**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

f2p players deserves better

Comments

• Options
    Blackjack555yyBlackjack555yy Posts: 56
    edited September 2023

Homeless people deserve better, I don't see you sharing your room

I know it's getting close to Fall, but the strawman isn't really needed in this situation.
    F2P deserving something in a game with no Ads is as strawman as it gets.
    1 vouching for invasive microtransactions is as strawman as it gets EA

2 If an f2p player grinded the game for longer than a whale then yeah, they deserve more
    1- 69.99+ tax dollars is not a micro transaction lol
    2- lets tell the devs and their families they got a lot of f2p grinding for dinner this weekend
    1 yeah true, they're macro transactions, still a slap to the face to both spenders and f2p

2 maybe if someone said that they would avoid breaking the game economy with every update, like giving 7 stars to cavs
  • Options
    0_Alph40_Alph4 Posts: 103
    edited September 2023

0_Alph4 said:

I know it's getting close to Fall, but the strawman isn't really needed in this situation.
    I'd rather watch 1000 ads if means I could be on par with players who buy their way to the top
    If u r f2p i would assume u grind arena for units, imagine a 10 second ad between every fight.... ewww
    And... You think people who dump money don't grind arena anyway. I'm just saying if there was an option to watch a 1 min ad for 50 or even 30 units would be better than this

0_Alph4 said:

Yep kinda insane how a new player can just dump a bunch of money and have a better roster then most of the throne breaker f2p

Then they get smoked in BG because they don't know how to utilize that shiny new roster. Spending doesn't automatically make them good at the game
    New players won't even be able to play battlegrounds till they get to uncollected, so they'll definitely have some skill when they get to battlegrounds
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,548 ★★★★★

2 If an f2p player grinded the game for longer than a whale then yeah, they deserve more
    2- lets tell the devs and their families they got a lot of f2p grinding for dinner this weekend
    1 yeah true, they're macro transactions, still a slap to the face to both spenders and f2p

2 maybe if someone said that they would avoid breaking the game economy with every update, like giving 7 stars to cavs
    Both excellent points, unrelated to deserving something though.
  • Options

All you need to do is find a game developer anywhere in the world that agrees with you and isn't unable to code because they are starving to death, and you'll be set.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

All you need to do is find a game developer anywhere in the world that agrees with you and isn't unable to code because they are starving to death, and you'll be set.
    Considering how microtransaction are normally seen and how some games get treated because of them, i guess i could find one.
  • Options
    0_Alph4 said:

0_Alph4 said:

I'd rather watch 1000 ads if means I could be on par with players who buy their way to the top
    If u r f2p i would assume u grind arena for units, imagine a 10 second ad between every fight.... ewww
    And... You think people who dump money don't grind arena anyway. I'm just saying if there was an option to watch a 1 min ad for 50 or even 30 units would be better than this

0_Alph4 said:

Yep kinda insane how a new player can just dump a bunch of money and have a better roster then most of the throne breaker f2p

Then they get smoked in BG because they don't know how to utilize that shiny new roster. Spending doesn't automatically make them good at the game
    New players won't even be able to play battlegrounds till they get to uncollected, so they'll definitely have some skill when they get to battlegrounds
    You do understand that the reason an arena exist is because developers were paid to create it, and they were paid with real money that came from profit of sales, not paid with the sweat of F2P players.
    You are taking f2p to a whole new level too, you want to get paid units for watching ads lol.
  • Options

Still don't find why f2p players should be shafted so hard (and whales as well)
    If they both get shafted its a bad sale, as a smart consumer you decide if its worthy or not
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★
    Even Medium spenders arnt gonna buy that 9k/11k unit offers(current ones).

No rants yet. Have to see how this event will move forward in coming days.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,550 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

Many close to whales spenders started as f2p, and stopped whaling out on the free to play model when this got ridiculous. I m one of them. Things didn't change, they got worse.

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

Still don't find why f2p players should be shafted so hard (and whales as well)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/333350/this-game-is-a-cash-grab-thank-god

TL;DR: F2P players are not being shafted. They get to play the game for free. Which is something that someone has to pay for, if not them. People keep forgetting that. In-game, whales get more stuff. But in the real world, whales pay thousands of dollars to play the game, F2P players pay nothing to play the same game.

