**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Chee’ilth’s brother grizzly tattoo design request

Hey there, I was thinking about getting the brother grizzly tattoo done on my right arm bc I just love the design so much, so I was wondering if there’s any way to get a high quality image of it so I can pass it on to the artist and not just a screenshot of the YouTube video of her. Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,651 ★★★★★
    @Cat_Murdock Maybe you could do something. Unless a Kabam employee wants to step in for a hard af tattoo
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    I bet you could download the 3d model off deviantart or something and use that to see it
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

I bet you could download the 3d model off deviantart or something and use that to see it

This.
  • Options
    BeckettBeckett Posts: 20
    Pikolu said:

I talked with Kabam about it and to do that you'd need written permission from both kabam and the artist in order to get that. What they would recommend is staying true to the heritage of Chee'ilth and have a First Nations artist design their own variant of Brother grizzly that would be true to their own Nation and Heritage.

If that’s the case, is there some way to get that written permission? I’m gonna be in Vancouver next January, probably I could stop by or something, does that sound reasonable?
  • Options
    Beckett said:

Pikolu said:

I talked with Kabam about it and to do that you'd need written permission from both kabam and the artist in order to get that. What they would recommend is staying true to the heritage of Chee'ilth and have a First Nations artist design their own variant of Brother grizzly that would be true to their own Nation and Heritage.

If that’s the case, is there some way to get that written permission? I’m gonna be in Vancouver next January, probably I could stop by or something, does that sound reasonable?
    I don't know how you get written permission from them. Might be something you ask support about. They might be helpful in giving you an answer, but they might not too.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

Beckett said:

Pikolu said:

I don't know how you get written permission from them. Might be something you ask support about. They might be helpful in giving you an answer, but they might not too.
    What's baffling me is that Kabam told you that they need to give OP permission but did not
    1. Say they will give permission
    2. Say they will deny permission
    3. Pass along a message to sit tight while they discuss it internally and with the artist
    1. The artist is probably on Holiday leave
    2. They probably want the artist permission before they give permission
    3. The artist is probably on Holiday leave

The champion designer for Chee'ilth was the one who recommended having a First Nations artist design their own variant of the tattoo to stay true to her heritage. It'll probably be easier doing that than waiting on permission.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

Beckett said:

Pikolu said:

What's baffling me is that Kabam told you that they need to give OP permission but did not
    3. Pass along a message to sit tight while they discuss it internally and with the artist

The champion designer for Chee'ilth was the one who recommended having a First Nations artist design their own variant of the tattoo to stay true to her heritage. It'll probably be easier doing that than waiting on permission.
    Right but they could have said that and told OP to wait. Instead they just said they would need to give permission and left it like that which honestly gives 0 information to the OP on what will happen next. They might as well have just said "OP we heard your request.... bye" lol
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

Beckett said:

Pikolu said:

Right but they could have said that and told OP to wait. Instead they just said they would need to give permission and left it like that which honestly gives 0 information to the OP on what will happen next. They might as well have just said "OP we heard your request.... bye" lol
    They technically didn't even have to say anything at all. I'm sorry if it isn't what you'd like to hear, I'm just relaying what they told me. Chee'ilths design is owned by Kabam, Marvel, and the artist they paid to do it. The process of getting access to that requires getting permission from both Kabam and the artist. That is just standard procedure.
    That makes sense. The “how does this person do that” part is what’s missing. Hopefully Jax or Miike can get them in touch with the right person if it’s something Kabam would do.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

Beckett said:

Pikolu said:

They technically didn't even have to say anything at all. I'm sorry if it isn't what you'd like to hear, I'm just relaying what they told me. Chee'ilths design is owned by Kabam, Marvel, and the artist they paid to do it. The process of getting access to that requires getting permission from both Kabam and the artist. That is just standard procedure.
    Im not disagreeing with the standard procedure. I'm just saying that if they cared about the procedure they would have at least said no or told them to wait because OP can go to a tattoo shop right now with their image and get it done.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    What happens if op doesn’t get permission? Or is it just out of respect to the artist?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Emilia90 said:

What happens if op doesn’t get permission? Or is it just out of respect to the artist?

