**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

“The victory track will be shorter in season 11 so we’re lengthening it now for season 10”

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
Alrighty then.

Comments

• Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

They have to introduce the new VT layout in season ten because your seeding in season eleven will be based on your finish in season ten. So the season ten VT tracks must be identical to the VT tracks in season eleven. Otherwise when you fall six tracks in season eleven you'll be lower than you would have otherwise been.

Yes, someone will say there are ways to compensate for that, but none that are actually congruent. The tracks have different trophy requirements and relative difficulty, so you can't just say if you place here in S10 you would have placed there in S11 so we'll adjust you down to over here instead. And even if you were willing to buy all of that, this would mean the placement code would have to change between S11 and S12, adding an additional complication to the system.

S10 is longer because the new system requires more tracks. S11 will have seeding, so that most players will not have to traverse all of the tracks anyway. It is actually simple and logical.

If we hit Vibranium 3 does that mean we are in GC?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    You had me getting hope for a moment that I had read it wrong.

Its not season 10 only, its from here on out it seems
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Ok so they say seeding will be introduced in Season 10 .. does that mean in Season 10, we'll be seeded for the first time?

Or is it just the framework for it will be put into the system and Season 10 will be the same run of the mill except with the new tiers?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    BigBlueOx said:

You know I was excited for seeding but not so much now… adding more 3 more tiers to have grind through at the top only marginally makes this an improvement for GC players.

Up to now it took grinding through fifteen tracks to reach GC. In S11 anyone who reaches GC will start at Platinum 1, which means they will have seven tracks to promote through to reach GC.

Granted, those tracks will be harder to progress through (given the lower tracks are shorter and have the two for one medal bonus) so that's a potential concern. I haven't done the math fully on that one yet. Given the combined changes of seeding and track layout, it might take some actual experience to see how the two combine in terms of progress difficulty, numbers aside.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Deacon said:

Ok so they say seeding will be introduced in Season 10 .. does that mean in Season 10, we'll be seeded for the first time?

Or is it just the framework for it will be put into the system and Season 10 will be the same run of the mill except with the new tiers?

Seeding is being introduced in Season 10 in the sense that the idea of seeding is your starting place in the next season is determined by your finish in the current season. As we have never had seeding in the past, season ten will be the first season that "counts." So everyone starts in Bronze in S10 because no one has finished higher in a seeded season yet. Our finish in S10 will determine our start in S11, so it will actually be S11 that we first "see" seeding take place.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

You know I was excited for seeding but not so much now… adding more 3 more tiers to have grind through at the top only marginally makes this an improvement for GC players.

Up to now it took grinding through fifteen tracks to reach GC. In S11 anyone who reaches GC will start at Platinum 1, which means they will have seven tracks to promote through to reach GC.

Granted, those tracks will be harder to progress through (given the lower tracks are shorter and have the two for one medal bonus) so that's a potential concern. I haven't done the math fully on that one yet. Given the combined changes of seeding and track layout, it might take some actual experience to see how the two combine in terms of progress difficulty, numbers aside.
    I agree with all the above, I’m just not really seeing it as an improvement as my rapid gut reaction is it seems like the number of raw matches to advance to GC is gonna end up being pretty similar to how it is now for plat 1 players.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Changes look good.
  • Options
    Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    edited August 2023
    Yeah, I also don’t want seeding. I didn’t like the seeding idea when they introduced it a few months ago. I’m content with slowly moving up by doing a few matches every 48 hours. I may have to more matches for 48 hour objectives now. I will see.
  • Options
    ISO17ISO17 Posts: 83 ★★
    They’re essentially starting us in gold 1 in the current victory track. Kinda dumb if you ask me. Yeah we start in plat but the add 3 extra tiers. Idk seems too low to me
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★
    They should have added the extra tiers below plat 1 or allow us to get two medals per win above plat 1 to offset the new grind in the higher tiers
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    The grind continues...
  • Options
    gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Klipp said:

So the result of seeding will effect solo/alliance points you put up with marks and energy and I'm not a fan of it. This means those that make gc every season will now have to play gc even more. I for one have made gc every season except 1. I build up by 300k points through victory track and then relax in gc and play on the 48 hour challenge reset. With this change I will no longer be able to do that. That means more than likely I will have to play gc more than my usual amount which I'm not excited about. This seems more of a win for Kabam than the playerbase.

This is also how I am seeing it at first. And this must be why they are adding more tracks to go through above platinum as per DNA. I don't know if it fully solves that problem and it still gives lower seeded players more tracks to go through where they can get more points from.

Maybe they should add something like additional points to the solo and/or alliance points you put up if you crossover to the next track starting from platinum (the starting point of the GC seeded players) in VT? It can possibly be implemented by increasing the points you get in each match the higher your track. Something to motivate even lower seeded players to go up higher than their previous track.

Somehow I am trying to put in a system that lower seeded players are motivated to go up the tracks but higher seeded players can still put up the same points with those that go through more tracks in VT.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

Worst thing is that the 2x medals per win is pretty much useless now since we won't even benefit from it anymore. Starting in plat 1 will only award 1 per victory, or something like that

That doesn't happen until Diamond, but the 3 new Tracks will be 1 Token per Win either way.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    I'm torn on this. This means there is going to be a bit of insanity at the start of the Season, considering we're all going to be in Plat. On one hand, it's closer to the GC. On the other, it's going to be a nightmare to get there.
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 216 ★★★
    Will see how it plays out but removing having to do 12 tracks which aren't that bad with the 2 tokens for win, only lose 1 for loss, with 3 new tracks that don't have this benefit, and will have higher opponent quality, doesn't seem that good a trade.

Feels like overall this is going to make it slower not faster to progress, especially if eventually lower accounts get weeded out.

I feel the last couple of seasons with the matchmaking and trophy changes had been enough, this feels like will just make it more of a slog agIn
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    VT is always smooth.
    More ranks = more tokens + rewards.
    Don't mind a bit.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,551 ★★★★★
    Given that the extra tiers are in diamond and vibranium I'm expecting it to make next to no difference in terms of time investment to get from Plat 1 to GC as it was to get from bronze 3 to GC (pre seeding). They should award the 2 medals up to diamond 2. Diamond 2 onwards be 1 medal.
  • Options
    FrankWhiteFrankWhite Posts: 178 ★★
    I hope Vibranium 3 and 2 doesn’t need 5 wins in a row with 1 medal per win. This would be meh compared to the old system. There aren’t even Elder Marks in the new Vibranium tiers