Sneaky Kabam (AI)

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

I'm not going the route of implying they changed it intentionally, but I am absolutely sick of the AI in BGs.

Especially this meta. I’ve been trying to intercept more consistently, but the AI rarely goes for it. Sometimes they just stand back and hold block, and I’ve even had the AI reparry me when I try to force them back with blocked hits. Sometimes they stand back and when you dash in, they light intercept instantly. I’ve also seen the AI throw their heavies faster than any human could react to them mid combo.

Anyone saying to just adapt to the AI going crazy like this is insane. There are some predictable AI behaviors (sometimes they’ll stand there and do nothing, and if you hit them they’ll instaparry) but the rest of the AI behavior is whack
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I'm not going the route of implying they changed it intentionally, but I am absolutely sick of the AI in BGs.

Especially this meta. I’ve been trying to intercept more consistently, but the AI rarely goes for it. Sometimes they just stand back and hold block, and I’ve even had the AI reparry me when I try to force them back with blocked hits. Sometimes they stand back and when you dash in, they light intercept instantly. I’ve also seen the AI throw their heavies faster than any human could react to them mid combo.

Anyone saying to just adapt to the AI going crazy like this is insane. There are some predictable AI behaviors (sometimes they’ll stand there and do nothing, and if you hit them they’ll instaparry) but the rest of the AI behavior is whack
    Yes. Parry/Heavy is barely a thing anymore. Masteries can account for that sometimes. Not as often as I've seen. I've seen them Dex in the middle of Special contact. I've seen them do some strange things.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★

- Becomes aggressive and defensive based on where doing so would be the most harmful to the player’s situation

This is my main gripe, I can put on an infuriate and have them just back off and block over and over, I can put on an intimidate and they just start flailing angrily at the air.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Giz said:

MiniMF said:

Ai being able to do what players can do its pretty cool imo

AI should have missed inputs then too lol
    100000000% this.

Dr. Zola
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    KTPrimal said:

The AI recovers from heavy attacks and special attacks before the players animation finishes and punishes you. The AI throws special attacks while knocked down

They also fire off specials while stunned too, fun times...
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 740 ★★★★
    5 hit combos happen regularly now.
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★

So what you're saying, it's acting like it should?

The OP is not saying that cause there's certain things the AI is doing the they shouldn't, unless kabam specifically programmed them in order to make our lives a living hell, some examples:
    Ai becoming ultra passive when we charge cassie's heavy attack (had to stop using her in bg cause the fight was getting longer then it should)
    AI being way too passive when we're using some champions that rely on light intercepts (like abs), they always seem to wait 1sec before dashing in and not only you lose your intercept window, but you get clapped as well
    AI waiting on timers, specially when it comes to sting debuffs
    AI having some weird interactions with heavy attack, like mysterio and america chavez charging heavy attack even when you're not even blocking, and doom that starts doing random heavy attacks when you're suffering from shock
    There's probably a lot more examples that i can't remember rn but i think that's enough...as the other dude said here, this ain't street fighter or MK and yet the AI is just as difficult as the AI in these other games
    Those are great examples of some wonky interactions. None of those are anything OP listed.
    I know but that's the type of interactions that he meant, probably just didn't remember the details the way i did....''Becomes aggressive and defensive based on where doing so would be the most harmful to the player’s situation'' that phrase alone resumes plenty of examples that i gave
  • FantomaxopFantomaxop Member Posts: 134 ★★
    I'm absolutely sick of all light intercepts in bg's and how intimidate doesn't act like intimidate at all
    Btw we got proofs of AI being sus on camera:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB_O2v5r0ls&t=3s&ab_channel=VegaofMCoC
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★

I'm absolutely sick of all light intercepts in bg's and how intimidate doesn't act like intimidate at all
    Btw we got proofs of AI being sus on camera:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB_O2v5r0ls&t=3s&ab_channel=VegaofMCoC

That's something I've seen all over. It's unpredictable to the point of infuriation. It will knee-jerk respond how ever it wants, or wait for minutes at a time until that one opening you leave and then Intercept you. It's an absolute nightmare. In BGs, it's worse than I've ever seen it. That's the real opponent for me, not the Matches.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

So Mike lied when he said AI can't learn?
  • MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Licky said:

MiniMF said:

Licky said:

MiniMF said:

Ai being able to do what players can do its pretty cool imo

Yeah really cool....but not for the player fighting them
    You just have to adapt and recognise patterns... AI is using parries in certain cases in BG, for example when you try to go back to your corner and the ai is following not attacking you can be 100% sure that if you try to hit him he'll parry you. THere are a lot of patterns to counter the ai behaviours including it not wanting to throw specials.

