**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How exactly is Herc bad for the game?

startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
edited January 30 in General Discussion
I admit that he's busted, but precisely how is his existence bad for the game?

1. Content

EQ is not difficult and is built around classes anyway
Story content has been easy for years
He's blacklisted and banned in war most of the time, and globals are making him less relevant
AQ is a slog so let us have him
He's not affecting Everest content like necropolis and carina objectives target specific classes and champions

So what content is being ruined because he exists? If he was nerfed would we see a reduction in difficulty that needs less revives? I don't see it.

2. Herc's effect on player skills

He's arguably made players less skilled, but we have defenders like photon, maestro, onslaught, and bullseye that players have to get around. If we nerf Herc, players will just move on to using the next busted champ, like Hulkling or somebody else.

3. Devs lives are much harder

How much harder are their jobs with him in the game? Are they not able to do things because he exists? What things can they not do?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,305 ★★★★★
    Because he can stay in immortality forever basically for war aq so if dot nodes doesnt matter he dont care when u dont need a counter its bad its why sw was the 12.0 nerf she can basically do everything at 100% health as she would regen power steal power lock stun infinitely which was bad for the health of the game
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,602 ★★★★★
    @startropics you said in your first point exactly what I had in my mind. Hercules was great, best champ and even be broken. But he is not broken enough to deserve a nerf after 2.5 years of launch.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,990 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Honestly, the fact that herc can do the entirely of EoP, with 1 synergy (because warlock), itemless kinda shows that he is very bad for the game. Those fights were designed to require diversity to beat, yet he goes "lol, hammer goes bonk" on everyone.

He only counts for the first four fights, the other 5 are still painful to do with the specific tagged champ objectives which are where the bulk of rewards lie
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,013 Guardian
    Polygon said:

Pikolu said:

Honestly, the fact that herc can do the entirely of EoP, with 1 synergy (because warlock), itemless kinda shows that he is very bad for the game. Those fights were designed to require diversity to beat, yet he goes "lol, hammer goes bonk" on everyone.

He only counts for the first four fights, the other 5 are still painful to do with the specific tagged champ objectives which are where the bulk of rewards lie
    You're thinking EoP objectives, I'm talking entirety of EoP. Especially the one quest where you fight all 16 and then Thanos.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,500 ★★★★★

Wow another Herc post...

because this is specific to his effect on the game, and not whether he's getting nerfed or not like the other threads.
    "His effect in the game"
    All the damage that Hercules could have done is done already, most new content has nodes around him...
    I might use him in AQ personally and to auto farm lower EQ...
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,427 ★★★★★
    Is it just me or did people who paid little to no money for Herc are the biggest voices in the community for Nerf Herc? I have not seen anybody who spent a good amount for Herc advocating for Nerf Herc.

Unlike other games, like Fortnite which offers cosmetics at a fixed price, you’re paying for a chance at something valuable like Hercules.

If MCOC wasn’t as P2W as it is, this really wouldn’t be a problem. But the fact people spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for Herc, without any monetary compensation does not seem right.

Granted, Herc is not being nerfed as confirmed by Miike. But this can of worms opened up when it shouldn’t have
  • Options
    TrillibossTrilliboss Posts: 272 ★★★
    i hope i had those problems
    Pikolu said:

Siliyo said:

Is it just me or did people who paid little to no money for Herc are the biggest voices in the community for Nerf Herc? I have not seen anybody who spent a good amount for Herc advocating for Nerf Herc.

Unlike other games, like Fortnite which offers cosmetics at a fixed price, you’re paying for a chance at something valuable like Hercules.

If MCOC wasn’t as P2W as it is, this really wouldn’t be a problem. But the fact people spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for Herc, without any monetary compensation does not seem right.

Granted, Herc is not being nerfed as confirmed by Miike. But this can of worms opened up when it shouldn’t have

I spent money on herc and haven't used him anywhere after EoP except as a synergy partner for Sersi sometimes. He just isn't fun to use because he is too easy to use effectively. I don't like champions that require 0 skill to utilize well.
  • Options
    GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 220
    I'll tell you, what can you do without Hercules? How to get to level 25 of the incursions without Hercules? Everything the other champions do, Hercules does better
  • Options
    TrillibossTrilliboss Posts: 272 ★★★
    Gomezlink said:

I'll tell you, what can you do without Hercules? How to get to level 25 of the incursions without Hercules? Everything the other champions do, Hercules does better

hela or angela are better in incursion for me
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,013 Guardian
    Gomezlink said:

I use Sersi and Silk to get to zone 25. Silk is broken OP in incursions.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,602 ★★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

Try Aegod
  • Options

Gomezlink said:

hela or angela are better in incursion for me
    Then there comes a knot, with bleeding, fire, vacillation, nightmare, stinger and all these absurdities that kabam puts, I want to see sersi, Angela or Aegon hold...
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,398 ★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

Aegon works so does Angela
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,398 ★★★★

• Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 488 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Counterpoint: only a few madlads used him for Necro
  • Options
    The problem is that other champions are very bad, in the game there are 200 champions, less than 10% are worth something
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 823 ★★★★
    He's not bad. They probably keep saying it to troll the player base. They can easily design the game around Herc.

Herc is entirely boring. If Incursions wasn't so tedious probably wouldn't have r5 or r6 him.
This discussion has been closed.