Options

So how exactly are you supposed to counter bullseye?

13»

Comments

• Options
    incakongincakong Posts: 1
    He’s not even an interesting character lol he’s just a dude. No powers. Uninteresting as all hell. Kabam just dropped bullseye so they can force players to spend money in game due to declining sales.
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 118
    The killer instinct just seems like to much. That ability with a short duration would seem more doable. Waiting to bait the sp1 feels like I'm waiting to die. Even on the off chance I get the first and last dex I'm taking too much damage.

This feels like the next level korg. I'm not enjoying these sq fights in the least.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 291 ★★
    He's supposed to be the next big defender, a new version of photon. O think you'd agree that he's not as bad as photon tho. She didn't get any nerfs so don't expect any nerfs for bullseye either. Just like photon any champ can deal with bullseye, you'll just take a lot of chip and a long time because of the stall after sp1. Evade counters' value is most apparent in just being able to go in immediately after specials to start damaging and saving time, bleed immunes just ignore most of the chip damage
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

It’s like Kabam is going back to those days they’d design defensive champs that had like literally just 1 or 2 counters, at times no real counters. And later they will design a new champ just to counter the defensive champ. Granted individual mechanics of Bullseye are already associated with the game, namely: evade & counter, guarantees crits & through block, instant bleed, etc. But all of them put together seems like a new difficult mechanic. He’s a difficult champ to go up against generally speaking.
    I’ve been laid back and wasn’t planning on commenting or making a post, but there are so many things happening in the game I just have to voice out some concerns and suggestions. The defensive champs they’re designing lately is slightly overboard imho, if they keep at this pace, it will become terrible.

reminds me of havok, warlock nd thing
    Havok was a bigger nightmare than photon when he was released
    I want to agree with you but I don’t really remember properly what Havok felt like back then. But I honestly think Photon and Bullseye, subject of discussion is worst. Let me explain.
    With Havok, all he needed was and is an armor up champ or power drain champ. The former being the safest imo. True there weren’t that many good champs with these utilities, but you needed just one of the two. Nowadays, we can “at times” manage to fight him without any of these utilities. Not to forget, non-contact mediums wasn’t popular and reparry as well. But those weren’t a problem.

With Bullseye, to be safe and this is critical because we have a game mode like battlegrounds, you need to counter all aspects of his defensive mechanics if not you’re going to lose the round period. Dex, block and take bleed damage. Remember, dex and block (not well-timed) are basic necessities regards controls. Also, attack him while he has his killer instinct and you take a lot damage if it doesn’t kill you. To be safe you need to counter more than one aspect of his mechanics.
    But what makes him even worst than Havok was and will ever be is the fact that he has been realized at a time when we have over 250+ champs. And yet we don’t a reasonable pool of champs that can safely deal with him.

With that said, whoever is designing champs that punish you for using basic controls need to reevaluate what he’s doing. Basic controls are what all champs by default are able to do. Dex, block, dash forward and back, imo are to be left alone. Messing with it adds unnecessary complexities and difficulties to the game.
    I don't like his bleed-on-dodge ability either. It seems incredibly unfair to say: with this champion, it doesn't matter if you block or dodge. You take the bleed damage, either way.

I'm aware that his description suggests that you can prevent the bleed damage with well-timed blocks. Supposedly. This isn't an option for many, with the well-documented input issues the game has had for years, now.

More than the almost-unavoidable bleed damage, I dislike Killer Instinct intently. I think it lacks balance, because there's no counter for the actual ability itself, other than specifically having the ability to counter Evade.

I'm old enough to remember forum members complaining about the 'Evade Bug', where Nightcrawler or Spiderman would Evade your attack and hit you without giving you them time to block.
    But at least we could use Parry-stun against them, or switch NC's stances to remove it

Then the team gave us Wasp and her Counter-Attack, which we all hated, too.
    But you can bait her Heavy attacks, and make it go on cooldown.

Now we have Bullseye.
    But... There doesn't seem to be an 'off' switch for this one.

Once he's got a bar of Power, he's got Killer Instinct and there is literally nothing you can do to get rid of it. You can't wait it out, and there's no mechanism to unpause it (for example with a Special, or an Intercept, or Heavy-counter).

If you didn't bring an Evade counter, or they're basically unusable because of the nodes he's on, you've just got to make him use a Special, tank the block damage/bleed damage and then still fight your instinct to punish his Special Attack, and wait it out.

Sure, bleed-immunes take less damage. And there are a few Evade counters that at least can push him to an SP2 that will inflict slightly less block damage (although not Evade Counters that rely on Slow, or any AAR mechanism at all)

I hope that when they're looking at his rebalance, Kabam consider the possibility of at least some kind of Kill Switch, for Killer Instinct.
    I was taking damage even with true strike in the side quest. Is that intended
  • Options
    MaskedLegendMaskedLegend Posts: 83
    XFREEDOMX said:

By using s99🗿

1 hit KO? lol
    @XFREEDOMX Yep. Its more or less just hitting his block and letting the ruptures finish him off. Plus he doesn't evade whilst blocking so it works like a charm.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 674 ★★★★

Dude needs to be nerfed he’s unforgivable on defence if you’re not bleed immune. I was taking 50% of my health for bleed damage on his sp1, it’s too ridiculous.

