**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Is one 7R3 and some titan shards really worth 130mil+ gold?

2»

Comments

• Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 912 ★★★
    Other
    They’re using selling all the ISO as part of the gold calculations.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,534 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    Keep in mind that the people you're asking this question to probably have over 60 million gold at least
  • Options
    MystGMystG Posts: 40
    edited April 29
    Gold
    I'm personally going with gold.

I'm a decent valiant with 4 r3s, 8 r2s and 15 r5a.
    With act 8 I had 20m gold and low iso and it all disappeared on the next level up as I ranked 10+ champs for magic thief bg meta.

I've been consistently buying all the trader outpost gold for last 4 weeks,, doing EQ, sq, incursions and even a little bit of arenas. But my gold never stays. I hardly manage to go past 5m and the next level up it all drains down to around 100-200k. I've also been selling all my basic iso.

Hence, this event has served as a great source of both. Tbh, I had 3-4 champs ranked up for Weeks but waiting for iso. (I was even buying so much iso from glory in last few weeks to max level my kushala lol)

• Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 852 ★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    Depends on a lot. Who are your r3 options, do you play competitively, are you already valiant, are you low on gold, what would you rather have, etc.

I got most everything but last the last million for just gold. That titan and r3 ended up being onslaught for me, so in my case it worked out.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 912 ★★★
    Other
    Have fun choosing class 3 times for each purchase.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    Gold
    I said screw the t4a and titan, so far bought enough shard to form a 3rd t4a (needed to buy 8 of the 1450 one), bought the 5k titan shards, and the rest is going on gold/iso for the future.

I was hovering around 14-20mil gold for a few months but a ton of rankups got me down to just over 1 mil.

I'm ensuring I will never be that low on gold again.
  • Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 604 ★★★
    smdam38 said:

Have fun choosing class 3 times for each purchase.

Yeah I bought 99 of them and it took me twenty minutes to select all of it
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 832 ★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    i can get 100k+ points in level up most of the time for years now. If you are f2p and can grind arena regularly, gold shouldn't be an issue. I found myself sitting at around 30-40 mil gold for quite a while now. But 100+ mil gold is not a bad trade at all. Some of my valiant friends actually bought smaller offers and get millions of gold.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    bought both bc I’m a whaly whale. The r3 was awesome, the gold was gone in about an hour
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 212 ★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    Just grind Arena and Incursions if you're really hurting for Gold. A rank 3 is the most valuable resource in the game and the extra 20 sigs on Thing will really make him sturdier.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,332 ★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan

These 7R3 materials will surely be becoming much more common over the next few months, especially after J4. I reckon the gold would last at least till the end of the year if not longer.

I have no idea why this is even debatable.

You point out that 7R3 materials will become more common, but they are still more uncommon than gold. Ranking is more valuable than Leveling.

T4a and Titan shards require special offers to obtain, completing difficult content, and inefficiently by duping 7-star champions (and 7-star shards are still be more uncommon than gold).
    Gold can be obtain through special offers, completing all types of content, inefficiently by duping any star level champions, arena, gold crystals, and special Deadpool events (like Hall of Fortune).

There are many different avenues to 'solving' your gold shortage, including just decreasing the pace you rank up champions. There are fewer avenues to solving a T4a/Titan shortage, and decreasing the pace you rank up or open Titan crystals isn't really a choice.

For example: Aug 1st - you have 0 gold, and 0 Titan Shards, and 0 T4a. For the month of August, you can probably easily get back to 1m gold by doing content and opening whatever crystals you have left (even just the free daily crystals). In contrast, for the month of August, you probably won't be able to do anything meaningful to increase your Titan or T4a supply. Maybe a 600 shards from duping a 7-star, maybe a fraction of a T4a from completing some difficult side content. That means for the month of August, you can't open any Titan crystals or rank 3 any 7-stars, while for the month of August you can level up any champion you want.
  • Options
    Gold
    There is no right answer here.

I can give an example of my two accounts. Both are valiant.

1) Main account : not f2p. I do arena everyday and grind this game as much as my schedule allows. No problems with gold at all. On this account, i will go the t4a/titan shards route

2) Alt: newly valiant, i do zero arena/ incursions here. Always have gold budgeting requirements here, along with iso shortages. On this account, im going to seize my chance and remove gold from the equation once and for all. Im going the gold route here because i can sacrifice one r3 now for a long term gold of never hurting for gold ever again. in about 4-5 months r3s will become the norm, anyway.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 679 ★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan

There is no right answer here.

I can give an example of my two accounts. Both are valiant.

1) Main account : not f2p. I do arena everyday and grind this game as much as my schedule allows. No problems with gold at all. On this account, i will go the t4a/titan shards route

2) Alt: newly valiant, i do zero arena/ incursions here. Always have gold budgeting requirements here, along with iso shortages. On this account, im going to seize my chance and remove gold from the equation once and for all. Im going the gold route here because i can sacrifice one r3 now for a long term gold of never hurting for gold ever again. in about 4-5 months r3s will become the norm, anyway.

Glad you gave context. Having 2 accounts vs only 1 main account affects decision making. Some of the people here saying going for gold also spent money on the deals, so they have the luxury of getting both.