**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Necropolis MVP?

Comments

• Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    Other

um, I see everyone with some very specific opinions.

I've seen some data points /conspiracy theories on why zemo that make a little sense (although I am having a hard time believing that the "MVP" won't be a 7 star champ due to the extra time you get)... but some of the arguments above seem so specific, you would think the nodes, enemies, which ones are on which path, etc. had been announced/ leaked.

Am I missing an announcement?

Nah, these are just predictions based on what we know so far, we could all definitely be wrong.
    As for the conspiracy theories about Zemo, I don't know which ones you've heard lol but most people here just think Zemo will be great because he is basically made for long fights. It takes a while to get to 99 bleeds but when you get there the damage per second is absurd.
    My R4 Zemo at 99 bleeds pumps out like 5,500 bleed per second

So I’m guessing a R5 ascended version must be over 8,000 per second?
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,105 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Shuri
    Bulmkt said:

I've seen some data points /conspiracy theories on why zemo that make a little sense (although I am having a hard time believing that the "MVP" won't be a 7 star champ due to the extra time you get)... but some of the arguments above seem so specific, you would think the nodes, enemies, which ones are on which path, etc. had been announced/ leaked.

Nah, these are just predictions based on what we know so far, we could all definitely be wrong.
    As for the conspiracy theories about Zemo, I don't know which ones you've heard lol but most people here just think Zemo will be great because he is basically made for long fights. It takes a while to get to 99 bleeds but when you get there the damage per second is absurd.

MSD has a video about Zemo's max damage and it was about 22k per second, r5 ascended with two Zemos for the synergies. If I had to guess how much damage per second r5 ascended without synergies yes definitely over 8k, I think we're probably looking at 10k-15k per second depending on whether you run deep wounds or not and how many points you have on it (mine's maxed thankfully).
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★

Bulmkt said:

MSD has a video about Zemo's max damage and it was about 22k per second, r5 ascended with two Zemos for the synergies. If I had to guess how much damage per second r5 ascended without synergies yes definitely over 8k, I think we're probably looking at 10k-15k per second depending on whether you run deep wounds or not and how many points you have on it (mine's maxed thankfully).
    Deep wounds doesn’t really benefit zemo. Its main benefit is to increase duration of bleeds not potency.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 475 ★★★
    Azdef said:

The issue with Kate might be the node where you take damage if you knock the defender against the wall...

Definitely. But that is only one of the trap nodes and there will hopefully be other fights without it where she will shine.
  • Options
    Shuri
    Graves_3 said:

Bulmkt said:

Deep wounds doesn’t really benefit zemo. Its main benefit is to increase duration of bleeds not potency.

???
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

Bulmkt said:

???
    I stand corrected. Guess I never paid attention to his synergies.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 503 ★★★
    Shuri
    My R2 duped Shuri boutta go brrrrr
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,513 ★★★★★

Genuine question: Why is Kate and Zemo on this list? I don't know enough about them, but neither of them seem like heavy hitters for this kind of content.

Zemo is literally built for long fights and Kate’s damage is insane. She can handle long and short fights because her coldsnap also scales with crit. If you ramp her further, you can get over 10k damage a second (or even way more).
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 688 ★★★
    Shuri

Zuko_ILC said:

I think Kabam forgot that making content way too hard makes the majority of their player base not even attempt it. They have nerfed a lot of content. I agree it should be challenging but most should still be able to complete it at least with units. The last phase of grandmaster sounds like a nightmare.

The problem is if they don't release content this hard every once in a while, people start complaining about content being too easy and boring, which is exactly what's been happening with every Act 8 chapter (not everyone complains but I do remember reading some complaints) so I can't really blame Kabam for taking Necropolis to another level. Due to the difficulty, it'll probably take most of us about 2-4 months to 100% this thing.
    I agree, it’s nice to have some challenging content for a change. Something to actually strategize ranks ups and save up on consumables. There hasn’t been any hard content since EOP. I’m very excited to try it out since this will be the first Everest content I attempt (started too late for abyss or LoL to be worth it). I’m just hoping it’s doable with a reasonable number of revives and units. I’ve heard some crazy numbers thrown around.
  • Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 315 ★★★
    Ægon (last but not least)
    Aegon
  • Options
    Shuri

Zuko_ILC said:

I think Kabam forgot that making content way too hard makes the majority of their player base not even attempt it. They have nerfed a lot of content. I agree it should be challenging but most should still be able to complete it at least with units. The last phase of grandmaster sounds like a nightmare.

