Options

Guillo deathless.....wtf?

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★
    I'm quite tired of Guillotine (Aegon can't get love?) and don't like the character or her infinite variants much, I'll get her and put her on the bench. I'll keep getting the rest of these Deathless too as long as they stay free or cheap (I'm not above spending for something I want) and are within my capability to get through solo content beating, in-game currency, or reasonable cash. I'll reconsider if I want to be out if there's an annoying Alliance component.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 675 ★★★
    She looks simple but that degen damage looks pretty solid, I think she’ll be a decent damage dealer and if we can awaken her, she might a decent BG attacker because she’ll do good damage and heal to finish near full HP. Should work well with the ghost rider relic too. Its not the kit I was hoping for but let’s wait to try her before calling her trash.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 762 ★★★
    I still love platinumpool. Immortal iron fist. And honestly. I kinda wanna save just in case they release 7* UC
  • Options
    Webby72Webby72 Posts: 254 ★★
    I am a lil underwhelmed rn but interested to see how her damage appears with the ghost rider relic, since she appears to have a decently high crit rate, not to mention that armour rating will hopefully make her fairly tanky.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

They said it more than once these last couple of live streams that the deathless Champions were not going to be OP champions, they were going to be trophy Champions with slightly different kits then their counterparts.

If you are disappointed that they are not coming across as ridiculously broken, that's an unrealistic expectation that you put on yourself.

If Im not mistaken, they also said that these champions should feel rewarding to acquire. Unless we’re supposed to feel some sadistic catharsis from watching others shell out units for pieces, then its not unfair to say that this is not a reward up to the task of the means of acquisition.

Personally Im hoping this is a place holder kit. If not, then they should be a LOT more upfront about how “similar” these champions will be to their original counterparts. There was never a point where they cam across saying that this would be a near copy/paste of Pre-Buff Guillotine even going as far as comparing her to the difference in feel you get when playing 2099
    Again, what units are you shelling out? If you don’t want the champ, don’t get her. The only acquisition method tied to units is the Banquet milestone, and let’s be real, most people want to go after those milestones anyway. And it’s in a low milestone!

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills with this talking point being brought up multiple times in here.
    Huh? What units do I reference in this post? I spent nothing but time acquiring these pieces which would make it odd you quote me of all people in this response.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

I'm quite tired of Guillotine (Aegon can't get love?) and don't like the character or her infinite variants much, I'll get her and put her on the bench. I'll keep getting the rest of these Deathless too as long as they stay free or cheap (I'm not above spending for something I want) and are within my capability to get through solo content beating, in-game currency, or reasonable cash. I'll reconsider if I want to be out if there's an annoying Alliance component.

Anti-Aegon: Starts off wildly powerful, gets weaker as the content goes on
    Anti-Ægon, starts at 6 persistent charges, each charge adds 100 combo to his combo meter but he loses a persistent charge at the start of every fight and his combo in the fight is permanently inverted. His sig adds 1-6 more charges at the start of the quest and a combo shield.

Would be absolutely broken in war, but not in necropolis.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,712 ★★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

Wow, this is as lazy as it gets, we might as well introduce skins into the game. I personally wouldn’t be disappointed in that, but introducing a trophy champ with nearly an identical kit as the original is lame.
    Let the shills disagree with me all day, but I was hoping for something “unique and interesting”, this isn’t it.
    I can say my excitement for future deathless is dead, congrats on taking the big L.

They aint gonna be for everyone deathless guilly to me will always be a great achievement since she looks cool she a dot that none has immunity to plus better stat wise than og and to apply her dot is better than og which tbh she might be more useable than og guilly if u dont enjoy the heavy sp2 game style
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★
    ahmynuts said:

I mean what part of "These arent supposed to be gamebreaking, meta defining champs" did you misunderstand? They're supposed to be fun, except for thanos at the end which is supposed to be really good

Yea well, they also said it would be actually worth it for beating the everest content, reaching the gladiator circuit, and the challenge too.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Perhaps I missed the stream where they mentioned that (DNA) would feel happy about acquiring Guillotine.

The part you missed was not on stream. The part you missed is the part most people learn, when they live on Earth and encounter humans, all of which have completely different perspectives, and for which it is impossible to make even a small percentage of happy simultaneously.

Anyone who has ever asked "so where should we go for lunch" would not need to have it explained that when someone says "this is cool" they aren't making a promise that everyone in earshot is going to agree.
    Tell me, to which planet need I travel to get that “this is not a reskin” means “this is not a reskin”
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Perhaps I missed the stream where they mentioned that (DNA) would feel happy about acquiring Guillotine.

The part you missed was not on stream. The part you missed is the part most people learn, when they live on Earth and encounter humans, all of which have completely different perspectives, and for which it is impossible to make even a small percentage of happy simultaneously.

