Super underwhelming deals?

13»

Comments

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    Watch Seatin's video about the Underground Market. He consider most of the offers to be not really exciting and the cost way too much for the quantities given. I agree. The unit prices should have been less considering the Banquet event is around the corner and to encourage more unit spending. Just some thoughts.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,365 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

@DNA3000 I don't think it's right to judge the entire sale based on the inclusion of t4a in the Odin bundle.
    The 7 star shards are extremely lacking. And why do valiant players care about a 6 star rank 5?

Because not all champs are released as 7* champs yet, and even if they will eventually, that eventually could be years down the road.

Kabam pre-announced that none of the Valiant-specific offers would contain R3 materials. They did that to ensure that players who happened to reach Valiant before the sales concluded couldn't bank a gigantic advantage over everyone else, because they intended to make getting to Valiant very difficult outside of exploring Necropolis once this sale was over. And even the CW sales would only get you one, no matter how much you spent, so even spenders would need completion. To me, that's very smart management of the progression ladder and maintaining the relevance of Necropolis for more than just a few months.

If you're not going to give out R3 materials, then what would interest a Valiant, outside of everything else in the Paragon offers. Ascendent resources and 6* R5 would be the other thing, because there are lots of champs that a Valiant player (or a Paragon player) would want to take to R5, but would feel bad about spending normal catalysts on because they would want to save those for 7* champs. Specifically *because* Kabam knows almost all Valiants would be focused primarily on 7* champs, and would feel bad spending resources on 6* champs but there are still plenty of 6* champs that most Valiants would love to have as 6*, they threw the R5 gem in there. If you are a Valiant, and a spender, there are likely lots of champs you could use as an ascendant R5.

The idea of the R5 gem is that it is something many Valiant players will grumble about, but secretly be glad they have because it allows them to rank up a 6* guilt-free.

And I'm not judging the sale based solely on the R3 materials. I'm simply saying that their presence objectively demonstrates the sale isn't just minimally tuned. I just have no interest in posting a sale review. But the $5 (USD) offer, the cheapest most accessible one, has extremely good value to me. Five bucks for fifty sig stones. Even Valiants still use 6* sig stones. The 15k 6* shards is just a bonus: I would have bought that offer even if it was just the sig stones. The $10 offer was a little meh to me, but not bad. For thirty bucks I think the Tony Stark's briefcase also had very good catalyst value, especially for mid-tier Paragons still ranking up a lot of 6s. And while I think the Black Panther's treasure was a bit pricey, three T6 selectors is nothing to sneeze at. I literally have no idea how some people are looking at that and saying that value is horrible. Even if the T4As were not in the Cyber offers this year, those T6 class catalysts would still be enormously valuable.

If someone wants to say that the unit offers were a bit meh, I wouldn't argue against that. Personally, I think they were fine, but I agree they were not exciting. But were they actually poor value? Some I wouldn't buy myself (and didn't). Some I thought were fine. And honestly, the fact that I thought four of the five cash offers were really good value suggests they might be slightly high, as I shouldn't love everything. The fact that I find about half the unit offers to be worth buying and the other half questionable for me to buy suggests those offers are probably exactly where they are supposed to be.
  • 11993451199345 Member Posts: 543 ★★★
    More choice, less chance, and you have bundles that make sense. MASSIVE win!!
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 330
    I am usted to Christmas gifting events, but missed this change to "banquet" last year, I think. Is it also a unit sinkhole, because if it is I am giving this set of deals a pass and save units for "banquet".
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Kabam actually gave silly deals just to make playerbase angry but they will make everyone release a big load on Banquet Christmas season, Banquet is coming and it's coming hard.
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 582 ★★★
    The reason why so many people are mad is because the deals dont do much to help a paragon player become valiant. The deals however, are perfectly fine for newer paragons to load up on r5 and r2. That is what i did.

