**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Raids FAQ

Hi summoners/kabam,

Cautious Raids start in a couple of days. Do we have a FAQ for Raids so the community can ask questions?

Would be great to check them over and I have a few questions which are below:-

As there are 10 champs with 3 lanes, 3 champs per group. Can the 3 tactician have the same champ?

Regards to the rewards:- are all the rewards for the whole alliance?
It says “Boss clear” - is that per boss? Or is it based on each boss defeated? To get the 7.5k 7* shards.

Thanks,

Tinnr

Comments

• Options
    FYI, the “How-To” post is ..
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/353543/aq-raids-a-preliminary-how-to#latest

And here was some info I provided earlier, example below is for just BG1.

As far as cost, if you (as individual) join a RAIDS BG that week, it costs you the full 180 tokens that were provided to each of us for free as a “startup gift”. Subsequent weeks will have to earn more tickets by 100% exploring of Maps 6/7/8, or purchase more (like old AQ tickets used to).
    So more casual alliances may NOT want to run Raids on ALL of their BG's first time thru here. Gives rest of alliance a chance to Observe how Raids goes, without draining everyone of their tickets for next time.

** METHOD FOR RAID SETUP **

Note, each BG can be setup do *either* the normal style AQ Map, *or* the new RAID Map, independent of your other BG's.

1st pic showing setup still as normal AQ maps.

To setup Raid instead, click on the RED “RAID” button under the BG #. (it is a Button, not just informational text).
    Then, in the Map select, you can use the usual Left / Right Arrows to switch between “no raid” and the “raid” map.
    Then (as normal) click back into an empty area of screen, and the setting for Raid Map will be active for that BG. Still have to press “SAVE”.

Note, to switch back from a Raid setting to normal AQ setting for that BG, go back in, and use the Left / Right arrows to switch away from Raid Map back to NO-MAP.
    Then click off that, then the week-long Raid banner for that BG will go away, back to the normal 7-day selectors for that BG (which you can then go back in and use Arrows to select from Map-1 thru Map-8, as normal).

• Options
    **Raid Map**
    3 Main Paths, with 3 Sub-Paths each.

• Options
    ** Sub-Paths **
    Each Sub-Path designed specifically for 1 of the 3 different ROLES.
    You choose your Role and bring a matching Champ that fits your selected Role (I assume you’ll be able to filter champs by a Role Tag), and then take that corresponding Sub-Path.

Tactician — Vanguard — Assault
    (repeat for each of the 3 Main Paths) = 9 players.

Then last person can be in reserve, might choose to wait and see if any particular Role needs help.

**QUESTION**
    Not sure if the “Charges” that each Role provides to other Roles (by completing “Missions” during fights) will apply to people who have not yet joined prior to those Charges being earned ??
    Although I assume (?) that “Charges” earned along one Main Path (between their 3 members) probably carry across to people of same Role no matter which Main Path they are on (that is not very clear, or are they only among the 3 players on same Main Path).

Note on 10th person (reserve). If other 9 ppl already explore 100% without needing a 10th, don't forget to have 10th join in before end of week or else they probably don’t get their rewards (unless they really want to forfeit their individual map rewards that week for being able to save their 180 Tickets for another month).

• Options
    ** Treasure Choice Nodes **
    3x along each of the 3 Main Paths (after each of the Mini-Bosses along each Path).
    (very light purple squares on the full Raid Map graphic earlier)

**Question**
    Not very clear whether EVERYONE along that Path gets to claim each of that path's Treasures as they travel by it (I would assume so). So everyone would be able to get 3 Treasures, including any late-coming Reserve 10th person ??

It says “not shared between everyone” on announcement text, but I assume that just means “not shared with others who were on different MAIN-Paths”. As in not shared from one successful group of 3 with another group of 3 who never made it past some of their own Mini-Bosses.

Or whether it is like a normal Quest Treasure, which (although those are Solo Content) is claimed once and then goes away. ie, does only the first person to reach each Treasure get to claim it (as in, the person who defeats that Mini-Boss beforehand) ?? (I imagine that would cause some major problems within alliance).

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,007 Guardian

**Question**
    Not very clear whether EVERYONE along that Path gets to claim each of that path's Treasures as they travel by it (I would assume so). So everyone would be able to get 3 Treasures, including any late-coming Reserve 10th person ??

The treasure chest rewards are given to anyone who walks over it. If there is an alliance that knows they won't be able to explore the raid map, all 10 of them could take the right path only and beat all 3 of the bosses and all 10 people will get the treasure chest rewards. You get the rewards added instantly after landing on the treasure chest node, I've seen things like 2k Titan shards, 3k 7* shards, 25% random t6cc, and in bittersteels stream today he got 125% t6cc and 150% t6cc from his first 2 chests.
  • Options
    DanxorDanxor Posts: 108 ★★
    How will lockouts work, if I have a champ on War Defense, can I use them in Raids? If I have a champ in raids, can I bring them to War for attack? A 1 week lockout on a champ mid war season could be very annoying.
  • Options
    Danxor said:

How will lockouts work, if I have a champ on War Defense, can I use them in Raids? If I have a champ in raids, can I bring them to War for attack? A 1 week lockout on a champ mid war season could be very annoying.

