It is clear now that mcoc designers hate mutant class

HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★
We only got 1 mutant in like 20 months and that is dani moonstar who is just an ok attacker with no defensive use or immunities. I was hopful that balance will make her a better attacker but no, only small change to counter Nick fury better which is good but not enough she needs a lot of numbers update.

Every class has gotten better with new mechanics and we get new mutants with same old prowess which a lot of tech champs can counter with ease both on defence and offense.

Coming to the next potential mutant champ we can get Onslaught. It is said that he will be a defender which disappoints me alot in the time where there is scarcity in mutant class they should have made him a two way champ with defensive capabilities. Cause I fear he will also be reliant on prowess and tech champs will play field game with him. This I can't say for sure it is possible Onslaught will be awesome which is good, but if he doesn't get to the top 5 mutants atleast, then it further proves that mcoc designers hate mutant class.

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★
    We still got another mutant with onslaught yet that could be offensive they make champs offensive or defensive some are balanced to be both
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★
    Should have said mcoc designers are not designing mutant class well instead of "hate". They are either outright not giving new champs or using the same old abilities and giving mid champs is what I meant
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    I don’t think they hate the mutant class, they just wanted to balance things out. But yeah, I honestly think mutant isn’t the best class rn. They’ve added way more great science/mystic/cosmics and I think skill outclasses it too. Still a good class with champs like Bishop, Domino, AA, Kitty, and Dani
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 931 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    It's not the designers fault or alleged hatred, it's Nimrod. With the exception of 2(I think)champions, he demolishes the entire class. I imagine it would difficult to develop a mutant that stays true to the class & abilities, yet not be more food for him
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Clear as the water around New York (it's the color of radioactive waste)

Are u happy with how mutant class is right now? IMO it is the worst class in the game right now. It needs so much love and I feel designers are not giving the love the class needs right now.
    The mutant class is still fine tbh. They haven't needed anything in a long time. The only thing they need now is a counter to nimrod. They're still broken op with Apoc and Prof X. Not to mention AA, the magnetos and the cable synergy. Sheesh
    So you mean mutant is not the worst class, lol. Every class is evolving with new abilities look at cosmic class with nullify immunity and correspondingly the opposite class also evolves like neutralize in mystics. But mutant class is still stuck with old abilities. We need more mutants with new abilities that other than prowess which are hard countered by tech. They had chance with dani but went with the prowess and she turned to be just an ok attacker. Also you can't use apoc or prof x in bgs which is most important mode in the game now, so I think mutant class needs a lot to catch up with.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

People seem to.forget that for the longest time mutant was the absolute best class. And even with the other classes catching up, it's still one of the best.

This guy gets it
    Buttehrs said:

People seem to.forget that for the longest time mutant was the absolute best class. And even with the other classes catching up, it's still one of the best.

So we should boycott cosmic and science class as they are best class rn?
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★

Buttehrs said:

Yes
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

No. It's called give it time and other classes catch up or get better. Also, mystics would like a word with you.
    ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

This guy gets it
    I disagree. New champs with new abilities are always needed especially with other classes evolving if will be difficult for mutant class to be useful with old abilities.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

No. It's called give it time and other classes catch up or get better. Also, mystics would like a word with you.
    Last champ we got before dani is mar 2022. This is too much of time

Also sticking with same old abilities even after this big of a gap is disappointing
    Its not too much time. There's literally thousands of other characters to add that aren't mutants. There was a time we only got one science champ in two years as well. It all evens out. This is the last thing to cry about in game.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    edited October 2023

It's not the designers fault or alleged hatred, it's Nimrod. With the exception of 2(I think)champions, he demolishes the entire class. I imagine it would difficult to develop a mutant that stays true to the class & abilities, yet not be more food for him

I imagine a mutant who is shock immune, energy vulnerability or Cowardice immune, and has a similar mechanic like AbsMan where they reduce Unstoppable, Unblockable, etc by 90% duration would be a pretty good Nimrod counter since they don’t want to let him be magnetized.
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Last champ we got before dani is mar 2022. This is too much of time

Also sticking with same old abilities even after this big of a gap is disappointing
    Its not too much time. There's literally thousands of other characters to add that aren't mutants. There was a time we only got one science champ in two years as well. It all evens out. This is the last thing to cry about in game.
    This will cause a lot of problems with how classes interact with each other. Just look at tech class and how good it has become to deal with mutant class. If we didn't get neutralize and new cosmics get nullify immunity that also causes a void. It is never a good idea to stop new champs in a class. Every class should evolve.

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

This guy gets it
    I disagree. New champs with new abilities are always needed especially with other classes evolving if will be difficult for mutant class to be useful with old abilities.
    Why?

Wolverine is one of the first Mutants released. His abilities haven't changed and he's amazing.

Rogue hasn't changed a bit and she's a very good champion.

Archangel hasn't changed a bit and is one of the best Mutant champs out there even without being a horseman.

Do you think Dominos effectiveness will diminish? It's been 5 years and she's one of the most sought after Mutant champions.
    I am not saying older champs are not worthy. I am saying that class relations are evolving and it is not good if one class doesn't get new champs for a long time and tech class has gotten so good at dealing with mutants and that should change and it can only change if new abilities are introduced.

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

This guy gets it
    Why?

Wolverine is one of the first Mutants released. His abilities haven't changed and he's amazing.

Archangel hasn't changed a bit and is one of the best Mutant champs out there even without being a horseman.

Do you think Dominos effectiveness will diminish? It's been 5 years and she's one of the most sought after Mutant champions.
    Just because old champs are good doesn't mean we don't need new champs or new abilities.

Void is a great champs doesn't mean we didn't need scorpion, titania and all the busted science champs we have now.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

This guy gets it
    Why?

I am not saying older champs are not worthy. I am saying that class relations are evolving and it is not good if one class doesn't get new champs for a long time and tech class has gotten so good at dealing with mutants and that should change and it can only change if new abilities are introduced.
    You have a few select champs that are meant to hard counter mutants. Your arguments just don't make sense.