It is clear now that mcoc designers hate mutant class

Comments

• HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

People seem to.forget that for the longest time mutant was the absolute best class. And even with the other classes catching up, it's still one of the best.

This guy gets it
    I disagree. New champs with new abilities are always needed especially with other classes evolving if will be difficult for mutant class to be useful with old abilities.
    Why?

Wolverine is one of the first Mutants released. His abilities haven't changed and he's amazing.

Rogue hasn't changed a bit and she's a very good champion.

Archangel hasn't changed a bit and is one of the best Mutant champs out there even without being a horseman.

Do you think Dominos effectiveness will diminish? It's been 5 years and she's one of the most sought after Mutant champions.
    I am not saying older champs are not worthy. I am saying that class relations are evolving and it is not good if one class doesn't get new champs for a long time and tech class has gotten so good at dealing with mutants and that should change and it can only change if new abilities are introduced.
    You have a few select champs that are meant to hard counter mutants. Your arguments just don't make sense.
    By your logic every class has good champs should be just stop releasing new champs
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

People seem to.forget that for the longest time mutant was the absolute best class. And even with the other classes catching up, it's still one of the best.

This guy gets it
    I disagree. New champs with new abilities are always needed especially with other classes evolving if will be difficult for mutant class to be useful with old abilities.
    Why?

Wolverine is one of the first Mutants released. His abilities haven't changed and he's amazing.

Archangel hasn't changed a bit and is one of the best Mutant champs out there even without being a horseman.

Do you think Dominos effectiveness will diminish? It's been 5 years and she's one of the most sought after Mutant champions.
    I am not saying older champs are not worthy. I am saying that class relations are evolving and it is not good if one class doesn't get new champs for a long time and tech class has gotten so good at dealing with mutants and that should change and it can only change if new abilities are introduced.
    You have a few select champs that are meant to hard counter mutants. Your arguments just don't make sense.
    By your logic every class has good champs should be just stop releasing new champs
    Mmmmk

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

This guy gets it
    Why?

Every class has some good champs doesn't mean we shouldn't get new champs in those classes. Only with new abilities and new interactions u can keep the game intresting. Also 1 or 2 tech champs countering whole mutant class is very bad thing if u ask me. More the reason for introducing new mutant champs with different abilities than the ones which are hard countered by the select few champs.
    Kabam Jax said:

I asked the lead of our champ design team if they hated the mutant class, they said this... and I quote!

"What? No. I love them, they're my favourite"

Then why do we have mutant drought and the one mutant we got in 20 months was just an ok one with same prowess mechanic
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

This guy gets it
    Why?

Every class has some good champs doesn't mean we shouldn't get new champs in those classes. Only with new abilities and new interactions u can keep the game intresting. Also 1 or 2 tech champs countering whole mutant class is very bad thing if u ask me. More the reason for introducing new mutant champs with different abilities than the ones which are hard countered by the select few champs.
    I never said we shouldn't get new Mutant champs. You said "it will be difficult for mutant class to be useful with old abilities". The champs I listed have "old abilities" and are still very much relevant. We're getting Onslaught in December as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

I asked the lead of our champ design team if they hated the mutant class, they said this... and I quote!

Then why do we have mutant drought and the one mutant we got in 20 months was just an ok one with same prowess mechanic
    This has shifted many times over the years, and it will continue to shift. There was a time when Mutant was the highest Class, and most produced. Then it was Mystic, Science, etc.
    It's shifted, and it will continue to shift. There's no big hate train. It's just the current tally.

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

This guy gets it
    Why?

I never said we shouldn't get new Mutant champs. You said "it will be difficult for mutant class to be useful with old abilities". The champs I listed have "old abilities" and are still very much relevant. We're getting Onslaught in December as well.
    Older champs will always have place in the contest I am just saying with other classes evolving mutant class should also come with newer abilities to be relevant.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,338 ★★★★★
    It is true that we haven’t been getting mutants proportionally with the other classes recently. This could be, in part, because we used to have way more mutants than other classes. As it stands right now, including trophy champions, there are in the game:

44 Science
    43 Skill
    41 Mutant
    48 Cosmic
    41 Tech
    40 Mystic

Mutants will come back. They just had to take a backseat for a while because we had so many of them. For the same reason, I wouldn’t expect to see a ton of cosmic champs in the coming year.

I’ve also seen a couple comments here that the mutant class needs an answer to Nimrod. Why? It makes sense to say “the tech class needs an answer to Magneto” because tech has class advantage over magneto and so there should be good matchups there. The inverse is not true. Why should mutants have a good answer to a tech champ?

That’s like arguing that mystics need more Human Torch counters. Why? Just don’t fight Torch with mystics and don’t fight Nimrod with mutants. Very easy pitfall to avoid.
    We need more Korg counters and CGR counters. Lol.
    A Duped R2 Korg in BGs is anxiety-evoking.
    That, and there isn't much Defense that CGR doesn't blow through.
    edited October 2023
    Wicket329 said:

It is true that we haven’t been getting mutants proportionally with the other classes recently. This could be, in part, because we used to have way more mutants than other classes. As it stands right now, including trophy champions, there are in the game:

44 Science
    43 Skill
    41 Mutant
    48 Cosmic
    41 Tech
    40 Mystic

Mutants will come back. They just had to take a backseat for a while because we had so many of them. For the same reason, I wouldn’t expect to see a ton of cosmic champs in the coming year.

I’ve also seen a couple comments here that the mutant class needs an answer to Nimrod. Why? It makes sense to say “the tech class needs an answer to Magneto” because tech has class advantage over magneto and so there should be good matchups there. The inverse is not true. Why should mutants have a good answer to a tech champ?

