Options

Champion Hockey Teams

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,048 ★★★★★
For those that watched the stream today, you caught Jax and Miike's answers to @Cat_Murdock asking "If you could make a hockey team out of MCOC champions, who would you pick and why?" Also, being kept to five member teams, because obviously both teams have already taken a penalty.

This question rules and I think we should keep it going. My picks are:
Goalie: Sandman - the ability to just disintegrate and become a solid wall in front of the goal? Just silly.
Defense: Taskmaster and Ebony Maw - Taskmaster can mimic all the greats and his opponents, it just makes sense that he'd be a killer player. Ebony Maw is telekinetic. Feels like it might be cheating, but I don't see a rule in the book that says a dog can't play basketball the players can't be magic.
Forwards: Rhino and Iceman - Rhino clears a path, Iceman's the nimble skater. I'm thinking Pat Maroon and Brayden Point.

What do y'all think? Who are you putting on your team?

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★
    Sersi to turn it to metal and electro to fry anyone who tries to touch it lol
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 842 ★★★★
    Quicksilver would be Mcjesus
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Loved that question and the discussion that followed 😁

OP’s team looks solid. I’m not going to put together a full team here but I’ll mention Nightcrawler as a great forward option… and I also think Elektra’s 85% defensive AA reduction on opponents with debuffs (even non-damaging ones) would make her a solid option as a grinder on the third or fourth line
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Juggernaut would Milan Lucic his way through Ryan Miller into the net.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 545 ★★★
    I know nothing about hockey but the question is a fun one.

Goalie: Spot - He'd be able to make portals to defend the goal and send it back at the other team
    Defense: Warlock and Iceman - The best skater on the ice combined with a robot who can change its shape to block a variety of shots
    Forward: Mantis and Yondu - Mantis puts everyone to sleep on the ice while Yondu uses his hockey stick and centurion arrow to move the puck and score even when its nowhere near him.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Dukenpuke said:

Juggernaut would Milan Lucic his way through Ryan Miller into the net.

This has real 2011 vibes :D
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★

I worry he’d be more like mid 2000’s Corey Perry, fly down the ice, lose an edge, and board himself without scoring
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,048 ★★★★★

I worry he’d be more like mid 2000’s Corey Perry, fly down the ice, lose an edge, and board himself without scoring
    That's exactly what I was thinking, all speed, no control. He'll be more like a pinball flung onto the ice than an actual player.
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Goalie: Thing (brick wall in net)

Def: Antman & Maestro (glancing attacks af)

Left wing: Valkyrie (crushing the opp D even when they are blocking)

Right wing (bench): Invisible Woman (is she really in the penalty box?🤔)

Center: Unstoppable Colossus (because he "truly" is unstoppable I guess) 😭
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Nice and friendly thread btw 🤗
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 946 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Center: Iceman. As arguably the best skater, you want a reliable center who can be support for anything that goes wrong.

Right wing: Quicksilver. Speed kills, self explanatory.

Left wing: Kitty pryde. Her phasing would be incredibly helpful to be open for passes and to get passes through to others (like QS.)

Right Defense: Mojo. If I came down the ice and saw that face I’d run for the hills.

Left defense: Mysterio. Trying to cross the blue line? Yeah right, bro was already charging his heavy.

Goalie: Sasquatch. Pretty sure if he sits down he’d cover the entire net.

Coach: Nick fury. Master strategist, hella synergies.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Yeah, I was thinking you have to have at least 1 Canadian on the team so:

Guardian - C
    Iceman - LW
    QS - RW
    Taskmaster and Silver Surfer as your Defensemen
    Mordo - Goalie (operates best when his back is against a wall...errr, net)

Could just put some big guys in there, but we all saw what MJ and the toons did to the Monstars. Different game, but probably would yield similar results.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Gotta add Bob and Doug McKenzie to the contest as ringers.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 377 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Goalie: Mr. Fantastic
    Left Defense: Thing
    Right Defense: Korg

Left Wing: Rhino
    Center: Herc
    Right Wing: Juggernaut

Have fun!!
  • Options
    champs i would definitely not want on my team:

- Modok: he's like the t-rex of mcoc... how's this guy gonna hold a hockey stick

- Weapon X: his bio says "he was driven into an insane berserk rage"... even for hockey that's a bit much

- Howard the Duck: he's fine, i just don't want to have to hear the noises he's gonna make when he gets hit

- Deadpool and the other pools... those goofballs don't take anything seriously

- Gladiator: waiting to see if he gets buffed
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,423 ★★★★★
    Goalie-Spot
    Defense- Onslaught Mysterio
    RW-Rhino
    LW Kitty
    Center-Iceman
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    edited December 2023
    My team-

1.Prof x-

controls everyones mind and wins the match single-handedly.

2.Substitutes-

Rest members of my team will be those who are psychic shielded like mr sinister, juggernaut, Magneto Mysterio.

3.To deal with humans-

And if the people from game stadium protests , saying this is not fair. Well we have magneto to shift that entire stadium in different latitudes and longitudes. ;)