We should NOT play "Winter of Woe" - change my mind

Th0rIRLTh0rIRL Member Posts: 32
It's my honest opinion, regardless of the bugs the drawbacks and the moving goalposts ... I got 5 reasons why noone should go for it and it's for your account's strategy.
https://youtu.be/0Aqs_gTvr1g

Comments

• Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,114 ★★★★★
    edited February 9
    Agree on all 5 points.

Edit: assuming you aren’t superior in your skill to the average player. Then the cost will be way less. But for the average player? The points are valid
  • Th0rIRLTh0rIRL Member Posts: 32
    ahmynuts said:

Im going to copy paste my comment on your last post here:

I respect the hustle but stop creating multiple threads the promote your YouTube channel. It's going to have the opposite effect because everyone will be pissed at you.

Just list your reasons

Now you are unfair ... look on the date of your "last comment" and look how many videos I published since then.
    I can't just list those , they need some analysis as arguements, I am sure you understand that.
    Pikolu said:

I got a counter-argument for all 5 of your points that I didn't watch because I would rather read your argument than watch it. Here is my counter-argument: I want 7* Sersi and WoW gives a free titan crystal for getting all the milestones.

Save your units and you'll buy the "titan crystal" in Spring Event ... (btw I got Sersi from my Necropolis exploration, is she any good ?)
    ahmynuts said:

Th0rIRL said:

ahmynuts said:

I respect the hustle but stop creating multiple threads the promote your YouTube channel. It's going to have the opposite effect because everyone will be pissed at you.

Just list your reasons

Now you are unfair ... look on the date of your "last comment" and look how many videos I published since then.
    I can't just list those , they need some analysis as arguements, I am sure you understand that.
    Okay, maybe I was too harsh on this one, so allow me to change my comment to be more constructive.

Maybe give a brief overview of your 5 points in the forum post as a teaser of your video which goes way more in depth with your reasoning and explanations. That way, we can see your points just as they are here and then can go to the video for further elaboration if we are interested. So, there is value in both the forum post and the YouTube video.

There might be some who are interested in hearing your points and might want to comment on them but dont have the time or desire to watch a video so at least with the bullet points they can try and extrapolate the full idea and give their input.

When you see a discussion type thread such as this and then click into it expecting a discussion and you're just faced with a video it's kinda like "Oh come on man" and they everyone just clicks out. It's a bit different than a solo on WoW Abs man with Psychoman. We need need the video for that
    1. Feels Pushy and mandatory
    2. Rewards are not amazing
    3. Cost is too high calculating all fights x4 x4
    4. Required rank ups, maybe not now , definately for future fights.
    5. -10- energy PER try

Happy now ? I truly don't feel that titles transfer the full meaning.
    Pikolu said:

Th0rIRL said:

Pikolu said:

I got a counter-argument for all 5 of your points that I didn't watch because I would rather read your argument than watch it. Here is my counter-argument: I want 7* Sersi and WoW gives a free titan crystal for getting all the milestones.

Save your units and you'll buy the "titan crystal" in Spring Event ... (btw I got Sersi from my Necropolis exploration, is she any good ?)
    You expect me to spend units on this? I'm doing apothecary everyday right now and doing all the 22hr events I can for free revives. Spring event unit bundles and WoW are not mutually exclusive rewards. I would much rather get my titan from WoW and just buy another one IF there is one available to be bought.

Sersi is a very good champion and I plan on her being my next r3 7* no matter how long I have to wait
    Your account progression is not suffering from one Titan Crystal. That's a fact.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    TBH, I really wish that I hadn’t gone right at it and instead waited for the community backlash. That fight needs a nerf, because I imagine that it will also be in an upcoming overall gauntlet. Imagine having to do it with Thunderbolts or something.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,265 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

TBH, I really wish that I hadn’t gone right at it and instead waited for the community backlash. That fight needs a nerf, because I imagine that it will also be in an upcoming overall gauntlet. Imagine having to do it with Thunderbolts or something.

Unironically would be easier than robots
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

mbrace said:

Unironically would be easier than robots
    True, its gotta be #Kree
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 99
    Pikolu said:

I got 7* sersi, I'm willing to trade (:
  • StarhawkStarhawk Member Posts: 631 ★★★
    honestly because of how hard the content is it should just be permanent content. if it is then sorry just shows how little interest i have in it.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    I'm going to try with 5* she Hulk.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,132 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Just list your reasons

This
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★
    Promote channel with positive gameplay videos adding something oh helping people with it, not with negetive personal emotional baity video.
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,614 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I’m Valiant and IMO WoW is not enjoyable game content.

Necropolis on the other hand, was very enjoyable game content.

Promote channel with positive gameplay videos adding something oh helping people with it, not with negetive personal emotional baity video.

It's an opinion video for the strategy of the game ... not that emotional. You got 0 arguments on the points I am making though. And it's definately not baity ... It's exactly what I say it is.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,056 ★★★★★
    I did it with SandMan and Hulk. Neither were solos, neither took more than a couple of revives from my overflow and both have a good rhythm in the fight where it’s possible to solo if I want to try for it later. I’ll probably try for robots to see if I can conquer the this now nerfed objective for the challenge. This isn’t content meant for everyone to solo and I think people forget that.

I do agree with the game teams response on robot tag though, as the node built to remove scorpion as an option had a knock on effect on all Robots, and I wonder if that was caught before release of the fight, because how else does that become a Paragon objective 🤷‍♂️

You can consider me a random usual negetive online hater.
    The title itself is baity following the trend of negative media.
    Change your mind? Why? You can't change mine, nor I care to change yours.
    Nobody is stoppin from not doing any in-game content, nobody is stopping you to not play wow.

"We should not play wow" yeah dude it's not baity at all. I don't even have to open the video when I see a clickbaity title or thumbnail. I skip all click bait videos.

-sincerely your random clickbait hater narcissist viewer.

I do consider you as a random online hater, have a great day.
    BigBlueOx said:

I did it with SandMan and Hulk. Neither were solos, neither took more than a couple of revives from my overflow and both have a good rhythm in the fight where it’s possible to solo if I want to try for it later. I’ll probably try for robots to see if I can conquer the this now nerfed objective for the challenge. This isn’t content meant for everyone to solo and I think people forget that.

I do agree with the game teams response on robot tag though, as the node built to remove scorpion as an option had a knock on effect on all Robots, and I wonder if that was caught before release of the fight, because how else does that become a Paragon objective 🤷‍♂️

Obviously, if you can do it in 5-6 revives (all objectives) you are not in the people who should consider not doing it.
    Good job also :)
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★
    Too bad you didn't list your 5 reasons here. I might have enjoyed the debate. 🫠
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 492 Content Creator
    Welcome to the forums, OP! You must be new here, because by now you should know that:

1. It's not a good idea to start a thread and then disagree with & disrespect everyone who replies.
    2. It's not a good idea to start a thread where all you do is link a YouTube video, with no added context to the forums. If players want to watch YouTube videos, they'll be looking for them on YouTube - not the forums.

Hope this helps. Cheers!
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Why would anyone try to change your mind?

Nobody cares if you do it or not.