The problem is if they don't release content this hard every once in a while, people start complaining about content being too easy and boring, which is exactly what's been happening with every Act 8 chapter (not everyone complains but I do remember reading some complaints) so I can't really blame Kabam for taking Necropolis to another level. Due to the difficulty, it'll probably take most of us about 2-4 months to 100% this thing.
    I agree, it’s nice to have some challenging content for a change. Something to actually strategize ranks ups and save up on consumables. There hasn’t been any hard content since EOP. I’m very excited to try it out since this will be the first Everest content I attempt (started too late for abyss or LoL to be worth it). I’m just hoping it’s doable with a reasonable number of revives and units. I’ve heard some crazy numbers thrown around.
    Same here, I started playing eight years ago but I always left before I could even attempt Everest content and then when I came back rewards were outdated, I just didn't bother so I'm excited for this one as it will be my first one too. I did EOP of course but there's a massive difference between 900k health pools and 7M ones.
    GM definitely looks like the hardest fight in the game now but the satisfaction after killing him the first time will make it worth it.

As for unit spending, I do think it's going to be high if you want to do it in one go but I think if you're patient and practice the paths multiple times before you go for it, you will be able to lower unit spending to some degree. Judging by the GM fight alone and what Kabam has said so far, all the fights will be extremely hard but unlike Abyss, there won't be random bs that you can't counter and you just die and have to spend units so yeah we'll see.
  • Options
    Other
    Anyone seen any R5 or ascended R5 Agent Venom synergy play??

I have AV at R4 and the bleeds/incinerates are huge. But I’d like to know just how much better they are at high rank and ascension.

I suspect it would be possible to run the Agent Venom Synergy on the majority of one of the necropolis paths.

Then bring in overseer and hulk to prevent reverse controls against the collector boss (leak suggests in his 3rd stage reverse controls apply and any immune champs will take 1% HP Degen damage)
  • Options
    Other

Bulmkt said:

22k bleeds is brutal…
  • Options
    Kate
    Emilia90 said:

Genuine question: Why is Kate and Zemo on this list? I don't know enough about them, but neither of them seem like heavy hitters for this kind of content.

Zemo is literally built for long fights and Kate’s damage is insane. She can handle long and short fights because her coldsnap also scales with crit. If you ramp her further, you can get over 10k damage a second (or even way more).
    My ascended r5 with recoils does over 25k/sec within first 2 min and over 60k/sec after fully ramped with Chavez on team and recoils without boosts. She does LOL SL in 96secs. 3 coldsnaps do 22k per tick and 3 Caltrops do 85k on heavy.
    She can do more damage than fully ramped Zemo only after doing 3 sp1.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,856 ★★★★
    Zemo
    Onslaught
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 715 ★★★
    I’m also thinking if Zemo and Kate are going to be options, Venompool needs to be in the discussion. His bleed damage after a couple of SP3s gets stupid.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,647 ★★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

I’m also thinking if Zemo and Kate are going to be options, Venompool needs to be in the discussion. His bleed damage after a couple of SP3s gets stupid.

Sadly venompool don't maintain the bleed damage, since his furies will get worn out.
    Domino after high number of critical hits can inflict a very powerful bleed via sp3(obviously rng), but is very powerful
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 715 ★★★

Vance2_jr said:

Sadly venompool don't maintain the bleed damage, since his furies will get worn out.
    Domino after high number of critical hits can inflict a very powerful bleed via sp3(obviously rng), but is very powerful
    True, but they do last pretty long, plus get paused if you get a hit it quickly after the Sp3. And with power gain, you can get back to SP3 without much effort. Even if the bleeds fall off, the furies gained since the previous one causes each subsequent SP3 to deal that much more damage. In normal ROL fights, he can go from Sp3 to Sp3 without bleeds falling up, but rather bumping up in potency.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 720 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Vance2_jr said:

I don't see kate being an option cause you can't corner the defender, which basically involves her whole mechanic....you can still try doing some damage without corner the defender but i think it would be a painful fight
    I could be wrong tho, guess we'll have to wait to see
  • Options
    Shuri
    Bulmkt said:

Bulmkt said:

22k bleeds is brutal…
    Yep, and the crazy part is it could've been higher with a third Zemo.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,527 ★★★★★
    Unpopular opinion, but hopefully not Aegon. I find it boring to ramp up a combo then ignore everything in game.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Aegon looks much better for nameless grandmaster boss than zemo kate or shuri based on the leaked abilities.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,513 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Aegon looks much better for nameless grandmaster boss than zemo kate or shuri based on the leaked abilities.

He’s only one fight in the necropolis though. The others might be better overall but we’ll have to see
  • Options
    Shuri
    Milan1405 said:

Yeah I have to agree with you there since GM will shrug off every passive and debuff really fast. I do believe Shuri Zemo and Kate will be better for the rest overall though.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Of course @Emilia90 @ItsClobberinTime I don't know anything for sure, but I'm just guessing based of the fact that the boss looks very hard and probably will cost much more than the rest of the paths. I have a 4 to 5 skill gem and an ascension held for either aegon or zemo, depending on whoever is better when necropolis comes out and we know the best champion for it (maybe neither). I'm simply leaning towards aegon as I did labyrinth and abyss runs with them both just for fun and testing purposes and aegon (and Guilly2099 tbf) reminded me exactly why they are generally the kings of everest content.
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 445 ★★
    Other
    Imagine it being groot as the MVP 🤔