**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

House of Zemo by an *average? valiant

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,179 ★★★★★
edited March 28 in General Discussion
I had to get this done before the saga boost wore off. I'm still not done, but I'll update it as I go.

Team: 6r5 ascended Zemo w/6* valk, 4*,3*,2* (no 5 star though I've asked, complained and gotten warned for asking for one) max despair, deep wounds and 4/5 assassin, 15% attack, 15% health, 30% green

Doom: I hated him to start. I restarted 72 times trying to get a solo. I could get one, but I'd end with ~10% health. My Zemo had over 100k health so I didn't worry about glancing as much. I would try to get to sp2 almost to sp3, make Doom fire a special, fire sp2, dash in, heavy two times and then connect a sp1. If get about 15 bleeds. Then I would try for another sp2 and repeat. Then I just tried to wait it out. The 30 bleeds drained him pretty well. Just don't take a doom slap to the face. 0 items

Terrax: entered with ~40% health, healed to full. I just went in and smashed the attack button. The rock field armor break let's you root him quickly, and his bleed immune lets you do some big damage. I would loop my sp2 and sp1. I tried to back off when the rock field had been on for awhile as it was doing massive damage, but I got cornered and died. Redoing it, I would use the sp2 root and stay away so the field would die. Just brute forcing it got to ~20%. I would definitely suggest healing for this fight. 1 revive, 1 full heal.

Vision: just pray for damage and bait out his sp1, the sp2, and then do as much as damage as possible. For me, as soon as he got to sp3, he threw it, but your results may vary. I just tried to spam special 2 the sp1s. 2 revives.

Modok: I thought that this fight would be horrible, but a r5 ascended does so much damage. I would parry, do a mlh. The heavy would do a massive amount (34k if stunned). I would wait out the timer for disorient so I could parry again. I would also push to sp2 because that is easier for me to dodge. I only had to do a sp2 and sp1 one time because the damage was so great from regular attacks. I think he only fished with 8 bleeds, but not sure. (Much better than my Mojo challenge where I spent 17 revives or something on Modok for EoP) 1 revive

Spiderham: I thought I would hate this, but it is my favorite thus far. Don't let him get to the sp2 because it'll be harder to dodge, but I'm sure you know that. I died the first time, but took off 15% health as I entered with only 10% health. When I revived, piggy rooted himself (I'm not even sure with what, perhaps a porker popper), then I was able to launch another sp2 when that root was done, followed by a sp2, and then kept attacking with my relic. Just from that cycle he died. I wish I knew what I did better, but the damage was massive somehow. 1 revive and 1 full heal

Weapon X: make sure you have despair. Nothing difficult if you can ight weapon x. Just stack those bleeds and watch him melt I think I ended up having 40 bleeds on him. Just be careful that he doesn't got unstoppable when he's rooted. He smacked me pretty good. 0 items

And here is my first stop.
1 revive

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    Valk relic he means, not the actual hero.
  • Options
    EdarimEdarim Posts: 29
    aah, my bad ...
  • Options

Edarim said:

Team: 6r5 ascended Zemo w/6* valk, 4*,3*,2* (no 5 star though I've asked, complained and gotten warned for asking for one) max despair, deep wounds and 4/5 assassin, 15% attack, 15% health, 30% green

arent you supposed to do this with only zemo in your team??
    Think he means relic valk
    Yep, the relic. I would be so mad if I had the valk champion on my team.
  • Options
    Thing: easy peasy. Just bait specials until you can launch two sp2. That will stop the unstoppable from happening. Then it's just a long Thing fight. I used sp1 after two sp2 to apply the disorient and then you can bypass his protection sometimes. 0 items

Korg: I hate mix master fyi. My plan was to get to sp2 to apply the decelerate so he wouldn't go unstoppable and evade. After several tries, I was successful at getting two applied. Then it was much easier. Having a high health also helped when I messed up with thorns. I if you can decide his sp1 decently and and handle mix master, then it shouldn't be a problem. 4 revives and full heal

Mojo: was actually easier than I thought, but may be due to luck with his prompts. I just stayed close so the staggers would purify and he was rooted. Then, I launched my sp2, and then sp1s. He got down to ~35% health. Revived and full healed. I took an sp3 and still survived. 1 revive and heal

DRAGON man: build to sp2, sp1, chain relic, die, repeat. Or some combination of that. 4 revives.

Black Panther: get to sp2 to apply decelerate. Pretty basic. 0 items

Nightcrawler: I can't switch his mode easily, and I didn't read his new buff, but I went in unswr the assumption that Kabam kept the same nightcrawler from pre-buff. He seemed to be the same. I parried, mlm, until I got to sp2. Applied the decelerate, get to sp2 again, then the evade was done. Then I just waited out the bleeds with an occasional parry. 0 items

Spider-gwen: I thought this would be hard, but it was easy. I healed to full health. My plan was to not parry, do my best to intercept, and get to a sp2 to get the decelerate. Gwen cooperated easily. I did take a combo to the face which got me my first sp2, and then everything else lied up. 0 revives but full heal before jumping in.

