**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Battlegrounds matchmaking is broken!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 816 ★★★

obsidiman said:

Logan00 said:

How is this possible? That's a rank4 Sig 200 herc btw, make me loose faith in the game really

Disclaimer... not a champion expert. Opinion... not fact.

Herc's sig ability just means his immortality and unblockable are lengthened after initial knockout. I'm assuming you opponent got a nice big SP2 and applied big shocks with Nimrod and was able to wait out the immortality.

I don't see anything that would indicate cheating.
    Looks more like an Sp3 kill
    I suppose Nimrod could have built to an SP3 and dropped enough of Herc's health to k.o. him in 90 seconds. The SP3 would negate the immortality.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 816 ★★★

I like the "if I can't do something than no one else could possibly do it" mentality many have here.

I don't believe Logan was implying that. I think he was looking for an explanation. I didn't read his post as a complaint or hate filled rant.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,330 ★★★★★
    obsidiman said:

obsidiman said:

Logan00 said:

How is this possible? That's a rank4 Sig 200 herc btw, make me loose faith in the game really

Disclaimer... not a champion expert. Opinion... not fact.

Herc's sig ability just means his immortality and unblockable are lengthened after initial knockout. I'm assuming you opponent got a nice big SP2 and applied big shocks with Nimrod and was able to wait out the immortality.

I don't see anything that would indicate cheating.
    Looks more like an Sp3 kill
    I suppose Nimrod could have built to an SP3 and dropped enough of Herc's health to k.o. him in 90 seconds. The SP3 would negate the immortality.
    Remember Nim gets fury from the node and he can remove prows, would be an easy 90sec sp3 kill
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,484 ★★★★

obsidiman said:

I started at gold 1 what am i supposed to do

Perhaps he started in Gold 1 also. Maybe he started in a higher bracket and had a rough go remaining there.

I get your frustration but I don't know how feasible your solution is. There aren't unlimited accounts participating and accounts move up and down all the time. You just have to keep grinding. The mode isn't built for one person to be matched against a far weaker opponent and always win. You'd advance to a bracket where there is only going to be stronger accounts/players and then what?

I had a TB account start in Bronze and it took me a good amount of time and matches to finally move up. And I played against stronger accounts.

Losing sucks. It does. I get it. But it's a competitive mode with one winner and one loser.
    Ok i understand this, i was wondering that maybe the stronger accounts will move out of plat 2 after the objectives are completed, that way maybe i could get my 20 tier 2 dust
    Fun fact:

You got 180 tier 2 dust not doing bgs.

In 15 days you'll have more opportunities to get tier 2 dust not doing bgs.

If you don't even have a 6r5 to ascend yet, i wouldn't worry too much about missing out on the first wave party.

I still remember when it was a huge deal that someone was the first to r5 a 5 star.

Also, some of my alli are purposely losing every other match to pad their win count easily, and they're 4.5 - 6 million. So, you got those type to contend with.
  • Options

obsidiman said:

I started at gold 1 what am i supposed to do

Perhaps he started in Gold 1 also. Maybe he started in a higher bracket and had a rough go remaining there.

I get your frustration but I don't know how feasible your solution is. There aren't unlimited accounts participating and accounts move up and down all the time. You just have to keep grinding. The mode isn't built for one person to be matched against a far weaker opponent and always win. You'd advance to a bracket where there is only going to be stronger accounts/players and then what?

I had a TB account start in Bronze and it took me a good amount of time and matches to finally move up. And I played against stronger accounts.

Losing sucks. It does. I get it. But it's a competitive mode with one winner and one loser.
    Ok i understand this, i was wondering that maybe the stronger accounts will move out of plat 2 after the objectives are completed, that way maybe i could get my 20 tier 2 dust
    Yes, that is a distinct possibility. In general, the stronger players tend to advance faster than the weaker ones, so over time most tiers get weaker as the stronger players leave them. This is not perfect and not universal, and there's still the issue that you are matched against opponents randomly so you can still roll a one and match against a lumberingly slow Paragon, but as a general statement this is still early in the season and things will tend to get easier over time.

I wrote an article about this here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/341980/this-low-strength-deck-got-into-gc-heres-how. Also, I have been using this same basic strategy for my main Paragon account, and comparing my performance across the last four seasons in season seven and eight I pushed as hard as possible and averaged something like a 35% to 40% win rate, especially in lower tiers early in the season. In season nine I averaged a win rate of almost 80% until I hit Vibranium 3, where I hit a wall until the last two days of the season when I suddenly began winning again and made it to V2 in just ten matches total. This season I started in P1 and have maintained a high win rate by just continuing to play it slow, getting just enough progress to clear milestones and then taking a break, letting the stronger players continue to get out ahead of me.

My recommendation is just do enough to get the participation objectives every two days, and test the waters. If it still looks tough, take a break, come back two days later. At least for the next two weeks. If you're still not competitive, you can decide then whether to push super hard for the Cap objectives.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,715 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

Sadly, I think you shot yourself in the foot progressing that far. I think plenty of players are losing matches on purpose to stay in the lower brackets and avoid struggling to complete the objectives.

Perhaps. But there are also plenty of 18-19K+ accounts in Diamond and Vibranium right now if my matches are any indication. They’ve already ascended their 6* champ and are working through to GC.

If there truly are small accounts at this tier and the matchmaking truly is random, then there must be very few and they must not be looking for matches any time I am.

Dr. Zola