Yo Kabam! What's up with the silent nerf >:(

13»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,355 Guardian

But where is the line drawn on disrespect?

In a perfect world, fairly aggressively by the posters but fairly conservatively by the moderators.

In principle, we should be the ones to try to maintain as much decorum as possible. However, in practice those lines are grey and they cannot be enforced aggressively by the moderators, because that would shut down all discussion and could not possibly be seen as objectively fair.

Respect for others comes with a converse responsibility, that if you expect to participate in a sufficiently large and diverse community, there will be people who either accidentally or deliberately step over your lines occasionally. Regardless of your feelings on the matter, you have to respect the norms of that community. And the vast majority of internet online communities do not have prohibitions on simple blasphemy.

To put it another way, you can in small polite company ask that someone respect your beliefs when it comes to blasphemy. I would generally respect such a request myself. But you cannot walk into the neighborhood sports bar and demand the same from all of the patrons. I would almost certainly laugh at that request, even though it is the same request. In effect, the latter fails to respect the social norms of a community of people. And those norms do exist: if someone did cross the line of that community and shout the wrong thing, they'd be ejected.

Here, taking the Lord's name in vain is not unacceptable. Asking for RDTs, on the other hand, less so. That's the culture, and everyone here has to collectively respect that culture.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★

Some of y'all really have no idea what a silent nerf is. Jesus.

You clearly have no idea what blasphemy is and I’m really getting tired of your disrespect for others with your language. It’s also disappointing that Kabam turns a blind eye and lets people continue to do so. If some offensive language is allowed then why does other offense language cause bans?
    Agreed, he s been doing this for ages, and when u answer back, u get a mod warning. BS
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,789 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

Some of y'all really have no idea what a silent nerf is. Jesus.

You clearly have no idea what blasphemy is and I’m really getting tired of your disrespect for others with your language. It’s also disappointing that Kabam turns a blind eye and lets people continue to do so. If some offensive language is allowed then why does other offense language cause bans?
    Agreed, he s been doing this for ages, and when u answer back, u get a mod warning. BS
    Not true at all. If you get a warning, it's for what you said. Not because of how you replied to me.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 460 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

But where is the line drawn on disrespect?

In a perfect world, fairly aggressively by the posters but fairly conservatively by the moderators.

In principle, we should be the ones to try to maintain as much decorum as possible. However, in practice those lines are grey and they cannot be enforced aggressively by the moderators, because that would shut down all discussion and could not possibly be seen as objectively fair.

Respect for others comes with a converse responsibility, that if you expect to participate in a sufficiently large and diverse community, there will be people who either accidentally or deliberately step over your lines occasionally. Regardless of your feelings on the matter, you have to respect the norms of that community. And the vast majority of internet online communities do not have prohibitions on simple blasphemy.

To put it another way, you can in small polite company ask that someone respect your beliefs when it comes to blasphemy. I would generally respect such a request myself. But you cannot walk into the neighborhood sports bar and demand the same from all of the patrons. I would almost certainly laugh at that request, even though it is the same request. In effect, the latter fails to respect the social norms of a community of people. And those norms do exist: if someone did cross the line of that community and shout the wrong thing, they'd be ejected.

Here, taking the Lord's name in vain is not unacceptable. Asking for RDTs, on the other hand, less so. That's the culture, and everyone here has to collectively respect that culture.
    I appreciate the thoughtful and respectful response. I will keep it in mind in the future and temper my expectations.
  • DrauglinDrauglin Member Posts: 191 ★★

Yes it was offensive to me. According to this quote from the forum rules ANY offensive language is prohibited. As such you are clearly in violation.

2. We expect all Summoners to treat each other with respect. Insults, personal attacks, harassment, inflammatory posting, or generally rude posts will not be tolerated in either the forums, or private messages. This also includes the use of inappropriate, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any kind.

Cool. All of your posts are offensive to me. Guess we're even. That's not how that part of the ToS works, sorry to burst your bubble.

Peace bruh!
    Who are you to decide how that works? You clearly used language that is offensive to a significant portion of the world. Kabam may not discipline you but a higher authority will judge you at a later time.

And yet someone else said “goddamn” in this thread and you didn’t make a peep. So you’re selectively offended I guess. I hope Skydaddy doesn’t punish me for pointing this inconsistency out to you.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 460 ★★★★
    Drauglin said:

Yes it was offensive to me. According to this quote from the forum rules ANY offensive language is prohibited. As such you are clearly in violation.