The high number of t6bc, t3a and t6cc on offer was very good. Helped r5 two of my favorite champs and r2 one of my favourite 7*s and i only had to spend 3000 units to do it. Well worth the investment. Only wish more tier 1 and 2 primordial dust was included. Didnt even bother with anything 7* related because all those offers were.bad.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    man , as someone who grinded the **** out of revive farming for 100% necro , this is really disappointing to me . I did expected way much more for valiant
  • JK_47JK_47 Member Posts: 275 ★★
    Keeping the unit deals a bit more rewarding than cash offers helps keep the game in balance...
    I mean we can't let whales get ahead of the grinders who are the real soul of any game...
    If whales get way ahead of grinders and crush em.
    it'll cause grinders to leave the game then the forums will see less posts and battlegrounds will see less participants and eventually everyone will leave the game...

Cyber weekend kabam did a pretty good job maintaining the balance
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Gang,

We see these conversations every sale and we always chat about setting your own expectations.

If you approach these events with a very narrow image of what you want from them, yeah, you'll probably be disappointed. Try to remember that this is a game and it's meant to be fun, open yourself up to fun y'all!

We also have talked explicitly about how these deals shouldn't allow anyone to leapfrog way out into a ridiculous advantage, which is something we see concern about here all the time (including posts about it this morning).

Maybe not everything in here hits you with a serotonin boost, but I'm sure there's something there for you to be excited about. And if not, we'll have free Zemos for all (once xsolla fixes issues)! Rejoice!

What issues need fixing around the Zemo's? Is this why I can't claim one I wonder? Or is it.that those who are in negative credits are excluded from it?
    If its the former, then great
    If its the latter then that is hardly "for all"
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Death33 said:

Maybe it’s just me but the deals for paragon and especially valiant are horrible. They still feel focused on 6* and made my decision to not spend super easy. L event, pray to god banquet is a huge step up from this.
    What do you guys think?

I'm glad I've seen this lol. I've been excluded from any and all cash or unit deals for about a year now (negative credits. I don't mind tho) so I rarely look at them but I looked at these out of curiosity to see if it was worth settling the balance and I thought they was really bad offers too tbf
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I loved them, and mostly because they were underwhelming.

I can only speak to the Paragon deals, but they seemed pretty well targeted.

The Odin offers were targeted at people looking to become Valiant and players at that level could easily dismiss the other offers without feeling like they're missing out. The lower priced offers were targeted at people still focusing on building their rosters and ranking their 6* - those probably not quite ready to become Valiant.

The fact that they were underwhelming made it pretty easy for most people to decide "I don't need to buy everything."

I appreciated that about these offers quite a bit.
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    After the July 4th offers, which destroyed my desire to play BGs, I love these offers. Nice to have, but not needed.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

Kabam Jax said:

Gang,

We see these conversations every sale and we always chat about setting your own expectations.

If you approach these events with a very narrow image of what you want from them, yeah, you'll probably be disappointed. Try to remember that this is a game and it's meant to be fun, open yourself up to fun y'all!

We also have talked explicitly about how these deals shouldn't allow anyone to leapfrog way out into a ridiculous advantage, which is something we see concern about here all the time (including posts about it this morning).

Maybe not everything in here hits you with a serotonin boost, but I'm sure there's something there for you to be excited about. And if not, we'll have free Zemos for all (once xsolla fixes issues)! Rejoice!

Respectfully, you guys are the one that set the expectations for this sale with your beyond broken 4th of July sales not us. We did not do that
    Are you actually saying if Kabam exceeds expectations, they are responsible for people having higher expectations the next time? In effect, you're saying they should never exceed expectations, because unless they can do that in an escalating fashion indefinitely, which is impossible, everyone's elevated expectations are their fault and people like yourself will hold them responsible for it?

