Unsellable items

2»

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Shadow banned :)

That's a new conspiracy theory for here!
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    Zuko_ILC said:

Had these expire as I literally couldn't get anymore 6* champs and all are r3 and above. Support said I'm not managing my inventory. So now this whale is done whaling out. The most out of touch response ever. Why can't I exchange generic rank ups for cats instead? Really upset me that they had these sales and say sorry you're account is too big so all that money you spent was wasted.

Wow. That’s very low. I mean those most likely had actual dollars spent to obtain them. And it’s not like you didn’t want to use them. You couldn’t.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Had these expire as I literally couldn't get anymore 6* champs and all are r3 and above. Support said I'm not managing my inventory. So now this whale is done whaling out. The most out of touch response ever. Why can't I exchange generic rank ups for cats instead? Really upset me that they had these sales and say sorry you're account is too big so all that money you spent was wasted.

I don't know what to tell you... if you literally can't use them, then you're not really losing anything. These materials are so rare and so valuable that I'm sure a scenario like yours is one in thousands. Assuming or asking that they be able to be exchanged for catalysts, a completely different category of item, is kind of absurd.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    edited July 2023

I think we need to evolve past this argument as it always comes up as an excuse. I agree that there should not be the ability to open support tickets for their own stupidity. 7 day ban might be extreme. But perhaps prevent them from selling those items in the future for a certain period as a penalty.

What does that even mean? I know what it means to evolve past gravity: you just grow wings. I don't know what it means to evolve past the point where you recognize a true statement.
    Zuko_ILC said:

If you buy things you can't use, support is not going to automagically change them to things you can. That sets a dangerous precedent that support is there to rewrite the game into whatever customers think is better for them.

If your position is you will only spend if you get to tell support what to do with the items you can't use, then that price is too high for your money. If the developers wanted you to be able to convert those into catalysts, they would make a catalyst conversion store. You get those *because* they can't just be converted into anything else, so the devs can offer more of them to players knowing how they will be used.

I don't know why players believe "out of touch" is when they hear something they don't want to hear. Support can't and won't change those into other things. They have no such authority. All they can do is advise you not to buy things you can't use, if having them expire is too painful for you. Honestly, that's the only thing they could say, however "in-touch" or "out of touch" they happen to be. It is the only thing I can think of myself.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

If you buy things you can't use, support is not going to automagically change them to things you can. That sets a dangerous precedent that support is there to rewrite the game into whatever customers think is better for them.

If your position is you will only spend if you get to tell support what to do with the items you can't use, then that price is too high for your money. If the developers wanted you to be able to convert those into catalysts, they would make a catalyst conversion store. You get those *because* they can't just be converted into anything else, so the devs can offer more of them to players knowing how they will be used.

I don't know why players believe "out of touch" is when they hear something they don't want to hear. Support can't and won't change those into other things. They have no such authority. All they can do is advise you not to buy things you can't use, if having them expire is too painful for you. Honestly, that's the only thing they could say, however "in-touch" or "out of touch" they happen to be. It is the only thing I can think of myself.
    What about stuff stuck in “Other” from years ago. We should be able to delete or sell this stuff. Even if it’s just for like 1 gold or something.

I don’t need 10 separate Accolade cards or some ballot receipts anymore unless they’re bringing them back.

If they’re worried about hoarding, let us get rid of stuff we don’t want or need.
    No answer.
    smdam38 said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

What about stuff stuck in “Other” from years ago. We should be able to delete or sell this stuff. Even if it’s just for like 1 gold or something.

I don’t need 10 separate Accolade cards or some ballot receipts anymore unless they’re bringing them back.

If they’re worried about hoarding, let us get rid of stuff we don’t want or need.
    The only accolade cards I can think of that might be in inventory are the ones granted to players during the Christmas event, which were intended to be given away. I don't know why you would have so many, unless you didn't care about granting them to anyone. In which case I don't understand why you would care now about them cluttering up your inventory.

Kabam's only concerns about hoarding are two fold. First, players sometimes keep temporary items indefinitely in a way that prevents them from deleting them from server tracking. However, the only way for Kabam to remove an item from the tracked list of items is if *no one* has them. If Kabam cares about those items, they can simply force them to be spent or deleted. However, it is possible they might come back, or that they might reuse the database space and simply clear them from player's inventory prior to the next event. Either way, they don't care if you still have them. And the other thing that they are concerned about are players hoarding to their own detriment. Players hoard crystals, then complain they lack materials contained in those very crystals. That's not a thing that would apply here.

