**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Winter of Woe Community Chat [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    A_rock007A_rock007 Posts: 56
    @kabam Why cant the quest team implement an energy gate after the fight/before the end node? That will satisfy your "cost requirement" and it will also be energy worth spending for the players cause the fight is done. Losing 10 energy on 7 dead tries would suck less than an energy gate of even 70 energy POST fight.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,412 ★★★★★
    Meh did fine with a 6r3 She Hulk and by fine i mean a reasonable number of revives... Used a few with Warlock when it was bugged (didn't notice it) and quit, then I used A LOT more with Warlock to finish it.. saw a few vids on YT of 1 shots of it and feel stupid as hell .. I can live with those..The biggest BS was the energy... Some said it was announced on stream, some say it wasn't. I believe it might have been mentioned, 5 energy; not the 2 tiles though...
    I really hope they reconsider the energy cost.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,759 ★★★★★
    edited February 18

I can't believe it's gotten 19 pages on, and no-one has posted the fabulous cartoon @Cat_Murdock made to share her thoughts on Winter of Woe...

I thought I'd repost it, in case anyone was skipping the 'if you aren't going to solo WoW' thread.

Cat: this cartoon genuinely made me weep with laughter...😂

Lmfaooooo this is LEGENDARY and spot on 😂😂😂😂😭😭😭

Peep the box of revives 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,935 ★★★★★

I'm disgusted. Every Energy Refill I had has been spent trying this Fight. The AI is absolutely ridiculous in this Fight. You get hit once and you're dead. You can't even use Revives with the majority of Champs because he heals. I've never gotten him past 80%. I'm seriously considering uninstalling the game after 9 years. It's just not right. I'm disappointed that this was left as it is, and people are running themselves into the ground trying. I've always done my best to see all sides of issues, but I can't find a singe redeeming quality about this. It's wrong on all levels.

I agree with everything you've said, have you tried Sandman by any chance though? I got the solo with him yesterday and it was relatively easy since he shuts down unstoppable and regen (if you have maxed despair which I do) permanently once you fire off the first sp2 it's just a very slow 10 minute fight.
    Not doing any of the other objectives though cause I'd probably end up bald.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★

I'm disgusted. Every Energy Refill I had has been spent trying this Fight. The AI is absolutely ridiculous in this Fight. You get hit once and you're dead. You can't even use Revives with the majority of Champs because he heals. I've never gotten him past 80%. I'm seriously considering uninstalling the game after 9 years. It's just not right. I'm disappointed that this was left as it is, and people are running themselves into the ground trying. I've always done my best to see all sides of issues, but I can't find a singe redeeming quality about this. It's wrong on all levels.

I agree with everything you've said, have you tried Sandman by any chance though? I got the solo with him yesterday and it was relatively easy since he shuts down unstoppable and regen (if you have maxed despair which I do) permanently once you fire off the first sp2 it's just a very slow 10 minute fight.
    Tried him. Even as a 7*. I get anything between 1%-18% progress, and the AI darts across and clips me, or it jerks back and forward almost immediately, or some other thing fails, and I end up having to retry and use up all my Energy. The only one that seems logical to dummy it with is Photon because the Heal Block comes so easy, but the BP is ridiculous, and she's down in one or two Parries. It's altogether trash and I'm tired of trying.
  • Options
    No way in hell I'm using 50 Revs with her taking 1 or 2 percent down at a time.
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 653 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom I ended up getting a solo with a boosted R4 She Hulk. Everything has to go just right. Biggest thing that helped me was making sure I was doing energy damage when throwing my sp2. Spam heavy, do the dash in/out SP1 punish, and burned through 2/3 energy refills total trying to get it. Basically did what this video said but it took several tries for everything to line up right. Because in the end, you just have to hope the AI behaves just right.
    https://youtu.be/D6PsRe5jAOA?si=374l4X0OnmamXeH8
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 263 ★★
    Anyone done it with a 5* Sandman? I got a 200 hit combo with him and took 20% off, I don't think I will be able to pull of a 1000 hit combo to get him down. Not with the AI the way it is. He can get hit with first part of heavy attack and still pull out, the second part of his SP1 animation skips frames. With the AI it is impossible not to take block damage and there is every mechanic in place to make sure you can't even take one blocked hit most of the fight.

