**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

“The victory track will be shorter in season 11 so we’re lengthening it now for season 10”

2»

Comments

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★

I hope Vibranium 3 and 2 doesn’t need 5 wins in a row with 1 medal per win. This would be meh compared to the old system. There aren’t even Elder Marks in the new Vibranium tiers

It's bound to be. Or at least be 4 medals
  • Options
    I wonder why they haven't put in any elder marks for them tiers though, seem rather strange that they haven't. Hopefully it's just an error in the details they gave us, bit of a joke that they throw in the extra tiers and don't carry on the 200 elder marks
  • Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 574 ★★
    Are they not going to update the Solo Milestone rewards now that seeding system in place? Gonna be much harder now to reach 300k as would get to GC so much faster. Only 200 extra Elders Marks even though 3 extra tiers? I used to use Elder Marks all way through VT and then energy in GC. That would get 300k pretty much every time.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

I wonder why they haven't put in any elder marks for them tiers though, seem rather strange that they haven't. Hopefully it's just an error in the details they gave us, bit of a joke that they throw in the extra tiers and don't carry on the 200 elder marks

Unitman calleth. You want to hit milestones while you grind through extra vibranium ranks? Let me point you to where you can acquire some units for cash….

In all seriousness, adding all these ranks at the end just nerfs the positive addition of 2 medals per win, 1 for a loss because it all disappears up there.
    Yes. Just like the added milestones for season 9 were negated by the extra off-season week before season 10. Every addition, bonus, etc always feels like it has another factor attached to it so it doesn’t really pay off.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 778 ★★★★
    I think it will be very difficult for people who don't usually make it to GC. Probably won't matter for stronger accounts but accounts that usually scraped into GC at the end of the season will have a harder time.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Mackey said:

Unitman calleth. You want to hit milestones while you grind through extra vibranium ranks? Let me point you to where you can acquire some units for cash….

In all seriousness, adding all these ranks at the end just nerfs the positive addition of 2 medals per win, 1 for a loss because it all disappears up there.
    Yes. Just like the added milestones for season 9 were negated by the extra off-season week before season 10. Every addition, bonus, etc always feels like it has another factor attached to it so it doesn’t really pay off.
    Agreed
    The 1:1 ratio + only matching with GC players in those tiers really feels like it's screaming "BUY ODINS TO PROGRESS"
    Really kills the motivation for anyone who isn't whale or Odin buyer to work their way up to GC, Nah it kills your motivation to even make it to Vibranium since you will just be stuck there for a long time or for the whole season unless you use shield on every match.
    Last but not the least, people like me will just do the work till they advance easily and will call it a day for BGs as soon as they hit a rock wall in VT and then do the 48 hrs objectives worth of matches only. Which means that more players will start season 12 at bronze 1 and then have an easy time getting all the milestones in solo events compared to the ones who will end up in GC in Season 11 and this cycle will continue until only a few players advance to GC which will lead to the Dev team wondering why are some paragons still ending up in bronze and stomping the lower level players...
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Hehe I bet the data said too many people climbed to different tiers they shouldn't have...
    They got farmed like corn on the last season and made the data they were collecting all messy 🤣
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 811 ★★★★

I think it will be very difficult for people who don't usually make it to GC. Probably won't matter for stronger accounts but accounts that usually scraped into GC at the end of the season will have a harder time.

Yep. And that’s me. I gave up on battlegrounds until the medal system was fixed so advancement to GC felt possible (and it was) - now I foresee being perpetually stuck somewhere in vibranium levels unable to string together enough wins again.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,071 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Deacon said:

Ok so they say seeding will be introduced in Season 10 .. does that mean in Season 10, we'll be seeded for the first time?

Or is it just the framework for it will be put into the system and Season 10 will be the same run of the mill except with the new tiers?