All of monetization has to be judged in that light, because it is the only light that matters. It is why in spite of the fact that people seem to think everyone hates microtransactions and the free to play model, the model is still wildly popular. The free to play players can grumble all they want, but at the end of the day they are playing games for free. Without the free to play model they would be back to diving in the bargain bin at Game Stop. The whales are the ones actually spending, and they can grumble all they want but at the end of the day they are the ones supporting the whole thing. Without them spending the model collapses. That's 99% of the game players in the world with a vested interest in continuing the model, even if they enjoy complaining about it.

When the free to play players start spending on non-free to play games and the whales stop spending on the free to play model, that's when things will change. Until then, everyone is voting with their actions, and talking out of their butts.
    Yes ftp and whales are both getting shafted in this event, for what they said it would be, and for what they're giving in return, they're even shafting their own progression system by giving players something they shouldn't have at that point in game, they said everyone would be able to trade in things like gold, units, crystals and sig stones, and apart from the lack of variety, the milestone points are so far apart from what you receive even for spending, that the money you'd be spending is more than something you could spend in other events and get something better, and is also way too much.

And while yes it's true that not everyone hates microtransactions, people do have limits with them, limits that aren't enforced on mobile games, and some PC/console games, for that, just look at the mobile diablo game and how their issues with microtransaction threw it to oblivion and disrespect, but yeah that's worth for another different conversation that people already figured out, and while it's true that free to play games need a way of getting money without ads, they can do so without throwing their already broken economy through the window, cause most games that do have microtransactions do so, CODM for example has what you would call prestige items, and they're not economy breakers, they're highly exclusive though but no one cares, the same can be said for every new pc/c COD btw, or most EA games, which is not something that MCOC does, like i said before and even as a cav myself, cavs shouldn't have access to 7 stars yet.

And while whales do keep supporting it, while they're also shafted, that is at the end of the day their decision, and if they keep spending mindlessly on things like this, at some point they'll get tired as well

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,473 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

What exactly that's in that store can't be gained through playing the game and being F2P?

While you could technically buy everything as a f2p player, the deals are awful in general and I doubt that many players have grinded that many units just to drop it on some mediocre rewards in the store. Battlegrounds and AQ barely award any points and you only have one cycle of AQ to even earn points through. Other than that, you’ll have to drop tons of gold and units on bad offers that still don’t award that many points.

Guess we’ll have to see what the remaining bundles are, but for now, it’s not that great. Not to mention that they repeatedly say they’re against hoarding but actively seem to encourage it when it comes to deals like this
    I'm in agreement that it's really not that good of an event. I haven't make a single purchase from either the store or unit store and I don't plan to. I've not seen a single thing that's of great value/must have.
    Why are you defending this event then? F2ps and spenders are shafted. Nothing good about this
    What about my post shows me defending the event?
  • Options
    wetrx said:

Searmenis said:

Battlegrounds is free. Alliance Quest is free. There are other ways to get points besides those 3.

How many BG SOLO OBJECTIVES and AQ FIGHTS can you do in 10 days?
    I'm sorry, did I miss the part where this was supposed to be a F2P event? Or is this meant for every type of summoner to take part in? So F2P can't hit every objective, doesn't mean they can't take part in it.

Not only that, these are just the first offers. There's more to come in the following days.
    Am convinced demon on doesn’t actually play the game, just hang out here on forums 24/7 and thinks this is one of his discord servers 🤣

I don't hide anything homie.
  • Options
    Ashacekar said:

Battlegrounds is free. Alliance Quest is free. There are other ways to get points besides those 3.

But that freedom gives very little points.
    1. I never said that they gave big points.
    2. F2P still get to participate in the event.
    3. Everyone is getting shafted by this event as the cost to value is terrible for these initial offers.
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

How many BG SOLO OBJECTIVES and AQ FIGHTS can you do in 10 days?
    I'm sorry, did I miss the part where this was supposed to be a F2P event? Or is this meant for every type of summoner to take part in? So F2P can't hit every objective, doesn't mean they can't take part in it.

Not only that, these are just the first offers. There's more to come in the following days.
    I m sorry, did I miss the part where you were nt saying that f2p players are good because of the FREE AQ and BG points? Because I was replying to that first comment of yours.
    The event is terrible in general. The store offers have no value that I can see. There's some ok stuff in the solo event but I could take it or leave it. There's nothing in this event thats a must have.

