• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,774 ★★★★★

Underwhelming deals?

Abso (ef) (in) lutely
    Big Dubski.
    July 4th was a horror show. Early halloween
  • RhythmDeviceRhythmDevice Member Posts: 28
    JMORG1111 said:

July 4th offers were broken af, that was a really Big difference

This. We didn't set the expectations. We saw the gap created during that event. I don't want that to happen again, but that was the expectation set.
    I agree with you they created an expectation based on July 4th. I had a similar reaction to you when I saw them so I get it. At the same time, because of the huge backlash they may have learned some stuff from the reactions of the community and tweaked these deals accordingly -- a reset of the pendulum so to speak.

Pragmatically, if some of these deals work for you, go for it... if they don't, save your money for something that makes more sense to you. These offers can help people that are spending money they cannot afford to by being less addiction causing than the July 4th ones. Hard for Kabam to win either way.
  • DjmagsDjmags Member Posts: 115
    The deals are bad, for me that bad that I won’t spend a penny or any of my unit stash and simply run for 100% necro with the free units from just playing the game. I was hoping for some 7 star crystals that were value for money as I have some real bad luck with my 7 star openings. This will be the 1st time I don’t spend on cyber weekend, which is a real shame as I was genuinely looking forward to a good deal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,499 ★★★★★

I thought the deals were fine.

Same. I think they're being poo-pooed disproportionately, but to each their own opinion.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,365 Guardian
    Deepworld said:

Kabam Jax said:

Gang,

We see these conversations every sale and we always chat about setting your own expectations.

If you approach these events with a very narrow image of what you want from them, yeah, you'll probably be disappointed. Try to remember that this is a game and it's meant to be fun, open yourself up to fun y'all!

We also have talked explicitly about how these deals shouldn't allow anyone to leapfrog way out into a ridiculous advantage, which is something we see concern about here all the time (including posts about it this morning).

Maybe not everything in here hits you with a serotonin boost, but I'm sure there's something there for you to be excited about. And if not, we'll have free Zemos for all (once xsolla fixes issues)! Rejoice!

Hard to open up to the fun when these deals are objectively no fun.
    On what objective basis do you make that assertion? They were fine for me, some better than others, some I got and some I didn't get, but those are all subjective evaluations. What objective criteria was I supposed to be judging the offers on, that I apparently completely failed to account for?
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Kabam Jax said:

Gang,

We see these conversations every sale and we always chat about setting your own expectations.

If you approach these events with a very narrow image of what you want from them, yeah, you'll probably be disappointed. Try to remember that this is a game and it's meant to be fun, open yourself up to fun y'all!

We also have talked explicitly about how these deals shouldn't allow anyone to leapfrog way out into a ridiculous advantage, which is something we see concern about here all the time (including posts about it this morning).

Maybe not everything in here hits you with a serotonin boost, but I'm sure there's something there for you to be excited about. And if not, we'll have free Zemos for all (once xsolla fixes issues)! Rejoice!

Respectfully, you guys are the one that set the expectations for this sale with your beyond broken 4th of July sales not us. We did not do that
    Honestly thos weren’t that’s much better either it definitely us there hav way to high expectations my opinion.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,233 ★★★
    I think the one thing that was most irritating was they are selling all of this rank up material, but the gold offered with it was way way underwhelming.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,403 Guardian
    I'm honestly just glad that the deals aren't as broken OP J4 deals were. Also $50 for a r5 of your choice (or 3/4 of a r2) is very nice. You actually get the freedom to choose to invest in either 6*s or 7*s and the selectors gave us freedom to choose which is a huge win imo. Also I enjoyed we got to choose the rare 6* if we bought everything so I finally have Thanos 🤣
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

Kabam Jax said:

Gang,

Respectfully, you guys are the one that set the expectations for this sale with your beyond broken 4th of July sales not us. We did not do that
    Are you actually saying if Kabam exceeds expectations, they are responsible for people having higher expectations the next time? In effect, you're saying they should never exceed expectations, because unless they can do that in an escalating fashion indefinitely, which is impossible, everyone's elevated expectations are their fault and people like yourself will hold them responsible for it?

People's expectations are their own responsibility, and no one elses. Both the cash offers and the unit offers were more or less within the margin of error for what I assumed they would be, given the information that existed publicly about what to expect from them (for example, Kabam announced on a stream that the combined cash and unit offers would contain no more than enough resources to do one R3, and that no Valiant offer would contain *any* R3 resources). I think anyone who is expecting vastly more on a relative basis to progression should probably not hold their breath. If you need nose-bleed high value to be willing to spend, MCOC will just have to get along without your money.

You yourself call the J4 sales "broken." Setting your Cyber sale expectations based on that is 100% your own fault, since you admit they were completely out of the ordinary. No reasonable person should expect that future sales would necessarily meet or exceed wildly extraordinary ones.
    No, I'm saying if they exceed expectations by a country mile in july and then do the bare minimum to level up the deals then it's on them. Which is what happened. No one was expecting 100000 7 star shards. But they cant jump from cyber weekend 2022 to July 4th, 2023 and then do a little bunny hop to cyber weekend 2023. Watch how July 4th disparity next year is gonna look compared to rn.

