I play alliance war and this change has caused inconveniences
    I think officers or leader should be allowed to remove players from a BG
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Dab_west said:

Dab_west said:

Disagree.
    You don't have to wait for war assignments to do aq. Just pick 1)alternative champs 2) wait until the aq day ends if those champs are needed for war.

There are 2 full days here. Even if day1 is required for initial planning, the time needed to move is very less.

This change overall is awesome, the only issue is the mastery swap time, which I agree isn't great. Otherwise it has been a positive change for my alliance planners in general so far.

Ofc ssx player doesn’t need herc in aq or aw
    ahh TCN folks? you play your account? And yes i use herc, but I dont NEED herc.
    yeah i play my account better than u.
    u probably cant even hit c6
    Oh fun peacocking…

But I can’t agree this is a positive change. It’s different not better and it was implemented without key features for no discernible reason. Mastery builds and defensive lock timers really woulda helped. It’s way more maintenance to keep track of than the old system.
  • Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Member Posts: 89 ★★
    I run an alliance with 2 BGs. The past 2 wars it has cancelled our enlistment, removed people from the 2 BGs we do run and added 3 people into the 3rd BG we don’t run. The changes have been horrible and unnecessary. 2 wars missed because Kabam don’t know what they’re doing.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    I play alliance war and this change helps me in war
    I can see the OP's points & concerns and possible solutions for them - all valid.

I'm a Tier 1 Masters player and F2P so here is my perspective and take it for what's it worth - maybe not worth more than 2 cents to most.

I rarely change masteries so while I don't have much concern about this area the current system is not good. Mastery Presets exist for BGs... Please allow access to Mastery Presets for all game modes: AQ, AW, Arena, Incursions, Questing. I personally feel like Kabam is dragging their feet with such things because they have yet to figure out the best way to monetize them as they mentioned Mastery Presets development back on Feb 19, 2020 w/ Dorky Diggity Dave interview:

https://youtu.be/MIWNYfI6eos?t=976
    Yeah - that was 3.5 years ago... 😳

Even as a F2P guy, give us the option to have a 1k unit saved mastery setup for any game mode we desire. 3k for the 2nd. I personally save units for the extra BG deck. Not cheap by any means but I've made it worth the investment. I would like additional flexibility to adjust masteries that I have already used units on.

Mastery presets for AW placement + flexibility for officers to move around defenses (even across BGs) would be great. Screen that shows diversity counts (w/ duplicates expressly marked) and maybe like class counts (like they have for BG decks), etc would be nice for officers/planners. Ability for the map planners to have the ability to mark a node for a specific champion to be placed could be nice as well (get rid of the external communication necessary to figure out the placement). Give a bigger window for AW defender adjustments (once war has started, let next war defense be up for adjustment).

I don't think there needs to be an adjustment to the AQ/AW lock. Herc isn't banned this season so everyone wants to use him in both AQ and AW - sure I get it but 🥴... Plenty of champs to use for AQ - sure Herc is super fast and easy but I feel like Lock can make AW a bit more interesting w/ the planning & execution. Learn and get used to more champs in AQ - it's forgiving environment and lots of cool / fun champs.

I haven't paid much attention to when we get to see the match making results but agree that once a match is made, just let'r rip and go. Higher Tiers get matched first and I think that is a solid benefit to get a few extra hours of access for being in the upper tiers. We are getting about 44 hours right now which is awesome but and extra 3 - 3:45 added to that just gives more flexibility and would be great.

Many talking about how much more of a hassle it is to get war done and people in the BGs are lazy, slow, stealing fights, etc... As a former leader and officer - I total get it but at the end of the day I think people just need to step back and realize that the people do have real life responsibilities that take precedent over the game. But for the OCD'rs that must complete their assignment and see the map done with a few hours - there are other options. I think it would be great if Kabam would simply restructure the map more like with what they have done with AQ. Just update the map to allows access to all paths to finish without road blocking mini bosses. If you don't get assigned a mini boss, simply walk around it and complete your path/assignment (up to the boss - no walking around boss).

Just a little snippet from me in my BG chat about current war attack phase, getting a plan the next day/morning and teammates trying to prod others to get moving 'now & fast':
    />

All the changes Kabam has made may not be ideal but concept of what they are trying to do are in the right direction. Just how many more cycles, iterations, and bugs we need to experience until we get a more polished and more simplified AW product... who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • ZacTheSwordZacTheSword Member Posts: 63 ★★
    I am a war planner and i dislike this change

I can see the OP's points & concerns and possible solutions for them - all valid.

