Kabam ๐Ÿ‘ on the 2 new Native American champs incoming..now how about some Muslim/Arab champions

13ยป

Comments

• ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 444 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Ruwqiersa said:

flapjax said:

It's always funny how the "representation doesn't matter" crowd are always the ones constantly posting in every thread and arguing with everyone about it.

If it truly didn't matter to you, why would you spend so much time and effort posting about it.

I mean im kinda disappointed that we could have got a cooler ghostrider if pushing diversity wasnt a thing. And a cooler looking kabam original
    A Ghostrider whoโ€™s also sorcerer supremeโ€ฆ doesnโ€™t get much cooler than that
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited October 2023

nuance is dead so i'll just say this.

do you notice the bickering, hostility, mistrust, and uneasiness in this thread and others like it? or more importantly in society in general? this is what identity politics does. it creates division, resentment, hostility, and tribalism.

and it's a feature, not a bug....

it's goal is to foment resentment, balkanize society, and weaken it and society's obsession with meaningless identity categories will be our downfall.

we used to ignore any differences and celebrate commonalities....now identity is at the forefront and everyone's at each other's' throats.

@Kabam Miike found another one
    nice try. there's nothing there that's bannable or wrong.

you read my post the way you wanted to, which was to go in pre-offended and read things out of context.

"meaningless identity categories" means that organizing society primarily around identity and then focusing on it to the point where it degrades social cohesion (like it already has) is a mistake. identity matters but not it's not up at the front. what matters are our commonalities that bind us all despite any differences.

thanks for proving my point that nuance is dead.
    You called people asking for representation in a video game, divisive identity politics, pal ๐Ÿ’€
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

do you notice the bickering, hostility, mistrust, and uneasiness in this thread and others like it? or more importantly in society in general? this is what identity politics does. it creates division, resentment, hostility, and tribalism.

it's goal is to foment resentment, balkanize society, and weaken it and society's obsession with meaningless identity categories will be our downfall.

we used to ignore any differences and celebrate commonalities....now identity is at the forefront and everyone's at each other's' throats.

you read my post the way you wanted to, which was to go in pre-offended and read things out of context.

"meaningless identity categories" means that organizing society primarily around identity and then focusing on it to the point where it degrades social cohesion (like it already has) is a mistake. identity matters but not it's not up at the front. what matters are our commonalities that bind us all despite any differences.

You called people asking for representation in a video game, divisive identity politics, pal ๐Ÿ’€
    as i suspected, people won't read what i wrote and just substitute in their own ideas and argue against that. this won't be a productive conversation so i'm out.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

as i suspected, people won't read what i wrote and just substitute in their own ideas and argue against that. this won't be a productive conversation so i'm out.
    Then what are you even trying to argue here? Representation was literally the whole point of this thread, if it bothers you so much that other people care about representation (we're all different, some care, some don't) then yes leave, nobody wants you here lol.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Then what are you even trying to argue here?
    Representation was literally the whole point of this thread, if it bothers you so much that other people care about representation (we're all different, some care, some don't) then yes leave, nobody wants you here lol.
    you don't know yet you continue strawmanning? i'm out, this is not gonna go anywhere.
  • KalantakKalantak Member Posts: 1,300 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

• RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

The resentment, hostility, and tribalism is already there, and that's what gets uncovered when anyone suggests the slightest hint of inclusivity. For as long as I can remember, people who are ostracized, marginalized, and silenced have been met with violent opposition because their existence threatens the blissful ignorance that exists within the minds of those who would much rather stay closed-minded than grow and evolve as an accepting society.
    Fortunately, they have the luxury of being passive-aggressive and subversive these days. That tells me a great deal. Change has come. More will follow.
    There are other places where the pushback is not so coy. It's murderous and violent and overt. I'm grateful we can have such discussions on a forum because even now, other parts of the world aren't as civil.
    All of this may seem dramatic for a game, but the heart of it all is the same. People who refuse to accept the growing and changing world we're living in today. Indifference is worse than hate. Saying it isn't an issue, it doesn't matter, it's all for show, all of these arguments are based on the same ignorance.
    I'm glad that change comes regardless, and these views are few and far between these days. MCOC will always be an accepting and welcoming part of the gaming community. Whether people like it or not.
    Or maybe you might come off ass slightly annoying when you say "add X character cuz they are a WOMAN" or black or whatever. You are not a revolutionary warrior you think you are. At least you dont seem like it when you try to adress sociopolitical issues by saying add this character to x mobile game and make their race the selling point.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Welcome to the Internet. First time?
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Member Posts: 350 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Ruwqiersa said:

