Options

Battleground = unfair

Comments

• Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 856 ★★★

Just wait 10 days and rival level may decrease to baby beginners 👍

Yes I want to wait till , meet you in bg .
  • Options

Just kidding 😊

.... what's your experience with new bg season 😊
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,618 ★★★★★
    Mayavi said:

PT_99 said:

c

Mayavi said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

It's about time Kabam introduce progression based rewards and fights for Cavs and UC players.

Why can't these players understand that everyone is fighting for same rewards so everyone will face everyone.

By nerfing rewards, Kabam should give easier fights so these players can win.
    That'll put an end to this "unfair omg omg."

No they aren’t competing for the same rewards… if they beat Valiants and move up the ranks… do they get access to the Valiant store?
    I said same REWARDS not SHOP, come on man.
    Rewards as in rank milestones.
    Rewards include the shop though….You think valiants are jumping back in for milestones?
    If Cavs want access to good shop then just rank up?
    Can't be harder than making same posts.
    It's difficult for f2p players for buying Rank up materials. 😔
    I'm almost f2p and I have explored 100% Necro, so it's only you who's holding your account back and not the ability of money.
    As a f2p also I can't play 24×7..but I played this game till only 2 years. That's I have feeled lots of changes than previous years. If I play 24×7 or so many years I can do like you as a f2p. But our situations are different.
    It took me 3+ months to do 100% Necro, so it wasn't 24/7 play by me either, just 5 Arena run in morning then 5 during afternoon and 5 in night, this alone for 3 months gave me lots of units.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Mayavi said:

PT_99 said:

c

Mayavi said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

It's about time Kabam introduce progression based rewards and fights for Cavs and UC players.

Why can't these players understand that everyone is fighting for same rewards so everyone will face everyone.

No they aren’t competing for the same rewards… if they beat Valiants and move up the ranks… do they get access to the Valiant store?
    Rewards include the shop though….You think valiants are jumping back in for milestones?
    I'm almost f2p and I have explored 100% Necro, so it's only you who's holding your account back and not the ability of money.
    As a f2p also I can't play 24×7..but I played this game till only 2 years. That's I have feeled lots of changes than previous years. If I play 24×7 or so many years I can do like you as a f2p. But our situations are different.
    It took me 3+ months to do 100% Necro, so it wasn't 24/7 play by me either, just 5 Arena run in morning then 5 during afternoon and 5 in night, this alone for 3 months gave me lots of units.
    That's good 😊
    But my daily situations are different from you to play on times
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 233 ★★
    People buy their deck so can't beat people with the same skill level. So they gotta chill down in low ranks too feel good about spending 2000$+ a month
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 210 ★★
    I think the vt should only match you with rosters similar to your own, but if you go in the GC it’s fair game, at least give low tier players the chance for the exclusive emote each month and basic milestone rewards, still would be challenging, just not “unfair”
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,338 ★★★
    Mayavi said:

Just kidding 😊

🤣It was funny... Peace 😊

My best level reached was Diamond IV and always I started as Gold III.

But this time I'd started as Platinum II 🤦‍♂️
    Well, this season is fun to play.

Good luck 👍
  • Options

Mayavi said:

Just kidding 😊

🤣It was funny... Peace 😊

My best level reached was Diamond IV and always I started as Gold III.

But this time I'd started as Platinum II 🤦‍♂️
    Well, this season is fun to play.

Good luck 👍
    Awesome
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 574 ★★★

I think the vt should only match you with rosters similar to your own, but if you go in the GC it’s fair game, at least give low tier players the chance for the exclusive emote each month and basic milestone rewards, still would be challenging, just not “unfair”

Then it would be unfair for all the people with big rosters that are always fighting against others with the same, since you need 3 to 5 victories in a row to advance at the higher VT tiers, average player vs average player, you get 50% win rate and stagnate forever. Like it or not, roster strength/depth is part of this game mode. It's more unfair to penalize tb/paragon that can advance as far as they otherwise could because they are against nothing but whale decks then it is to not subsidize uc/cav players by giving them nothing but easy match ups. It should be open competition top to bottom. Seeding should make it more fair over time as bigger accounts should then always start higher and give the smaller ones the chance to climb as far as their skill and roster allows, but there is no reason those uc/cav accounts should be making gc when equally or more skilled tb/paragons endlessly trade wins in the lower ranks.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 782 ★★★
    oh...you again
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,941 ★★★★★
    One of this always at beginning and end of season...
    And then the same reward argument...
    Funny fact, a match takes about 7-8 mins.. maybe even 10... Imagine if people took that time to advance their progression...
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 821 ★★★★★
    edited March 7

Funny fact, a match takes about 7-8 mins.. maybe even 10... Imagine if people took that time to advance their progression...