The fact is, it doesn't help Kabam or the game in general if you are allowed to sell that stuff or delete it. If it one day becomes useful again, everyone who deleted it would go bananas and complain. If it doesn't, it doesn't. It is all downside and no upside for them to do that. So the risk is not worth it.
    You’re shilling for sure.

When are the Accolade cards or ballot receipts gonna come back?

Each of these items take up the same amount of space.
    You are the math wiz right?
    Let’s multiply all the unnecessary items by the amount of people that have them.
    Everyone post the useless items you have sitting in “Other”
    No more posting.
    I care this much.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,524 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Everyone post the useless items you have sitting in “Other”

I've got 8 Spider-Punk vote receipts, a constant reminder of my failure to pick the winner.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

You are out of touch with high level whale accounts. We literally can't use the items they are selling but they are packaged so you have to if you want to stay competitive. You should be able to sell items that you purchased. It's not like it was an in game free item. They need an option to sell or trade in for high $$$ items. It's really not difficult to do. But you can't compare your account or spending habits with mine.
    Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

You are out of touch with high level whale accounts. We literally can't use the items they are selling but they are packaged so you have to if you want to stay competitive. You should be able to sell items that you purchased. It's not like it was an in game free item. They need an option to sell or trade in for high $$$ items. It's really not difficult to do. But you can't compare your account or spending habits with mine.
    I'm not comparing my account to yours or my spending to yours. I don't know what your account looks like or what your spending history looks like. I only know what your stated expectations are, and how the conflict with what the game is likely to present. If the game developers wanted to do what you're asking them to do, rank up gems wouldn't exist at all.

Seems you're out of touch with gaming reality.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    Items in your inventory should be sellable or discard able. Like the guys above me mentioned, got so much trash just sitting there.

From modok randomised, to the gift, which I should be able to open or bin, to multiple voting cards and uncanny passes and even a temporal lockpick and a catalyst token.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

I wish I had 10000 iso.
    DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

I'm not comparing my account to yours or my spending to yours. I don't know what your account looks like or what your spending history looks like. I only know what your stated expectations are, and how the conflict with what the game is likely to present. If the game developers wanted to do what you're asking them to do, rank up gems wouldn't exist at all.

I'm not out of touch at all. Obviously the community agrees they shouldn't sell items you can't use due to spending too much on the game. But I'll stop spending now since you opened my eyes. You can let Kabam know you're the reason this whale stopped spending 😀. FYI they've accommodated my request in the past due to selling me items that I couldn't use due to spending so much. So I'll shift that entertainment $$$ somewhere else. No point in spending too much money for it to negatively impact me right!
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Is there anyway this could be revisited with a focus on title progression? Anyone who has made Paragon should be responsible enough to manage whether or not they want to sell something before it expires.

What should the penalty be for someone who "should be responsible enough" that opens a support ticket because they accidentally sold one of those items?

The reason you can't sell them isn't because Kabam was trying to protect you from making mistakes. At least, not directly. The reason you can't sell them is because when you could sell them players would open support tickets constantly asking for help because they "accidentally" sold them. Processing these tickets takes time and indirectly money, because the relatively high volume of them soaked up support resources. They blocked those sales to prevent the need to process all those tickets. Which were supposedly remarkably high.

What do we do with the players who get the ability to sell, and then open support tickets to try to recover them. If the answer is "nothing" then the answer is no, they aren't getting that ability to recreate the support issue with no consequences. If the answer is "automatic seven day ban for anyone who opens such a ticket" then I'd be all for it.

But Kabam wouldn't because that would anger the player more than the inability to sell. It just isn't worth it. Nobody quits because they can't sell a catalyst. But people love behaving as if the cosmos owes them unlimited undo, and someone else is supposed to pay for it.
    Fair enough! Don’t give the players the ability to sell but make it so that when it expires it gives a tiny bit of the higher level stuff and some gold. Like if t2A expires you get a couple of thousand gold and a few hundred t3a shards. No more support tickets that way that they accidentally sold them. The way it is now, things just disappear from stash.
    Graves_3 said:

DNA3000 said:

Is there anyway this could be revisited with a focus on title progression? Anyone who has made Paragon should be responsible enough to manage whether or not they want to sell something before it expires.

What should the penalty be for someone who "should be responsible enough" that opens a support ticket because they accidentally sold one of those items?

The reason you can't sell them isn't because Kabam was trying to protect you from making mistakes. At least, not directly. The reason you can't sell them is because when you could sell them players would open support tickets constantly asking for help because they "accidentally" sold them. Processing these tickets takes time and indirectly money, because the relatively high volume of them soaked up support resources. They blocked those sales to prevent the need to process all those tickets. Which were supposedly remarkably high.

