Whould you like to see another event like the cap commissary ?

2»

Comments

• spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 353 ★★★
    I think people are conflating the Cap Comissary and Captain America enlistment alliance and solo events. To the latter, I'm a heck yes vote. Rewards were nice for the stuff I was already playing, really helped give me something to shoot for in different categories (this many wins in war, this many in Incursions, this many in quest, targets to hunt for in arena).

The store, though, and the "spend it until you wreck it goals" gets a huge Hell to the No vote.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

AMS94 said:

I don't remember the last time we had an event which was this hated, & rightfully so
    This is like the Guillotine buff but in event form

Let s be honest: It's like the Civil Warrior buff in event form.
    I believe Guillotine's rework was far more poorly received.
    You ruined the joke...
  • RapRap Member Posts: 3,210 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    The entire month has been dedicated to whale hunting, in an effort to clean out their supply overstock and their inventory if possible. But why they go on and on about "hoarding" when they leave garbage in the game like the class keys for chapters 5 and 6 that are still in our "other" inventory.
    Wanna clean up the game they should start with locker garbage from events long past. Or give us something to trade them for!
    I have a bunch of stuff hoarded but none of it is apparently worth trading in to clean up the game I guess...2000 plus t4c shard crystals. Why can't I trade those?
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    Worst event ever, made for Kabam to cash in on billionaire kids
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    DrZola said:

While I don’t like the Cap structure because it places way too much emphasis on purchases, the concept of either unannounced or regular “sales” where Summoners can convert old inventory items into something more useful would be great.

I've been reserving judgment until I had a better idea where I was going to end up. At the moment, I have bought none of the cash offers, and also none of the unit offers. I've bought the gold ones of course, and done the other trades, and I'm a pretty active AQ player (I do a lot of long paths in Map 6). At the moment I am at 2490 points. Assuming I get the loyalty selector tomorrow, which I'm assuming is likely, I should end up with somewhere around 3800 points when all is said and done (another day of AQ, plus probably a couple BG milestones). Certainly more than 3375, which means without spending cash and without spending units, I will end up with 1,000,000 gold, 30k 6* shards, and 900 more units from the event without spending, with the only reward available that I might not get (assuming I decide to not spend at all) being the 7* CW (or alternate reward, YMMV).

Given that everything I did is something a free to play player could have done (even the gold trades were not out of reach for an active free to play player) I would say that this event was actually not at all harsh towards F2P players. I wouldn't say it placed too much emphasis on spending in that regard. It does have spending as an option to be sure, and it was a stated goal that Kabam is trying to add more of theses "mini-sales" to move away from just a few concentrated big sales, and in that regard I think its actually not a bad thing for the mini-sales - which are by definition focused on spending and spenders - to come bundled in events like this that free to play players can also participate in.

Some are seeing this as an event that has too much spending in it, but I'm seeing it as a spending event that has a lot of free to play participation bundled into it, and that stuff is actually pretty good for free to play players to get a hold of. Whether you see it positively or negatively seems to be more a matter of perspective than what's actually there. Do you see it as a free to play event tainted by spending, or as a spending event that has a substantial free to play component included.

As someone who is not free to play and does spend, I have essentially interacted with the event essentially as a free to play player would, and I'm finding it perfectly acceptable myself. A whale gets to spend units on stuff, while free to play players can actually walk away with a bunch more units than they started with. To me, that's a pretty good deal all around.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    138 vs 26 💀
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★

138 vs 26 💀

You are biased, u made a big booboo lol
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

While I don’t like the Cap structure because it places way too much emphasis on purchases, the concept of either unannounced or regular “sales” where Summoners can convert old inventory items into something more useful would be great.