I have to agree with that, bleed on dex and block damage? C'mon, not only you need to deal with the evade stuff but being forced to bring a bleed immune champion cause otherwise you'll lose plenty of health is ridiculous
    Even if you push him to sp2, if the AI starts to get passive then the more you bait, the more health you'll lose
    More than half of the bleed immune characters can't deal with the evade so in bg you need to choose to either lose some health or lose some time cause you need to wait the AI throw sp1 and then the evade charge expire and only then you can attack
  • Options
    Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 214 ★★
    All this complaining to nerf him, completely desuaded me from buying the white tiger/bullseye paragon crystals. Was gonna Odin 10 of them, but seeing as how they (Miike) talk about nerfing the most invested character in the game, they would have zero hesitantcy to nerf Bullseye, to appease the base. Sucks imo, ya he's hard, but so what. Evolution dudes. We'll figure ways even Kabam didnt think of in regards to learning / beating him. The community alwaya does
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,412 ★★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

It’s like Kabam is going back to those days they’d design defensive champs that had like literally just 1 or 2 counters, at times no real counters. And later they will design a new champ just to counter the defensive champ. Granted individual mechanics of Bullseye are already associated with the game, namely: evade & counter, guarantees crits & through block, instant bleed, etc. But all of them put together seems like a new difficult mechanic. He’s a difficult champ to go up against generally speaking.
    I’ve been laid back and wasn’t planning on commenting or making a post, but there are so many things happening in the game I just have to voice out some concerns and suggestions. The defensive champs they’re designing lately is slightly overboard imho, if they keep at this pace, it will become terrible.

I want to agree with you but I don’t really remember properly what Havok felt like back then. But I honestly think Photon and Bullseye, subject of discussion is worst. Let me explain.
    With Havok, all he needed was and is an armor up champ or power drain champ. The former being the safest imo. True there weren’t that many good champs with these utilities, but you needed just one of the two. Nowadays, we can “at times” manage to fight him without any of these utilities. Not to forget, non-contact mediums wasn’t popular and reparry as well. But those weren’t a problem.

With Bullseye, to be safe and this is critical because we have a game mode like battlegrounds, you need to counter all aspects of his defensive mechanics if not you’re going to lose the round period. Dex, block and take bleed damage. Remember, dex and block (not well-timed) are basic necessities regards controls. Also, attack him while he has his killer instinct and you take a lot damage if it doesn’t kill you. To be safe you need to counter more than one aspect of his mechanics.
    But what makes him even worst than Havok was and will ever be is the fact that he has been realized at a time when we have over 250+ champs. And yet we don’t a reasonable pool of champs that can safely deal with him.

With that said, whoever is designing champs that punish you for using basic controls need to reevaluate what he’s doing. Basic controls are what all champs by default are able to do. Dex, block, dash forward and back, imo are to be left alone. Messing with it adds unnecessary complexities and difficulties to the game.
    I don't like his bleed-on-dodge ability either. It seems incredibly unfair to say: with this champion, it doesn't matter if you block or dodge. You take the bleed damage, either way.

I'm aware that his description suggests that you can prevent the bleed damage with well-timed blocks. Supposedly. This isn't an option for many, with the well-documented input issues the game has had for years, now.

More than the almost-unavoidable bleed damage, I dislike Killer Instinct intently. I think it lacks balance, because there's no counter for the actual ability itself, other than specifically having the ability to counter Evade.

I'm old enough to remember forum members complaining about the 'Evade Bug', where Nightcrawler or Spiderman would Evade your attack and hit you without giving you them time to block.
    But at least we could use Parry-stun against them, or switch NC's stances to remove it

Then the team gave us Wasp and her Counter-Attack, which we all hated, too.
    But you can bait her Heavy attacks, and make it go on cooldown.

Now we have Bullseye.
    But... There doesn't seem to be an 'off' switch for this one.

Once he's got a bar of Power, he's got Killer Instinct and there is literally nothing you can do to get rid of it. You can't wait it out, and there's no mechanism to unpause it (for example with a Special, or an Intercept, or Heavy-counter).

If you didn't bring an Evade counter, or they're basically unusable because of the nodes he's on, you've just got to make him use a Special, tank the block damage/bleed damage and then still fight your instinct to punish his Special Attack, and wait it out.

Sure, bleed-immunes take less damage. And there are a few Evade counters that at least can push him to an SP2 that will inflict slightly less block damage (although not Evade Counters that rely on Slow, or any AAR mechanism at all)

I hope that when they're looking at his rebalance, Kabam consider the possibility of at least some kind of Kill Switch, for Killer Instinct.
    I was taking damage even with true strike in the side quest. Is that intended
    Yes.

You take the exact same bleed damage when you block his attacks, or when you dodge his attacks.