What do we do with the players who get the ability to sell, and then open support tickets to try to recover them. If the answer is "nothing" then the answer is no, they aren't getting that ability to recreate the support issue with no consequences. If the answer is "automatic seven day ban for anyone who opens such a ticket" then I'd be all for it.

But Kabam wouldn't because that would anger the player more than the inability to sell. It just isn't worth it. Nobody quits because they can't sell a catalyst. But people love behaving as if the cosmos owes them unlimited undo, and someone else is supposed to pay for it.
    Fair enough! Don’t give the players the ability to sell but make it so that when it expires it gives a tiny bit of the higher level stuff and some gold. Like if t2A expires you get a couple of thousand gold and a few hundred t3a shards. No more support tickets that way that they accidentally sold them. The way it is now, things just disappear from stash.
    I suggested something like that in the past, and I'm not opposed to doing that in general, but for things like rank up gems the residual returns are unlikely to be anywhere near the catalyst components, for the separate economic reasons I mentioned above (we tend to get more rank up gems than we would otherwise get the component catalysts, because the limitations of rank up gems give them a lower cap to their value than their break up value).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

I'm not out of touch at all. Obviously the community agrees they shouldn't sell items you can't use due to spending too much on the game. But I'll stop spending now since you opened my eyes. You can let Kabam know you're the reason this whale stopped spending 😀. FYI they've accommodated my request in the past due to selling me items that I couldn't use due to spending so much. So I'll shift that entertainment $$$ somewhere else. No point in spending too much money for it to negatively impact me right!
    The point made, and that still remains, is if you're purchasing something you know you can't use, that's on your choices and not the game.
    Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Only if you promise to never spend a dime ever again. Taking credit for someone taking a break from spending for a couple weeks just to try to score imaginary forum points is not really something I want to have on my resume.
    edited July 2023
    DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Only if you promise to never spend a dime ever again. Taking credit for someone taking a break from spending for a couple weeks just to try to score imaginary forum points is not really something I want to have on my resume.
    I promise. Sounds like you are making personal attacks which is against the community TOS.....weird how you always get away with violations. 😀

Please read the forum rules and adhere to them.
    Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

I promise. Sounds like you are making personal attacks which is against the community TOS.....weird how you always get away with violations. 😀

There is in fact a rule against making personal attacks. However, I have done no such thing. I have responded to your posts in kind, which you have decided to interpret as a personal attack. I am not required to honor such interpretations.

My conduct on the forums is publicly accessible for anyone to review. I would challenge anyone to try to make your accusation that I am repeatedly getting away with forum violations stick. I am in fact held to a higher standard than the average poster, not lower. I've gotten warnings in the past you wouldn't. However, I am not required to be a punching bag, nor would I continue to be a forum guardian if that was a requirement. If this is what counts as a personal attack to you, perhaps you shouldn't engage in similar posts as a signal of that interpretation.
    edited July 2023
    DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

There is in fact a rule against making personal attacks. However, I have done no such thing. I have responded to your posts in kind, which you have decided to interpret as a personal attack. I am not required to honor such interpretations.

My conduct on the forums is publicly accessible for anyone to review. I would challenge anyone to try to make your accusation that I am repeatedly getting away with forum violations stick. I am in fact held to a higher standard than the average poster, not lower. I've gotten warnings in the past you wouldn't. However, I am not required to be a punching bag, nor would I continue to be a forum guardian if that was a requirement. If this is what counts as a personal attack to you, perhaps you shouldn't engage in similar posts as a signal of that interpretation.
    Personal attacks are against the TOS. Please read the rules before posting.

Forum Guardians have to follow the same rules.
    So, I’m ok with the expiring high end items being sellable.

But I kind of came in here to want to sell old stuff because I like to keep things clean.
  • Danemo666Danemo666 Member Posts: 166 ★★
    Totally agree with being able to sell some items we currently can't due to being 'too high value'
    High value really depends on where you are progressing wise I suppose. So it's relative to prehaps where you are or how knowledgeable you are about resources etc.

So maybe it could be locked to progression as to what you're allowed to sell.
    Or even a permanent trade in store could be useful. Like the trade stores we've had for a limited time in the past. I would just love to clear out a bunch of T4cc crystals or be able to do something with the expiring ones.
    I'd be happy with a regular limited time trade store from time to time to have a tidy up.
    I think this came from people “accidentally” selling and flooding the ticket queue with restore requests.

More lazy.
    Just let people sell whatever and personally responsibility comes into play.
    It’s actually super helpful that they broke them down so “other” is its own category/tab.