People's expectations are their own responsibility, and no one elses. Both the cash offers and the unit offers were more or less within the margin of error for what I assumed they would be, given the information that existed publicly about what to expect from them (for example, Kabam announced on a stream that the combined cash and unit offers would contain no more than enough resources to do one R3, and that no Valiant offer would contain *any* R3 resources). I think anyone who is expecting vastly more on a relative basis to progression should probably not hold their breath. If you need nose-bleed high value to be willing to spend, MCOC will just have to get along without your money.

You yourself call the J4 sales "broken." Setting your Cyber sale expectations based on that is 100% your own fault, since you admit they were completely out of the ordinary. No reasonable person should expect that future sales would necessarily meet or exceed wildly extraordinary ones.
    No, I'm saying if they exceed expectations by a country mile in july and then do the bare minimum to level up the deals then it's on them. Which is what happened. No one was expecting 100000 7 star shards. But they cant jump from cyber weekend 2022 to July 4th, 2023 and then do a little bunny hop to cyber weekend 2023. Watch how July 4th disparity next year is gonna look compared to rn.

Consistency is what im asking for and what they should deliver. This year the deals have been very inconsistent when all previous years have been (bar gifting/banquet). If Kabam decides to break consistency for a single huge sale and then never reach those heights again, it is their fault and not ours and you cannot blame a single person for having any small percentage of an expectation that they might do that huge of a sale again, that's just foolish.

I personally bought most of the unit deals and a couple black panther treasures. The deals are good enough for me but they are objectively bad as a jump from July 4th.
    With a new title available, it was almost certain the deals won’t be as good as J4th relatively speaking. I personally am glad they are not as broken OP as the 4th deals so I can save units for banquet.
  • BabyGrootBabyGroot Member Posts: 143 ★★
    I wish they didn't gate the unit offers. There are some that are worth the units but they require you to spend a ton of units on some pretty uninteresting stuff. Making the event a total bust.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 179 ★★
    I don't get the complaints. If the cash offers aint good then nice you saved money. If the unit offers are not good then nice you got more for banquet which looks very good if we are to believe the leaks
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    I had a few of the 15k 6* shards and 50 6* sig stones…got 4 of the 500 units deals (1 T6B / T3A + P2 dust ).

Planing on doing a 1000 units deal, after todays arena work, to get the missing cosmic T6CC for my first R5…R4 200 sig ascended Angela…🔥🔥🔥

So, not great cash deals for a 💩 Paragon with no ambitions about doing Necro and become Valiant, but the units deals is fine…Angela R5, ascend R4 NF (SQ) and R4 my 200 sig R3 Herc is a good week in my book 🫡
  • MagonusMagonus Member Posts: 528 ★★★
    Does anyone know how many units you need to spend on row 1 items to unlock the other items / rows. For e.g. if you spend 1000u on item 1 of row 1 does it unlock anything? 2000u, 4000u, more?

Thanks all
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Member Posts: 506 ★★
    I feel like I got way more guaranteed value this year than years past. I would normally go for deals with shards or crystals but this year I prioritized rankups. I have enough materials for like 6 7* r2. That will help my BG deck for sure.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,906 ★★★★★
    I wasn’t expecting the deals to be
    Magonus said:

Does anyone know how many units you need to spend on row 1 items to unlock the other items / rows. For e.g. if you spend 1000u on item 1 of row 1 does it unlock anything? 2000u, 4000u, more?

Thanks all

3 Tiers - 1st is unlocked, 2nd needs 5k spend, 3rd needs 15k spend
  • PoethellPoethell Member Posts: 138
    Pls fix the Piggy banks. A bunch of us are missing out on these rewards!
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★
    Poethell said:

Pls fix the Piggy banks. A bunch of us are missing out on these rewards!

It bugged for everyone
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    I took no offer to focus on the banquet, not that the offers are bad but nothing game changing for my account. I'm at 20k. I saw the Valiant offer and indeed it's not great
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    I was planning on saving my units for the banquet event anyway. I bought the 500 unit bundle so that I'll have enough T2 dust to ascend another 6* champ tomorrow. The rest of my units will go towards banquet.