The resentment, hostility, and tribalism is already there, and that's what gets uncovered when anyone suggests the slightest hint of inclusivity. For as long as I can remember, people who are ostracized, marginalized, and silenced have been met with violent opposition because their existence threatens the blissful ignorance that exists within the minds of those who would much rather stay closed-minded than grow and evolve as an accepting society.
    Fortunately, they have the luxury of being passive-aggressive and subversive these days. That tells me a great deal. Change has come. More will follow.
    There are other places where the pushback is not so coy. It's murderous and violent and overt. I'm grateful we can have such discussions on a forum because even now, other parts of the world aren't as civil.
    All of this may seem dramatic for a game, but the heart of it all is the same. People who refuse to accept the growing and changing world we're living in today. Indifference is worse than hate. Saying it isn't an issue, it doesn't matter, it's all for show, all of these arguments are based on the same ignorance.
    I'm glad that change comes regardless, and these views are few and far between these days. MCOC will always be an accepting and welcoming part of the gaming community. Whether people like it or not.
    Or maybe you might come off ass slightly annoying when you say "add X character cuz they are a WOMAN" or black or whatever. You are not a revolutionary warrior you think you are. At least you dont seem like it when you try to adress sociopolitical issues by saying add this character to x mobile game and make their race the selling point.
    Or maybe you come off as slightly annoying when you've never experienced even a sliver of adversity or struggle in your entire life over something you were born into but yet you wanna preach from the rooftops and project to everyone else why representation "is pointless/meaningless".....

The sheer lack of awareness is astounding.

Did you read Miike's response to the other thread that he had to close? If you haven't, please go read it. And yes, you can read it as if he's speaking to you directly.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,608 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Cloak and Dagger was referenced in this month dialogue even tho Elsa said daggers instead of dagger but close enough to reference them lol.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Ruwqiersa said:

Or maybe you come off as slightly annoying when you've never experienced even a sliver of adversity or struggle in your entire life over something you were born into but yet you wanna preach from the rooftops and project to everyone else why representation "is pointless/meaningless".....

Did you read Miike's response to the other thread that he had to close? If you haven't, please go read it. And yes, you can read it as if he's speaking to you directly.
    Kinda arrogant comment fam, I've been discriminated for various reasons since I remember, strange country, weird name, different race, and I dont feel the need of being represented anywhere and its pointless to me, I guess not everyone feels the same way about this things.

Its kinda the same way Morgan Freeman talked about being black, its not everything he is, I feel the same way about this things, I personally dont need representation because im from X place that nobody knows or nobody is in comics, games, movies, etc, because its not the only thing that defines me as a person, obviously I respect the people that wants to be represented but you have to understand that there will be people that dont understand the need of this things because they could not feel the same way even in the same situations
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited October 2023
    Things are getting a bit too far and too serious over a game.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Things are getting a bit too far and too serious over a game.

True, let things be as they want to be, its senseless to get annoyed by this things, and the people that are not getting a new version of the character they like, fams, it is what it is, it would happen the same with any other release that wasnt dedicated to diversity, you'll have to wait for that other version of Ghost Rider
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Ruwqiersa said:

Did you just tell me i dont know what racism is? Im not saying people dont get discriminated because of their characteristics that they cant control. I said i cant see the point in trying to solve that issue by releasing champs and focusing on their race.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Just because it's not an issue for you doesn't mean it's not an issue for others, or an issue in general.
    Also, it's pretty minimizing to imply the only thing the Champ has going on is that they're of Native descent.
This discussion has been closed.