Options

Energy Problem?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,353 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Super2023 said:

I understand not want to play to go non-stop but waiting for damn near the whole day all for it to be gone in seconds isn't stupid?

6 hours is not the whole day, your Energy refills 4x a day plus you can get even more from your Alliance Mates. But yeah, once you are higher Level and have higher Energy bar it should get less of a problem, I think that could be the reason for your experience while none of us got the problem.
    Super2023 said:

Lvl 40 is low lvl. Brother I need 20 lvl to hit max.

And forcing players to waste their time by playing a stupid mode for hours just to complete quest is ridiculous

Yes, Lv. 40 is considered low Level. Probably everything below MAX is. All reached within a month of grinding.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,781 Guardian
    Super2023 said:

JollyHawk said:

Super2023 said:

I like how I'm criticizing the game, I get disagrees for speaking about an issue in the game.

You're free to have an opinion on the energy system. If you want to go into more details on what energy system you think they should implement, that would be great.

As for the disagrees, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the fact that everyone but you has said they're okay with the current system, and your response was "They should overhaul the energy system".
    Either
    1) reduce the minutes you have to wait for energy to be refill (6 minutes for 1 energy is **** crazy)

Or

2) Make every quest need energy to get into and remove energy needed to move during the tiles
    I would honestly hate it if you needed to spend energy up front. That would mean if I had less than the energy required but had some free time to play the game, I couldn't do anything until I accumulated enough energy. In the current system, even if I have only 30 energy I can still do something. I can still burn energy now, and then finish the rest later. With an up front energy cost system, you can only do things when you have enough energy to cover the entire costs up front.

Perhaps the current system is not as stupid as you think, because I think given the choice between the current one and the one you're proposing, most players of the game would think your proposal was borderline insane. If Kabam itself proposed it, they'd get more hate than the 6.2 Champion boss.

I get the notion that you don't want to wait for things to happen. No one wants to wait for energy. They also don't want to wait to get catalysts or ISO or gold or crystals. Everyone wants everything now, or on their schedule. But this game, like the vast overwhelming majority of games as a service, is not that kind of game. There's a certain pacing for everything in the game that is tuned for the benefit of the game as a whole, and no one player. This is something you accept when you are playing massively multiplayer games, because certain game fundamentals, like how energy works, is not going to change just because one player complains about it.

In fact, it won't change even if everyone complains about it, because no game designer makes energy requirements in a game because players enjoy energy costs. They are just a requirement of the game. No one likes dying either, but no amount of complains will cause the developers to remove champion death from the game either. You're not supposed to like it. You're supposed to overcome it.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,224 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Super2023 said:

JollyHawk said:

Super2023 said:

I like how I'm criticizing the game, I get disagrees for speaking about an issue in the game.

You're free to have an opinion on the energy system. If you want to go into more details on what energy system you think they should implement, that would be great.

As for the disagrees, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the fact that everyone but you has said they're okay with the current system, and your response was "They should overhaul the energy system".
    Either
    1) reduce the minutes you have to wait for energy to be refill (6 minutes for 1 energy is **** crazy)

Or

2) Make every quest need energy to get into and remove energy needed to move during the tiles
    I would honestly hate it if you needed to spend energy up front. That would mean if I had less than the energy required but had some free time to play the game, I couldn't do anything until I accumulated enough energy. In the current system, even if I have only 30 energy I can still do something. I can still burn energy now, and then finish the rest later. With an up front energy cost system, you can only do things when you have enough energy to cover the entire costs up front.

Perhaps the current system is not as stupid as you think, because I think given the choice between the current one and the one you're proposing, most players of the game would think your proposal was borderline insane. If Kabam itself proposed it, they'd get more hate than the 6.2 Champion boss.

I get the notion that you don't want to wait for things to happen. No one wants to wait for energy. They also don't want to wait to get catalysts or ISO or gold or crystals. Everyone wants everything now, or on their schedule. But this game, like the vast overwhelming majority of games as a service, is not that kind of game. There's a certain pacing for everything in the game that is tuned for the benefit of the game as a whole, and no one player. This is something you accept when you are playing massively multiplayer games, because certain game fundamentals, like how energy works, is not going to change just because one player complains about it.

