Vote Ruby Thursday: the case for your vote.

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    Bigfoot33 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

But I feel like half of 2023 champs were female? Nothing against it of course. Just feels like it underr the context of we need more female champs argument lol.

2023 had the most women so far, but I’m pretty sure that the ratio of men to women in the contest is still vastly uneven
    DISCLAIMER: I have done ZERO research

I'm pretty sure the ratio of men to women in the entire marvel universe is skewed to men. But it feels like the ratio of banger champs in MCOC are fairly even, maybe slightly leaning towards women.

Every time I'm setting up a roster, my 5 most used champs are about 2 to 4 female. Valkyrie, Kate, Cassie, Kitty and BWCV are among the best in the game hands down. Kudos kabam.

Cassie over Titania is something.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,829 ★★★★★
    If she is mystic I'd vote her till the end of times.
    She not then I won't.....
    Just mystic simping things.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

But I feel like half of 2023 champs were female? Nothing against it of course. Just feels like it underr the context of we need more female champs argument lol.

2023 had the most women so far, but I’m pretty sure that the ratio of men to women in the contest is still vastly uneven
    Its that way in comics in general. Meaning either marvel or kabam need to make new original female characters in general.
    Or they can just... You know... Do what @DNA3000 and @Emilia90 suggested and add more female characters that already exist in the comics so they can balance it out in the game at least? Lol
    Haha yeah that’s exactly how I see it. 2023 did have the most even ratio of men to women so far. If we’re counting Deathless Guilly, I believe it’s 11 women, 11 men, and 2 that use they/them (kindred cause it’s a man and a woman and Vox)
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 383 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

Viper/Madame Hydra sp3 is already "leaked" so keep trying to lure voters in false promises, Viper is winning and it won't even be close.

Hush, before I make a call to Ron Stoppable.
    I was gonna say, that Viper GIF looked a lot like a sexy Shego...but, of course, that statement would be redundant ;)
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Member Posts: 1,993 ★★★★
    I've been to ruby Tuesday a couple of times and it's not bad but it's not great either. So prolly just gonna stick with blob cuz bellybump off with Kingpin = very funny
  • LickyLicky Member Posts: 331 ★★★
    We shouldn't just vote for a character cos they're female so disagree with that point.

But otherwise could be an interesting character
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Blob running away?

• Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 475 ★★★
    Im a huge Ruby Thursday fan.
    Ive secured my entire alliance already so their votes will be directed to her
  • Swixsy_63Swixsy_63 Member Posts: 36

The same argument that we shouldn’t vote for blob for just name recognition, is the same reason we shouldn’t vote for Ruby just cause we might get some cool things that might never be added anyways, Blob all the way 😂 We had expectations on cool abilities gladiator might have based on his description and arguably it’s the same excitement as the anonymous quote about viper

If you watched the stream, Jax basically said her animations would be crazy because of her powers and abilities in the comics so it isn't a might, if she wins she will have cool animations (she's also Miike's favorite, he wouldn't let them do her dirty). So no, you're wrong.
    Damn if she's miike's favourite then

RIP she'd probably be like Cyclops 😭
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    Ok, Viper it is!
  • zerodudezerodude Member Posts: 42
    I'll vote for Ruby, id love to see another character with cartoonish animations in crazy ways hahahah
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,419 ★★★★★
    Swixsy_63 said:

The same argument that we shouldn’t vote for blob for just name recognition, is the same reason we shouldn’t vote for Ruby just cause we might get some cool things that might never be added anyways, Blob all the way 😂 We had expectations on cool abilities gladiator might have based on his description and arguably it’s the same excitement as the anonymous quote about viper

If you watched the stream, Jax basically said her animations would be crazy because of her powers and abilities in the comics so it isn't a might, if she wins she will have cool animations (she's also Miike's favorite, he wouldn't let them do her dirty). So no, you're wrong.
    Damn if she's miike's favourite then

RIP she'd probably be like Cyclops 😭
    The best mechanic in the game when Cyclops was released was armor break lol no, bad comparison.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

I think it's literally impossible for me not to read or write her name as Ruby Tuesday. I haven't done either once on the first try yet. This is the only reason I cannot consider her for my vote

Fortunately, it isn’t a write-in vote.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

I think it's literally impossible for me not to read or write her name as Ruby Tuesday. I haven't done either once on the first try yet. This is the only reason I cannot consider her for my vote

But if she was added I'd have to live with constantly calling her ruby Tuesday then autocorrecting that in my head
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,435 Guardian
    edited January 7
    ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

But if she was added I'd have to live with constantly calling her ruby Tuesday then autocorrecting that in my head
    How often are you going to be writing out her full name instead of just saying Ruby or RT?
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 732 ★★★
    Vote Blob and Swarm 🐝
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 732 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

NEXTON said:

Vote Blob and Swarm 🐝

Look, the fact that this is not their rallying cry tells me Swarm fans just don’t have what it takes to win this thing.

https://youtu.be/imw61jzdsXU?si=UTPx73eS07Bra13e
    Nvm, yall can take back my vote if this is it. Lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    NEXTON said:

DNA3000 said:

NEXTON said:

Vote Blob and Swarm 🐝

Look, the fact that this is not their rallying cry tells me Swarm fans just don’t have what it takes to win this thing.

https://youtu.be/imw61jzdsXU?si=UTPx73eS07Bra13e
    Nvm, yall can take back my vote if this is it. Lol
    If I thought Kabam would make this one of his powers, I'd consider switching my vote.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    Until Carnage gets released like he should have been, Shriek can't be put into the contest. Ruby seems neat, but the idea of her head creating appendages seems a lot like...well Carnage. I understand we'll never get the the version of the King in Black Carnage, but I digress.

People aren't voting for Blob because of his name. They are voting because he's a mutant. We need more mutants. I think it would be interesting if they had an obscure, villainous female mutant. But with this champ not coming out until Septemberish, we may see a few mutants by then.

Viper is going to be skill. We have some solid female skill champs. I think this vote may be closer than experts think.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,419 ★★★★★
    Vanitelia said:

Until Carnage gets released like he should have been, Shriek can't be put into the contest. Ruby seems neat, but the idea of her head creating appendages seems a lot like...well Carnage. I understand we'll never get the the version of the King in Black Carnage, but I digress.

People aren't voting for Blob because of his name. They are voting because he's a mutant. We need more mutants. I think it would be interesting if they had an obscure, villainous female mutant. But with this champ not coming out until Septemberish, we may see a few mutants by then.

Viper is going to be skill. We have some solid female skill champs. I think this vote may be closer than experts think.

If we're talking about classes, the tech class isn't that insane either. Yes FAM exists now but he isn't carrying the whole tech class on his back, mutants definitely need a banger more than tech but they both need more bangers in general so getting a tech in this year's Summoner's Choice wouldn't be a bad thing.

As for her abilities being compared to Carnage I don't think that's quite right. Maybe a few similarities sure but as far as I know, Carnage can't turn his head into a spear launcher, then detach it and blow it up in someone's face.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    @ItsClobberinTime I hear you. Tech is up there with Mutant as well. Ruby should be tech since her abilities stem from robotics.

Carnage as King in Black would be an awesome end-game level boss. That story had avengers, mutants, F4, spiderverse, villains, heroes, you name it. The Carnage we have is like a SNES-version character vs some of the champs we have now.