Massive L from Kabam making this so restrictive on roster the idea that all valiant players should have a high level sandman is absolutely tone deaf. If they want to make it like that it should be achievable with a 5* and not like MSD level of skill required
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

I’m genuinely sorry for you at this point.
    Do you by any chance have a duped 6* Void?
    At least you will get the completion point with him, since he shuts down entirely his healing.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,279 ★★★★★
    Grub88 said:

Anyone done it with a 5* Sandman? I got a 200 hit combo with him and took 20% off, I don't think I will be able to pull of a 1000 hit combo to get him down. Not with the AI the way it is. He can get hit with first part of heavy attack and still pull out, the second part of his SP1 animation skips frames. With the AI it is impossible not to take block damage and there is every mechanic in place to make sure you can't even take one blocked hit most of the fight.

Massive L from Kabam making this so restrictive on roster the idea that all valiant players should have a high level sandman is absolutely tone deaf. If they want to make it like that it should be achievable with a 5* and not like MSD level of skill required

I used a 5r5 ascended. Took me 3 or 4 revives I think due to being clipped here and there at some point. It's a long fight
  • Options

Tried him. Even as a 7*. I get anything between 1%-18% progress, and the AI darts across and clips me, or it jerks back and forward almost immediately, or some other thing fails, and I end up having to retry and use up all my Energy. The only one that seems logical to dummy it with is Photon because the Heal Block comes so easy, but the BP is ridiculous, and she's down in one or two Parries. It's altogether trash and I'm tired of trying.
    Yeah unfortunately you can't really block, even with Sandman I pretty much never blocked the whole fight you have to light intercept and sp2 spam only, no other way.

Let's hope that Nebula gets tuned down a bit before the fight is released. I want content to be challenging but the nodes and requirements on that Abs Man were just absolutely ridiculous. It's doable for sure but like I said sitting there for 10-15 minutes with Sandman was simply not fun.
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

Grub88 said:

I used a 5r5 ascended. Took me 3 or 4 revives I think due to being clipped here and there at some point. It's a long fight
    How did it go with reviving? He doesn't just heal straight back up? That is my biggest fear
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

xLunatiXx said:

Grub88 said:

How did it go with reviving? He doesn't just heal straight back up? That is my biggest fear
    If he starts spamming sp1 before you can fire off sp2 he will heal back. One of my first runs I got him down to 30% and on my second try he got back to 60% because I couldn't get to sp2 quick enough.
    Personally I'd highly advice not to revive, just start over at that point.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,279 ★★★★★
    Grub88 said:

xLunatiXx said:

Grub88 said:

Turtle up. The goal is to reach your sp2 before too much regen is done so you have to push him to sp2 so he doesn't use many sp1 which you can't all cancel due to the cooldown. Hold block after a 4 hit combo, to push him to sp2, let him use it, punish with your heavy to cancel regen. A couple more hits and you'll have your sp2 ready to cancel everything for the rest of the fight.
    Then it's the same as usual, some more sp2 to be safe and alternate sp2, to keep decelerate up, and sp3 for more damage.
  • Options

Grub88 said:

xLunatiXx said:

Grub88 said:

If he starts spamming sp1 before you can fire off sp2 he will heal back. One of my first runs I got him down to 30% and on my second try he got back to 60% because I couldn't get to sp2 quick enough.
    Personally I'd highly advice not to revive, just start over at that point.

Yeah ok thanks, think ill stick with just my gamma completion. Not keen on using all my energy. I am FTP so I want to use the energy to get units out of event quest. I am definitely not skilled enough to get the 1000 hit combo against this abs man
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 611 ★★★
    I wonder if just removing the cooldown on disabling his form with a heavy after a special would be enough to make this fight not awful.
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

At least you will get the completion point with him, since he shuts down entirely his healing.
    Yes. Can't get past 80%. Every damn time. The AI is garbage. That's all I can say.
  • Options
    I've used maybe 25-30 Energy Refills. Hard to say exactly how many. I've tried every Champ I can think of. Over...and over...and over. It's not happening for me I guess. 10 Energy per try, with a Champ that Regens more and more, with Brute Force, Unstoppable, Cruelty, Immunities, one-hit kills, AI that can dart across the screen and jerk back quicker than an Evade just to jerk ahead again and take you out, waiting for the stars to align so you have the perfect flow, calling a Witch Doctor and casting the chicken bones.....I mean, at what point do you say it's beyond ridiculous?
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Ik you've probably seen and tried it, but I personally do believe that OG Spidey duped w/ despair is the safest bet against him

2 sp1 and unstoppable is shut down
    Taunts make him bait.
    All the Debuffs decrease his healing.