I'm a Tier 1 Masters player and F2P so here is my perspective and take it for what's it worth - maybe not worth more than 2 cents to most.

Many talking about how much more of a hassle it is to get war done and people in the BGs are lazy, slow, stealing fights, etc... As a former leader and officer - I total get it but at the end of the day I think people just need to step back and realize that the people do have real life responsibilities that take precedent over the game. But for the OCD'rs that must complete their assignment and see the map done with a few hours - there are other options. I think it would be great if Kabam would simply restructure the map more like with what they have done with AQ. Just update the map to allows access to all paths to finish without road blocking mini bosses. If you don't get assigned a mini boss, simply walk around it and complete your path/assignment (up to the boss - no walking around boss).

All the changes Kabam has made may not be ideal but concept of what they are trying to do are in the right direction. Just how many more cycles, iterations, and bugs we need to experience until we get a more polished and more simplified AW product... who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Making money from mastery changes would make a lot of sense, though im sure theres an easy way to work around that such as buying the mastery preset like battlegrounds, if thats really their intention they could charge a fixed amount per season. Another would be just keeping boosts as it is, which is super expensive right now because of the **** movement

Regarding how people being slow and costing movement, In 3 wars we have seen 2 upsets from top alliances, 1 from gt with a stolen fight due to another member sleeping cause of war start change and boosts expiring, and JA's boss killer awol because he wasnt available on the second day and resulted in 40 deaths fed to gorr.
    Something has to change else its going to look pretty dumb when an alliance loses war champion because of this, its going to be infuriating
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★

Regarding how people being slow and costing movement, In 3 wars we have seen 2 upsets from top alliances, 1 from gt with a stolen fight due to another member sleeping cause of war start change and boosts expiring, and JA's boss killer awol because he wasnt available on the second day and resulted in 40 deaths fed to gorr.
    Something has to change else its going to look pretty dumb when an alliance loses war champion because of this, its going to be infuriating

I don't know... This just sounds like very bad or the lack of any communication with the players that you will need to interact with in your sections. We are in Tier 1 and frequently have times where we move very slow. Yet the guys follow the plans and everyone give heads up/notice if there is going to be lack of availability. Our 2nd war, weekends are always terrible, we finished in the last hour or so but everyone executed the plan and showed up exactly when they said they would be able to. Personally, I don't enjoy playing with others that don't respect the time of the officers or others real life commitments to just ignore talking about it beforehand... not hard to do at all. Just talk and then boosts aren't wasted and fights 'stolen'. If the boosts and 'War Champion' are so precious, communication ahead of time will often avoid such shenanigans. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 550 ★★★★
    I am a war planner and i enjoy this change
    Extending the war attacking phase makes cheating even easier, some alliances have sufficient time to pilot multiple accounts.
  • Alfredmcoc24Alfredmcoc24 Member Posts: 1
    Please fix masteries soon
    Kabam dev placed suicides in war, yikes

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,113 ★★★★★
    People are so keen on rushing. Consider what happens when you finish the first 24 hours of war, still have 24 hours left of nothingness to do. If people are slower to respond, good for them. They are taking advantage of the time given to them. Of course if they dont respond at all that is an entirely different issue. Persistent defense you dont have to worry about anyone missing placements, or having whoever does the placements invest a lot of time doing them. Its a very considerate change by kabam, and thats not something i say very often.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,113 ★★★★★
    Also keep in mind, this change happened just recently. BGs is the best event ever but it also had a rocky start. Gotta take a step back to go 2 steps forward sometimes. Ik a lot of people who got burnt out because of the old system.

Also keep in mind, this change happened just recently. BGs is the best event ever but it also had a rocky start. Gotta take a step back to go 2 steps forward sometimes. Ik a lot of people who got burnt out because of the old system.

