Sneaky Kabam (AI)

J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Member Posts: 297 ★★
I’m pretty sure most people have noticed the issue with the combat AI.

Originally it was enclosed to the BG AI, and most people exclusively noticed it there, however, the issue with the AI has surfaced in most other areas of the game.

I don’t know whether it was a move from Kabam to make the matches less boring and repetitive, or to give a stimulating challenge to players in each match, or…

Simply a way to make more money from purchasable revives and health potions.

The Combat AI now:

- Lands full MLLLM combos without fail
- Regularity engages in special intercepts on the player, dashing back only to immediately use a special attack
- Consistently uses the dexterity mastery
- Becomes aggressive and defensive based on where doing so would be the most harmful to the player’s situation
- Engages in light intercept behaviour on a regular basis, so much so that chasing intercepts in BG is a death sentence.

And in BG it’s even worse

- Combat AI parries incessantly, handicapping much of the player’s freedom of movement
- The AI is capable of parrying heavy attacks, special attacks, dashing in, anything
- The AI heavy intercepts

It’s just annoying at this point because it’s dead silence from the game team, and snotty players immediately flock to these posts to act chivalrous for the poor Kabam.

The AI is at 11, put it back down to 8 or 9 please

Comments

• MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Ai being able to do what players can do its pretty cool imo
  • MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Licky said:

MiniMF said:

Yeah really cool....but not for the player fighting them
    You just have to adapt and recognise patterns... AI is using parries in certain cases in BG, for example when you try to go back to your corner and the ai is following not attacking you can be 100% sure that if you try to hit him he'll parry you. THere are a lot of patterns to counter the ai behaviours including it not wanting to throw specials.

Im not saying you are skil less but your way of viewing things isn't the right one, instead of complaining, study and find solution...
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,293 ★★★★★
    Its called an ai for a reason. It adapts like any other ai. First few years it wasn't as good but now it has like 9 years worth of data and adapted a lot since then
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Someone posted some code from the AI and there were lines in there that determined based on chance if it’ll be stupid or smart, play defensive or aggressive. I’ve been heavy intercepted, light intercepted, special intercepted, especially while playing Adam Warlock like crazy. Try playing some serious content with Adam Warlock, you’ll see how bad the AI is right now…
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★
    And in bg’s especially ai was very defensive when I was still in vt facing the dreaded protection node. Would sit and wait till it had protection back to do anything but cower in a corner when it was close to an sp3.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    MiniMF said:

Ai has faster reactions nw than any player I've seen + this is not street fighter or mortal kombat where it's 2 attackers against each other, the game here is different you're attacking a defender which is totally different, let alone the difference in stats between you and the opponent
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    So what you're saying, it's acting like it should?
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★

The OP is not saying that cause there's certain things the AI is doing the they shouldn't, unless kabam specifically programmed them in order to make our lives a living hell, some examples:
    Ai becoming ultra passive when we charge cassie's heavy attack (had to stop using her in bg cause the fight was getting longer then it should)
    AI being way too passive when we're using some champions that rely on light intercepts (like abs), they always seem to wait 1sec before dashing in and not only you lose your intercept window, but you get clapped as well
    AI waiting on timers, specially when it comes to sting debuffs
    AI having some weird interactions with heavy attack, like mysterio and america chavez charging heavy attack even when you're not even blocking, and doom that starts doing random heavy attacks when you're suffering from shock
    There's probably a lot more examples that i can't remember rn but i think that's enough...as the other dude said here, this ain't street fighter or MK and yet the AI is just as difficult as the AI in these other games
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 120

Its called an ai for a reason. It adapts like any other ai. First few years it wasn't as good but now it has like 9 years worth of data and adapted a lot since then

wish AI was that advanced. All hail our AI overlords
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 582 ★★★
    I am currently making my paragon run. Both skill wise and roster wise i should have already been paragon but delayed my run for multiple reasons.

Faced Gwenmaster yesterday and going for Kang tomorrow. Against Gwenmaster, the objectives were very easy but she refused to cooperate. How do you intercept someone to pause the timer, if the opponent prefers hanging back and waiting for your dash to shallow evade. She also threw special 1s very slowly. Nothing like the videos i watched in preparation. Kabam needs to sort out these fights at least that requires opponent cooperation.

Inb4 the usual suspects show up to say the AI hasn’t changed and everyone is barking up the wrong tree.

Anddddd scene. Fin.
    In before tHe UsUal SuSpEcTs complain about something that isn't happening.

There isn't anything OP listed that can't happen. You may not like it, but it isn't something that can't happen.

You're going to get parried in BGs. It happens in AW as well. You're fighting against someones defenders with mastery's.

There are some wonky things with the A.I occasionally that I've seen but haven't been able to consistently replicate. Recovery times being one of them. But getting parried by the A.I in BGs or AW, that's just your own fault.

No, it’s not. Also slither off of my posts if you don’t have any positive contributions.
    Why do you think you shouldn't be getting parried? Why do you think you can't get intercepted with special from the A.I.

I mean, I know why You specifically think you shouldn't, your post and comment history is pretty self explanatory but why shouldn't the A.I do it?

The OP is not saying that cause there's certain things the AI is doing the they shouldn't, unless kabam specifically programmed them in order to make our lives a living hell, some examples:
    Ai becoming ultra passive when we charge cassie's heavy attack (had to stop using her in bg cause the fight was getting longer then it should)
    AI being way too passive when we're using some champions that rely on light intercepts (like abs), they always seem to wait 1sec before dashing in and not only you lose your intercept window, but you get clapped as well
    AI waiting on timers, specially when it comes to sting debuffs
    AI having some weird interactions with heavy attack, like mysterio and america chavez charging heavy attack even when you're not even blocking, and doom that starts doing random heavy attacks when you're suffering from shock
    There's probably a lot more examples that i can't remember rn but i think that's enough...as the other dude said here, this ain't street fighter or MK and yet the AI is just as difficult as the AI in these other games
    Those are great examples of some wonky interactions. None of those are anything OP listed.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    The evolution of the AI "bug" is even more clear, if you play arenas. Most of the things mentioned, are now part of the arenas fights as well, something that wasn't happening half a year ago.