Seeding is being introduced in Season 10 in the sense that the idea of seeding is your starting place in the next season is determined by your finish in the current season. As we have never had seeding in the past, season ten will be the first season that "counts." So everyone starts in Bronze in S10 because no one has finished higher in a seeded season yet. Our finish in S10 will determine our start in S11, so it will actually be S11 that we first "see" seeding take place.
    thanks mate!
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,217 ★★★★
    So if any uncollected, Cavalier and TB players do make it to GC, the next season they would start out in the same place as the whales. Thus resulting in more complaints of them not having a chance to win against the big accounts. Seeding could ruin matchmaking more than help it. I could be wrong, but I see more complaints coming from the lower accounts that makes to it to GC in any seaon.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,728 Guardian
    Mackey said:

Given that the extra tiers are in diamond and vibranium I'm expecting it to make next to no difference in terms of time investment to get from Plat 1 to GC as it was to get from bronze 3 to GC (pre seeding). They should award the 2 medals up to diamond 2. Diamond 2 onwards be 1 medal.

That's actually the point, though (at least that's the logical intent). The point to seeding is not to make it easier for players to reach GC. It is actually intended to separate the stronger players from the weaker players so that strong players do not have to crush weaker ones to climb out of the low VT tiers. If it ends up being a wash, that's actually what it is supposed to do.

If you were getting into GC up to now, the intent is for your climb to GC to be no worse but not really any easier than before. If it is the same, that's a bullseye. My only concern is that it isn't significantly harder, which would probably not be intentional.

Also, if the time investment ends up being a wash, that's a net overall reward gain for GC players, because they will get all of the rewards from the original VT tracks, plus an additional 14600 tokens and various relic shards from the additional three tracks.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,728 Guardian

So if any uncollected, Cavalier and TB players do make it to GC, the next season they would start out in the same place as the whales. Thus resulting in more complaints of them not having a chance to win against the big accounts. Seeding could ruin matchmaking more than help it. I could be wrong, but I see more complaints coming from the lower accounts that makes to it to GC in any seaon.

If they reach GC in S10 and are seeded in S11 and then find they cannot win, they won't be seeded in P1 in S12. Presumably they should "average out" and get seeded at the appropriate place for them. This could take multiple seasons to shake out, however.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,154 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Mackey said:

Given that the extra tiers are in diamond and vibranium I'm expecting it to make next to no difference in terms of time investment to get from Plat 1 to GC as it was to get from bronze 3 to GC (pre seeding). They should award the 2 medals up to diamond 2. Diamond 2 onwards be 1 medal.

That's actually the point, though (at least that's the logical intent). The point to seeding is not to make it easier for players to reach GC. It is actually intended to separate the stronger players from the weaker players so that strong players do not have to crush weaker ones to climb out of the low VT tiers. If it ends up being a wash, that's actually what it is supposed to do.

If you were getting into GC up to now, the intent is for your climb to GC to be no worse but not really any easier than before. If it is the same, that's a bullseye. My only concern is that it isn't significantly harder, which would probably not be intentional.

Also, if the time investment ends up being a wash, that's a net overall reward gain for GC players, because they will get all of the rewards from the original VT tracks, plus an additional 14600 tokens and various relic shards from the additional three tracks.
    My main 2 gripes with how they presented it is
    1: We don't get 2 medals per win. The tiers above plat 1 require 5 medals to progress and now with their being more added there is a lot more room for people to not make any progress as well as have a problem with people point farming.
    2: They neglected to add elders marks in the tier rewards which just seems odd. It would be nice to have extra marks to mess with at least for the first time this goes live.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,851 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

So the result of seeding will effect solo/alliance points you put up with marks and energy and I'm not a fan of it. This means those that make gc every season will now have to play gc even more. I for one have made gc every season except 1. I build up by 300k points through victory track and then relax in gc and play on the 48 hour challenge reset. With this change I will no longer be able to do that. That means more than likely I will have to play gc more than my usual amount which I'm not excited about. This seems more of a win for Kabam than the playerbase.