It’s actually not the same argument. The OP is talking about bronze, not plat.

Again - just valiant gate BG’s. That’s where all of this is heading anyway.

Only downside is there won’t be a lot of forum space for some to trash lower accounts for even trying BG’s…. I am sure those in this category can divert those resources elsewhere
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 425 ★★★
    edited March 7
    PT_99 said:

Rewards are already progression based. There is nothing unfair about it.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,618 ★★★★★
    Mayavi said:

PT_99 said:

Mayavi said:

PT_99 said:

c

Mayavi said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

That's good 😊
    But my daily situations are different from you to play on times
    This literally takes 5 minutes tops.
    You seriously can't be this busy lol
  • Options

It’s actually not the same argument. The OP is talking about bronze, not plat.

Again - just valiant gate BG’s. That’s where all of this is heading anyway.

Only downside is there won’t be a lot of forum space for some to trash lower accounts for even trying BG’s…. I am sure those in this category can divert those resources elsewhere
    It doesn't matter if its in Bronze 3 or Plat 1...
    People play when they want, there is a "safe" area until plat; but if people didnt play previous seasons you are just out of luck
    It gets old to see people shield themselves with "I am just Cav".. well stop being Cavallier then ..
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,288 ★★★★★
    If you're meeting competition that high in Bronze, something is definitely off. If the buffer has been removed, then there's a real problem. I would need more information though. Is it an isolated event? Is it a Matchmaking default? I'd have to know more.
  • Options
    mustgofastermustgofaster Posts: 87
    Mayavi said:

I'm bronze 1 and a cavalier Player... And I'm facing paragon players 💀

I see what you did there. Look at me; Flex-magee.

Every time I face rosters of 7*R3 when I don't have a single 7*R2, I always think why are you in my bracket? Shouldn't you be better? HAHAHA
  • Options

If you're meeting competition that high in Bronze, something is definitely off. If the buffer has been removed, then there's a real problem. I would need more information though. Is it an isolated event? Is it a Matchmaking default? I'd have to know more.

Its just that the lower pool is overcrowded due to a lack of interest. It was bound to happen at some point with seeding and all. The system tries to find you a fair match on lower tiers; but at the same time it tries to not make you wait too long...
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,338 ★★★
    Mayavi said:

Awesome

And your start and current rank?
    😊👍
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 210 ★★
    Ortoun said:

Then it would be unfair for all the people with big rosters that are always fighting against others with the same, since you need 3 to 5 victories in a row to advance at the higher VT tiers, average player vs average player, you get 50% win rate and stagnate forever. Like it or not, roster strength/depth is part of this game mode. It's more unfair to penalize tb/paragon that can advance as far as they otherwise could because they are against nothing but whale decks then it is to not subsidize uc/cav players by giving them nothing but easy match ups. It should be open competition top to bottom. Seeding should make it more fair over time as bigger accounts should then always start higher and give the smaller ones the chance to climb as far as their skill and roster allows, but there is no reason those uc/cav accounts should be making gc when equally or more skilled tb/paragons endlessly trade wins in the lower ranks.
    That’s pretty silly, if you have a massive roster and you’re facing someone similar and lose you either aren’t great or got unlucky drafts, if you literally can’t compete cause your defenders have half the HP as your opponents and opponents have the same champs you do a rank or 2 higher ascended then it’s not difficult it’s impossible even if you’re a great player, you don’t struggle to get the 5 wins in a row you struggle to get a win at all
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 327 ★★
    edited March 7

I find it kind of ironic that the OP is complaining about unbalanced competition in bronze and he is treated like the posts of people complaining they can’t get to GC due to matchmaking.

Kabam should probably just make Battlegrounds Valiant only. Seems like we wouldn’t get complaint posts, matchmaking would be resolved and the game mode will be rightfully gated at the community’s wishes. “If you don’t have a big a count, you don’t belong on the mode” apparently is what everyone wants.

It is not unbalanced matchmaking. It is just you guys need to come to your senses. Let's say in bg 6 brize player sent the request to for matchmaking but here is a catch

3 are cavalier
    3 are Paragon

We can easily say 2-2 cavalier and Paragon will make match but what about 1 cavalier and 1 Paragon. This is code level logic. As per logic cavalier has to face Paragon. In first week you might face bigger account.

When op face the lower account then they will not complain about it. They just feel lucky.

