**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Kabam get audited for their drop rates

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
Just wondering because it's impossible for us to really know how accurate it is unless we take a large sample of crystals. There's really no way to tell unless you would have to trust them. The funny thing is, all the blunders where they have compensated people over the years, I don't ever recall a crystal one where the champ wasn't in there or the drop rates were wrong...hmmm

Comments

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Just wondering because it's impossible for us to really know how accurate it is unless we take a large sample of crystals. There's really no way to tell unless you would have to trust them. The funny thing is, all the blunders where they have compensated people over the years, I don't ever recall a crystal one where the champ wasn't in there or the drop rates were wrong...hmmm

Why would a multimillion dollar company risk any potential lawsuits, over drops on digital items that they can practically infinitely produce?
    It would be really dumb to do, and there is a 0,00000001% chance for Kabam to do that 😂
    P.S. Any large sample analysis that has been processed by players during these years the game runs, suggests that Kabam percentages for variable crystals are very accurate 😉
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,990 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 Can we drop some stats on this guy? (It doesn't matter which stats, it's highly likely they wont understand them so it could be random numbers.) This is like the 3rd time I've seen them say this exact thing today
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,047 ★★★★★

Void and Sentry....
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    There are many examples of crystals that have had wrong drop rates and even champ pools that were different than advertised. In fact 1 summer I think it was 2021, when the two pack of Cavalier nexus crystals were sold for 5 bucks every Wednesday and they were a great deal. Everyone would try to buy them right when they dropped because there was a good chance they were not the advertised crystals. They would notice quickly and change them. However for all the ones sold before they were corrected kabaam would have to send the correct crystals out. I'm sure it would be easy to find those threads. It was nearly every week. So you basically got 4 cav nexus for 5 bucks. It sounds like a terrible deal now. But imagine if you could get two paragon nexus crystals for 5 bucks right now, with roughly 3% on the 7* and there was a good chance you would get 4 for 5 bucks. That's closer to the value at the time.
  • Options

There are many examples of crystals that have had wrong drop rates and even champ pools that were different than advertised. In fact 1 summer I think it was 2021, when the two pack of Cavalier nexus crystals were sold for 5 bucks every Wednesday and they were a great deal. Everyone would try to buy them right when they dropped because there was a good chance they were not the advertised crystals. They would notice quickly and change them. However for all the ones sold before they were corrected kabaam would have to send the correct crystals out. I'm sure it would be easy to find those threads. It was nearly every week. So you basically got 4 cav nexus for 5 bucks. It sounds like a terrible deal now. But imagine if you could get two paragon nexus crystals for 5 bucks right now, with roughly 3% on the 7* and there was a good chance you would get 4 for 5 bucks. That's closer to the value at the time.

I mean, that's just general messing up. Nothing to do with the manipulation of rates. Kabam just was not having a good time with those crystals and it took them awhile to sort it out
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I mean, that's just general messing up. Nothing to do with the manipulation of rates. Kabam just was not having a good time with those crystals and it took them awhile to sort it out
    I guess my point was they went out of there way to ensure that the drop rates and crystals were accurate. I don't see why they would go through the hassle if they were purposely lying about it to begin with.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Was there an issue with 5* punisher? Where no one got him and suddenly after an update he started popping up?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,220 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    If you want, I can help you with that for a small fee of

1 BILLION DOLLARS

• Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Uh have you guys hear of mistakes...It's only against the law if they do it on purpose. The question is...does Kabam admit to mistakes and fixes it...or silently fixes it.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,047 ★★★★★

Uh have you guys hear of mistakes...It's only against the law if they do it on purpose. The question is...does Kabam admit to mistakes and fixes it...or silently fixes it.

There's literally a thread on the missing 7*'s from the basic pool. But it's possible they fix things behind the scenes. So I would assume it's both.
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 193 ★★
    So we get that mistakes happen but what if mistakes happen and aren't caught till months later and kabam doesn't admit to them? Does Google or Apple stores get a report to make sure kabam is living up to their drop rates? I'm sure the answer is yes and that's something behind the scenes with no transparency to the consumer just faith that its correct or self policing.
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 270 ★★★

First of all, audited by who?