This sums it up well. Grinding for the solo/alliance events is pretty much unrealistic now.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 445 ★★★
    I like that we are going to get about 15k additional tokens and some relic shards with the new tiers, but really dislike that it will be quite the chore having to go through 15 consecutive medals in vibranium. They should consider increasing the 2 medals per win system all the way through vibranium 3 at least.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    Yeah, encouraging Tanking even more is one of my concerns, but my larger concern is how much of a slog Plat-GC is going to be.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    if you wanna push but account is small it will be tough.
    it always will be.
    if you wanna push but skill is small it will be tough.
    it always will be.

if you wanna play easy casual for fun then seeding helps with that.

but gotta remember it is a competitive mode.
    so if you wanna push it will be tough.
    it always will be.
    it doesn't matter what they do it will be tough trying to push. as you will literally be looking to push to your upper limits.
    if you want an easy time you gotta take it slow and not push.
    its a competitive mode. designed to get tough as you go up.

maybe there are some things they can do to adjust seeding to spread out the GC.
    so peeps in uru start in gold
    peeps in gamma start in plat
    peeps in arcane start in diamond
    peeps higher than arcane start in vibranium.

but regardless what they do it will only be easier for a little while and then it will get tough for you.
    that is just design of competitive mode.

but look at it this way.
    if you start in plat you might get tough matches at the start but 2 points.
    firstly,
    you will get all the lower rewards for no effort. just based on what you did last season. so there is that.
    secondly after a few days/a week the opponents who were tough for you will have moved up making your life easier to maybe make a last week season push.
    and repeat.

if you could push to GC in the first week it would only be a tough second week when you get there anyway so same same.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,071 ★★★★★
    Squammo said:

I like that we are going to get about 15k additional tokens and some relic shards with the new tiers, but really dislike that it will be quite the chore having to go through 15 consecutive medals in vibranium. They should consider increasing the 2 medals per win system all the way through vibranium 3 at least.

wait wait wait wait .. how do we know this? so from Diamond to GC we're talking about going from 17 wins now to 31 wins? 4 wins in each tier for 4 tiers of Diamond and 5 wins in each tier for 3 tiers of Vibranium?

geez .. are we certain all Vibranium tiers will be 5 wins??
  • Options
    Why is everyone circling around the whole tanking/farming points thing? That was only a real issue last season, let's not forget that last season had an extra 100k points in the solo event for them additional rewards which is why people farmed/tanked like they did, to get them extra rewards for no extra effort. This season 10 onwards has not got them additional rewards or additional milestone
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Why is everyone circling around the whole tanking/farming points thing? That was only a real issue last season, let's not forget that last season had an extra 100k points in the solo event for them additional rewards which is why people farmed/tanked like they did, to get them extra rewards for no extra effort. This season 10 onwards has not got them additional rewards or additional milestone

You think that's going to stop people from doing it?
  • Options

Mackey said:

And you think that, based on 1 season out of 9, the farming tabking will continue the same as that 1 season?
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

“Do you think the lack of meaningful rewards for their behavior will stop people from wasting a ton of time and in-game resources?”

Umm, yes. Duh.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    TyEdge said:

Mackey said:

“Do you think the lack of meaningful rewards for their behavior will stop people from wasting a ton of time and in-game resources?”

Umm, yes. Duh.
    I'm not saying the tanking won't be there, I'm saying that I highly doubt it'll be the same as last season as it wasn't that bad in the 8 seasons prior to it.

Aside from that, it doesn't really matter if they do or don't, people are getting free wins ... or is that where everyone's issue lies?

Also, if they're pushing GC (which is the general idea of the mode) and racking up points in the event as a side effect (ie the solo event etc not being the primary focus) then how are they going to get in there quicker by tanking? They won't, it'll take longer. Add in these extra tiers too
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    As long as they dont give UC and Cavs a free pass to Plat+ then it's better.
  • Options

As long as they dont give UC and Cavs a free pass to Plat+ then it's better.

I might be way off the mark here but my understanding from the post is that from season 11 matchmaking is open season from bronze but with the GC lot being seeded to start from plat? 🤔