In fact, it won't change even if everyone complains about it, because no game designer makes energy requirements in a game because players enjoy energy costs. They are just a requirement of the game. No one likes dying either, but no amount of complains will cause the developers to remove champion death from the game either. You're not supposed to like it. You're supposed to overcome it.
    Fr could you imagine dumping 60 energy when you enter a quest only to realize once you hit a roadblock 2 fights in that you need to adjust your team and come back in but that would also cost another 60 energy. Just an all around awful idea for this game. Spending energy as you go is always a net positive and there hasn't been a single time where it has been a negative (maybe we could count the energy not going beyond the cap with refills before they changed it but that's more of a UX issue and not a gameplay one)
  • Options
    Super2023Super2023 Posts: 18
    Greekhit said:

Super2023 said:

I have to wait 6 HOURS to get my **** refilled and everyone is either saying "I got energies" or saying "You never play a gacha game" which funny since most gacha game I like (KoF and DBZ) have better energy system than this game

You don't have to wait six hours to play.
    Go to store, a full energy refill costs only 30 units, and I'm surprised no one still have mentioned it.
    If you don't have units either, just grind half an hour of arena, which will net you at least 30 units (maybe more if you are lucky with arena crystals) and buy a refill.
    Waiting six hours is a choice you are making, not something that the game forces you to do.
    Also recently Kabam reduced monthly EQ consumption significantly.
    If you read my posts history, I'm critical against Kabam on many things.
    But on the energy economy, Kabam has done a great job.
    If you had used the time you spent creating and responding to this post in the game (arena), you would already had energy refills in your stash, rather than complains and frustration 😉

I did the arena rewards so no units.

Not only that I like collecting and testing out Champions so it slap to the face when I have wait 6+ hour to play with my Champions I work to get.
    ahmynuts said:

Super2023 said:

ahmynuts said:

Also OP, NEVER play any other gacha game ever if you think the energy system in this game is bad

I play Dokkan Battle and its energy system is way better. Because every time you move in the event it doesn't consume energy but instead getting into the event consume energy

I like how everyone is dislike and never give a good reason why this energy system isn't horrible.

It's not like reduce the number of minutes it takes to get full energy back is a bad idea.
    I have played Dokkan in the past and it is NOT better than this lol. Dumping the energy on entering a stage is awful game design

Also reducing the energy timer is a paid sigil privilege
    That f'd
    DNA3000 said:

Super2023 said:

You're not meant to be able to go non-stop without a significant cost. Patience is a dieing virtue in this game

I understand but 6+ hours isn't crazy. I don't think you understand the post why I'm punish for moving in game to finish this exploration rewards. And they have long pathway that is horrible.

I understand not want to play to go non-stop but waiting for damn near the whole day all for it to be gone in seconds isn't stupid?
    There are games that do not use energy in the way this one does, but those games have entirely different ways of balancing their game. This game is one that uses energy in that way, and you cannot transplant those kinds of mechanics into this game.

There are games where, like you say, the costs are leveled up front, but then the entire game including its content and reward systems are balanced around those mechanics. If you did that here, all sorts of things would break or go otherwise awry. In fact, even this game does create content that sometimes doesn't have energy costs - some side quests are like that for example. But even here, that content is balanced around those zero energy costs. Things like monthly quests are not.

Waiting all day for energy that you can spend in seconds would be stupid, but this game doesn't do that. The problem with hyperbole is that it never actually works in your favor, and yet people keep using it like it does.
    It's not hyperbole it does take all my energy.
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

Super2023 said:

I have to wait 6 HOURS to get my **** refilled and everyone is either saying "I got energies" or saying "You never play a gacha game" which funny since most gacha game I like (KoF and DBZ) have better energy system than this game