Domino: I have no idea how she works. Maybe there's a trick to somewhat avoid her constant damage, but I don't know it. My idea was to apply sp1 and hope the bleed stuck since it would be a booster bleed from the node. I thought a sp2 would be too much power for Domino if she purified the 5 bleeds. Only on four sp1 did the bleeds ever stick. I don't know if there is a better strategy for Domino. 5 revives and full heal.

Ibom: there might be a plan here that I didn't get, but it was mostly just do damage and try to apply a bleed when you have a cleanse charge. It was hard for me to line everything up. I did get two bleeds to stick at one time, and once that happened, I would use the node to dash back, purify the debuffs, and have him rooted. 4 revives.

Apoc: he does become bleed immune, but then you get to deal amazing damage. I probably would have fully healed because after you die, he gains his charges and then he hits harder. 2 revives, but would have been 0 if I healed. I can't fully dex his specials so I resigned myself to block damage.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    Great write up! Zemo worth R5 anyway, do you feel?
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★

Domino: I have no idea how she works. Maybe there's a trick to somewhat avoid her constant damage, but I don't know it. My idea was to apply sp1 and hope the bleed stuck since it would be a booster bleed from the node. I thought a sp2 would be too much power for Domino if she purified the 5 bleeds. Only on four sp1 did the bleeds ever stick. I don't know if there is a better strategy for Domino. 5 revives and full heal.

Surprised that Domino has been around for this long, and people still don't know how she works lol. Anyway, the "constant damage" is from her 'Critical Failure', which procs whenever one of your abilities fails to activate, which is often because she also lowers your Champs AA passively, and when you're unlucky. Skill Champs always gain Unlucky after she gains a bar of power, which lowers your AA further, and makes Dex fail.

As for why your Bleeds weren't sticking, that's because she has a 50% chance to Purify bleed debuffs, which also grants her power.
  • Options
    Saving this!
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    This is an awesome write up.

I forgot all about the boost. I may just have to bite the bullet, go in with 4 Zemos and do this sometime in the next few days before it ends!
  • Options
    edited March 28

Surprised that Domino has been around for this long, and people still don't know how she works lol. Anyway, the "constant damage" is from her 'Critical Failure', which procs whenever one of your abilities fails to activate, which is often because she also lowers your Champs AA passively, and when you're unlucky. Skill Champs always gain Unlucky after she gains a bar of power, which lowers your AA further, and makes Dex fail.

As for why your Bleeds weren't sticking, that's because she has a 50% chance to Purify bleed debuffs, which also grants her power.
    I know that part. What I don't understand is why it occurs. For example, when she was hitting into my block, it would happen and I'd take crit damage. But when I would sex backwards and it'd say dex failed, it wouldn't always give me damage, even though it's saying my ability failed. I also knew why my bleeds weren't sticking as I said I hoped they would stick and that if she purified 5 bleeds it'd be too much power. @Dirty_Dozz
  • Options

I forgot all about the boost. I may just have to bite the bullet, go in with 4 Zemos and do this sometime in the next few days before it ends!

Since this challenge was started, I've opened over 1.2 million 5* shards. (I had been hoarding them). And still hadn't gotten a Zemo so I decided to dive in so I'd at least have the boost. It may not seem like much, but it gives me an extra ~650 attack and ~10,000 HP, which I needed for fights like Domino and Korg. And I'm assuming Void and Thanos (whole I used 17 revives on alone for the Avengers challenge until I learned/figured out about holding block so he doesn't throw his special).
  • Options

Great write up! Zemo worth R5 anyway, do you feel?

Totally. I would have ranked him anyways for being a Photon counter once I learned that he does great against her.
  • Options

Since this challenge was started, I've opened over 1.2 million 5* shards. (I had been hoarding them). And still hadn't gotten a Zemo so I decided to dive in so I'd at least have the boost. It may not seem like much, but it gives me an extra ~650 attack and ~10,000 HP, which I needed for fights like Domino and Korg. And I'm assuming Void and Thanos (whole I used 17 revives on alone for the Avengers challenge until I learned/figured out about holding block so he doesn't throw his special).
    1.2 million?!? That's wild, and terrible luck.
    It's always when you're searching for something specific you can never seem to pull them, go figure.

I'm lucky enough to have the 5*, just no 2* as I haven't done the avengers yet, neither my 6* antman nor BW are duped, and really not feeling using 200 sigs on BW right now so I've put that one on the back burner for now.

I'm still debating on whether or not to put more sigs into Zemo, as he is only sig 40 currently.
    The extra crit would definitely help, but at the same time I do want to eventually do the avengers challenge, and as you know I will need to, at a minimum, max sig BW.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I am in the same situation with 5* Zemo, never considered the boost making up for not having him. Thanks for the tip, I'll be doing it shortly.
  • Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 442 ★★★
    Do you feel that ranking zemo to that level is worth for a casual bgs player? What would you say the minimum rank for this challenge is?
  • Options
    Wong_99 said:

Do you feel that ranking zemo to that level is worth for a casual bgs player? What would you say the minimum rank for this challenge is?