Anyone who has ever asked "so where should we go for lunch" would not need to have it explained that when someone says "this is cool" they aren't making a promise that everyone in earshot is going to agree.
    This is sad. I laid out a pretty clear picture of how this leans into some deceptive statements and your response is that Deathless Guillotine didn’t give us world peace. My response doesnt hinge on how many people are happy. It hinges only on the source of the discontent. Complaining because you said we “arent going to dominos” as we pull into their driveway has nothing to do with whether or not Im happy eating at dominos- only that the statement you gave was a false one.
    I agree, this is sad. But this is a particular sadness I do not have to opt into.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

I guess I am baffled at what people expected.

Whether it’s Deathless/Nameless/Trophy, it’s Guillotine.

Big Freaking Sword. Souls. Some interaction with healing. Some type of DPS mechanic.

What did people expect it to look like — Icarus’ Flash Vision plus Quicksilver’s Slow plus Black Bolt’s True Damage plus Spider-Gwen’s Evade plus Black Widow’s Ability Accuracy Reduction plus plus plus plus plus?

It’s Guillotine.

Big Freaking Sword. Souls. Some interaction with healing. Some type of DPS mechanic.

It’s not a new character. What did people expect?

I was surprised it actually ended up this different. I'm not interested in Guillotine at all, but this makes me more interested in the remaining deathless champs.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,344 ★★★★★
    It's 100k points in arena.
    I'll take it.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

ESF said:

I guess I am baffled at what people expected.

Whether it’s Deathless/Nameless/Trophy, it’s Guillotine.

What did people expect it to look like — Icarus’ Flash Vision plus Quicksilver’s Slow plus Black Bolt’s True Damage plus Spider-Gwen’s Evade plus Black Widow’s Ability Accuracy Reduction plus plus plus plus plus?

It’s Guillotine.

It’s not a new character. What did people expect?

I was surprised it actually ended up this different. I'm not interested in Guillotine at all, but this makes me more interested in the remaining deathless champs.
    I think sometimes people could really do more of what you just said, which is say, “OK, this isn’t for me, but there’s about a billion other things in this game to investigate.” JMO
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 549 ★★★
    I see everyone talking about how the Deathless champs were said to be game changing but that wasn't really what Kabam stated. They mentioned how each Deathless champion would have a similar kit to the normal version with a somewhat unique take but that they would not be meta defining.

Deathless Thanos, if I recall correctly, was said to be a meta defining champion. He's the target at the end of this journey and it can only be accomplished by acquiring all the Deathless champions. For the other Deathless champions, I think people have set their expectations too high. That being said, I can agree that a little more could have been put into her kit.

However, as I've seen others point out some nice details to her kit, I think she is being underrated. She has an excellent base crit rate and powerful Degens that, when stacked, will drain the opponent and feed her Souls for her SP3. And only half the Souls (rounded down) are consumed on each use of the SP3, making it much easier to get back to same amount the next time around to keep the damage loop going. Degens are also guaranteed on critical hits and the more Souls you get, the more Degen's are inflicted, the faster your opponent's health goes down.

And her synergies are a nice little touch. With all Deathless Champions, her Degen effects receives an 80% boost in potency.

She's not a crazy champ, and again, I do think a little more could have been added, but she looks like a solid damage champion with good base stats. Not meta defining or best-in-the-class but solid and one part of the puzzle that will give you the true gold at the end of the rainbow in Deathless Thanos.
  • Options
    ReidlosReidlos Posts: 19
    As an absurd Guillotine fangirl, I just fear that this is the last we see of her for a while, and I don't want this to be what she goes out on.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 549 ★★★
    Reidlos said:

As an absurd Guillotine fangirl, I just fear that this is the last we see of her for a while, and I don't want this to be what she goes out on.

I truly believe her damage will be better than you think but you don't have to listen to me on that. What I would recommend is waiting to form your opinion on her until after we've all seen gameplay which will give us an idea of her strength and a real basis to judge off, other than a model and some numbers on the screen. They tell a story but we won't see the full extent of that story until we see those numbers in action.

What I'm curious about is whether or not Deathless champions will be subject to the champion rebalancing program. Anyone know something about this?
  • Options
    Shock29 said:

Reidlos said:

What I'm curious about is whether or not Deathless champions will be subject to the champion rebalancing program. Anyone know something about this?
    I'm 90% sure they are
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,820 ★★★★
    They will probably update the correct later when we are actually able to get her with the last piece. Current one is placeholder.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,820 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Wicket329 said:

Anti-Aegon: Starts off wildly powerful, gets weaker as the content goes on
    Anti-Ægon, starts at 6 persistent charges, each charge adds 100 combo to his combo meter but he loses a persistent charge at the start of every fight and his combo in the fight is permanently inverted. His sig adds 1-6 more charges at the start of the quest and a combo shield.

Would be absolutely broken in war, but not in necropolis.
    They should add him as Deathless Aegon. This makes sense for a dark mode Aegon.