But, AQ and BG's is not the only way to score points either. Those are the 2 of the 3 that OP tried to point out.
  • Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 283 ★★★
    The simple fact that they openly discourage hoarding and then turn around and reward hoarders (and spenders, of course) seems a tad backwards and unexpected.
  • Options

And while whales do keep supporting it, while they're also shafted, that is at the end of the day their decision, and if they keep spending mindlessly on things like this, at some point they'll get tired as well

That's true, but also irrelevant until this becomes an actual reality.

And remember: the free to play players are supporting the system just as much as the spenders, something I think most people don't fully appreciate. Whale fund it, but the free to play players are also supporting it by playing free to play games. It is not enough for the whales to stop spending, someone has to spend on something else to have a viable alternative. Every F2P player that plays F2P games is directing their attention towards the F2P market and away from all other alternatives, depriving those alternatives of attention and potential revenue.

It isn't just the whales, it is all of us keeping the business model alive.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,130 ★★★★

i'm not one to complain about spender/f2p things..but what happened to this game?

relatively speaking this a nothing/nobody event and this is how much full whaling on the biggest days used to cost. how far have things shifted?

Yeah this event is super weird. Because as a *used to be* f2p player for MANY years since launch, you want to have offers that ENCOURAGE someone to splurge and spend on it, to get something of value. And then that encourages them to buy more in the future.

That certainly is Kabam’s desire/incentive, as they want to keep making the game and getting people to pay. But it feels like none of this is of value for the price - not even close.

I’m a “probably spending $5-15 a month on this game and rarely/occasionally will splurge on an offer that is great” type of player - and there is absolutely nothing here worth spending a penny on. And the trade offers in the caps commissary store are grossly underwhelming. Guess we’ll see what the 24th looks like.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,550 ★★★★★

The simple fact that they openly discourage hoarding and then turn around and reward hoarders (and spenders, of course) seems a tad backwards and unexpected.

Not exactly, they discourage hoarding things that matter, like units, gold and 6 star shards (or 5 star, depending on your level of progression). Everything else you don't need, you can keep hoarding, but you can never use it as it seems, like t3 cc crystals and shards, 4 star sig stones, solo event crystals and so on.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 313 ★★★
    I love these events, however my issue is how kabam outright discourages hoarding and tells us they'd prefer we use our resources and shards but then reward hoarding/saving of said resources. Then they'll say don't expect the event to come back because they don't like the resulting hoarding and then here we are again. It's just gross to me.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,147 ★★★★★
    Garbage event, at least Kabam Miike gave us a warning a few days ago so I'm not really disappointed, I knew it was going to be terrible.
  • Options
    kevhugokevhugo Posts: 138 ★★
    edited September 2023

Ashacekar said:

3. Everyone is getting shafted by this event as the cost to value is terrible for these initial offers.
    Yeah f2p get to participate, that is true, are they reaching the milestones tho? They're not getting anything for their time. But they can still trade stuff which is a W. Credit where credit is due.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,535 ★★★★★

How are they encouraging hoarding? AG trade in is limit 1, alliance tickets are going away and they’re giving us something for them. Featured 6* crystal trade in they’re trying to sell us the shards for units, with the max amount aligning exactly with what’s needed for a 7* crystal. You could argue it encourages 6* shard hoarding but most end game players do that already as they await the next featured. Everything else is either gold or units.

It’s a far cry from the event where we traded up quantities of 5 5* AG for 1 6* AG.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,382 ★★★★★
    The whole hoarding argument is based on the idea that the intention is for everyone to have all they need when rare Events like this come up, and everyone is intended to get everything.
    This is not the case.
    Personally, I prefer to use what I need to progress all year long.
    What are we looking at, really? A 7*, some Gold, and some Shards. Which we can get in a few months of playing, if not in a month, or even a week, respectively.
  • Options
    kevhugo said:

Ashacekar said:

Yeah f2p get to participate, that is true, are they reaching the milestones tho? They're not getting anything for their time. But they can still trade stuff which is a W. Credit where credit is due.
    So if I only have $30 to buy one bundle and someone else can buy everything, can I complain like F2P because I can't reach the final milestone?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,535 ★★★★★

kevhugo said:

Ashacekar said:

So if I only have $30 to buy one bundle and someone else can buy everything, can I complain like F2P because I can't reach the final milestone?
    You can always complain about anything you want here.