Zemo Is a killer, so ranking him as high as you can is a good idea.

As for minimum rank for the carinas challenge, I'm not sure as I haven't done it yet myself.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 901 ★★★★

I know that part. What I don't understand is why it occurs. For example, when she was hitting into my block, it would happen and I'd take crit damage. But when I would sex backwards and it'd say dex failed, it wouldn't always give me damage, even though it's saying my ability failed. I also knew why my bleeds weren't sticking as I said I hoped they would stick and that if she purified 5 bleeds it'd be too much power. @Dirty_Dozz
    The reason she was crit failing your block was due to the zemo self synergy. He has a small chance to perfect block and he when he would fail dom would place the crit failure
  • Options

The reason she was crit failing your block was due to the zemo self synergy. He has a small chance to perfect block and he when he would fail dom would place the crit failure
    That's it!!! You're a genius. Would you like an insight or an awesome?
  • Options
    edited March 28
    And it's done.

Sassy: I was worried because of the power snack/gain node. I myself just got lucky, and having a big health pool allowed me to rank a sp3. Ithe bleeds don't work, so it's a long, slow fight. Just make sure you have despair so you can stop his Regen. I was going to try a sp3, but I thought it would take me out of my flow. 0 revives, a d the proudest fight I had

Killmonger: easy, but wasn't expecting it. His bleed through block instantly roots him, so always try to make sure you have your purify ready to go. Just stack in the bleeds while he's rooted. I just spammed sp2 because I didn't want to throw a sp1 in there and maybe push him to a sp3. Also, I didn't pay much attention to reverberate because my health pool was so high, it I don't think Zemo's mediums (gun shots) trigger it. His increased power gain from having dot debuffs was also helpful because I can easily dex his sp2, but not as easily his sp1. 0 revives, halfway heal

Void: just manage your combo timer and your cleanse charges. If I was close to Zemo getting a sp2 while his bleed timer was about to come on, I would. The bleeds get extra damage from the power shield nose. Otherwise, I'd just throw sp1 to keep the combo meter and cleanse charges going. High health pool was really great for this one too. 1 revive, two heals.

Fury: just a regular fury fight. I stacked on the bleeds, then waited with my power at almost special 3. When his lmd was destroyed, I waited it out as long as I could, fired my sp2 into sp1 and then waited it out. 0 revives

Thanos: sta ked on the bleeds as early as possible. It melted him to 31% before I died. Then revived with a 20%, Thanos evaded and smacked me and killed me. Revived and max healed. Not sure how, but I got a special 2 into sp1 into relic, into more hits, into hold block so he wouldn't throw a special, and he died. Luck wins again. 2 revives, 1 full heal.

Take that Kabam for not giving me a 5* Zemo!

I came in with revives and 450 1,650 health potions, and didn't need units for anything. Which is good because I'll need them for that horrible Tigra challenge.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    Congrats on completing the Zemo challenge. Thanks for this post, I'll use it once I try it myself.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,998 ★★★★★
    Wong_99 said:

Nagase did the challenge with r3
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    @willrun4adonut congrats brother! Also maybe save ur revives in case they're needed for the final winter of woe runs depending on how challenging the objectives are since the rewards are far superior and it's limited time. Can always do the tigra challenge later on.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

@willrun4adonut congrats brother! Also maybe save ur revives in case they're needed for the final winter of woe runs depending on how challenging the objectives are since the rewards are far superior and it's limited time. Can always do the tigra challenge later on.

I will be. But with the potion bundle here, units to spend, and not caring about spring cleaning or July 4th deals, I'm not worried. But yes, I will do the WoW finale first.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★

Milan1405 said:

I will be. But with the potion bundle here, units to spend, and not caring about spring cleaning or July 4th deals, I'm not worried. But yes, I will do the WoW finale first.
    good job @willrun4adonut !. Btw, have you decided who to pick from the double 7 star selector yet?
  • Options
    I originally was going to do a Masacre dupe, but I really enjoyed Stark Spidey. I had never used him before so who knows. But it's a ways away (like a month+) before I do the Tigra challenge.
  • Options
    Wong_99 said:

@Wong_99 I draft my Zemo frequently for BG, so yes. I also haven’t had a person take him on our war path (gold 6) and not die at least twice since I’ve ranked him, He’s a good defender for BG, and can take Photon and some others pretty easily for offense.

I know some people have done it with a r3 Zemo, but if you’re a scrub like me, I need the extra HP for fights like Terrax, Sassy, Korg, Void and Domino. The extra attack was nice, but I really was more focused on increasing my health with the extra rank. But I would say most average people should have a r4.