Who designed the Wow Dani fight?

13»

Comments

• Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    FuzzyFox said:

This is a great fight apart from the mighty avenger obj. Its either Photon who I don't have (I'm valiant and still can't pull her!) or maybe LC who I don't have ranked up.

I was looking forward to using Sam Wilson until he just dies without doing anything lol

They're giving out a free Photon in the international women's day event
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,303 ★★★★
    SlyFoxZ said:

So far (as a new paragon with a less than extensive roster) I've been just using Herc to take on the fights, even if it only means one point. In this case Herc don't work. But it gave me an excuse to bring out my newly R4d Fantman. I dropped a handful of revives but it was fun!

Amazing! Keep going. That's really cool you see the *top* rewards you can't get and don't just throw in the towl altogether (tho I definitely did the first week). Have been doing the Paragon objectives so far so know I'll miss the top but it's still fun to do what I can.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited March 22
    Want jump on the applause train as well… Particularly: the first few attempts went terribly… Then with a little practice, I did it with r1 deathless gully and r1 Storm X, each using only one revive.

I was concerned about control: denial, because my gully 2099 is only 6* r3. But because it is a skill based fight and practice helped, I did my only solo with a 6* r3… ☺️
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    I will concur with everyone who says this is a well-designed fight, but with one teeny, tiny caveat…

Practice availability. The fight is almost entirely dependent (with a few limited exceptions) on the ability to dex Dani’s Sp2.

Outside WoW, the options to practice dexing that Sp2 are few and far between. Because failed dex is pretty much a KO, that’s important. You get 7 practice shots minimum per refill, and that’s pretty good—but you will need to dex more than once per fight (and there are plenty of things in game that can make dex mechanics a bit *tricky*).

Are there unpractice-able fights in MCoC? Sure—but they are mostly end of chapter, Big Boss type of fights, not “one of several” in an installment fights. Does this make the fight a bad design? Nope.

Like I said, it’s a small caveat. Overall, I love the existence of multiple counters and requirement of a specific skill to fully achieve all objectives. But the lone caveat leaves me giving the fight an “A” grade, not the “A+” my cohorts give it.

Dr. Zola
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I will concur with everyone who says this is a well-designed fight, but with one teeny, tiny caveat…

Practice availability. The fight is almost entirely dependent (with a few limited exceptions) on the ability to dex Dani’s Sp2.

Outside WoW, the options to practice dexing that Sp2 are few and far between. Because failed dex is pretty much a KO, that’s important. You get 7 practice shots minimum per refill, and that’s pretty good—but you will need to dex more than once per fight (and there are plenty of things in game that can make dex mechanics a bit *tricky*).

Are there unpractice-able fights in MCoC? Sure—but they are mostly end of chapter, Big Boss type of fights, not “one of several” in an installment fights. Does this make the fight a bad design? Nope.

Like I said, it’s a small caveat. Overall, I love the existence of multiple counters and requirement of a specific skill to fully achieve all objectives. But the lone caveat leaves me giving the fight an “A” grade, not the “A+” my cohorts give it.

Dr. Zola

You can also always practice against a 3 or 4 star dani moonstar in your roster with a 6 or 7 star champ of your choice. Just let her hit you and if they are over a bar of power block to let her heavy you. Or when she dashes out block until she dashes in the release your block to let her hit you.

It's not guaranteed, she will sometimes still sp1 after heavy knocking you down, but you'll have a lot of practice moments dexing the sp2.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I think this made it better, to be honest. I only did my practice in WoW itself, which made me have to get better faster to avoid wasting energy lmaooo.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★

love the fight so much that I had to do it with rr really enjoyed the fight yes it a r3 RR proud of him also I aware he doesn’t get any objective but had to do it for fun
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    This fight was a huge win. It started out frustrating, but with practice was very doable. It was never frustrating. No real RNG. You never lost progress in the fight. Just fun.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,858 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

You can also always practice against a 3 or 4 star dani moonstar in your roster with a 6 or 7 star champ of your choice. Just let her hit you and if they are over a bar of power block to let her heavy you. Or when she dashes out block until she dashes in the release your block to let her hit you.

It's not guaranteed, she will sometimes still sp1 after heavy knocking you down, but you'll have a lot of practice moments dexing the sp2.
    I've been practicing against my 6* Dani with 3* champs, so that I get plenty of opportunities to dodge the SP2; and it's given me the opportunity to use champs I haven't used on ages. Quite fun!

(Roll on the next 2*/3* challenge please, Kabam...)
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,092 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

You can always use your own dani. It's unlimited practice fight. I used a 1* wolverine against my 4* dani since he can regenerate the block damage from basic hits, So I can focus on dexing dani sp2
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,376 ★★★★★
    Having an issue where sometimes trying to dex the first hit of her sp2 my champ stays blocking instead of dexing. Tried left hand dexing (it was worse), tried holding block with left and swiping back with right thumb, it was better but still nof consistent. I guess it comes down to how good ones device is because my timing was accurate
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,303 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Having an issue where sometimes trying to dex the first hit of her sp2 my champ stays blocking instead of dexing. Tried left hand dexing (it was worse), tried holding block with left and swiping back with right thumb, it was better but still nof consistent. I guess it comes down to how good ones device is because my timing was accurate

Honestly, ALL my timing has been messed up the past few hours. Constantly taking combos when I should be perfectly parrying. I'm holding off on trying to do the Dani fight until it seems to have calmed back to normal.