What exactly is the point of this Thread? There's easier ways to say you didn't pull what you wanted.

100K times people disapproved your posts, like 5 times more than your posts were agreed with… why are you picking the sour side each time? there’re hundred different ways to say the same thing, yet you pick the most inflamatory ones. weird…
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

The answer is yes. They do. You're not giving this community enough credit. If anything is amiss, it doesn't go unnoticed.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,235 ★★★
    You can't blame Kabam on your bad luck (bad because of your perception).
    Maybe the champs on crystals you pulled save you sometime, just learn to play with them.

Or, try more to get a better one for you.

For me and a lot of summoners, Kabam is always fair. Zillion times we got compensation...even for something we didn't have anything about the case.

Just realize that drop rates are fair and the same for you, me and everyone else.

Once I pulled Zemo 6* and was shocked, even now, only few people have him....now with the free Zemos maybe more people will have one.

But other 2 times,in a space of 1 month, trying the featured 6* , pulled....Old Man Logan twice...yes.

Keep playing and trying, you will pull Groot next ☺️
  • Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    The only thing Kabam should be audited is the reel of heroes when you open the crystal.
    That reel doesn't reflect the drop rates not even in the slightest.

Let's say the drop rates are:
    - 60% --- 3 * hero
    - 30% --- 4 * hero
    - 9% --- 5 * hero
    - 1% --- 6* hero

You see in the reel more 5* + 6* than you see 3*.
    And in most cases, the crystal will land on a 3* having on the left and right 5* or 6*.

The rates may be 100% accurate but the visual reel is 100% misleading.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    I believe the drop rates are correct...it is the contents of the crystal that I question. The recent issue over Warlock not being in a crystal is, in my opinion, not a new occurrence. I have opened many crystals that were supposed have new champs added to the crystal but THEY never spun past or showed among the champs running past the spin. I have brought it up in here many times but never gotten ,"keep what you got and we will give you another."
    I have also heard multiple times over the years that "the spinner images are for entertainment only," but I can say for certain that a spin never stopped on a champ I didn't see go by several times before I hit the screen to crack the crystal.
    I am sorry you did not get the champ you wanted, but, odds are "he has been added to the pool" or is "in the pool" but he is not in every champ crystal you spin...
    That is my opinion anyway.

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    It would be the height of stupidity for Kabam to fudge numbers on purpose. Things happen though. Sometimes numbers are transposed or missing. No one is consistently perfect and sometimes the 2nd and 3rd checks fail to catch errors.
    If other parts of the game are prone to error and everyone accepts it, how and why could this one aspect be the unassailable shining beacon of perfection? I'm interested in hearing about the catch system, not the details of course, but we still don't really know how Kabam moves behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Rap said:

I believe the drop rates are correct...it is the contents of the crystal that I question. The recent issue over Warlock not being in a crystal is, in my opinion, not a new occurrence. I have opened many crystals that were supposed have new champs added to the crystal but THEY never spun past or showed among the champs running past the spin. I have brought it up in here many times but never gotten ,"keep what you got and we will give you another."
    I have also heard multiple times over the years that "the spinner images are for entertainment only," but I can say for certain that a spin never stopped on a champ I didn't see go by several times before I hit the screen to crack the crystal.
    I am sorry you did not get the champ you wanted, but, odds are "he has been added to the pool" or is "in the pool" but he is not in every champ crystal you spin...
    That is my opinion anyway.

How do people still not understand the spinner is fake
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 638 ★★★
    I don't think they intentionally change rates. The worst they can do is accidentally use the wrong crystal type (e.g use a regular cavs instead of giving out featured), which has happened in the past. The only conspiracy that's close enough to be true is how many times has this happened in the past without players noticing or Kabam not retroactively fixing the mistake.
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 115 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

@DNA3000 Can we drop some stats on this guy? (It doesn't matter which stats, it's highly likely they wont understand them so it could be random numbers.) This is like the 3rd time I've seen them say this exact thing today

Yeah, because people complaining about drop rates really want to read a 10 paragraph essay...
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Yeah, because people complaining about drop rates really want to read a 10 paragraph essay...
    Apparently people responding to me cant read inside parenthesis either