:

Because you obviously don't manage your resources responsibly like you claim if you have all that in overflow and expiring lol
    I didn't claim to be the best resource manager at any time in my post. I simply said once you reach a certain level, the restrictions on selling should be taken off. Just like training wheels can prevent an mistake as you learn to ride a bike, you outgrow their need at some point in the future.
    I dont disagree with your point. I was just giving my opinion on why you got disagrees. We all have different account situations. Personally i only have t5b, t5cc, t2a in overflow after a big drop of it like story content or some sales that i sadly buy on holidays. If i ever get close to overflow i just take a 6 star to rank 1 or 2 because i know i'll still have a bunch left for when im able to rank 4 or 5 my next champ
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

So anyone who clicks disagree is automatically a troll? Pretty sure that isn't how it works.
    Depending on the comment it certainly can work that way. Indisputable facts that someone chooses to click disagree is absolutely the action of a troll. Some examples below:

"MCOC is licensed by Marvel"
    "My favorite color is red"
    "Alaska has the most land mass of any state in the USA"
    "Water is wet"

All facts that can't be disagreed with.
    Have you ever met someone who believes the earth is flat? Even though earth is a sphere, which is undeniably a fact, they still disagree. Yet they aren't a troll. Just sayin.
    I guess what you're saying is we need a stupidity exception. Fair enough.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 914 ★★★

I'm one of the people who disagreed with this particular post.

Ok @DanielRand... now what?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

Is there anyway this could be revisited with a focus on title progression? Anyone who has made Paragon should be responsible enough to manage whether or not they want to sell something before it expires.

What should the penalty be for someone who "should be responsible enough" that opens a support ticket because they accidentally sold one of those items?

The reason you can't sell them isn't because Kabam was trying to protect you from making mistakes. At least, not directly. The reason you can't sell them is because when you could sell them players would open support tickets constantly asking for help because they "accidentally" sold them. Processing these tickets takes time and indirectly money, because the relatively high volume of them soaked up support resources. They blocked those sales to prevent the need to process all those tickets. Which were supposedly remarkably high.

What do we do with the players who get the ability to sell, and then open support tickets to try to recover them. If the answer is "nothing" then the answer is no, they aren't getting that ability to recreate the support issue with no consequences. If the answer is "automatic seven day ban for anyone who opens such a ticket" then I'd be all for it.

But Kabam wouldn't because that would anger the player more than the inability to sell. It just isn't worth it. Nobody quits because they can't sell a catalyst. But people love behaving as if the cosmos owes them unlimited undo, and someone else is supposed to pay for it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

The reason the disagree flag is there in the first place is to give forum posters a way to express trivial disagreement anonymously without cluttering the boards with what they used to do instead, which was respond with silly flippant trollish posts designed to derail threads. Now they can push a button and go away happy, and no one else needs to care that they pushed a button and went away happy.

I've had people flag a post that just had arithmetic in it. I've had people flag a post that had nothing but the word "no" in it in response to a direct question. Someone flagged a post where I mentioned (approximately) where I lived. Yes it is childish and stupid, but it is happening in the dark where no one can see it. People just have to learn to deal with it. It is a small price to pay to redirect all non-constructive disagreement into a black hole. Much like the close door button in most elevators doesn't actually do anything, it is still worth putting the button there for people who have a compulsion to push buttons to have something to do, that in all other respects does not affect anyone else in any meaningful way.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    I think you should be able to sell whatever you want.
    Kabam decides what that item is worth.

If you “accidentally” sell something, that’s on you.

They could make it 1 gold, but at least you could clean out your old garbage/useless stuff.
    I’m assuming the crystal clean up was to clean up server data.

Why am I and a lot of other people stuck with Accolades Cards and Ballot Receipts?
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 283 ★★★
    Put in a couple pop up messages. Are you sure you want to sell this item and make them click yes. Put in a disclaimer. If you click yes to sell this item any and all support tickets will be automatically closed. Are you still sure you want to sell this item.
    Shuffle signets.
    Buff randomizers.

Are these coming up again?
    obsidiman said:

I'm one of the people who disagreed with this particular post.

Ok @DanielRand... now what?

Disagreeing with that post is perfectly reasonable as I posted an opinion that didn’t align with your own thoughts. Have at it.

The ones I have a problem with are disagrees for the sake of being obstinate.
    DNA3000 said:

What should the penalty be for someone who "should be responsible enough" that opens a support ticket because they accidentally sold one of those items?

The reason you can't sell them isn't because Kabam was trying to protect you from making mistakes. At least, not directly. The reason you can't sell them is because when you could sell them players would open support tickets constantly asking for help because they "accidentally" sold them. Processing these tickets takes time and indirectly money, because the relatively high volume of them soaked up support resources. They blocked those sales to prevent the need to process all those tickets. Which were supposedly remarkably high.

What do we do with the players who get the ability to sell, and then open support tickets to try to recover them. If the answer is "nothing" then the answer is no, they aren't getting that ability to recreate the support issue with no consequences. If the answer is "automatic seven day ban for anyone who opens such a ticket" then I'd be all for it.

But Kabam wouldn't because that would anger the player more than the inability to sell. It just isn't worth it. Nobody quits because they can't sell a catalyst. But people love behaving as if the cosmos owes them unlimited undo, and someone else is supposed to pay for it.
    I think we need to evolve past this argument as it always comes up as an excuse. I agree that there should not be the ability to open support tickets for their own stupidity. 7 day ban might be extreme. But perhaps prevent them from selling those items in the future for a certain period as a penalty.

DNA3000 said:

I think we need to evolve past this argument as it always comes up as an excuse. I agree that there should not be the ability to open support tickets for their own stupidity. 7 day ban might be extreme. But perhaps prevent them from selling those items in the future for a certain period as a penalty.
    Should we be able to sell Shuffle Signets and Buff Randomizers?
    DNA3000 said:

The reason the disagree flag is there in the first place is to give forum posters a way to express trivial disagreement anonymously without cluttering the boards with what they used to do instead, which was respond with silly flippant trollish posts designed to derail threads. Now they can push a button and go away happy, and no one else needs to care that they pushed a button and went away happy.

I've had people flag a post that just had arithmetic in it. I've had people flag a post that had nothing but the word "no" in it in response to a direct question. Someone flagged a post where I mentioned (approximately) where I lived. Yes it is childish and stupid, but it is happening in the dark where no one can see it. People just have to learn to deal with it. It is a small price to pay to redirect all non-constructive disagreement into a black hole. Much like the close door button in most elevators doesn't actually do anything, it is still worth putting the button there for people who have a compulsion to push buttons to have something to do, that in all other respects does not affect anyone else in any meaningful way.
    I am shadow banned in this forum unless I quote someone that isn’t.

I have posted 3 times with no violations. This place is hilarious.
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    About selling stuff theres some pointless stuff in my inventory that i cant sell

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★

Had these expire as I literally couldn't get anymore 6* champs and all are r3 and above. Support said I'm not managing my inventory. So now this whale is done whaling out. The most out of touch response ever. Why can't I exchange generic rank ups for cats instead? Really upset me that they had these sales and say sorry you're account is too big so all that money you spent was wasted.