Options

Should Kabam get rid of unit cost for Mastery switching?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    This has been much requested, I do hope it is implemented at some point, but it has never gone anywhere all these years.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,413 ★★★★★
    Yes
    DrZola said:

... Much like other parts of the game, there’s probably little incentive to burn precious resources in an area that’s unlikely to be profitable—consider the decision to hobble revive farming over working on this or other aspects of the game. At some stage, you have to come to grips with the fact that the game isn’t an exercise in altruism, and it has to make money somewhere.

Dr. Zola

Sad but true. This is what killed off the buff program, alas.

I wonder what data they got from the Iron Man rework (arena grinding, crystals bought, etc) and how that worked as a way to make reworks less costly for them to do...?
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Yes

It was already said that they would never be free.

Similar to the argument that people should have more RDTs, Kabam WANTS you to feel the impact of your decisions so you're not just being impulsive and consequence free.

I don't think masteries should be lumped into the same category as ranking a champ.

We pay to unlock the masteries and are able to switch them back and forth for a price.

With champs, once ranked that's the way it is, like it or not.

I understand the argument against ranking champs and repeatedly asking for RDTs, unless that is, if Kabam changes something about the champ after the fact.

Anyhow, a simple second loadout for arena would fix the issue for me personally, had I thought of that I would have articulated it in the post.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    edited January 30
    Yes
    Yes and no. I think it should be free a certain amount of times per week or month, but over that - a small charge of units. As said above i think there should be load outs like BGs, that you pay to get then can use for a select amount of times free, and a small fee over that limit.
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 757 ★★★
    Yes
    Ackbar67 said:

It would be way too overpowered, they've had free resets a number of times in the past for various reasons, and when they do you find yourself switching your setup for every single fight to give yourself the best odds. It's fun as a once in a while thing, but not only would it drastically increase everyone's skill ceiling, it would be super tedious to be constantly respeccing

But how would it be "overpowered"? it would just save time and units.You can already do the build not sure how its overpowered it just not a pain to do.
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 351 ★★★
    edited January 30
    Yes
    Ackbar67 said:

It would be way too overpowered, they've had free resets a number of times in the past for various reasons, and when they do you find yourself switching your setup for every single fight to give yourself the best odds. It's fun as a once in a while thing, but not only would it drastically increase everyone's skill ceiling, it would be super tedious to be constantly respeccing

The most foolish reasoning I have seen in a while. Why should mastery switching cost units ? Its something we already invested a lot into initially so that WE can use it when we needed it. Putting a unit gate for it each time we do is just nonsensical.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★
    Yes

I'm talking about already unlocked masteries that cost units to reactivate.

This should have been implemented ages ago. They figured out how to do it for BGs. I’d be more upset if my alliance were higher in AW since I have ouchies on 98% of the time.