It is clear now that mcoc designers hate mutant class

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★
    Also, the game team just hasn't added any mutants lately due to reasons that aren't important and you just gotta deal with it. They'll come when they want them to. Not when you think they should.
  • Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 369 ★★★
    We don’t need new mutants, just buff the turd ones like both cyclops, beast, psylocke ect.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,163 ★★★★★
    Where's cup of my tea. 😎
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★

It's not that they hate the class, it's just they're hard to balance (largely due to Nimrod's existence) at this state of the game, leading to less new additions.

Ignoring the issue is not the solution, they should deal with the issue
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited October 2023

Both toad and dani are dependent on prowess they can explore in better way, take Colossus buff as example

I see what you are saying, but Colossus is kind of a one-off. He is like one of those champions that has the abilities of another class, but it doesn't represent abilities that will define their class. In this case, he has the Armor buff that is representative of the Tech class, and utilizes the number of Armor buffs like how Cosmic class bases thing on buffs.

There certainly is room for new Mutant champions to have non-Mutant class abilities, but I wouldn't expect that to become a core design philosophy for Mutants going forward. It doesn't help that Magneto already exists that counteracts the Tech class. For example, a Mutant with a neutralize ability (which could counteract Tech and Nimrod's ability to gain armor ups) could be seen, but it would likely be a one-off.

• TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,768 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Bruh the mutant class is stacked with some of the best champs in the game. You must not be using them right.

Storm is super underrated
    VERY. Her buff was one of the best in the game, and made her a god tier champ, or a top mutant. Some of these players don't know what they're talking about lol
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Clear as the water around New York (it's the color of radioactive waste)

Are u happy with how mutant class is right now? IMO it is the worst class in the game right now. It needs so much love and I feel designers are not giving the love the class needs right now.
    The mutant class is still fine tbh. They haven't needed anything in a long time. The only thing they need now is a counter to nimrod. They're still broken op with Apoc and Prof X. Not to mention AA, the magnetos and the cable synergy. Sheesh
    Apoc, Prof X and synergies. If this is what makes the mutant class “fine” in your eyes, we are playing different games.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Member Posts: 734 ★★★
    Did I miss an announcement where Kabam said they will not be releasing mutant champs anymore.

Also, many people consider Kitty the best champ in the entire game.
    altavista said:

Both toad and dani are dependent on prowess they can explore in better way, take Colossus buff as example

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Are u happy with how mutant class is right now? IMO it is the worst class in the game right now. It needs so much love and I feel designers are not giving the love the class needs right now.
    The mutant class is still fine tbh. They haven't needed anything in a long time. The only thing they need now is a counter to nimrod. They're still broken op with Apoc and Prof X. Not to mention AA, the magnetos and the cable synergy. Sheesh
    Apoc, Prof X and synergies. If this is what makes the mutant class “fine” in your eyes, we are playing different games.
    Considering that's literally all you even need from the mutant class to clear almost any content in game, yes its fine. Any other mutants you use would be overkill.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,308 ★★★★
    edited October 2023

I have to disagree.
    The problem is that they've basically done everyone they could.
    Well, aside from Mystique, Pyro, Blob, Onslaught(hes coming I CANT WAIT), Blink, Armor, Cannonball, Grizzly, Abyss, Sugarman...

This is an absolutely CRAZY assessment to make when in reality, there are probably more Mutant characters in Marvel comics than ANY other class. They're an entire culture. The characters you mentioned feel like they started and ended with the 90's animated series or AoA.

99% of X-Factor, X-Force, New X-Men Academy X, Generation Hope, Generation X, and more and more are not in the game.

In addition to the one's you mentioned, you've got Multiple Man, Wolfsbane, Polaris, M, Strong Guy, Banshee, Siryn, Sunfire, Warpath, Husk, Synch, Surge, Hellion, Empath, Wither, Shatterstar, Rictor, Selene, Madelyne Pryor, Shadowking, Rasputin IV, Nanny, Kwannon, Wiz Kid, Sage, Dazzler, Forge, Anole, Wallflower, Legion, Pixie, Mother Righteous, Elixir, Tarot, Dust, Meggan, Rachel, Marrow, Bei, Isca, Daken, Hope, Northstar, Idie, Mercury, Glob, Broo, and the list goes on and on and on.

Heck, in that category alone you could use Sage, Surge, Forge, and Wiz Kid as potential Mutant class characters that Nimrod wouldn't immediatly be able to blast through.

The mutant class has A LOT of untapped potential.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★
    Mystique must come to The Contest one way or another. She just must! 😆
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,882 ★★★★★

It's not that they hate the class, it's just they're hard to balance (largely due to Nimrod's existence) at this state of the game, leading to less new additions.

We don’t need new mutants, just buff the turd ones like both cyclops, beast, psylocke ect.

If only there was some way they could sort both these issues at the same time...

