Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Mmx1991Mmx1991 Member Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Just finished watching Seatin beat the final boss of act 5.4, Labyrinth Ultron, AND IT WAS EASIER THAN A NODE 24 LAB ULTRON.

When the final boss of Act 5 is easier than a crummy node in AW, then there's something really wrong here.

FIX NODE 24!
  • Koukou81Koukou81 Member Posts: 3
    aihkgcjb7qda.png

So there obviously is a mistake in your spreadsheet right?

There should be a max of 485 points in attack bonus and not 450 since there are 55 nodes in each bg were we can place defenders on and empty nodes give us 3 points automatically.
  • StuffofLegendStuffofLegend Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    If Diversity is really intended to be a tie breaker only, it should award only 1 point to the alliance with the highest number of unique defenders. It only takes 1 point to break a tie
  • Kreap_805Kreap_805 Member Posts: 61
    Hidden champs along with hidden classes.. make war.. a war.. 100% every war? Cmon, you need to work for 100%... baby mode..
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Member Posts: 213 ★★
    Aw still sucks. We had less deaths and still lost the war. Tired of this ****.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Member Posts: 213 ★★
    Skill should be the ONLY deciding factor when players are going against other actual players.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    @Justice_Evo_8 new scoring hasn't gone into effect yet.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Member Posts: 480 ★★
    I think has been for the past 2 wars...
  • LialechkaLialechka Member Posts: 35
    I didn’t read the whole thread, so I apologize if repeating.
    Because of the 1st change in AW ( big bonus for diversity) a lot of people wasted gold and tier 4 basic and class catalysts as well as iso.
    With the new change (good one) can we get the tokens to lower those hero we wouldn’t upgrade if it wasn’t for the diversity.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Member Posts: 843 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike any discussions being had about the top left mini-boss only having one portal?
    I think has been for the past 2 wars...

You're right. For some reason I had it in my head it was after maintenance.
  • hurricanthurricant Member Posts: 545 ★★★
    Kudos Kabam. Been critical of wars in the past, but this seems like it may have fixed it.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Any update on when the non boss defenders will get hidden again? While you're at it, go ahead and hide the classes as well in Tier 1.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Not sure how I feel about this new system either, just lost a war by 120 points which sucks but some played poorly which cost us in the end but it is what it is people are just going to have to adjust to all this again until they pull out more changes again which are most likely coming until we reach the final version
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Any update on when the non boss defenders will get hidden again? While you're at it, go ahead and hide the classes as well in Tier 1.

I have a theory that they will make it permanent.
    edited December 2017
    I don't think they will. Personally I'm fine with not having to burn masteries on class detect lol. Especially with the (removed by moderator) nodes they have now. But they should hide the defenders.
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    Precisely , we could see the class of the enemy on each node, but not the hero (excluding the mini bosses and boss)
  • AcanthusAcanthus Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Is Kabam fine with the current iteration of Mystic Blade Wars? I guess people who have a Blade are, but the others like me, well..
  • AcanthusAcanthus Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Never said anything about Magik, she's only a threat on Immunity
  • BuckRogersBuckRogers Member Posts: 14
    Could it be possible to display the defenders when adjusting the defence *without* the boost from their nodes?
    I mean just like it was, that made it easier for officers to replace some heroes. Now I have no idea what the heroes base values are without the node.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Member Posts: 67
    new AW update is great, only thing i dont like is it has brought mystic defenders back. its interacting with mystic dispersion is so bad. people die for evading.

I really hope that problem with mystic dispersion gets fixed.

and also the AW rewards feels very outdated. Nobody is excited for a war victory crystal.
    MD is a ridiculous mastery.

Evading/expiring buffs = power gain?

How original.
    2 ongoing issues ... we can still see non-mini boss/boss defenders (not hidden).... and the un-announced change to AW matchmaking (used to be just based on War Rating, now it's on War Rating+Prestige) is resulting in ridiculously long matchmaking times.
  • Jreed2560Jreed2560 Member Posts: 12
    Yes matchmaking took over 3 hrs and will cause us to miss out on the next war.
  • Angry_Asian17Angry_Asian17 Member Posts: 33
    The rewards need to get buffed. Tier 1 war rating of 3k has nearly the same rewards as tier 2 1700 rating. The amount of resources used in a war don't justify the means, in this case the rewards. Please buff the rewards, add t1 and t2 alpha fragments along with 6 star shards. And please, please, please hide the defenders. It's killing wars terribly that u can still see every defender on the map.
  • Jreed2560Jreed2560 Member Posts: 12
    As I predicted we missed an opportunity for tonight's war because matchmaking took 4 hrs to find a match the other day.
    Lost out on matching for a 3rd war last night, since the first 2 matches took 1.5-2.5 hours to find a match, then the final one did not find a match after a little over an hour.

#NeedLoyalty

Kabam, please return the AW matchmaking to just based off of War Rating ... this is getting ridiculous ... and you still have not announced or even acknowledged the awful change to the AW matchmaking algorithm.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Lost out on matching for a 3rd war last night, since the first 2 matches took 1.5-2.5 hours to find a match, then the final one did not find a match after a little over an hour.

#NeedLoyalty

Kabam, please return the AW matchmaking to just based off of War Rating ... this is getting ridiculous ... and you still have not announced or even acknowledged the awful change to the AW matchmaking algorithm.

If match making has indeed been changed to matching based on both war rating and prestige, then:

1. This should be disclosed in patch notes. This is a player-facing change explicitly of a kind that @Kabam Miike stated way back during 12.0 discussions that Kabam "always" discloses in patch notes.

2. There are two ways to do this: using a synthetic metric that combines war rating and prestige, and by two-dimensional match making where both war rating and prestige are simultaneously matched independently. The former has balance issues. The latter only works if you have enough alliances looking for matches in every single rating and prestige partition non-stop. Apparently, that isn't true. To implement this correctly would require a lot of alliance war participation analysis, which was clearly not done. This is not something to just try and see.

3. If this was done it sounds like something done to address player complaints about matching solely by war rating being "unfair." This is actually a variation of the problem that originally afflicted AW in 15.0: competition was not prioritized so it fell by the wayside. Matching by war rating always has a chance - even when done perfectly correctly, which I'm not saying the game does - to match alliances against much stronger alliances. That's because the point to war rating is to state, as a matter of principle, that any alliance that wins a lot demonstrates that their actual strength is higher than their alliance prestige or rating would imply, and that therefore the "fair" thing to do would be to match them against alliances that are stronger than their rating. That is the *definition* of fair in the rating-match system. By definition, you can't argue it is unfair when you run up against a numerically higher alliance. That's just what happens when you win often enough.

If Kabam is going to try to "fix" this problem, they first have to understand that this is only a subjective problem that some but not all players believe to be the case. To "fix" it, they have to redefine what a fair war is, and when they do they will create problems for all the players that don't agree. They need to communicate why they are siding with some players against others.

The long match making times are just a nasty side effect of doing this in a way that I think will eventually redefine what a fair fight is in ways I don't think will be acceptable to everyone even if they fix the match making timers.

Also, I'm very worried Kabam will take the easy way out: speed up match making by relaxing the match making match window. In other words, allow alliances to be matched against other alliances with both war rating and prestige that is farther away, which will make it easier to find a "match." That's going to be a worst of all worlds solution.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Member Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Any word on updating rewards since we seem to be updating a bunch of other things?