Im not saying you are skil less but your way of viewing things isn't the right one, instead of complaining, study and find solution...
    Bro I'm almost certain I'm more skilled than you and also players much more skilled than me are struggling with the ai
    ???? lmfao, you are crying over ai thinking you're better than me without even knowing my roster depth and experience in the game so far, keep crying and stay in VT
  • ExergisExergis Member Posts: 39
    Intimidate and Infuriate effects not working properly is another annoying thing about the AI.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Member Posts: 618 ★★★
    Anyone got any video evidence that aren't user-error? Always curious what people are experiencing here.

If you're getting parried and light intercepted (outside of hitting block with double medium champs, and resist) then you're doing something wrong.

Reaction time is the only thing I can agree with, recovering from knock-downs seems impossibly fast sometimes.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

Anyone got any video evidence that aren't user-error? Always curious what people are experiencing here.

If you're getting parried and light intercepted (outside of hitting block with double medium champs, and resist) then you're doing something wrong.

Reaction time is the only thing I can agree with, recovering from knock-downs seems impossibly fast sometimes.

You dash right to intercept from a distance and you get hit by the opponent s light intercept, what "wrong you are doing"?
    Searmenis said:

Sean_Who said:

You dash right to intercept from a distance and you get hit by the opponent s light intercept, what "wrong you are doing"?
    Show

Searmenis said:

Sean_Who said:

Show
    Try and do it yourself, I m not uploading a gaming video to my professional youtube account just for this.
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Sean_Who said:

Show
    Try and do it yourself, I m not uploading a gaming video to my professional youtube account just for this.
    Upload it somewhere else. Or an alt account. Or just upload a gif here
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 876 ★★★★

Inb4 the usual suspects show up to say the AI hasn’t changed and everyone is barking up the wrong tree.

Anddddd scene. Fin.
    In before tHe UsUal SuSpEcTs complain about something that isn't happening.

There isn't anything OP listed that can't happen. You may not like it, but it isn't something that can't happen.

You're going to get parried in BGs. It happens in AW as well. You're fighting against someones defenders with mastery's.

There are some wonky things with the A.I occasionally that I've seen but haven't been able to consistently replicate. Recovery times being one of them. But getting parried by the A.I in BGs or AW, that's just your own fault.
    That’s simply not true. If I’m a bit slow punishing an opening, no complaints being parried.

When the ai is being passive, not attacking but walking you down. There is no real alternative to waiting until they are holding a solid block then going for some block hits to manage space.
    Ai sometimes parries you when they are solidly holding block. Very annoying when it happens.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Member Posts: 618 ★★★
    Searmenis said:

Sean_Who said:

You should wait until they dash at you to initiate an intercept.. dashing at an idling defender leaves you open to be intercepted.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    The crit me meta in GC is so bad just because when I try intercepting against maw or domino they rather intercept us and deal big damage via their crits
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

5 hit combos happen regularly now.

Well I got hit by a 10 hit combo in BGs(no it wasn't quicksilver) It was 10 hits back to back followed by special

I might not be the best player but that's definitely not a coincidence, there was no recovery time after the second medium
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Sean_Who said:

Show
    Again, this is common AI behaviour, try it yourself. Or search for a video online, I m not going in all this trouble to prove to one stranger something already proven a million times.
    If I knew what you are talking about, I wouldn't ask for a video. And since I didn't know what it is you're describing, I can't identify it in a video without knowing . Sorry for asking

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Sean_Who said:

Show
    Again, this is common AI behaviour, try it yourself. Or search for a video online, I m not going in all this trouble to prove to one stranger something already proven a million times.
    If I knew what you are talking about, I wouldn't ask for a video. And since I didn't know what it is you're describing, I can't identify it in a video without knowing . Sorry for asking
    Yeah sure, I believe you.

And no, I m not "intercepting" when the opponent stands still, idle, that s not "intercepting".
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Sean_Who said:

Show
    You dash to intercept the AI stops and intercepts you with a light. (Yes you can light intercept and stuff but it still shouldnt be happening)

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Sean_Who said:

Show
    You dash to intercept the AI stops and intercepts you with a light. (Yes you can light intercept and stuff but it still shouldnt be happening)
    So many details missing