You don't have to wait six hours to play.
    Go to store, a full energy refill costs only 30 units, and I'm surprised no one still have mentioned it.
    If you don't have units either, just grind half an hour of arena, which will net you at least 30 units (maybe more if you are lucky with arena crystals) and buy a refill.
    Waiting six hours is a choice you are making, not something that the game forces you to do.
    Also recently Kabam reduced monthly EQ consumption significantly.
    If you read my posts history, I'm critical against Kabam on many things.
    But on the energy economy, Kabam has done a great job.
    If you had used the time you spent creating and responding to this post in the game (arena), you would already had energy refills in your stash, rather than complains and frustration 😉

Yes, I do have to wait 6 hours

6 minutes for 1 energy

360 seconds is in 6 minutes

I have --/58 Energy

58 * 360 seconds =

20,880 seconds

20,880 seconds in hours come out to

5.8 hours

All for what to waste it all away in one quest and still not get it done :unamused:
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,353 ★★★★
    As I tried to explain before, it’s just a newbie problem cause your Energy MAX is lower than ours … so even if you use refills, they are refilling way less than ours.

But we all went through that and explored low Energy Cost missions first to reach MAX Level and so on. You are probably doing the wrong content for your progress.

Start with fully exploring Act 1-5 and use XP Boosts to reach MAX first, then head to Act 6+
  • Options
    InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 317 ★★
    Guy reached level 40 with breeze doing content with low energy cost and now hit the roadblock. Over excited to do content, tried arena felt boring, got frustrated by not having energy and now here crying and blaming game and real life balance system.
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 848 ★★★★
    buy sigil it makes you recover energy faster :D
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    You should try to complete acts before exploring them 4 hours crystals give a lot of energy at higher lever so You could hoard them for later
  • Options

Guy reached level 40 with breeze doing content with low energy cost and now hit the roadblock. Over excited to do content, tried arena felt boring, got frustrated by not having energy and now here crying and blaming game and real life balance system.

Criticizing = Crying and blaming

Doesn't matter anymore I got what I want anyways.

Plus, it not my fault for breezing through content, I was literally just playing the games.

It's been years since I played MCOC and I now just returning to play it and I see how they improve game.

Y'all only argument against was me literally me playing the game how it was most likely tended.
  • Options
    Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Posts: 94
    ahmynuts said:

I'm almost embarrassed at how many full energy refills I've had in stash expire - If you keep playing the game you'll start to have more energy than you know what to do with

Bro fr I consistently have 10 or more expiring in the stash. Not even the 7 for 7 challenge took me below full inventory
    How do you guys have so many refills? I grind arena, I play in an active alliance and I still dont have them overflowing. Most I have at once is about 5. I dont even use them so I dont know where theyre going apart from when I did the seven for seven and 8.3.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,224 ★★★★★
    Yukzii_II said:

ahmynuts said:

I'm almost embarrassed at how many full energy refills I've had in stash expire - If you keep playing the game you'll start to have more energy than you know what to do with

Bro fr I consistently have 10 or more expiring in the stash. Not even the 7 for 7 challenge took me below full inventory
    How do you guys have so many refills? I grind arena, I play in an active alliance and I still dont have them overflowing. Most I have at once is about 5. I dont even use them so I dont know where theyre going apart from when I did the seven for seven and 8.3.
    I wish I actually had the answer to this. They just show up and idk how they get there lmao. 8.3 took me down to 10 so we'll have to see how long it takes for another to pop up in my overflow.
  • Options
    Jaycray81Jaycray81 Posts: 370 ★★
    Bro chill. Put the phone down and enjoy life for 6 hours. Energy is the one resource that isn't difficult to get.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Yukzii_II said:

ahmynuts said:

I wish I actually had the answer to this. They just show up and idk how they get there lmao. 8.3 took me down to 10 so we'll have to see how long it takes for another to pop up in my overflow.
    We get some during summoner engagement and advancement, plus a couple if you have the sigil I think. That’s like 6 refills a week minimum for me, plus if I recall correctly you get some from the login calendar

• Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★
    DUHveed said:

ahmynuts said:

Yukzii_II said:

ahmynuts said:

We get some during summoner engagement and advancement, plus a couple if you have the sigil I think. That’s like 6 refills a week minimum for me, plus if I recall correctly you get some from the login calendar

And occasionally from the 4-hour crystal and arena crystals
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,620 ★★★★★
    Have you tried long runs and swimming? Works really good