I kind of agreed with you before, but just now i found out the player count from bgs dropped from 20k players to 3k by week 3 in gladiator circuit this season, which means the problems and issues with bgs is causing burn out in battlegrounds too..

both systems are pretty bad right now and in need of fixing, but at least kabam is adjusting the seeding systems for bgs
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 366 ★★★
    I know I've been hammering this and had people offer guidance, but we keep getting pitted against alliances with three battlegroups when we're running two battlegroups. We've tried changing at the selector and saving and I've had it tell me that we're now running two battlegroups moving forward in on season and off season only for the next war to roll around and still have three groups. It's getting very, very frustrating. This didn't happen ahead of the persistent placement, and it's a constant issue now. As an alliance leader and participant it's frustrating to watch this and see alliances killing us in war due to this.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,953 Guardian

This was a mess up.
    and there is no doubt the mastery issues are a big problem, the team knows this.
  • QuietusDKQuietusDK Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2023

QuietusDK said:

Alliance leader of P2 war focused alliance here.

I largely approve of this post.

One thing is that we've had two months since last season ended, so the rust is real.

Secondarily, the placement across current tier and -1/+1 tier was a nightmare, with multiple seeming resets of placement, forcing us to have our members repeatedly place defenders across multiple maps.

In fairness, I appreciate the thought behind persistent placement, but as mentioned above, this has been replaced by chasing members to sort masteries.

The added attack time phase was something I particularly looked forward to, but have been sorely disappointed by. War start now means our war planners have gone to bed by the time war goes live, so unless entrepreneural players take on themselves to assign paths and teams, we basically lose the initial first 6 hours of the war, on top of having to plan during morning for us instead of evening. This then means that by the time were done planning, our US players have gone to bed, so another 6-7 hours wait timer for them. That's 14 hours of the war gone already.

The added attack phase _should_ have minimized stress and allowed for one person potentially to oversee multiple BGs, but in practice I see my officers having to chase down members to respond. Might be rust might be because "hey, we have nearly 2 days, what's the rush?"

Finally, we got hosed prior to season start by one war that accidentally had rating change enabled. We lost the war, meaning we dropped to T3. Despite having a week to fix this, it wasn't, so we had to begin the season with T3 multiplier, hurting our chances for P1 placement.

So far, I have been anything but happy about the implementation.

If you finished 1 loss away from t3 you might be better off worrying about making platinum 3 than p1.
    How cute.

No, I don't think I need to, given the fact we've finished plat2/tier 2 for 7 seasons straight prior to this season.

But thanks for participating.

Do you have any input to add to the thread of your own, by the way?

Like how the war changes affects your alliance, or anything?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★★

This was a mess up.
    and there is no doubt the mastery issues are a big problem, the team knows this.
    What I can’t understand… is that if they knew it was a problem… why launch it?
  • UltraForce_TeamUltraForce_Team Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2023
    garbage! it takes 12 hour maximum to clear the game, if you're busy don't sign up for it.
    in the past i had to wait for people to come in and complete their task.
    if you start the game at 6pm and use all your energy you can come back by 10 pm to 10:30pm to use your remaining energy and then go to sleep and complete the remaining 4 hours before the 24 hour is up with 4 to 7 people; but now
    we have to wait an additional 24 hrs for these procrastinators to come play, i don't like having my time wasted and hold up by someone else , it takes the fun out of playing, ,also to add insult to injury kabam want to lock up your champions for a minimum of 12 hrs, everyone in my alliance know each other and have agree to maximized our time as outline, we also made it mandatory for only officer to play, member without a 5 star can't play because kabam will match you with a weak team that have 6 and 7 stars, it one reason my alliance stop playing this game for 344 days we came back to check the new rules and look like we taking a break from this.
    seriously, who play a game by completing small task.
    but yeah if you have member that want to advance they cooperate with you smoothly vs having to work with strangers.
    how to fix this
    1. give the player the ability to plan the day before the first game start, they can change it before the next game start,
    why lock the player with 2 stupid phase that need to take place together
    2. do away with the 48 hrs go back to 24hours ( kabam should not enable or concern themselves procrastinators and people not having time to play) the problem is that you're using california , try using eastern time for all your planing
    every is to the east of california is up and go to bed before you , i can''t do a lot of your stupid event because i am unwilling to sacrifice my health going to bed after 11pm, also i wake up early by the time kabam update their game it's like 8am california 12pm. this is like european trying to trade on the stock market and they about to goto bed by the time 4pm comes.
    under the old rules i would have won within 24hrs after completing game in under 14hrs; but now i have to wait an extra 24hrs after the other team started 21hrs, also how does this work now our alliance use 30 defense and they only use 10 defense, how you get more point if both parties complete the map