So to actually counter his abilities fully, you need to be simultaneously bleed immune, and have true strike/true accuracy/Coldsnap

Which is currently a pretty short list:
    1 - Iceman
    2 - (kind of) Iron Man Infinity War does have access to bleed immunity and his first medium attack can't be Evaded; so could partially fill this role, some of the time... Not exactly a reliable counter...
    3 - (kind of) Proxima Midnight isn't bleed-immune, but she won't take bleeds through block, and she can access True Accuracy. She's actually a pretty decent option for him, although will take bleed damage if she makes the mistake of trying to Dodge anything; and obviously she can't keep the True Accuracy up 100% of the time.

Basically bleed immunity is the key - there are also a few champions who aren't exactly immune, but can power up/heal on his instant bleeds - Fantman, Gorr, Lady Deathstrike, Clare Voyant, Storm, Omega Sentinel.

Theoretically, anyone can reduce the impact of Killer Instinct by pushing Bullseye to SP2 by hitting into his block, since he won't Evade when blocking. This will inflict sufficiently less bleed damage than a pair of SP1s; and is probably the best option for most champions who accidentally find themselves fighting Bullseye and don't want a shed-load of bleed damage.
  • Options
    MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Posts: 247 ★★★
    How are people having such a hard with him?Anti evade champs and mutants work just fine.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,091 ★★★★
    Honestly... I've been frustrating heavily with this month's Thronebreaker EQ (as with the past couple). The AI being a mega jerk isn't helping either.

I was struggling hard enough to find a Cosmic team for 3.2 and used up a ton of energt refills just attempting on a single path before I could get the lane done (literally the only champ i could get to last without using revives on the lane was a Venom with Odin prefight) -

But then I got to Bullseye. I've fought him before with Kitty with relative success. Since I had Odin on the team I couldnt add another boss fighter like Bishop so it was just Kitty. Even if I'm playing well phasing, at a certain point, he will inevitably corner you, so even if you're phasing and absorbing all of the damage, there comes a time where you won't be able to dash and phase again and then you're dead.

PLUS something in his kit has this infuriating mechanic where even if you're phased during a special taking no damage, somehow on the last hit or two he'll just saw "naw" and hit you and you'll take a ton of damage. It doesn't happen all the time but maybe 1/4th of the time which is enough to make even Kitty unreliable. I had to use 6 revives with Kitty to get Bullseye down, and that's just on one path.

After all that, I said I'm giving up on 100% thronebreaker even tho I'd done most of the other paths already. It shouldn't be that frustrating.
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 204 ★★

But what about mercanery champs? With kitty you ain’t getting that objective down.

Hit monkey is probably the best mercenary counter. Gains both of his modes because bullseye is a mercenary, super easy evade counter and he crits through his physical resistance. Absorbing man also works but its a slower fight
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,544 ★★★★★
    I'm having 10/10 fun fighting bullseye with Kitty pryde.
    That stupid can hit Kitty when she phases, but she take no damage and gains rapid powers, so it's just sp-3 spam fest.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,091 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

That stupid can hit Kitty when she phases, but she take no damage and gains rapid powers, so it's just sp-3 spam fest.

How do you "avoid" that last hit sometimes bypassing and ignoring your phase and knocks you down and does a ton of damage?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,324 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

How do you "avoid" that last hit sometimes bypassing and ignoring your phase and knocks you down and does a ton of damage?
    Duped kitty takes no damage while phased. Bullseye can hit her but she should not take any damage.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,544 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

PT_99 said:

Duped kitty takes no damage while phased. Bullseye can hit her but she should not take any damage.
    She does not, in return gain so much power that it was just special spam from me
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 178 ★★
    Evade counter and/or bleed immune are both viable. He is kinda bs, cuz with evade counter you’ll still take some instant bleed damage if you can’t dex the whole sp1, and with bleed immune it’s gonna be slow due to waiting out the evade.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 882 ★★★★
    Csutton said:

Evade counter and/or bleed immune are both viable. He is kinda bs, cuz with evade counter you’ll still take some instant bleed damage if you can’t dex the whole sp1, and with bleed immune it’s gonna be slow due to waiting out the evade.

Not even evade counter. Since he’s immune to aar evade counters like falcon, aa, and Shang aren’t as viable.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,789 ★★★★★
    1. Use Bishop, especially if he has 2 bars of power to begin with
    2. Use Domino trinity and spam heavies
    3. Use Colossus and spam heavies
    4. Use Emma frost, spam heavy as long as you are on your diamond form, when you switch to telepathic form he can't evade anyway, reach and throw a big SP2.
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 209 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

J0eySn0w said:

Reminds me of when modok came out. And that abominable ice Phoenix that came with him
    Good grief Ice Phoenix was an absolute nightmare. That is probably the most BS fight in mcoc history.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    I used horseman AA in the SQ and he worked beautifully... For mercy, I brought him to very low health and killed him with Domino 5 star only
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 749 ★★★
    It's a waiting game. Like most new tough defenders you gotta learn him. But I'll admit. It's been awhile since I've experienced the havok frustration. It's not entirely a bad thing. Games aren't supposed to be cake. Sometimes they're overly difficult. I think we'll all learn him. And maybe they'll take it down a notch. But prob not. He's making them money