Options

Good lord what is this kindred fight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Vikings27Vikings27 Posts: 10
    Samanun said:

Samanun said:

It’s not that hard how do you not know how to fight kindred he’s been out since july of last year have just not been playing the game all this time?
    As for the node yeah reversed controls is a stupid node and it shouldn't be in the game but even me who’s pretty bad at reversed controls easily solo’d the fight, i still don’t see what half the community seems to be complaining about, his specials aren’t hard to dex you don't get rooted if you aren’t near him, kindred isn't a difficult defender especially in side quest where you can bring a perfect counter and don't have to worry about health just throw a special when he gets to 5% he has an extremely low health pool and super slow specials that can easily be avoided, i really don't want to be that person but… skill issue

I’ve rarely read a comment this long and disagreed on everything. You are completely out of touch with the difficulty of the fight. Accusing everyone on this thread of not understanding how kindred works is just asking for dislikes
    When did i accuse everyone in the thread of not knowing how to fight kindred? I was speaking to op not you, maybe you took it personally cause you don't know how to fight him.
    Well you're both wrong, you said half the community in your post. Lol
  • Options
    Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    This Kindred also doesn’t have access to their SP3, so feel free to push the power meter as high as you want.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 851 ★★★
    Titania worked great for me. Just activate haymaker to coincide with rooted.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,708 ★★★★
    Used Juggs for 2 runs, onslaught for the other 2.
    Spent 2 revives total. 1 because I died immediately going in with him at 74 health and tried to light intercept at the start and got smacked.
    The other one to go back in and not try to light intercept this time and got him.

Pretty difficult fight for what it's for, really.

Not everybody has a r5A onslaught and r2 juggs, among highly ranked versions of the other best counters.

It's SQ, not endgame content.
  • Options
    Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Posts: 79
    Samanun said:

Samanun said:

It’s not that hard how do you not know how to fight kindred he’s been out since july of last year have just not been playing the game all this time?
    As for the node yeah reversed controls is a stupid node and it shouldn't be in the game but even me who’s pretty bad at reversed controls easily solo’d the fight, i still don’t see what half the community seems to be complaining about, his specials aren’t hard to dex you don't get rooted if you aren’t near him, kindred isn't a difficult defender especially in side quest where you can bring a perfect counter and don't have to worry about health just throw a special when he gets to 5% he has an extremely low health pool and super slow specials that can easily be avoided, i really don't want to be that person but… skill issue

I’ve rarely read a comment this long and disagreed on everything. You are completely out of touch with the difficulty of the fight. Accusing everyone on this thread of not understanding how kindred works is just asking for dislikes
    When did i accuse everyone in the thread of not knowing how to fight kindred? I was speaking to op not you, maybe you took it personally cause you don't know how to fight him.
    There’s a ton of people agreeing with him on this page. They are saying the fight is too difficult. So that means you are saying they don’t know how to fight kindred. Funny how your first instinct is to try and shame people
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 631 ★★★
    Vikings27 said:

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

Well you're both wrong, you said half the community in your post. Lol
    Obviously I didn’t mean “half the community” there’s no way for me to know if it’s actually half it’s just a figure of speech, you shouldn't take peoples words too literally.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,060 ★★★
    Kindred without the delirium node would have been no problem for me I can take him anytime but I'm so bad at reverse controls lol
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 631 ★★★

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

There’s a ton of people agreeing with him on this page. They are saying the fight is too difficult. So that means you are saying they don’t know how to fight kindred. Funny how your first instinct is to try and shame people
    Did you even read op’s post? They literally said “First of all you have a new (very difficult) defender that most people aren’t familiar with yet.”
    Im Not trying to shame anybody kindred is 9 months old if you haven’t even tried to learn to fight him in all that time then you shouldn’t be complaining, that’s just common sense. Im not saying you should be solo’ing it first try every time, even i died to it but the fight isn't anywhere near difficult enough to complain about

Agreeing with someone that a fight is too difficult doesn’t mean they don't know how to fight X champ, one does not equal the other bro.
  • Options
    ShadowFoxShadowFox Posts: 9
    This fight was not fun for me especially when I got rooted in the middle of my combo or when he dashed in and I rooted before he does a 3 to 4 hit combo then use a SP1 or SP2. So still not fun and glad I don’t have to do again.
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Honestly the root on sp1 makes it easier to Punish him. Or just get him to sp2 and punish him with that.

