**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Game Boring for Valiant

2»

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,410 ★★★★★

Help lower skilled/roster players in incursions. That's what I do.

Now, I understand your profile name.

Paid?
    No lol, He just helps, he is a nice guy.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,965 ★★★★★

I may be in the minority but I really enjoy endgame. I grinded my ass off for a long time to get where I am now and now I can relax.

I play competitive aw because there really isn't anything else. After monthly eq and paragon gauntlet are done it's just side event and that's it.

I play battlegrounds whenever I want and end up somewhere in arcane/quantum without pushing. I play incursions if I feel like it and want to have fun with random champs. Aw covers the competitive aspect. If I want to play more I can always set goals for myself like mysterium in bgs, or do some abyss (still 2 paths unexplored...shrug).

It's really fun and... peaceful actually :smile:

@IvarTheBoneless if you get quantum with minimal grinding, when do you stop playing for the season? Its easy to climb in the middle of the seaaon but on the last day, ranks change a lot, as the try hards come out, which also makes it harder to win. So I’m surprised it’s effortless/casual for you
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 336 ★★
    I’m just going to with the ever so pointed “That’s a you problem” if the game is boring. It’s okay to take a break as well and do something else keep following the updates and come back when you think it won’t be boring for you. Burnout is a real thing.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,332 ★★★★
    edited January 26
    Keonex said:

Game lately seems boring for Valiant players

I have similar feelings, but (for me at least), as I was thinking that this is the least interested in the game that I've had in awhile.

January normally is the worst month - content and event wise, as well as being a huge comedown after the density of December. We are also the furthest away from The Best Deals (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Banquet).

This year is even worse, since Necropolis completion/exploration was another thing to do in December (unless you revive farmed till the Jan deadline and did it then). So instead of having 10 things to do in a normal December and transitioning to 2-3 things to do in January, this time it was like 15 things to do in December 2023 and transitioning to 2-3 things to do in January.

What makes this feeling worse is that Kabam has put out at least 3 consecutive months where the SQ is repetitive and feels like work to ignore. Had January 2024 SQ been fun, that might have mitigated some of this feeling of boredom.
    Keonex said:

everyone in bgs uses same defense over and over again just boring, could maybe add more bans to really change up the game and force new matchups

I've always thought that BGs gets extremely boring after the first week (if you're not a player who goes for the high tiers of GC). Once a "Dominant strategy" gets figured out, it largely starts to feel like Arenas except you keep facing the same defender over and over. You pretty much get to fight a Korg every other match. You might run into the occasional "Wow, the defender I had to use as on Offense actually did pretty well" or "Wow, the opponent has a weird roster of champions, I wonder how this match will go", but that is only a relative few matches during the season.

I'm not sure there is a 'fix' to this, as a certain amount of repetition is baked into PVP type things, since resets and starting over again are core requirements. Compare that to PVE type stuff, where your progress is never reset.

• Options
    WM187WM187 Posts: 11
    I've only done 1 path of necropolis saving up for more units and revives im in no rush to get it done to become valiant just gives me more time to do it as its permanent content no rush.
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 125

Now, I understand your profile name.

Paid?
    He’s coaching them up and providing them quality input on which counters to use.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★

More "bored" Valiant players need to take a step back in general. Lead some new players in a lower alliance. Help them coordinate AQ/AW/Raids, give advice on rankups and content clearing, post walkthroughs online. There are a ton of options outside the single-player mindset of an account.

Or just create your own Carina's challenges like BG's Ducks.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,816 ★★★★
    Dude, relax. Valiant just came out, and is meant for only the best of the playerbase, the 1% of the 1%. There isn't meant to be anything beyond it at the moment, and if you've reached Valiant, you've effectively beaten the game at this point. If you find the game to be boring, go play something else while waiting for new endgame content to drop. The game might be boring to you, but to most players, it's still an exciting and challenging adventure
  • Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    Just imagine how annoyed you’d be if you had zero desire to 100% Necropolis and need a few more resources to get that second R3 and a Valiant title. Just sitting here waiting for 8.4 to come out and contemplating quitting the game way more than I ever expected to.
  • Options
    KLZKLZ Posts: 154 ★★
    This is why they removed farming, so people don't finish all new content in a couple of days, and then say they are bored..
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

I may be in the minority but I really enjoy endgame. I grinded my ass off for a long time to get where I am now and now I can relax.

I play competitive aw because there really isn't anything else. After monthly eq and paragon gauntlet are done it's just side event and that's it.

I play battlegrounds whenever I want and end up somewhere in arcane/quantum without pushing. I play incursions if I feel like it and want to have fun with random champs. Aw covers the competitive aspect. If I want to play more I can always set goals for myself like mysterium in bgs, or do some abyss (still 2 paths unexplored...shrug).

It's really fun and... peaceful actually :smile:

@IvarTheBoneless if you get quantum with minimal grinding, when do you stop playing for the season? Its easy to climb in the middle of the seaaon but on the last day, ranks change a lot, as the try hards come out, which also makes it harder to win. So I’m surprised it’s effortless/casual for you
    I play every 2 days forbrhe objectives ans when I feel like it I do more than 3 matches every 2 days. I almost always reach gladiator circuit with more than a week left
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    As well as the unmentioned Incursions (which can be pretty fun), I'm willing to bet there's old content that OP hasn't done because it's "not worth it", like all the Carina's challenges, or 100% all Variants.

Sure, the rewards are outdated. But if you're bored and looking for something to do, Variant content like v4 is uniquely challenging, no matter how developed your roster is.

Or, you know, you can just call it a day? Learn to paint, or play the piano?