Cyclops (Rework)

The leader of the X-men, Cyclops's tactical skills are legendary. Cyclops inflicts ever-increasing stacks of Armour break on the opponent, eventually reducing even the strongest-armoured opponent to dust.
    This Cyclops may not be a full answer to Nimrod/Sentinel when defending (that'll be tricky - we might need to wait for Onslaught or Exodus!); but he should have little trouble strategically taking them down when used on Attack. Damage-wise, he'll ramp steadily in longer fights - probably not a BG champion!

Attack 2301
    Health 31398

Tactical takedown

Cyclops uses his optic blasts to decisive effect, wearing down his opponents defenses and enhancing his basic attacks with stacking Armour Breaks.
    • When Armour Break debuffs expire, they have a 70% chance to be replaced with a permanent Armour Break passive, which reduces Armour rating by 120. Chance reduced by a flat -10% against Tech opponents, or increased by a flat +20% if the Armour Break is Purified by a Skill champion. Max stacks 20.
      Inflicting an Armour break passive does not remove a stack of Armour.
    • For each Armour break effect or Fragility debuff on the opponent, Cyclops gains +85 critical rating, armour penetration and block penetration. These benefits are increased by 100% on Beam attacks.
    • Each Armour Break on the opponent reduces the Ability Accuracy and Potency* of new Armour Up effects by 5% (max -90%).
    • If an Armour break is prevented by an Immunity, Cyclops has a 70% chance to inflict stacking Fragility debuffs of equal duration. When attacking a Fragile opponent, increase Critical Damage Rating by 350 and decrease their block proficiency by 30%.
    *Can't remove someone's Armour by breaking it? Cyke can still render that Armour almost useless...)

Prowess
    Cyclops builds indefinite Prowess Passives over time, one every nine seconds, to a maximum of ten. When Cyclops's Power is Burned or Locked, his Prowess gain is Paused for nine seconds.

Each Prowess passive grants +12% Attack to his Special attacks, and extends the duration of his Armour break debuffs by 10%. All Prowess are consumed at the end of any Special Attack.

If any of Cyclops's Prowess are removed in any way other than being consumed by him, Cyclops gains a burst of 5% Power.

Special attacks
    70% chance to trigger a Cruelty buff granting +1200 Critical Damage Modifier for 8 seconds.
    Beam attacks benefit from +750 Block penetration, and can inflict Critical hits through block.
    • SP1: Each beam has 75% chance to Armour Break (-950 armour for 7 seconds)
    • SP2: Each beam has 85% chance to Armour Break (-1550 armour for 9 seconds).
      If this attack hits the opponent, gain a +40% Energise buff lasting 12 seconds.
    • SP3: Inflict five stacks of Armour Break (each removing a stack of Armour, and reducing Armour Rating by -1250 for 12 seconds). Always holding back from unleashing his abilities against living opponents, Cyclops doesn't do this against #Robots, granting his SP3 +4602 Attack against them.
    Signature:
    Cyclops gains Prowess faster, reducing the time to gain Prowess to 5.0 seconds. Additionally, each Prowess increases the potency of his Armour break effects by 5%.
    Know any opponents who reduce the potency of your Armour Breaks effects? Not an insurmountable obstacle for this version of Cyclops...
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    He really forgot we still have AA kitty apoc mags Colossus iceman stryfe namor Dani toad havok storm domino bishop

And finally beast🤡
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,308 ★★★★

He really forgot we still have AA kitty apoc mags Colossus iceman stryfe namor Dani toad havok storm domino bishop

And finally beast🤡

I would really love to see some "fresh" and "new" faces though, as a counter to the nearly-complete Young Avengers and Champions lineup we've now gotten in the game.

Bring on the students!

I wanna be able to do this! lol

• DONZALOOG1234DONZALOOG1234 Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2023
    2017 had 1 science, 2018 had 1 mystic and 2020 had 1 tech. It's just mutants time.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,439 ★★★★★
    Well Onslaught is coming in December and that may change things up for Mutants, hopefully. And I am kind of happy that he will be a good defender because we may need more of those because as of now, Nimrod shreds 90% of the mutant class. But I also want Onslaught to be a good attacker as well
    EdisonLaw said:

Well Onslaught is coming in December and that may change things up for Mutants, hopefully. And I am kind of happy that he will be a good defender because we may need more of those because as of now, Nimrod shreds 90% of the mutant class. But I also want Onslaught to be a good attacker as well

I don't have hopes for onslaught after I knew he would be a defender. Kabam basically wants mutant class to be the worst. So they are just gonna use the same mutant abilities as 2 years ago and call it a day. They could have fixed the mistake with dani moonstar, but no they didn't. While all classes are evolving and giving such op champs, mutant is here not giving champs at all and if they give they are using same abilities as before and giving champs who are not relevant to the game at all. I don't think this will change with onslaught or anyother mutant champs, they should make mutants great again. Atleast give one champ who can be in top 5 champs released this year. To me dani won't even be in top 10.

2017 had 1 science, 2018 had 1 mystic and 2020 had 1 tech. It's just mutants time.

Just because it happened in the past does not mean it should happen again, kabam should learn from mistakes. They should make sure a certain number of champs come from each class every year, which they failed miserably. Again don't excuse this by pointing out past behaviour, which is wrong in itself.

