Options

Winter of Woe shouldn't have been released.

2»

Comments

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,312 ★★★★
    FWIW, I used less than 10 revives for each objective. While it sounds like a lot (30 total), I feel like it took me a similar amount of revives for the previous EOP.

Yes, bugs are an issue, AI behavior is an issue, and the energy cost is an issue.

But I wouldnt say that the experience is different enough to argue that Kabam shouldnt release WoW.

Kabam should rightfully tune the fight down (for Gauntlet at least) as well as reevaluate the next fights. The free point for completion is an okay band aid. But I wouldn’t want this event to not be released at this time because of the current game issues.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,113 ★★★★★
    Cure2024 said:

Shamir51 said:

Cure2024 said:

What are other good options if we don't have sandman? I see everyone mentioning only Sandman for valiant objective.

Hulk is a very good, low cost option.
    Hulk is for Gamma only. I asked for Valiant objective (Sinister six)
    Shocker is the other top contender for this fight.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,427 ★★★★
    I said to myself... forget the objectives and just get the point lol
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 840 ★★★
    It was insanely hard with Sandman. You have to finagle your way to throwing an SP2, which means playing very passively and being absolutely sure to counter Abs Man’s specials. After that, just play perfectly while spamming SP2, and Abs Man won’t be able to go unstoppable or heal at all. It’s definitely doable with 20 revives or less.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

ahmynuts said:

Shamir51 said:

Finally went ahead and got into WoW on my lunch break. Took in my hulk and managed to get Abs Man down to circa. 55-60% health on first attempt. 3 revives later and he was dead. My Hulk is 7* rank 2 and I had 15% attack boost and 20% champion boost.

Due to a medical condition, I'd consider myself fairly average at the game at the best of times, but it certainly wasn't the steaming pile of... that I was expecting given a lot of the posts and comments over the last week or so. Maybe I got lucky with the AI but the Cat Murdock method worked a treat.

Hulk is by far the easiest. It can be one shot without a problem really. Try the robot objective and get back to everyone

So after 5 attempts, the best I've managed is 28% health off Abs Man. I'm hoping I can improve this by the weekend.

And yes, Hulk was by far easier even if it felt cheap using that tactic.

Any tactic you can use to get the defender down is not *cheap* when the fight itself is the cheapest thing I’ve ever seen.

I said to myself... forget the objectives and just get the point lol

Who did you use? How’d it go.
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 148 ★★
    Cause Kabam doesn’t know how to think before they release content (just kidding it’s not a skill challenge, it’s just a unit dump, and if you do skip you can get the piece for a nice $150!)
  • Options
    Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    If you’ve got a ranked Hulk it works. What if you don’t. She-Hulk? Tried with my 5* ascended sig 200 She-Hulk. The AI randomness meant my furies died off too fast or did not apply. I have a 7* Sandman. Got him down to 40% then died and then he heals up to 65% before I can apply sp2 to get enough debuffs to prevent the healing and I start dying too fast. Backup to over 90% health in no time. Really disappointed with Kabam on this one. The attempt to appease people with the free point (if they get one) because they goofed on how hard it would be with a robot - even for Valiant players - just shows they are not balancing the game correctly. I used to be able to get some points in WoW. I would chew through revives and healing but that is part of the cost and is accepted. But this! Really bad form on the part of Kabam. I am reminded of the switch in game dynamics way back in version 11/12. Sooo many bad memories from that. We struggled through it. Stayed with it and now get this. Really bad form Kabam. You need to do better. To be better for the members of this community and followers of this game.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,837 Guardian

If you’ve got a ranked Hulk it works. What if you don’t. She-Hulk? Tried with my 5* ascended sig 200 She-Hulk. The AI randomness meant my furies died off too fast or did not apply. I have a 7* Sandman. Got him down to 40% then died and then he heals up to 65% before I can apply sp2 to get enough debuffs to prevent the healing and I start dying too fast. Backup to over 90% health in no time. Really disappointed with Kabam on this one.

It sounds like you either a) have not maxed out despair or b) are panicking during the fight.

There is no AI issue that can get Abs Man from 40% back up to 90% against Sandman with max despair. He doesn’t heal unless he throws specials, so there’s no way for him to just turtle and heal while you can’t attack. Once you have used a single SP2 and unstoppable is gone, the only thing keeping you from eventually finishing the fight is either you don’t know how to manage his modes (which you can practice in practice mode for free) or you are throwing SP1s in there for some reason and taking too long to get back to SP2 (which you should only do if you are an expert at using Sandman).

To get from 40% to 90% at max sig, Abs Man has to throw at least five specials with *no* debuffs on him. How does that happen before you get to a single SP2?

Can you heavy-counter Abs Man to knock him out of his mode and stop his healing? Reliably? If not, that’s a skill you can practice in practice mode for free. You should definitely do that: it is a reasonable skill for the game to ask players to have attempting something like Winter of Woe. These are things you have to be able to figure out that you have to do, and then figure out how to do, if you want to participate in end game content in this game. If not, you are going to be consistently disappointed, because that skill hurdle is not going away.

And then you need to come up with a strategy for using that skill. I only did it to prevent Abs Man from using refined forms which are the only times he’s actually dangerous. When he’s not refined, Sandman’s debuff neutralize both unstoppable and healing, and then Abs Man is just a bag of health points.
  • Options
    Supersha7Supersha7 Posts: 185 ★★
    edited February 15
    I have to admit, I was initially dreading this fight based on all the community uproar.

8 revives in and he was dead. It’s really not that bad at all.

Hulked it with rk 1 7 star hulk. But really you can do it with anyone , just play smart and know what you can and cannot do.

And if you are worried that he will heal because you missed a punish Just be ready to pause and quit out. Or if you are ok at removing it, that’s fine.

The unstoppable you can just hold block or parry and wait it out. Just don’t panic about the degen timer.

So essentially

1) for skilled players
    So skilled players who can reliably punish his sp1 , sp2 , time his unstoppables out but still parry and reset the degen timer, will do it in less revives.

2) for semi skilled players
    Fight as best you can, if you mess up a punish, just pause and quit. So he won’t heal. Eventually he will die.

3) Ultimate “I’m so rubbish” strat for unskilled.

If you really struggle to punish specials, well.. you can still do dmg pretty well. Just hit him a a few times, hold block so he’s less likely to fire specials and instead he may do heavies, and push to his special 3. Fire heavies and relic to try and get a few more hits in. If he does a special 1 or 2, just pause and instaquit even before the special finishes if you know you can’t punish it reliably.

Sp3 will instakill, with no heal. Rinse and repeat, may take 20 revives, But you get the challenge done. Aim for around 50k-75k dmg per revive, which is definitely doable.

Sorted.