**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Necropolis MVP?

124»

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,105 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Shuri
    Milan1405 said:

Of course @Emilia90 @ItsClobberinTime I don't know anything for sure, but I'm just guessing based of the fact that the boss looks very hard and probably will cost much more than the rest of the paths. I have a 4 to 5 skill gem and an ascension held for either aegon or zemo, depending on whoever is better when necropolis comes out and we know the best champion for it (maybe neither). I'm simply leaning towards aegon as I did labyrinth and abyss runs with them both just for fun and testing purposes and aegon (and Guilly2099 tbf) reminded me exactly why they are generally the kings of everest content.

It's precisely because of how powerful he was for Abyss and LOL that I highly doubt he'll be the best option. They wouldn't take Everest content to a completely different level and then just have us complete it with the same champ everyone used in previous Everest content so personally I'm leaning more towards Zemo.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,512 ★★★★★

Milan1405 said:

Of course @Emilia90 @ItsClobberinTime I don't know anything for sure, but I'm just guessing based of the fact that the boss looks very hard and probably will cost much more than the rest of the paths. I have a 4 to 5 skill gem and an ascension held for either aegon or zemo, depending on whoever is better when necropolis comes out and we know the best champion for it (maybe neither). I'm simply leaning towards aegon as I did labyrinth and abyss runs with them both just for fun and testing purposes and aegon (and Guilly2099 tbf) reminded me exactly why they are generally the kings of everest content.

It's precisely because of how powerful he was for Abyss and LOL that I highly doubt he'll be the best option. They wouldn't take Everest content to a completely different level and then just have us complete it with the same champ everyone used in previous Everest content so personally I'm leaning more towards Zemo.
    That’s true, but who knows, this is pretty much the only type of content where Aegon is still relevant in. Zemo being the best option would be an amazing comeback.

Side note, but I remember that I wasn’t even close to being ready for abyss when it came out, but I have all the champs that could be great for this as a 6* this time around so it’ll be a matter of seeing whales go for it and ranking up whoever seems best. Really hope it’s Kate or Zemo though since I’ve got them ranked up and Kate’s ascended lol
  • Options
    Shuri
    Emilia90 said:

Milan1405 said:

That’s true, but who knows, this is pretty much the only type of content where Aegon is still relevant in. Zemo being the best option would be an amazing comeback.

Side note, but I remember that I wasn’t even close to being ready for abyss when it came out, but I have all the champs that could be great for this as a 6* this time around so it’ll be a matter of seeing whales go for it and ranking up whoever seems best. Really hope it’s Kate or Zemo though since I’ve got them ranked up and Kate’s ascended lol
    Yeah, that's true, it's the only type of content he's still good for. Like I said I definitely think he'll be #1 for the actual GM fight but not for the rest of fights so between a counter for the boss and one for the paths I'd rather take the one for the paths personally (if I can't take both that is) so we'll see.

Same here, gonna wait for the ccs to start uploading their guides and tier lists and then I'll go for it lol. Saving my second ascension and rank ups til then.
    I'm a bit worried about Kate though, one of the nodes or buffs or whatever seems to punish her playstyle really hard.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,512 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Milan1405 said:

Yeah, that's true, it's the only type of content he's still good for. Like I said I definitely think he'll be #1 for the actual GM fight but not for the rest of fights so between a counter for the boss and one for the paths I'd rather take the one for the paths personally (if I can't take both that is) so we'll see.

Same here, gonna wait for the ccs to start uploading their guides and tier lists and then I'll go for it lol. Saving my second ascension and rank ups til then.
    I'm a bit worried about Kate though, one of the nodes or buffs or whatever seems to punish her playstyle really hard.
    Yeah that’s a fair assumption. I really want him to be relevant again but at the same time I don’t like ramping him lol

Yeah I’m also saving my second ascension and everything else. I’m farming revives rn and I’m hoping to have a decent stockpile by release date. I haven’t read the necropolis nodes so I didn’t know that, but that really sucks. Was really looking forward to maxing her damage out there
  • Options
    Shuri
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Milan1405 said:

Yeah that’s a fair assumption. I really want him to be relevant again but at the same time I don’t like ramping him lol

Yeah I’m also saving my second ascension and everything else. I’m farming revives rn and I’m hoping to have a decent stockpile by release date. I haven’t read the necropolis nodes so I didn’t know that, but that really sucks. Was really looking forward to maxing her damage out there
    Me neither, and I don't even have him so I'm really hoping he's not the MVP.

Basically you're going to take a burst of damage when you corner them, how big the damage will be I'm not sure but you definitely don't want to corner them at any point so yeah Kate won't be able to reach max damage. I'm pretty sure they added that just because of her actually lol.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    Other

Bulmkt said:

um, I see everyone with some very specific opinions.

I've seen some data points /conspiracy theories on why zemo that make a little sense (although I am having a hard time believing that the "MVP" won't be a 7 star champ due to the extra time you get)... but some of the arguments above seem so specific, you would think the nodes, enemies, which ones are on which path, etc. had been announced/ leaked.