It's technically copyrighted by kabam and the artist but realistically tf are they gonna do if op gets it. They'd never know unless they somehow came across a picture of it. They'd need to have Nintendo level ninjas around the globe lol

So in short. They could pursue legal action if they felt like it. But if OP changes it a bit and brings it to the realm of fair use then it gets more muddy if they wanna fight with that
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

It's technically copyrighted by kabam and the artist but realistically tf are they gonna do if op gets it. They'd never know unless they somehow came across a picture of it. They'd need to have Nintendo level ninjas around the globe lol

So in short. They could pursue legal action if they felt like it. But if OP changes it a bit and brings it to the realm of fair use then it gets more muddy if they wanna fight with that
    Ah ok makes sense. I was thinking the same thing. New character that’s not known by many with a design that could mean a lot of things = who’s even gonna know in the first place + unless he’s posting the tattoo in every marvel forum nothing will probably happen.

If I saw that tattoo on someone outside, I wouldn’t even draw a connection to marvel lol
  • Options
    (perspective #1)
    I understand that businesses selling things containing copyrighted images would need to get approval (most likely paid), license agreement, etc. Stores that sell merchandise containing those characters, etc.

And (not that I am familiar with tattoo parlor licensing), that I assume tattoo parlors offering such licensed character images as a tattoo would need such agreement/license.

But to what point would that extend to the CUSTOMER coming in with such image on their own and wanting to get that done ? (same for T-Shirt silk-screeners or embroiderers, with Customer bringing in the image, instead of the business itself offering it from a book of images they have).
    Or customer coming in with their own “re-imagined” image, BASED on a licensed character, but drawn on their own and NOT just a straight copy ?

Especially when Customer is not further profiting from said image (and in the case of a tattoo, can not re-sell their tattoo'd skin for profit later on).

Taking that further, what if someone who is an artist paints a picture of Ironman or a certain “M.” Mouse, etc, for their own private use to hang on their own wall (instead of to sell for profit). Is that allowed, or not allowed ?
    And would that also apply if someone else did the painting (or tattoo'ing) who is say a friend, and NO MONEY exchanged hands for the creation ?
  • Options

(perspective #1)
    I understand that businesses selling things containing copyrighted images would need to get approval (most likely paid), license agreement, etc. Stores that sell merchandise containing those characters, etc.

And (not that I am familiar with tattoo parlor licensing), that I assume tattoo parlors offering such licensed character images as a tattoo would need such agreement/license.

But to what point would that extend to the CUSTOMER coming in with such image on their own and wanting to get that done ? (same for T-Shirt silk-screeners or embroiderers, with Customer bringing in the image, instead of the business itself offering it from a book of images they have).
    Or customer coming in with their own “re-imagined” image, BASED on a licensed character, but drawn on their own and NOT just a straight copy ?

Especially when Customer is not further profiting from said image (and in the case of a tattoo, can not re-sell their tattoo'd skin for profit later on).

Taking that further, what if someone who is an artist paints a picture of Ironman or a certain “M.” Mouse, etc, for their own private use to hang on their own wall (instead of to sell for profit). Is that allowed, or not allowed ?
    And would that also apply if someone else did the painting (or tattoo'ing) who is say a friend, and NO MONEY exchanged hands for the creation ?

(alternative, with heavy dose of Sarcasm)

Just go onto DALL*E and have it generate what will come out as basically a near MIMIC of what you want.
    Because, of course, that is totally legal.
    Because that AI is just further imagining something, not doing an exact copy.
    Even though individual sections of it will indeed be exact copies, just with some pixels re-arranged, just enough so that AI platforms “claim” that it is independent work, and should not be considered copyright infringement (lol).

(Reference to a recent new thread on the latest quality of AI Art up here, as well as the older thread showing initial “poor quality” AI Art and it's updated progression using the newest AI versions)
    (those latest images in those posts look nearly dead-on realistic of the Marvel copyrighted characters themselves)

Spit
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 473 ★★★

I’m not the original artist, but i wanna share it for inspiration.