**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber Deals or Banquet

A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
So I am mostly FTP, definitely won't be doing any purchases on Cyber or Banquet deals with $$$.

I am currently at 17.3k units, trying to hit 18k before cyber deals end, just in case.

I definitely think the 7R3 materials will be behind a substantial pay wall. If that's the case... would it be better to just hold until banquet?

I figure that way I can benefit my alliance a bit more and the rumors of a new trophy (I think Onslaught) are intriguing. I already have Wpn X and JJ as 6R5s. I also do not have a high rarity Thanos (but don't really care much about that).

If I remember the 2 events correctly from last year, I definitely had more personal progression on cyber deals than banquet. But I am not as prepared with units this year to do both.

Thoughts?

Cyber Deals or Banquet 144 votes

Cyber Deals
34%
Spity68ZENPerfectExampleTerraRayhanIshaqueNemesis666GmonkeyGarloNoOnexROIamnikeLiquidkoldredsoxpatsfan89Justcause102PikoluMother_FlerkenJyoung1edricPowerofpain1001Ewell65SSS69jcphillips7 50 votes
Banquet
65%
bhuv9191lfm07Ace_03DrenlinStandardman1989DOKTOROKTOPUSSyrius_blackcfpreludeRené_VuLogan00Crossy76Gulfstream550JohnTargaryenBadPullsMarcoSCP1504Cosmicspiderman777peixemacacoS0ndrecaptain_rogersCheeseHead4EVER 94 votes

Comments

• Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    Banquet
    Depends on how good the deals are for you. If you like them, get them, if you don't, save for banquet
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Bocoming valiant with cyber deals and then hoping for good banquet rewards
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Pikolu said:

If you're a high end player, then guaranteed value>rng. I'd only save like 3k units for banquet personally.

Yeah, I think this is how I am leaning

I can always just spend by the time banquet rolls around .

Hopefully I can at least get some T6C somewhere, get some more R2s. maybe some 7 star shards.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

If you're a high end player, then guaranteed value>rng. I'd only save like 3k units for banquet personally.

Although what your saying is true, Banquet also has a Solo&Alliance event attached with pretty juicy stuff.
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Banquet
    Banquet is RNG to be certain so cyber deals - knowing what you are getting - could be safer.

But; if you get RNG luck the payoffs are better. Couple of years ago cyber cav deals were ok. But not enough units on my end to get R3 6* mat deals. Banquet rolled around (gifting crystals) and I got mats through RNG to take two to R4. So banquet wasn’t tied to progression

They could also change this with future banquet crystals and make them progression tied too I suppose. Would be nice to know before hand.
  • Options
    Cyber Deals

Pikolu said:

Although what your saying is true, Banquet also has a Solo&Alliance event attached with pretty juicy stuff.
    For the most part, you can get most of the rewards from just 3k units or the $50 banquet crystal deal. I personally find it more worth to spend on cyber weekend because you get more guaranteed value for your units.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Banquet
    Imo if you’re still Paragon, its not worth spending units when those same ones couldve unlocked much better rewards as Valiant. From previous holiday deals, thronebreaker (the sexond highest progression) was known for having lackluster offers, I’m not saying that will happen again because nobody can guarantee the future, but dont you think logically it would make more sense as someone thats f2p to hoard the units for next july 4 when you can get valiant offers

The new progression title was released way too early imo
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    Cyber Deals
    Polygon said:

Imo if you’re still Paragon, its not worth spending units when those same ones couldve unlocked much better rewards as Valiant. From previous holiday deals, thronebreaker (the sexond highest progression) was known for having lackluster offers, I’m not saying that will happen again because nobody can guarantee the future, but dont you think logically it would make more sense as someone thats f2p to hoard the units for next july 4 when you can get valiant offers

Good thing there is only 1 bonus valiant deal for cash and units and the highest tier of all offers otherwise is paragon
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    It depends. Cyber you are going to see everything and know what you're gonna get. I'm sure it will be really tempting if your goal is a couple seven star r3's and cyber can get you to where your goals are, I think it's something you won't regret spending units on. Additionally, if you can hit valiant and still have units for valiant offers that is a big pull...

Banquet solo milestones will certainly be insane, but your rewards will depend on the crystal rng, the solo event, and most importantly solo ranked rewards. I'm sure the rewards you really want will be in the solo ranked rewards which is a gamble because it depends on other people's spending habits.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Banquet
    ahmynuts said:

Polygon said:

Good thing there is only 1 bonus valiant deal for cash and units and the highest tier of all offers otherwise is paragon
    Knew someone would bring this up.

But heres the thing to consider even if it is 1 bonus deal, is that that bonus deal will

1) only unlock once you bought the tier levels below it.
    2) will obviously be really good

Sure, you can spend on the unit offers, they’ll be worth it. But if you’re extremely frugal with units as f2p and dont grind arena like me, you’d get the most bang for your buck if you spent those units next j4/cyber monday.

Might not make sense now , but just wait till the deals go live and you’ll get my point
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Unless the 2>3 they're offering is generic, I'd say wait for banquet personally, nothing like dumping 15000 units to get a second mutant 2>3 gem with a sauron storm and Dani all Unduped as options.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,977 ★★★★★
    Banquet

Unless the 2>3 they're offering is generic, I'd say wait for banquet personally, nothing like dumping 15000 units to get a second mutant 2>3 gem with a sauron storm and Dani all Unduped as options.

Maybe 7* awakening gem??
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,296 ★★★★★
    Banquet
    Both but I plan on spending on Banquet a little more
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,975 ★★★★★
    Banquet rank rewards offer some of the best in the game, if you’re spending enough. If not split or focus on guaranteed value in CW.
  • Options
    Cyber Deals

2 out of 3 of those are immediately r3 worthy unduped
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Two out of the three are cheeks Unduped, and one is mediocre.
  • Options
    Cyber Deals

ahmynuts said:

Mind if I take your storm and Dani? I'll give them they loving home they deserve.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★
    Cyber Deals
    I don’t think onslaught will be the trophy champ, I think it will be Santa, it’s been hinted at and Jax accidentally said Santa instead of Onslaught in one of the streams.
  • Options
    InfamousMikeInfamousMike Posts: 70
    edited November 2023
    I have my hopes on Cyber weekend,...
    Kabam, don't disappoint me.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,156 ★★★★
    Banquet
    Depends but I only got a certain amount so banquet bc more rewards
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★
    Can someone remind me how banquet works please?
  • Options
    Cyber Deals
    doctorb said:

Can someone remind me how banquet works please?

Spend your entire life savings to gamble on greater banquet crystals
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,816 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Mind if I take your storm and Dani? I'll give them they loving home they deserve.
    Same. Love storm, she’s so good after the buff. Last meta she nuked everyone in under 30 seconds. Super good for hazard shift
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,943 ★★★★
    edited November 2023

I don’t think onslaught will be the trophy champ, I think it will be Santa, it’s been hinted at and Jax accidentally said Santa instead of Onslaught in one of the streams.

So we're getting two mutants next month (since Santa in the comics is a mutant)
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    So the Cyber Weekends deal start on 11/24??

And the Banquet event is next month?