Exact same lockout rules as in AQ. No questing, no war, can't be on your war defense.
  • Options
    DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 194 ★★
    How can an alliance member see, if the alliance had enlisted for a Raid?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,497 ★★★★★

How can an alliance member see, if the alliance had enlisted for a Raid?

Look at your AQ calendar for next week. It will either say raid or show your usual AQ maps
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    what's important to note is that Raids not NOT intended for new players, mid players and even a very high percentage of "high" players. Raids are for Paragon and Valiant players ... and by Paragon I mean one step away from Valiant kind of players.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    Anyone know which champs from each 3 work the best?
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,442 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

what's important to note is that Raids not NOT intended for new players, mid players and even a very high percentage of "high" players. Raids are for Paragon and Valiant players ... and by Paragon I mean one step away from Valiant kind of players.

That would be a shame, coz there are lots of low-mid paragon players who've been playing this stale as AQ mode for years and would like something to mix it up.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

That would be a shame, coz there are lots of low-mid paragon players who've been playing this stale as AQ mode for years and would like something to mix it up.
    sorry to break the news ... no. it's not content meant for beginning Paragon. they may not have explicitly said that but try it out and you'll see.
  • Options

Anyone know which champs from each 3 work the best?

Hulkling, Iron Man, Storm/Hulkbuster
  • Options
    For the 10% cap on damage, is it 10% of their max health dealt, or 10% lower from where you started. For example, if I am fighting Ultron and using a champion that does Energy based damage, and he is healing back 65% of all Energy damage I inflict. If the fight starts with him at 70%, will he go into unkillable mode after I have dealt enough damage for 10% of his health, even though he has healed back 65% of the damage I have dealt. Or will he go into the unkillable mode once I hit the magic 60% health left on him.
  • Options
    Danxor said:

For the 10% cap on damage, is it 10% of their max health dealt, or 10% lower from where you started. For example, if I am fighting Ultron and using a champion that does Energy based damage, and he is healing back 65% of all Energy damage I inflict. If the fight starts with him at 70%, will he go into unkillable mode after I have dealt enough damage for 10% of his health, even though he has healed back 65% of the damage I have dealt. Or will he go into the unkillable mode once I hit the magic 60% health left on him.

10% of Max Health. Also Ultron is unduped so he will not be regenerating energy damage from his Signature Ability (but you do need to watch out for his 25% and 50% regen)
  • Options
    When I preview the raid map Ultron is duped.
  • Options
    It looks like all the videos from the CCP Beta server have all of the champions unduped, but the raid map preview on the live servers they are duped. Is the live server different than the Beta, or is the preview map Bugged? I can easily see a different raid build on live and beta.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 680 ★★★
    You can hold a max of 2 at a time. If you pick up more, do they go to overflow? And what's the expiration time for the ones in overflow? If we decide to play raids just the last 3 days of the week, will the other revives still be in overflow or expire?
  • Options
    edited January 15
    Danxor said:

It looks like all the videos from the CCP Beta server have all of the champions unduped, but the raid map preview on the live servers they are duped. Is the live server different than the Beta, or is the preview map Bugged? I can easily see a different raid build on live and beta.

Hmmm odd, I assumed they were the same build, with it releasing so soon. That’s kinda annoying if they had us use something not fully reflective of the live version :/

In that case, I’m not sure how the damage threshold will work from your question. That also throws a large disadvantage to several champs who use energy damage against the end boss that aren’t present against the other ones.
  • Options

You can hold a max of 2 at a time. If you pick up more, do they go to overflow? And what's the expiration time for the ones in overflow? If we decide to play raids just the last 3 days of the week, will the other revives still be in overflow or expire?

When I asked about this earlier, I was told they basically just burn up in the overflow. They’re intended to be a “just for that day” type of item, so you can’t stock up on them.
  • Options
    Copying Cat's graphics into here (below) too, and a comment about Role Boosts…

Hey, is there a list, about which champs fit the Role Boosts best?
    I'm tempted to enter raids with AbsorbingMan, but Colossus could be even better with the “Super Buffs” boost.

Please note, you cannot use a Boost for a Champion of a different role.
    “Super Buffs” boost is a Tactician Boost, and Colossus and AbsorbingMan are Vanguard champions.

Make sure when you join you move to the Role Boost that matches who you bring, otherwise you’re gonna be pretty screwed as they are significant to your ability to do damage and gain Role Charges.

• Options

• Options
    Danxor said:

Official word is based on your alliances prestige will determine how many sigs the bosses have on the map. Means the already super low stonks on Kushala in raids just got even lower since she would only be useful for getting charges to others against Ultron.
  • Options

Here’s a map too, just to complete the set
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Danxor said:

Official word is based on your alliances prestige will determine how many sigs the bosses have on the map. Means the already super low stonks on Kushala in raids just got even lower since she would only be useful for getting charges to others against Ultron.
    Really rough to slot energy champs into roles when your main boss pretty much negates them for most people, with a damage cap as well.
  • Options
    Danxor said:

Pikolu said:

Danxor said:

Really rough to slot energy champs into roles when your main boss pretty much negates them for most people, with a damage cap as well.
    Trust me, I'm not happy about it either. Moreso, I also don't like how that might make Thanos really difficult to beat when you've lost 1/3rd of your damage output.
  • Options
    Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 210
    I am hearing that whoever is backup has to join on Day 1 or will be locked out. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?