2. We expect all Summoners to treat each other with respect. Insults, personal attacks, harassment, inflammatory posting, or generally rude posts will not be tolerated in either the forums, or private messages. This also includes the use of inappropriate, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any kind.

Cool. All of your posts are offensive to me. Guess we're even. That's not how that part of the ToS works, sorry to burst your bubble.

Peace bruh!
    Who are you to decide how that works? You clearly used language that is offensive to a significant portion of the world. Kabam may not discipline you but a higher authority will judge you at a later time.

And yet someone else said “goddamn” in this thread and you didn’t make a peep. So you’re selectively offended I guess. I hope Skydaddy doesn’t punish me for pointing this inconsistency out to you.

I based my original comments on the fact that I saw an individual make the same offensive(to me) remarks across several threads. It’s obvious that many couldn’t care less about what matters to me so I’ve said my piece and there doesn’t seem to be anything else I can add to change those opinions.
  • WeaponX2112WeaponX2112 Member Posts: 40
    Getting back to the OP, I opened a support ticket when I had a similar issue trying to get all of the 6* shards from the BGs store for the commissary trade in. This is the response I received(I assume because of the volume of tickets they confused my request dealing with shards with others reporting sig stones as an issue):

"Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Support to report the potential issue with the purchase limit on your Battlegrounds Store for 6-Star Signature Stones.

I am sorry for our delay in addressing your ticket. We are currently receiving an unexpected increase in support tickets, and we are working to address each report as quickly as possible.

Purchase limits are reset at a rate of 10 more purchases every seven days for this item. The number of days displayed is how long you will need to wait for the item to fully refill to the full 50 you can purchase from the store.

I hope I was able to help clear things out for you. Best of luck in the Marvel Contest of Champions! Have a fruitful day!

Warm regards"

Whether this is a "nerf" or bug this does appear to be how its working right now as I had purchased the full 30 the week before and on Friday after getting an error as I attempted to get all 30, I purchased one and my available limit went to 14.
  • Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Member Posts: 143 ★★

Getting back to the OP, I opened a support ticket when I had a similar issue trying to get all of the 6* shards from the BGs store for the commissary trade in. This is the response I received(I assume because of the volume of tickets they confused my request dealing with shards with others reporting sig stones as an issue):

"Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Support to report the potential issue with the purchase limit on your Battlegrounds Store for 6-Star Signature Stones.

I am sorry for our delay in addressing your ticket. We are currently receiving an unexpected increase in support tickets, and we are working to address each report as quickly as possible.

Purchase limits are reset at a rate of 10 more purchases every seven days for this item. The number of days displayed is how long you will need to wait for the item to fully refill to the full 50 you can purchase from the store.

I hope I was able to help clear things out for you. Best of luck in the Marvel Contest of Champions! Have a fruitful day!

Warm regards"

Whether this is a "nerf" or bug this does appear to be how its working right now as I had purchased the full 30 the week before and on Friday after getting an error as I attempted to get all 30, I purchased one and my available limit went to 14.

This is definitely a NERF
  • Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Member Posts: 143 ★★
    I think it get fixed silently now.

People got affected by it can now take a big L silently.
  • MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Member Posts: 247 ★★★
    At the end of the day, bugs and religion are a cancer on this world.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,618 ★★★★★

At the end of the day, bugs and religion are a cancer on this world.

Its the car sized mosquitoes outside my bedroom window. Heard they wanna talk to me about my car warranty.
  • EmomikeEmomike Member Posts: 229 ★★
    Drauglin said:

Peace bruh!

Was it really necessary for the last part of your comment? Mocking someone for thier beliefs says to me that you're insecure about your own.
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Member Posts: 246 ★★★

"Greetings Summoner,

Warm regards"

Damn, it never use to be this way before :pensive:
    Hopefully we get an updated response today, but ya that would suck. Thanks for the info
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Alright, everyone, I see the arguing here, and I raise you one donut capybara.

I see you, and I raise you with a squirrel with pizza

So I win ig?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,789 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners,

This is a bug that is being investigated - not a silent nerf.

We will report back with more information as we get it.

Thanks.

@Omega_Runner So not being fixed silently nor a nerf.....
This discussion has been closed.