Options

Kabam are joking?

2»

Comments

• Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 210 ★★
    edited January 16

This reward should not be RNG despite 95% of all stuff in the game being RNG and Raids traditionally having RNG rewards in every other game ever made.

The non-RNG stuff is the exploration stuff at the end of the quest. 10 paragon crystals or 1500 seven star shards being the worst rewards is still pretty good compared to the rest of the game RNG rewards.

I disagree that '95%' of the game is rng, that's just wrong.

I know the exact rewards I get from every single piece of content the only rng comes from the crystals from said content.

Act 8, War, AQ, BG I know exactly what I'm getting there is no rng involved in the actual rewards themselves
    Six to one half dozen to another. The vast majority of payouts of rewards are crystal shards or crystals. Basic catalysts, some sig stones (vast majority are crystals), iso and catalyst selectors are the only non RNG rewards in the game. There is only one piece of content that gives you a guaranteed champ with choice, the 100% exploration of the Necropolis with the seven star launch selector. Every other piece of content is random. Sure, you may know you're getting 1000 six star shards, but to say that's not a RNG reward is pedantic.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,803 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

You need to change your forum name because every post is the opposite of it

White Knight is fine for Jokerish acts. Dark Knight would be more serious posts.
  • Options

Also, KT's video touches on exactly this...

Shocker, not only me that's unhappy with rng being forced on us but also someone who has more experience than most people who play the game 🤷‍♂️

Shocker that KT1 is complaining about something. 🙄
    Shocker that you here to defend Kabam once again.
    There's A LOT of people who mindlessly defend Kabam... don't understand why as if they pushed for a better game we might actually get it 🤷‍♂️
    There’s A LOT of people who mindlessly attack Kabam…don’t understand why as if they understood the reason for certain changes and actually provided legit suggestion and know how they would see we have a better game and continue to better it
    Well said! 🔥
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Raids are a part of AQ though. In AQ you know exactly what you are getting and it's the same as everyone else in the alliance until it comes to using glory which is dependent on progression level. In AQ you get some gold and catalyst fragments that are clearly shown based on the map you run. At the end you get the rank and milestone rewards which are also the same for everyone in the alliance who plays. Contained within that is glory which, other than progression differences in what you can buy and how much it costs, allows you to buy what you want and is not random with the exception of the few catalyst crystals, which still provide exactly the same quantity of the reward anyways, it's just the class that is random.

Being a part of the AQ system, it seems to me like this is the 1 part of the team based or competitive pieces of the game where it makes the most sense to be able to argue it shouldn't be RNG based.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,738 Guardian
    Crine60 said:

Raids are a part of AQ though. In AQ you know exactly what you are getting and it's the same as everyone else in the alliance until it comes to using glory which is dependent on progression level. In AQ you get some gold and catalyst fragments that are clearly shown based on the map you run. At the end you get the rank and milestone rewards which are also the same for everyone in the alliance who plays. Contained within that is glory which, other than progression differences in what you can buy and how much it costs, allows you to buy what you want and is not random with the exception of the few catalyst crystals, which still provide exactly the same quantity of the reward anyways, it's just the class that is random.

Being a part of the AQ system, it seems to me like this is the 1 part of the team based or competitive pieces of the game where it makes the most sense to be able to argue it shouldn't be RNG based.

Except AQ Raids are intended to be essentially a new kind of game mode. It is just one that is integrated into the AQ system. They are even called "raids" to evoke MMO raids, because the intent is to try to replicate some of the flavor of traditional MMO raids which are often end game content. Part of that flavor is having more of a cooperative team oriented challenge. MCOC does not support simultaneous cooperative play, so they added essentially turn-based cooperation with the damage caps and the cross fight buffs. There's even a "holy trinity" of roles in Tactician, Vanguard, and Assault that run parallel to the traditional tank, heal, damage.

Another property of Raids is that they tend to have high value random lootbox rewards. That's true for a number of reasons, some applicable to MCOC and some not applicable, but most of them are just amplified versions of why you have random rewards at all. The purpose and value of random rewards has been discussed to death, but there's a reason why this is a very common occurrence in this kind of content.

Raid rewards aren't all random. There are fixed map rewards, plus the rewards related to AQ milestones that raids contribute towards, and on top of that there are random lootbox rewards. That's a reasonable reward design for raids in MCOC.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★

Bro the whole point of forums is to express your opinion for Kabam 😒

And all yall saying its rng, [obviously] its rng what an [obvious] comment 🤦‍♂️the points is, WHY is there rng?

Like what was the idea behind having a reward be completely random on a team path? It should be that we all get the same reward or a selector. This isn't a crystal we're opening, it's rewards on a path; I don't see any random rewards in War, AQ, Main Quest the only random rewards in game are on EQ where you might get a revive or iso.

The point is, this should be a guaranteed reward so we all get the same rewards since we're working together 🤷‍♂️

The whole point of the Forum is for us to discuss the game with each other. We have the benefit of being seen and heard by the staff, but as they've reiterated many times, it's not a personal walkie-talkie to Kabam.
    While we're free to be critical of things, it's also important to consider whether or not our discussions are constructive or not. It's an open forum, and what we say is open to interpretation and rebuttal from people in a respectful manner.
  • Options

Act 8, War, AQ, BG I know exactly what I'm getting there is no rng involved in the actual rewards themselves

I will note here that this is emblematic of a very interesting shift in thinking that has happened over the years, and especially in the last couple. Once upon a time the overwhelming complaint about RNG in the game was about champion crystals, which are essentially always random, and class crystals, which always seem to have the wrong class.

Those were not considered examples of random rewards, they *were* the random rewards. But we hear about class randomness a lot less (minus the occasional crystal conspiracy theory) and champion acquisition randomness almost not at all these days (minus the occasional omg crystal opening complaint). It has been fascinating to watch, actually.
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 262 ★★★
    Crine60 said:

I back this, they even removed AQ crystals to reduce the rng element and now they're just going back on themselves
  • Options

Crine60 said:

I back this, they even removed AQ crystals to reduce the rng element and now they're just going back on themselves
    That was not why they removed AQ map crystals. AQ map crystals were replaced with glory because the contents of AQ map crystals were scaled to the map, not the player. That meant a high progress player that decided to take it easy in AQ would only get low tier catalysts in those crystals, while a player that wanted lower tier catalysts to rank up lower champs could not get them at all if they did only high maps. Alliances were literally dropping down to map 1 just to get t1 alpha back in the day, back when those were necessary for lower tier rank ups. Glory was a way to eliminate the problem of AQ map crystals containing rewards tuned by map rather than player. With the glory store, players could run the highest map they were capable of running and wanted to run, and still get rewards appropriate to their rank up needs.

The randomness of the crystals had nothing to do with the introduction of the glory store and the removal of map crystals.
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 164
    Be happy you can atleast do raids. Some of us allies have a glitch where we don’t even have raids accessible yet.