And all of above suggestion is do progress, grind unit and revive, do the end game content, become stronger.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,095 ★★★★★
    (This thread may have been going on too long for me to riff on the title but I’m doing it anyway)

Battlegrounds is unfair!
    Valiants and Whales are in there!
    Keeping all the rewards!
    Maintaining their own hoards!

• Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 541 ★★★
    I liked it but that was before, I'm still frustrated not to be up last season and have 3 times 10 for each season if I don't go up :/. And the shop I don't take too much except shields
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,772 Guardian
    I think maybe it is time we stopped trying to explain to people how Battlegrounds is fair, and just straight up say it isn't fair, in the way they think of fairness. Competitions are not fair. Competitions are not about giving everyone the same opportunity to win. Competitions are about the stronger competitor beating the weaker competitor most of the time.

Yes, competitions have rules, and yes, competitions are designed to be, in general, competitive. But when I see a list of names in a chess tournament, say, I think to myself "well, its going to come down to one of those guys, and these guys are probably toast." Because some of them are just better. Those guys are going to win most of the time, and the weaker ones will lose most of the time, because that's what a competition is all about: finding the strongest competitors. The opportunity for the weaker players is to get better and become stronger. It isn't for them to be given "fair fights" so that they win more often.

If you're a weaker competitor, you're probably going to lose more often. You will lose to players with more skill. You will lose to players with more experience. You will lose to players with stronger rosters. This is not an accident. You have no right to pick your opponents. To climb the ladder you have to beat the other players competing.

We want the competition to be fair, and a fair competition does not penalize stronger players for being stronger. As a result, individual fights might be unbalanced, because stronger players will often face weaker ones. That's deliberate, that's by design, and that's not going to change.

And if Kabam does one day lose their minds and change it, we know what's going to happen. Because it has already happened twice before. They tried this with Alliance war, and they were eventually forced to change it back. They did this with Battlegrounds itself, and they were forced to dial it back, at least at the upper tiers of VT. So-called "fair matches" cannot survive in a competitive mode, because it penalizes the strongest competitors. And a competitive mode that does that cannot survive indefinitely.

Not just because I said so. Because it has already happened twice before. It isn't theory, it is history. We aren't going to do that, and if Kabam forgets and does it, it will be forced to put it back. Again.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 821 ★★★★★
    Well we are on page 2 and we are still just blowing by the points made earlier….

In that what is/was being expressed here by the OP is that the balance of matchmaking that has been reserved for plat is now down in bronze for lower accounts.

But as much as everyone complains about these threads, there sure does seem to be a lot of energy reserved for these types of threads without much consideration to the content of each one. It’s like a waving the red banner in front of a bull…. “Must crush the soul of whoever responded… grow your account rube and quit trying to enjoy this mode like you did the last several seasons!!”

• Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 574 ★★★

Ortoun said:

That’s pretty silly, if you have a massive roster and you’re facing someone similar and lose you either aren’t great or got unlucky drafts, if you literally can’t compete cause your defenders have half the HP as your opponents and opponents have the same champs you do a rank or 2 higher ascended then it’s not difficult it’s impossible even if you’re a great player, you don’t struggle to get the 5 wins in a row you struggle to get a win at all
    We've already seen it your way, that's how it was for a while, and everyone hated it because low amounts were cruising to gc because they didn't face any big amounts until platinum, while all but the best of the best of tb and paragon were slugging it out trying to get past gold. Over time the big accounts will win and move on and then the better of the lower accounts will as well. That is as fair a system as you are going to get, moreover, it's as fair as you should have it.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,772 Guardian

Well we are on page 2 and we are still just blowing by the points made earlier….

In that what is/was being expressed here by the OP is that the balance of matchmaking that has been reserved for plat is now down in bronze for lower accounts.

Actually, the OP said he was a Cavalier player facing Paragon players in Bronze 1, and his conclusion is thus that Battlegrounds is for Valiant players only. Try saying that one out loud.

Meanwhile, the thread eventually attracted the "everyone should only match against players they can beat" posts, because of course it did.
  • Options
    Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 699 ★★★
    I wish battle grounds had a tier/bracket selector that based on the star lvl of the champions for example you play BG with 3stars champs you should be able to pick a tier/bracket that only for 3stars so by extension have the same for 4,5,6 and 7 stars as well. If we had this I would actually play BG not just in and lose on purpose with 1stars.
  • Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 234 ★★★
    I get the "it's a competition, the strongest wins" explanation, I really do. If this is really like that, where are the Cavs, TB or even lower accounts for me? Why do I keep fighting huge Valiant rosters? Granted I'm high end Paragon but the gap between me and those accounts are just like if I would be facing a Cav player