Reverse controls are straight forward enough. Just keep cool and don't get so tense. It makes it harder to get into it if ur constantly thinking. Let it come naturally.
    Probably use a spiderverse hero champ or robot/psychic shielding champ

It's a decent way of getting used to reverse controls, managing multiple nodes/abilities/situations, and Just fighting Kindred in general. Pretty fun. Aim to get a solo. Once u get that, you've probably mastered Kindred to a decent level too.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,488 ★★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

Welp, problem solved

Ah the good ol solution. Hope no one calls you "boring, lazy or noob" for using one of the champs in the game. 😱😌
  • Options
    Pickle_ticklePickle_tickle Posts: 24

Wake up mate not everyone has R3 do it with a r4 6 star without class advantage - wise guy my r3 did it sub min no kidding!!!

Literally, people who have no problem with this fight are the sweats and whales with all the counters at 7* R3 like well done... not hard when your champ is as huge as that
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Kabam supplies me with another confirmation that stepping back and chilling is how to have fun in this game.

Numerous tries, options and hoping for complaint AI all for a morsel of side quest rewards is an easy “hard pass.”
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 595 ★★★★

Josh2507 said:

Welp, problem solved

Ah the good ol solution. Hope no one calls you "boring, lazy or noob" for using one of the champs in the game. 😱😌
    There are very few fights in the game that effectively demand Hercules

A regular side quest boss should not be one of those
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,488 ★★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

Josh2507 said:

Welp, problem solved

There are very few fights in the game that effectively demand Hercules

A regular side quest boss should not be one of those
    Yeah this fight sucks for the rewards it provide.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 468 ★★★
    It's not hard, 💩 paragon here. Use a champ that doesn't have to deal with reversed controls, and have a special ready when he roots you at 5% health. That's it.

No need to make a lot of noise about relatively simple things...rather bother Kabam about fixing bugs, that's much more important 👻
  • Options
    Qwerty112211Qwerty112211 Posts: 17
    I'm sure if most paragon players has a r5 nimrod they would do the same - however most do not so what's the point of saying I soloed it with a r5 big deal - do it with a r4 and then talk . Fact is kabam either don't care about paragons or are not thinking hard enough about the content they release - the hrdest content is easier if u have r3 or r2 it obvious ascended too joke!!
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 204 ★★

I'm sure if most paragon players has a r5 nimrod they would do the same - however most do not so what's the point of saying I soloed it with a r5 big deal - do it with a r4 and then talk . Fact is kabam either don't care about paragons or are not thinking hard enough about the content they release - the hrdest content is easier if u have r3 or r2 it obvious ascended too joke!!

I solo'd with R4 ascended nimrod. I think it took me about 8 tries to get 4 solos.
  • Options
    BloodyRoseBloodyRose Posts: 62
    edited April 15
    I am doing Threat Level 4. Juggs (5*R5 Sig168 ascended) was my best champ after testing with a bunch restarts. It was a challenging fight that did not have reversed controls, but after a few restarts to get used to used it, only 1 revive per try. Boosts on, of course!

I tried with Sunspot (6*R4 Ascended) and his SP2 did serious damage, but the reversed controls made it difficult to land it.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,607 ★★★★★
    Struggled mightily at first but ran through with Silk and just leaning into the reversed controls.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
    3x solo with Onslaught …
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 477 ★★★

Wake up mate not everyone has R3 do it with a r4 6 star without class advantage - wise guy my r3 did it sub min no kidding!!!

Literally, people who have no problem with this fight are the sweats and whales with all the counters at 7* R3 like well done... not hard when your champ is as huge as that
    I used my 6* r5 ascended Stealthy. R5 are not hard to come by. U can do this fight with spider Gwen. It's not that hard. 7*r1 can do just fine.