Best mutant: Kitty Pryde or Onslaught

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,432 ★★★★★
edited February 5 in General Discussion
So Onslaught has been out for around two months now. Some people are already saying that he is the best mutant in the game, including @Lagacy .
So in your opinion, has Onslaught already surpassed her as the best mutant in MCOC? Or is Kitty still reigning supreme?

Best mutant: Kitty Pryde or Onslaught 190 votes

Kitty Pryde
40%
MagicBentonSpity68Ragnarok13Terraege999menSyrius_blackQaisurShajamMaxtheSilentLegendboy2411naikavonHippolitaJustcause102IvarTheBonelessSoundwarpCASrinivasAyden_noah1Galvatron808Powerofpain1001Mord 77 votes
Onslaught
59%
MasterSmokeCrys23Heinz11Hort4KeltanTortoigSIlverProfessorOUYOManup456ubiquitousWindCondemnedToeSungjLongshot_33ThatGuyYouSaw235KiptonadeFydanercm2017redsoxpatsfan89JustagameOurobøros 113 votes

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,432 ★★★★★
    Onslaught
    @Wicket329 Who's better for long fights in your opinion
    edited February 5
    Onslaught
    @Pikolu I wouldn’t say really high, there are a lot of champions with similar playstyles, for ex Crossbones, She Hulk, Black Cat, etc, but agreed. Onslaught’s fight times in Necropolis are impressive
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
    Onslaught
    Pikolu said:

EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 Who's better for long fights in your opinion

Onslaught is easily better in long fights if you have a good matchup (like attuma) or are good for him. He has a really high skill ceiling that can be utilized extremely well. MSD showcases how insanely good onslaught is when played properly.
    Doesn’t he have really good heavy reach to make the heavy punishing of specials/heavies easier? Maybe theres a few projectile matchups like korgs sp1 where he cant punish, but could just push to sp2. Same strategy with Killmonger
    Onslaught
    Emilia90 said:

Kitty isn’t as good as she once was imo. I’d take onslaught any day and he’s definitely better on defense + Necro. He’s an equal double bg threat, a great bullseye counter, great war champ, great for endgame content, and has a fantastic arsenal of utility

Not downplaying Kitty here, she’s still great

There is however one thing that Kitty can do that Onslaught can't do, infinitely tanking SP3s. But at the same time, there are things Onslaught can do that Kitty can't.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,971 ★★★★
    Kitty Pryde
    Kitty's tankier, while Onslaught has more utility. Kitty is basically a cheat code if you know how to play her, while Onslaught has an easier playstyle but has less room for error
  • TrongNovTrongNov Member Posts: 299 ★★★
    Kitty Pryde
    Which one is considered a cheat code, then that's the better one.
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 243 ★★
    Onslaught
    TrongNov said:

Which one is considered a cheat code, then that's the better one.

Scorpion isn't an option in the poll and he's the only cheat code in game
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,421 ★★★★★
    Onslaught
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Kitty isn’t as good as she once was imo. I’d take onslaught any day and he’s definitely better on defense + Necro. He’s an equal double bg threat, a great bullseye counter, great war champ, great for endgame content, and has a fantastic arsenal of utility

There is however one thing that Kitty can do that Onslaught can't do, infinitely tanking SP3s. But at the same time, there are things Onslaught can do that Kitty can't.
    That ability is almost completely useless in BGs, you rarely push a defender to sp3 unless there's a power gain buff or something (which we haven't seen in a while).
    You know BGs isn't the only gamemode in MCOC, but true
    Right but it's the most important game mode for like 90% of all endgame players who are already done with story content so still.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
    Onslaught

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

That ability is almost completely useless in BGs, you rarely push a defender to sp3 unless there's a power gain buff or something (which we haven't seen in a while).
    Right but it's the most important game mode for like 90% of all endgame players who are already done with story content so still.
    This is true. BGs changed the very landscape of champion value. For instance, Apoc went from being a top mutant to not even being used in most metas. (Not to say he isnt one of the best mutant questers).

I know a lot of people arent too fond of BGs but its pretty much the only game mode where rankups matter the most and the most reliable place to get rankup resources / sigs.

• AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Member Posts: 351 ★★
    Onslaught
    Not to be a hater but i hate kitty. I can master her playstyle, it isn't really hard but for me she is no fun at all. No cool animations, her hits feel like tickles( i mean the texture of her hits, not her damage), and her ramp up is way too long.
    Also she strictly needs awakening.
    Everyone has champions they like--this is just my opnion, try to convince me to like kitty if you can.
    Hail daddy onslaught
  • Prismane1269Prismane1269 Member Posts: 218
    edited February 5
    Onslaught
    Onslaught is the best mutant rn imo. I don’t consider kitty as top 3 mutant for bgs, but overall she’s awesome in AW or other contents.
  • DiscoNnectKingDiscoNnectKing Member Posts: 493 ★★★
    Kitty Pryde

Not to be a hater but i hate kitty. I can master her playstyle, it isn't really hard but for me she is no fun at all. No cool animations, her hits feel like tickles( i mean the texture of her hits, not her damage), and her ramp up is way too long.
    Everyone has champions they like--this is just my opnion, try to convince me to like kitty if you can.
    Hail daddy onslaught

Check my recent post about kitty and tell me onslaught can do that
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,321 ★★★★★
    Onslaught
    I never liked kitty in the first place, She is amazing and definitely better for players who knows to use her to the fullest, But for majority of players like me, Ease of use is a bigger criteria.

I hate it when Someone compares two or more champs, They rarely take ease of use into consideration. A champ with a steep learning curve is not preferred by a lot of players, and itis perfectly fine. Onslaught is better than kitty because onslaught does huge damage and has lot of utilities and performs well even in UNSKILLED HANDS , unlike kitty
    Onslaught

Hail daddy onslaught

He can lmao do you even know what Onslaught's kit does?
    Onslaught
    Polygon said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

This is true. BGs changed the very landscape of champion value. For instance, Apoc went from being a top mutant to not even being used in most metas. (Not to say he isnt one of the best mutant questers).

I know a lot of people arent too fond of BGs but its pretty much the only game mode where rankups matter the most and the most reliable place to get rankup resources / sigs.

Exactly! Other examples of this, Maw and Red Goblin, have both of them as 7* and when they're fully ramped in questing they're capable of some really good damage (I use Red Goblin a lot for AQ Map 7 lately). BGs though? Offensively? Complete trash.
    I'm not saying it's the same with Kitty of course but I've never seen a Kitty nuke a defender faster than the actual nukes we have in the game it's always 45 secs or more which is a big deal when we have easy nukes metas like this one.
  • DiscoNnectKingDiscoNnectKing Member Posts: 493 ★★★
    Kitty Pryde

Hail daddy onslaught

He can lmao do you even know what Onslaught's kit does?
    Ok show me onslaught finishing a r5 nick sub 60 sec
  • KeltanKeltan Member Posts: 511 ★★
    Onslaught
    Definitely Onslaught