That’s like arguing that mystics need more Human Torch counters. Why? Just don’t fight Torch with mystics and don’t fight Nimrod with mutants. Very easy pitfall to avoid.

Mutant trophy champs are all deadpools right except weapon x.

Because we didn't have any mutants for a while tech class has become very good at dealing with mutants. So new mutants should come who will not be hard countered by nimrod by default. Human torch is still the mystic slayer butystic champs with high block penetration and all hinder his use.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 783 ★★★★
    mutants were arguably the best class after kitty in 2021 but after adding champs like galan and hulking to cosmic, seeing no major updates in two years, and being countered more by more techs, mutants are not as relevant these days.

That we are getting more than mutant champs actually.

That we are getting more than mutant champs actually.
    They could always kill 2 birds with one stone. 😆
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Member Posts: 546 ★★★
    I have to disagree.
    The problem is that they've basically done everyone they could.
    Well, aside from Mystique, Pyro, Blob, Onslaught(hes coming I CANT WAIT), Blink, Armor, Cannonball, Grizzly, Abyss, Sugarman...
    ...Look my point is that Apocalypse's existence is why I have to disagree.
    If you've played around with Apocalypse with Professor X and any mutant... you'd understand why I disagree.
    Now, in terms of release schedule, yeah it does feel that way a bit, but I can imagine that's why its been so slow.
    They're gearing us for Onslaught, who's gonna be the heaviest hitting mutant and the biggest supporting mutant.
    Then again, December champs usually are one and can be the biggest hit(SPIDERHAM WOOOO) or the biggest miss(Kraven...)
    But I have faith in Onslaught.
    It's bloody Onslaught.
    Dude was literally the boss of MVC1.

Well I just went on a tangent there.
    But I think you get my point.
    Hate is a strong word.
    If they truly hated the mutant class, Apocalypse and Professor X would've had their supporting abilities nerfed long ago.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Older champs will always have place in the contest I am just saying with other classes evolving mutant class should also come with newer abilities to be relevant.

You seem to be ignoring that the designers are granting Mutant class new abilities, so they aren't just recycling things.

Toad got a brand new Paralytic Poison passive. Dani got the brand new Marked and Neuroshock abilities.

Skill class got the new ability Tranquilize, but upon release people kind of wrote off Mantis.

You may not think it is good enough, but it is still proof that the designers are adding things to the Mutant class.

I have to disagree.
    Well, aside from Mystique, Pyro, Blob, Onslaught(hes coming I CANT WAIT), Blink, Armor, Cannonball, Grizzly, Abyss, Sugarman...
    If you've played around with Apocalypse with Professor X and any mutant... you'd understand why I disagree.
    Now, in terms of release schedule, yeah it does feel that way a bit, but I can imagine that's why its been so slow.
    They're gearing us for Onslaught, who's gonna be the heaviest hitting mutant and the biggest supporting mutant.
    Then again, December champs usually are one and can be the biggest hit(SPIDERHAM WOOOO) or the biggest miss(Kraven...)
    It's bloody Onslaught.

Hate is a strong word.
    If they truly hated the mutant class, Apocalypse and Professor X would've had their supporting abilities nerfed long ago.

I shouldn't have used the word "hate", can't edit now tho. I think designers are outright not giving new mutant champs or not designing them well like with dani. They can't just tune down stuff like that and apoc and prof x are not relevant in the most important game mode that is bgs.
    altavista said:

You seem to be ignoring that the designers are granting Mutant class new abilities, so they aren't just recycling things.

Toad got a brand new Paralytic Poison passive. Dani got the brand new Marked and Neuroshock abilities.

Skill class got the new ability Tranquilize, but upon release people kind of wrote off Mantis.

You may not think it is good enough, but it is still proof that the designers are adding things to the Mutant class.
    Both toad and dani are dependent on prowess they can explore in better way, take Colossus buff as example
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,944 ★★★★★
    Quest designers must hate them too, mutant is the only class that suffers a penalty in the Cerastes fight 😂

altavista said:

Both toad and dani are dependent on prowess they can explore in better way, take Colossus buff as example
    I am saying other classes are doing better exploring things see nimrod his armor can't be broken, galan buffs can't be nullified

I have to disagree.
    It's bloody Onslaught.

Hate is a strong word.

I was putting my hopes on Onslaught as well, but after learning he is gonna be defender my hopes got reduced. Hoping he will be rivaling domino havoc and bishop for best mutant defender spot. And should be decent on attack atleast. Bit sceptical with design team after seeing them ignore mutants for so long.
  • DRTODRTO Member Posts: 1,652 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

I feel like the same has been said for basically every class, there was a mystic drought at the beginning, and tech was the most recent drought before your so called "mutant drought". These things happen, but mutant class is stacked with plenty of good options and I'm sure more op mutants will come down the line.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,882 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

He's not 'new', but Iceman is worth a second look after his rebalance.

Like others have said: droughts have happened before. Mutants will shine again 😉
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Member Posts: 1,937 ★★★★★
    It's not that they hate the class, it's just they're hard to balance (largely due to Nimrod's existence) at this state of the game, leading to less new additions.
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,475 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Apocalypse keeping the mutant class in check from obscurity
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    Worst anti-mutant groups - Kabam devs don’t even crack the top 10

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-worst-anti-mutant-groups-ranked-marvel
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,541 ★★★★
    Mutants. Who needs 'em?

Always dying off en masse. Sad!

And it's usually this guy's fault.

Boo hoo. Suck it up, baldy.

Why should kabam care about mutants when we're in a never-ending cycle of mutant reboot/birth?

Give it a minute. Mutants will be back. It's their thing.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    There is always a class that hasn't had some love in awhile. It's just the nature of the game. We'll get a bunch of good mutants at some point and some other class will look neglected.