And finally beast🤡

Just because we have old champs doesn't mean we don't need new mutants. We want new mutants with new and powerful abilities because all other classes are getting them and this leaves mutants behind. It is not good for class relationships.
    Wubbie075 said:

Did I miss an announcement where Kabam said they will not be releasing mutant champs anymore.

Also, many people consider Kitty the best champ in the entire game.

They didn't release for a long time and the one they released is just an ok champ with outdated abilities and not relevant to the game. I see no one using dani anywhere. That makes me wonder if they can't design mutants or if they delberately wants mutants to suck.
    Buttehrs said:

altavista said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Considering that's literally all you even need from the mutant class to clear almost any content in game, yes its fine. Any other mutants you use would be overkill.
    Apoc and prof x synergies don't work in bgs which are very important game mode. With story mode nerfed (it's not a difficult one is what I mean). I don't see where u can use these synergies which matter. Game is moving away from synergies and that is true. So mutant class should also adapt to that change which I am not seeing.
    edited October 2023
    altavista said:

I see what you are saying, but Colossus is kind of a one-off. He is like one of those champions that has the abilities of another class, but it doesn't represent abilities that will define their class. In this case, he has the Armor buff that is representative of the Tech class, and utilizes the number of Armor buffs like how Cosmic class bases thing on buffs.

There certainly is room for new Mutant champions to have non-Mutant class abilities, but I wouldn't expect that to become a core design philosophy for Mutants going forward. It doesn't help that Magneto already exists that counteracts the Tech class. For example, a Mutant with a neutralize ability (which could counteract Tech and Nimrod's ability to gain armor ups) could be seen, but it would likely be a one-off.

U can give mutants prowess which can't be removed. Don't know why all tech champs have that in their kit and aar immunity. They purposely made tech hard counter mutant sooo hard, this also make me think that they hate mutants. They should use capable designers to design mutant champs and give consistent good mutants, this shows that they love the class. Right now they are not doing either so makes me doubt if they dispise mutant class.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,807 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

People seem to.forget that for the longest time mutant was the absolute best class. And even with the other classes catching up, it's still one of the best.

This guy gets it
    I disagree. New champs with new abilities are always needed especially with other classes evolving if will be difficult for mutant class to be useful with old abilities.
    I disagree. Some stuff will remain useful, suxh as immunities, AAR or Prowess effects. Archangel has been one of the best champs for 6 years now, Apoc for 3 years, and buffed Magnetos 3 years as well.

Yes, the game evolves, but stuff like passive stun and AAR doesn't seem to decrease in usefulness
    Say you don't know anything about what your talking about without saying anything. You clearly are just talking out the other side of your butt here. Dani cery clearly added abilities that are relevant to the current meta as she neutralizes any immortality/2nd life. What other champs can do that? Certainly no mutants. And no, kabam doesn't have to make an equal number of champs per classes per year. There is no rule stating they must. Get over yourself.
    Kerneas said:

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

People seem to.forget that for the longest time mutant was the absolute best class. And even with the other classes catching up, it's still one of the best.

This guy gets it
    I disagree. New champs with new abilities are always needed especially with other classes evolving if will be difficult for mutant class to be useful with old abilities.
    I disagree. Some stuff will remain useful, suxh as immunities, AAR or Prowess effects. Archangel has been one of the best champs for 6 years now, Apoc for 3 years, and buffed Magnetos 3 years as well.

Yes, the game evolves, but stuff like passive stun and AAR doesn't seem to decrease in usefulness
    Ofcourse old abilities will be useful, but new abilities are needed is what I am saying. Like how cosmic class is getting nullify immunity and tech class got armor break immunity and a lot other things.
    Buttehrs said:

Say you don't know anything about what your talking about without saying anything. You clearly are just talking out the other side of your butt here. Dani cery clearly added abilities that are relevant to the current meta as she neutralizes any immortality/2nd life. What other champs can do that? Certainly no mutants. And no, kabam doesn't have to make an equal number of champs per classes per year. There is no rule stating they must. Get over yourself.

Not asking for equal but some what similar number it doesn't help anyone if one class doesn't get any champs in a year. Only 2 champs have that immortality thing going and she is not the best option for both of them. She can't even counter the champs that she is designed to counter effectively.

Buttehrs said:

Not asking for equal but some what similar number it doesn't help anyone if one class doesn't get any champs in a year. Only 2 champs have that immortality thing going and she is not the best option for both of them. She can't even counter the champs that she is designed to counter effectively.
    You do know that just because a champ has a class advantage over another class, doesn't always make that the best choice for the fight? Sometimes a class disadvantage does better. It doesn't stop abilities. Just lowers your attack rating a little.
    Buttehrs said:

And just giving abilities isn't enough they should be meaningful and impactful. Everyone I have asked who played with dani said that she is stressful and she is suffers the same as every other that released 2 years ago low crit rate and heavy reliance on prowess which tech class loves.