Consistency is what im asking for and what they should deliver. This year the deals have been very inconsistent when all previous years have been (bar gifting/banquet). If Kabam decides to break consistency for a single huge sale and then never reach those heights again, it is their fault and not ours and you cannot blame a single person for having any small percentage of an expectation that they might do that huge of a sale again, that's just foolish.

I personally bought most of the unit deals and a couple black panther treasures. The deals are good enough for me but they are objectively bad as a jump from July 4th.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,738 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Death33 said:

Maybe it’s just me but the deals for paragon and especially valiant are horrible. They still feel focused on 6* and made my decision to not spend super easy. L event, pray to god banquet is a huge step up from this.
    What do you guys think?

Agreed. Though I am happy to have my new R2 7*'s, I have issue with the low gold. The fact that the Paragon Odin gold is STILL trash, (only 2 million per offer), after it being the same last Cyber AND 4th of July, AND after releasing high maintenance 7*'s, is mind boggling and frustrating.

Gold in Paragon Odin bundles should have improved to at least least 3-5 million by now.
    I spent a lot less money because of that. Not going to continue to spend a lot of money on Kabam's frugal foolishness.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I’m curious what players who still spent but were disappointed, or who ‘would have spent’ were expecting/wanting?

Today got me:

Valiant
    Shuri awakened and to r3
    Black Cat and Bishop who both went straight to r2
    Jessica Jones
    Maestro to r5 ascended/max sig
    AbsMan to r5
    Aegon to r5 ascended/max sig

And I still have 400 t2 dust, 25+ t6b/t3a, and 4 t6cc in skill, science, mystic, and cosmic remaining in my stash for when I open my 5 Titan crystals come new pool change.

I’d call that a fat effin’ win for my account.
    Pikolu said:

I'm honestly just glad that the deals aren't as broken OP J4 deals were. Also $50 for a r5 of your choice (or 3/4 of a r2) is very nice. You actually get the freedom to choose to invest in either 6*s or 7*s and the selectors gave us freedom to choose which is a huge win imo. Also I enjoyed we got to choose the rare 6* if we bought everything so I finally have Thanos 🤣

Thanos is going to be in your first banquet crystal now lmaoo

I’m curious what players who still spent but were disappointed, or who ‘would have spent’ were expecting/wanting?

Today got me:

Valiant
    Shuri awakened and to r3
    Jessica Jones
    AbsMan to r5

And I still have 400 t2 dust, 25+ t6b/t3a, and 4 t6cc in skill, science, mystic, and cosmic remaining in my stash for when I open my 5 Titan crystals come new pool change.

It was great for me.
    A shiny new now r2 Silk
    r2 Sunspot
    r2 Sasquatch

Extra cats to take more champs up (debating sig 40 falcon but not sure yet)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,365 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

Are you actually saying if Kabam exceeds expectations, they are responsible for people having higher expectations the next time? In effect, you're saying they should never exceed expectations, because unless they can do that in an escalating fashion indefinitely, which is impossible, everyone's elevated expectations are their fault and people like yourself will hold them responsible for it?

People's expectations are their own responsibility, and no one elses. Both the cash offers and the unit offers were more or less within the margin of error for what I assumed they would be, given the information that existed publicly about what to expect from them (for example, Kabam announced on a stream that the combined cash and unit offers would contain no more than enough resources to do one R3, and that no Valiant offer would contain *any* R3 resources). I think anyone who is expecting vastly more on a relative basis to progression should probably not hold their breath. If you need nose-bleed high value to be willing to spend, MCOC will just have to get along without your money.

You yourself call the J4 sales "broken." Setting your Cyber sale expectations based on that is 100% your own fault, since you admit they were completely out of the ordinary. No reasonable person should expect that future sales would necessarily meet or exceed wildly extraordinary ones.

No, I'm saying if they exceed expectations by a country mile in july and then do the bare minimum to level up the deals then it's on them.

1. I don't understand how you can say no, then paraphrase exactly what I said just with less details.

2. I don't see how having sufficient materials to reach Valiant without full Necropolis exploration is "the bare minimum." The J4 sales had a ton of stuff in them, but they didn't get you to a new progression title. It can always be lower than what some people would want, but calling it the bare minimum is objectively false. J4 had a lot of stuff, but CW 2023 is potentially much more game changing than J4 was for many players.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Today got me:

Valiant
    Shuri awakened and to r3
    Jessica Jones
    AbsMan to r5

It was great for me.
    A shiny new now r2 Silk
    r2 Sunspot
    r2 Sasquatch

Really had a hard time not taking my r4 Silk to r5 or ascending today, but I know there will be a shot to pull her once or twice form the Titans in a week and a half, and then I’d have regretted it

ahmynuts said:

Today got me:

Valiant
    Shuri awakened and to r3
    Jessica Jones
    AbsMan to r5

It was great for me.
    A shiny new now r2 Silk
    r2 Sunspot
    r2 Sasquatch

Really had a hard time not taking my r4 Silk to r5 or ascending today, but I know there will be a shot to pull her once or twice form the Titans in a week and a half, and then I’d have regretted it
    I took my 6 star to rank 3 when i pulled her a couple months ago but immediately had to stop myself from going further because of the 7 star existing. I got extremely lucky