Am I missing an announcement?

Nah, these are just predictions based on what we know so far, we could all definitely be wrong.
    As for the conspiracy theories about Zemo, I don't know which ones you've heard lol but most people here just think Zemo will be great because he is basically made for long fights. It takes a while to get to 99 bleeds but when you get there the damage per second is absurd.
    My R4 Zemo at 99 bleeds pumps out like 5,500 bleed per second

So I’m guessing a R5 ascended version must be over 8,000 per second?
    MSD has a video about Zemo's max damage and it was about 22k per second, r5 ascended with two Zemos for the synergies. If I had to guess how much damage per second r5 ascended without synergies yes definitely over 8k, I think we're probably looking at 10k-15k per second depending on whether you run deep wounds or not and how many points you have on it (mine's maxed thankfully).
    22k bleeds is brutal…
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    Could my R2 Guilly99 actually be useful?
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 475 ★★★

Vance2_jr said:

I’m also thinking if Zemo and Kate are going to be options, Venompool needs to be in the discussion. His bleed damage after a couple of SP3s gets stupid.

I don't see kate being an option cause you can't corner the defender, which basically involves her whole mechanic....you can still try doing some damage without corner the defender but i think it would be a painful fight
    I could be wrong tho, guess we'll have to wait to see
    That’s only one of the nodes, though. There “will” also be a trap node that gives the defender 50% chance to evade medium attacks. She might be great for that one.
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 848 ★★★★
    A_Fungi said:

Could my R2 Guilly99 actually be useful?

it'll depend if she can finish the fight before getting punished by the global, worth giving her a shot but im doubting a bit
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 688 ★★★
    Shuri
    I wonder if black cat will work well because of the corner damage back node and the medium evade node
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 637 ★★★
    I think the pre 12.0 stat system should make a return and let's make the OG kings and queens of MCOC great again!

I'm talking about Thor, Star Lord, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow and Dr Strange and let's get to pick them in a 7 star "OG destroyers selector".
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★

I think the pre 12.0 stat system should make a return and let's make the OG kings and queens of MCOC great again!

I'm talking about Thor, Star Lord, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow and Dr Strange and let's get to pick them in a 7 star "OG destroyers selector".

SL is mostly the same as he once was, I don't remember 12.0 affecting him much. Dont think much happened to BW either.

SW is still incredible, especially with QS synergy

Thor and Dr Strange absolutely need to be given their pre 12.0 abilities though. There are champs now that do more than they used to.
  • Options
    Shuri
    A_Fungi said:

SL is mostly the same as he once was, I don't remember 12.0 affecting him much. Dont think much happened to BW either.

SW is still incredible, especially with QS synergy

Thor and Dr Strange absolutely need to be given their pre 12.0 abilities though. There are champs now that do more than they used to.
    There are no champs that can do what they used to do as 4* you're wrong. A 4* Thor was capable of throwing 360k sp3s and 80k basic attacks (4*, not 5* or 6*). Pre 12.0 Thor as a 6* would be just as broken as Herc except he doesn't need that much ramp up. Doctor Strange absolutely broken too, perfect block on every block regardless of it being well timed or not, and he was able to go from 50% health back to 100% in like ten hits the life steal was ridiculous.
  • Options
    Shuri
    Squammo said:

Vance2_jr said:

I’m also thinking if Zemo and Kate are going to be options, Venompool needs to be in the discussion. His bleed damage after a couple of SP3s gets stupid.

I don't see kate being an option cause you can't corner the defender, which basically involves her whole mechanic....you can still try doing some damage without corner the defender but i think it would be a painful fight
    That’s only one of the nodes, though. There “will” also be a trap node that gives the defender 50% chance to evade medium attacks. She might be great for that one.
    She will be but the problem is the timer. You can't refresh any of her trick arrow effects due to that corner node, so she won't be able to dish out the usual 20k per second she can dish out in Abyss or LOL and if the timer runs out you're pretty much screwed.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Ægon (last but not least)
    I know they said Aegon won't work but I'm sure a 999 Aegon will still be amazing.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 475 ★★★

Squammo said:

Vance2_jr said:

She will be but the problem is the timer. You can't refresh any of her trick arrow effects due to that corner node, so she won't be able to dish out the usual 20k per second she can dish out in Abyss or LOL and if the timer runs out you're pretty much screwed.
    The corner damage back node won’t be everywhere. The evade node is another node of that type. Or will there be fights with multiple of those at the same time? Guess we have to see.

• Options
    Shuri
    Squammo said:

Squammo said:

Vance2_jr said:

The corner damage back node won’t be everywhere. The evade node is another node of that type. Or will there be fights with multiple of those at the same time? Guess we have to see.

Good point, we don't know if it will be everywhere. I hope you're right cause then completion won't be as hard if we can actually ramp up Kate to that ridiculous 30k per second damage.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    Other
    Sandman I think will be helpful especially after seeing a video by Seatin recently.