Options

Galan's suit of armor, which non-metallic material is it made of?

Since Galan doesn't get magnetized by Magneto, i'm curious which non-metallic material his suit of armor is made out of?

Acryllic? Cardboard? Papier mache?

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    U mean like planet carcass.. so primitive...
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 571 ★★★
    Iron ore from the crust.
  • Options
    as opposed to the tears of people that can’t hang without spending

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,563 ★★★★★
    Same as SIM's.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 743 ★★★
    Bamboo maybe?
  • Options
    Power Cosmic
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    Plot Armor
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,663 ★★★★
    In the comics, Galactus forged his armor in order to fully contain his cosmic energies. The materials this armor is made from is probably stronger than Magneto's metal-manipulating powers.
  • Options
    I thing magneto is just not sure about the element.hes still studying it
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,603 ★★★★
    Play-Doh
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    Man, with the already limited scientific knowledge that the average person has, comics can be such an interesting application of actual theory and utter nonesense.

Just as a general note, there are things that are non-metallic that are extremely strong and even used as armor (such as kevlar, a polymer). The interesting thing with magneto is that (typically) his powers seem to fluctuate between controlling "magnetism", metals in general, being able to induce an electromagnetic field to control non-metallic or non-ferrous metals, force fields, nuclear field manipulation, etc. It is also likely (as pointed out by DNA) that Galan's armor was created by himself to help him regulate the crazy amounts of energy that supposedly exist within him. It's safe to say that with "limitless power" Galan wasn't like "Hmm, I better use iron, or better yet, a titanium-gold alloy."
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 128

I heard he bought his armor from Cap's Commissary

Unlikely, since Galactus does not hoard, he devours.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 312 ★★★
    Maybe he enjoys moon pies for dessert?
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 250 ★★★
    Spandex
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
    I just assumed it was a physical manifestation of the power cosmic.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    Idk about this Galan stuff, but after Iceman became coldsnap immune and GR became incinerate immune after years of complains, i just wish they made Black Order #villains
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

I just assumed it was a physical manifestation of the power cosmic.

It was stated in the comics that his armor was a "technological invention" to contain his cosmic energies, but "invention" and "technology" for a cosmic entity doesn't necessarily mean the same thing it does to mere mortals.