If u keep using sp1 he'll eventually die. It'll be long. That's the safe route.

If u want it quicker, weave in a couple sp2.

It'll take a little getting used to, and I use OG Spidey a lot so it will be harder 4 sure if u don't use him often.

I also have an R3 Og Hulk and I've taken him down in 1 revive with him. It also takes a little getting used to. But if u can stick with some champs and get some sort of rhythm going, u can take him down.

Good luck @GroundedWisdom
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Yes. Can't get past 80%. Every damn time. The AI is garbage. That's all I can say.
    What rank is your Void and what sig?
    You don’t need the solo, you can revive your way through if you mess up.
    The objective if you need revive, is to hit Abs Man periodically to reset Brute Force and wait out until the first petrify shows up.
    Then you are set to play normally, he won’t regen that much and when the second petrify rolls it’s game over for the regen for the rest of the fight.
    I got the solo on my first attempt with Void, but mine was a 6* r5 sig200, no boosts.
    A 6* r4 max sig with a 20% champion boost will be the same.
    But yes, it’s overall a BS fight since any progress can be lost due to regen, smoking to dust any item investment.
    Very poorly designed, they should have thought of that before releasing.
    Worst part is they left the fight running for over 10 days now as it is, and as it seems it will run like that till the end.
    They could have just made use of any of the available heal block nodes in the game, and please the community.
    I’m done with the fight (all objectives done), but I know a lot of people that despite draining their resources they didn’t managed even to get the completion point.
    That’s not fun at all.

• Options

Ik you've probably seen and tried it, but I personally do believe that OG Spidey duped w/ despair is the safest bet against him

Taunts make him bait.

It'll take a little getting used to, and I use OG Spidey a lot so it will be harder 4 sure if u don't use him often.

I also have an R3 Og Hulk and I've taken him down in 1 revive with him. It also takes a little getting used to. But if u can stick with some champs and get some sort of rhythm going, u can take him down.

I have a Max 5* Hulk. Literally useless. Does very little Damage and you get hit once and you're done.
    Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

The objective if you need revive, is to hit Abs Man periodically to reset Brute Force and wait out until the first petrify shows up.
    Then you are set to play normally, he won’t regen that much and when the second petrify rolls it’s game over for the regen for the rest of the fight.
    I got the solo on my first attempt with Void, but mine was a 6* r5 sig200, no boosts.
    But yes, it’s overall a BS fight since any progress can be lost due to regen, smoking to dust any item investment.
    Worst part is they left the fight running for over 10 days now as it is, and as it seems it will run like that till the end.
    They could have just made use of any of the available heal block nodes in the game, and please the community.
    I’m done with the fight (all objectives done), but I know a lot of people that despite draining their resources they didn’t managed even to get the completion point.
    That’s not fun at all.

Mine is R4, Sig 70 or so maybe?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,361 ★★★★★

Taunts make him bait.

I have a Max 5* Hulk. Literally useless. Does very little Damage and you get hit once and you're done.
    Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

That’s not fun at all.

Persist with void. Slow play, hit block and get a hit or 2 in to reset brute force. Let the dubuffs help you. Try a few runs and use boosts. He should go down.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    Yeah GW I can't see a 5* cutting it. The 7* let's me take a hit and keep going some at least.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Taunts make him bait.

Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

That’s not fun at all.

Persist with void. Slow play, hit block and get a hit or 2 in to reset brute force. Let the dubuffs help you. Try a few runs and use boosts. He should go down.
    Dude, at this point it's not worth it. I've tried umpteen times. I'm not getting the 7* versions of the Champs anyway, been buying the 6* pieces. It's just beyond discouraging that this is an intended piece of the game, and if this is the direction of content, then my time playing will be limited. There comes a point where the level of frustration and stress is not enjoyable no matter what the Rewards are. I like to grow and I like to push myself, but that's just too far.