I've been reserving judgment until I had a better idea where I was going to end up. At the moment, I have bought none of the cash offers, and also none of the unit offers. I've bought the gold ones of course, and done the other trades, and I'm a pretty active AQ player (I do a lot of long paths in Map 6). At the moment I am at 2490 points. Assuming I get the loyalty selector tomorrow, which I'm assuming is likely, I should end up with somewhere around 3800 points when all is said and done (another day of AQ, plus probably a couple BG milestones). Certainly more than 3375, which means without spending cash and without spending units, I will end up with 1,000,000 gold, 30k 6* shards, and 900 more units from the event without spending, with the only reward available that I might not get (assuming I decide to not spend at all) being the 7* CW (or alternate reward, YMMV).

Given that everything I did is something a free to play player could have done (even the gold trades were not out of reach for an active free to play player) I would say that this event was actually not at all harsh towards F2P players. I wouldn't say it placed too much emphasis on spending in that regard. It does have spending as an option to be sure, and it was a stated goal that Kabam is trying to add more of theses "mini-sales" to move away from just a few concentrated big sales, and in that regard I think its actually not a bad thing for the mini-sales - which are by definition focused on spending and spenders - to come bundled in events like this that free to play players can also participate in.

Some are seeing this as an event that has too much spending in it, but I'm seeing it as a spending event that has a lot of free to play participation bundled into it, and that stuff is actually pretty good for free to play players to get a hold of. Whether you see it positively or negatively seems to be more a matter of perspective than what's actually there. Do you see it as a free to play event tainted by spending, or as a spending event that has a substantial free to play component included.

As someone who is not free to play and does spend, I have essentially interacted with the event essentially as a free to play player would, and I'm finding it perfectly acceptable myself. A whale gets to spend units on stuff, while free to play players can actually walk away with a bunch more units than they started with. To me, that's a pretty good deal all around.
    Wise words, absolutely agree. I feel like too many people only focused on the Store (which was there first) and were biased then. If they would have actually dealt with how the points are distributed, they could have realized that you can reach the 3rd or even 4th Milestone without a single purchase from the Shop (ressources/money).
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,837 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Wise words, absolutely agree. I feel like too many people only focused on the Store (which was there first) and were biased then. If they would have actually dealt with how the points are distributed, they could have realized that you can reach the 3rd or even 4th Milestone without a single purchase from the Shop (ressources/money).
    While true, it is only possible for a limited number of people per alliance to score that many points in the solo event.
  • Elite13Elite13 Member Posts: 184
    I would love it if they updated the store, all the solo events were great. The store just SUCKS!! I hope tomorrow is better, though I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

138 vs 26 💀

You are biased, u made a big booboo lol
    Shhhhh nobody saw that cause it was late af 🥴
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

WOLF_LINK said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

While true, it is only possible for a limited number of people per alliance to score that many points in the solo event.
    My current score, still without buying any cash offers or unit offers, stands at 3820. The third milestone rewards (900 units) requires 3375 points. I believe this is achievable even for players who do much fewer AQ fights than I do. Could literally everyone do this? Probably not given AQ map structures. But the vast majority could, and given many players aren't going to try, it is likely that the majority of players in a position to try and willing to try will be able to achieve this.

I think it was just barely within the realm of possibility for a F2P player to reach milestone four, but it would have required a lot of effort. I am on BG milestone six, which means in theory I could get nine more BG milestones which would be 450 more points. That would get me to 4270. I did not do every possible AQ fight: I could have probably squeezed out sixteen more fights across five days using AQ energy refills. So it was just barely within the realm of possibility for a free to play player to stretch to get there without spending any cash or units (even AQ energy refills is something I have a stockpile of from glory purchases over time).
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Member Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Jannas said:

Overall the event was ok a bit grindy but ok untill the shop come and ruin everything

I think you are mixing enlistment with commissary
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    I would like it, with two changes. 1: MORE NOTICE. They gave us hardly any notice for this one, and as a result, people were inadequately prepared. And 2: make it less obnoxiously and obviously money grab-y. It doesn't have to be F2P friendly, but this one was for mega whales.